Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government (30647 Views)

New Photos Of Lizzy, The Drug Junkie Transformed By Pastor Tony Rapu / Lizzy, Transformed By Pastor Tony Rapu: Before And After Photos / Tony Rapu Reacts To Busola Dakolo's Rape Allegation Against Pastor Fatoyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by KKKWHITE(m): 11:21am On Apr 25, 2017
Afam4eva:
This is a step in the right direction. Religious bodies should not be seen violating existing laws. But i hope Lagos state will extend this to other big churches.
Exactly .
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by quiverfull(m): 11:21am On Apr 25, 2017
Really?
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by jnrbayano(m): 11:22am On Apr 25, 2017
rockcitie:
Lagos State Govt beware! Touch not the anointed.

Shut up!

1 Like

Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by abhosts(m): 11:22am On Apr 25, 2017
Lagos State Government can say anything when someone is a "Target". I remember when they accused one estate in Lekki of not having any approved Planning. It turned out to be a lie and the estate was unsealed after some protests.

1 Like

Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Franzinni: 11:22am On Apr 25, 2017
God knows best
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by naptu2: 11:24am On Apr 25, 2017
That explains it.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by naptu2: 11:26am On Apr 25, 2017
They demolished the church building and started constructing an even bigger building early last year.

My only question is, why did it take so long? They've been working on that site since last year.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Goke7: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2017
naptu2:
They demolished the church building and started constructing an even bigger building early last year.

My only question is, why did it take so long? They've been working on that site since last year.

you know how this things be nah, dem go settle.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Gpcseeds: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2017
salusworth:
But they were looking when the construction started. Why didn't they forcefully stop the work while it was ongoing. Now they can forcefully seal.
Afam4eva:

Most of them do actually, it's just that they seem too powerful.

My anger is, Nigerian laws, especially in lagos are there to generate revenue. Were they on leave when d constructn started? Where were they while work was in progress?
Have u ever seen a lastma official trying to correct a driver who is 'ABOUT' to take wrong way when there is nothing to notify him/her. We still have a long way to go.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by jrusky(m): 11:37am On Apr 25, 2017
rockcitie:

Pls stop quotng this verse I beg you what bible was saying is different from is happening in Nigeria so oplease we are not in Elijah time and none of these so called pastor can stand Elijah or Elsha or Moses of the bible so its of no equal and that verse in the bible is referring to people serving God whole heartedly with no short cut or wealth maniac or adultery or wickedness or ignorant of the law so pls if you don't have better thing to say move to next topic and bin that your don't touch my anointed because I don't know who told you he or they are annoited by God. ok
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Interesting15: 11:40am On Apr 25, 2017
Afam4eva:
This is a step in the right direction. Religious bodies should not be seen violating existing laws. But i hope Lagos state will extend this to other big churches.

And mosques too?
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Afam4eva(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2017
Interesting15:

And mosques too?
All of the above.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Sketchandcraft(m): 11:48am On Apr 25, 2017
this na church or club house
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by AlNur: 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
They should leave my church and pastor alone!
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by mapet: 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
Gpcseeds:

quote author=Afam4eva
:

Even if those big churches do nothing wrong, abi?

....after you just read what they did wrong....
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by mapet: 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
abhosts:
Lagos State Government can say anything when someone is a "Target". I remember when they accused one estate in Lekki of not having any approved Planning. It turned out to be a lie and the estate was unsealed after some protests.

What estate?
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by mapet: 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
jerseyboy:
Tony Rapu is a good man.

....that did something not good in the eyes of the law
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by mapet: 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
naptu2:

Bros,

1. Unfortunately, sentiments has little place in the face of the law.
2. The question should also be asked of TPH, with all the number of lawyers & Civil servants in the church, they built a first and started a second building without building permit?
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by mapet: 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
Gpcseeds:

My anger is, Nigerian laws, especially in lagos are there to generate revenue. Were they on leave when d constructn started? Where were they while work was in progress?
Have u ever seen a lastma official trying to correct a driver who is 'ABOUT' to take wrong way when there is nothing to notify him/her. We still have a long way to go.

....but the bigger question is that is the church filled with ignorant people not to have known that a permit is a prerequisite to erecting a building
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by mapet: 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
Interesting15:

Afam4eva: :

And mosques too?

Fashola (a muslim) pulled down the mosque inside state secretariat Alausa. Let's not get overtly sentimental and attach religious connotations to things
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by dealslip(f): 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
This same church rehabilitated the whole length of Freedom way last year, and a recommendation letter was sent by Ambode himself which was read to everyone one in church, the same church has been feeding the village Itedo village in Ikate for years, this church has a free school, where students are sponsored to higher institution free, many are graduates now, it has a rehabilitation home and hospital in Itedo village just on that same Freedom way, this same road is named after the church's mother body. Now where was Lagos Govt in all of this. Thissame church is behind God bless Nigeria which has been rehabilitating destitute and drug addicts for years with many of the rehabilitated now and well placed in the society now. We witnessed the marriage of many of them. Why do we frustrate people who try to make life meaningful in this country. The church has been having a running battle with the Elegushi family for years now as regards what to name freedom way. TPH won because they have been a great influence and Elegushi has been threatening fire and brimstone since then. I am not surprised.

3 Likes

Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Nigeriadondie: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
venai:
Hmmm... Whatever... building under high tension wires is a no no please. It is time we learned the danger of living, doing business and worshiping in any building under the high tension wires. Just picture what it would look like when a high tension wire falls on the roof of a church and starts the blue flame. Some worshipers may think that the holy fire and spirit has been sent down. And people would start falling under the anointing of electric choke. At last, atheists would ask; "where is God" and we would shout; "na the Devil" like say na the devil build the church under high tension wire.
Na so. Devil don suffer.
1.If u catch thief him go say na Devil, person go chew ashawo kpekus carry disease join him go say na devil,
2. person wey play comot baby from abortion come marry no fit born go say Devil block him womb
3. Person travel with tyre inflated above the maximum pressure specified by manufacturer had tyre bust while travel motor somersault na Devil thru village witches and wizarf
4.person de govt house thief money EFCC catch him go say na Devil,
5 person no get work due to bad economy,closing of compnies,bad govt go say na Devil.
Devil don suffer for naija ooooo lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Handsomecole(m): 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
Good I'm a Christian but I'm in total support of this, they should also go ahead and shut down all these mushroom churches sprouting in almost every corner of the city , not forgetting those that converted shops to churches. Mosques also that disturb that sweet early morning 5am sleep with their call to payers should also be sanctioned.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Spark01(m): 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
rockcitie:

Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by naptu2: 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
mapet:

Bros,

1. Unfortunately, sentiments has little place in the face of the law.
2. The question should also be asked of TPH, with all the number of lawyers & Civil servants in the church, they built a first and started a second building without building permit?

There's absolutely no sentiments in my post.

In my first line I was making it clear that the church demolished its earlier structure and started building a much bigger structure last year (presumably without the required building permit).

My second paragraph refers to my belief that the government should have stopped work on the site since last year. Anything could have happened on the site between then and now.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Owiii(m): 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
TriumphJohnson:
Lagos State Government seals off Tony Rapu’s church

The Lagos State Government has allegedly approved the sealing of a Lekki-based Church, christened ‘The Dome’ in Lekki Phase 1, for violating building regulations.

The church which is headed by popular pastor, Dr. Tony Rapu.

According to a statement by the Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Anifowoshe Abiola, the owners of the church contravened the Lagos State Regional and Urban Planning Law 2010 by building without title documents and necessary building permits. .

The commissioner stated that the church had no Planning permit to construct the building adding that the fence of the church fence was in the right of way of Freedom Road (which is currently under construction) and also directly under the high-tension wires.

SOURCE: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/04/lagos-state-government-seals-off-tony.html

But they don't demolish all these shrines that are littered around major street and an eyesore to the community. Just because of the mercies of God, they feel they can demolish a church building. Have you ever heard that a shrine was demolished by the government. No

1 Like

Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by misterh(m): 1:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
Owiii:

But they don't demolish all these shrines that are littered around major street and an eyesore to the community. Just because of the mercies of God, they feel they can demolish a church building. Have you ever heard that a shrine was demolished by the government. No
Well, have any of those shrines violated any law in Lagos state?
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by divineappo(m): 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
Afam4eva:
why do u take delight in the negative situations of others. they violated, I agreed. but u sounding like someone who have a strong hatred for churches generally.

1 Like

Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Gpcseeds: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
mapet:

....after you just read what they did wrong....

Which big church do u think the hungry revenue collectors wouldn't have brought down(b4 now) if they (had). erred?
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Gpcseeds: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
Owiii:

who born dem fada to demolish shrine, (except if its human ritualist.) go to Isolo, its in d middle of d rd, even when they wantd to work on d rd, they spent extra money to move it, after which d thing was restored.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Gpcseeds: 2:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
mapet:

....but the bigger question is that is the church filled with ignorant people not to have known that a permit is a prerequisite to erecting a building

Look, i'm not justifying d wrong of the church, they probably have their faults too, in this matter. But let dis so called govt officials do d right thin at d right time. You will see that at d long run d church wil remain there, d pple who stopped it wil collect money n approve it cos thats their motive.

We c it happening everyday, they dont stop work at foundation, rather almost finished buiding wil be cancelled only for dem to b 'settled' and matter die down.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims / Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" / Rich Churches, Poor Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.