Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government (30655 Views)

New Photos Of Lizzy, The Drug Junkie Transformed By Pastor Tony Rapu / Lizzy, Transformed By Pastor Tony Rapu: Before And After Photos / Tony Rapu Reacts To Busola Dakolo's Rape Allegation Against Pastor Fatoyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by nurusystem(m): 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
if the building fall dey will say is the fault of building engineers or TB joshua
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Owiii(m): 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
misterh:
Well, have any of those shrines violated any law in Lagos state?
Yes they have.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by OlanUp(m): 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2017
If it is a directive in the right direction good and let it continue until the wrongs were right. Fortunately I did not hear of any those common threats like 'We will make Lagos State ungovernable because this is with hunting of our religion' at least they are civil and tolerant about it .... wondering...
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Wolfbrother(m): 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
rockcitie:
Lagos State Govt beware! Touch not the anointed.

look at this one undecided undecided
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Wolfbrother(m): 2:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
dealslip:
This same church rehabilitated the whole length of Freedom way last year, and a recommendation letter was sent by Ambode himself which was read to everyone one in church, the same church has been feeding the village Itedo village in Ikate for years, this church has a free school, where students are sponsored to higher institution free, many are graduates now, it has a rehabilitation home and hospital in Itedo village just on that same Freedom way, this same road is named after the church's mother body. Now where was Lagos Govt in all of this. Thissame church is behind God bless Nigeria which has been rehabilitating destitute and drug addicts for years with many of the rehabilitated now and well placed in the society now. We witnessed the marriage of many of them. Why do we frustrate people who try to make life meaningful in this country. The church has been having a running battle with the Elegushi family for years now as regards what to name freedom way. TPH won because they have been a great influence and Elegushi has been threatening fire and brimstone since then. I am not surprised.

So they should disobey the law?
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by mapet: 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
Gpcseeds:

Look, i'm not justifying d wrong of the church, they probably have their faults too, in this matter. But let dis so called govt officials do d right thin at d right time. You will see that at d long run d church wil remain there, d pple who stopped it wil collect money n approve it cos thats their motive.

We c it happening everyday, they dont stop work at foundation, rather almost finished buiding wil be cancelled only for dem to b 'settled' and matter die down.

...so that makes me ask, what is the objective of your drift? to exonerate the church or chide the govt? because to me the church should not have been caught in this situation, while there is no law that stipulated when govt should place a stop work order. Besides in this context, it became an issue when the state govt found out the fence of the church encroached on an about to be constructed road, among the offenses.

What I have observed is, many of us take the risky route of commencing a project, while processing or not having processed permits. We patronise govt workers who line their own pockets, yet we erroneously interpret these ones to represent govt as an institution. The truth is that we are all responsible to make govt as an institution to work and it begins with doing the right things, rather than lay excuse on the other.......
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by mapet: 3:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
Gpcseeds:

Which big church do u think the hungry revenue collectors wouldn't have brought down(b4 now) if they (had). erred?

I am tempted to believe you do not understand the situation on ground.....as simple as it is? Is this about big or small church?
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by mapet: 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
naptu2:

There's absolutely no sentiments in my post.

In my first line I was making it clear that the church demolished its earlier structure and started building a much bigger structure last year (presumably without the required building permit).

My second paragraph refers to my belief that the government should have stopped work on the site since last year. Anything could have happened on the site between then and now.

Let's take the second.... Last year, this year what difference does it make in the context of building without permit. The sentiments I referred to in your pose is this. The law will not consider the amount you spent or that someone should have stopped you earlier. There have been cases when someone built on land only to discovered the land is in dispute. The courts awarded such cases to the land owner with valid title, regardless of the time the case was brought to court or a consideration that the case should have been raise earlier.

In this case of TPH, from the perspective of law (Regulator and Law) there is contextually no difference between now and the past when they should have obtained permit
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by misterh(m): 3:42pm On Apr 25, 2017
Owiii:

Yes they have.
Then, report the erring shrines to the appropriate agency.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by cuteboy2: 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
Every intrusion or hindrance to the expansion of Freedom Way, Lekki Phase 1 which leads to Tinubu's newest property crown jewel, Orange Island must give way.

https://www.nairaland.com/3760447/bola-tinubus-mindless-acquisition-properties
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by naptu2: 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
mapet:

Let's take the second.... Last year, this year what difference does it make in the context of building without permit. The sentiments I referred to in your pose is this. The law will not consider the amount you spent or that someone should have stopped you earlier. There have been cases when someone built on land only to discovered the land is in dispute. The courts awarded such cases to the land owner with valid title, regardless of the time the case was brought to court or a consideration that the case should have been raise earlier.

In this case of TPH, from the perspective of law (Regulator and Law) there is contextually no difference between now and the past when they should have obtained permit

You still don't understand what I was referring to. I'm not referring to whether they have a legal right to that building or to what the courts would say. I'm referring to the fact that they put up a structure without the required building permits and that they have been building on that site since the middle of last year.

So how do we know if the structure is sound? Who has inspected it? Who certified that it's safe to build that structure there? What if we had a repeat of the Lekki Gardens or Synagogue episode between then and now?
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by achieverme(m): 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
okoliexpress:
they should not just try it..... before i kill somebody... my pastor Rapu.... Oga Commissioner mind yaself.

Your Rapu broke the law. That fact alone should make you feel ashamed
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by sshalom(m): 5:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
Pastor Tony Rapu is a respected and highly cerebral man of God. I am sure he will not deliberately flout the Laws of Lagos State on building regulations.

The Church in Nigeria must continue to champion all that is GOOD, ACCEPTABLE and PERFECT will of God in all circumstances.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Gpcseeds: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
mapet:

I am tempted to believe you do not understand the situation on ground.....as simple as it is? Is this about big or small church?

It is u who has isolated my response to what Afam sd. Go back n check.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Reference(m): 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
Under high voltage conductors ?. Hmmm pastor, that is God Almighty at work through government oh.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by westchase007: 8:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
The church did not build under high tension line, its very easy to verify some of these claims

Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by westchase007: 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
When the government was silent for decades, the local government passive at best on community issues, poverty, crime and drugs, This Present house (The Dome) and Freedom Foundation, under the leadership of Dr Tony Rapu engaged the community, provided welfare, counselling, rehabilitation programmes, and other initiatives to help the people in the community, taking on some of the government's fiduciary duties to the people (which they are quick to remind us of during elections).

Rather than being encouraged by the government, a campaign is being waged which is entirely political, wrapped in greed and shrouded in self interest. The government's new campaign is to grab land at will. Makoko and Otodo Gbame are examples of government's destructive influence. Now they want to add Itedo to that as well as a church that has influenced and is influencing the Lekki community on all ends of the spectrum.

The campaign is being spearheaded by Yetunde Onabule who serves as a special adviser to the Governor. Her desperation comes from a plan to develop the "Lekki" Banana Island, called Orange Island (which they are currently sand filling) and provide access to Admiralty road. However, because the church stands in between, it has created a challenge. Rather than creatively think of a solution, they do what they do best, BULLDOZE their way through.

1 Like

Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by BetaThings: 11:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
Interesting15:

And mosques too?

We know that Churches cause more problems in Nigeria than mosques
Did you read about it when Fashola demolished mosques

But we have people saying that the Pastor will call Osinbajo or
Touch not my anointed

Can the law ever be applied to Christians or pastors in Nigeria?
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by dealslip(f): 5:51am On Apr 26, 2017
Wolfbrother:

So they should disobey the law?
Did they disobey the law. Lagos State has started claiming land for their pet project Orange Island just like Banana Island but the church is sitting on a juicy plot of land which is obstructing their dream Island mind you the church brought the land over 25years back. Just last week, they went destroying properties at Otodo game, MTN village just behind the church.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Interesting15: 7:20am On Apr 26, 2017
BetaThings:

We know that Churches cause more problems in Nigeria than mosques
Did you read about it when Fashola demolished mosques

But we have people saying that the Pastor will call Osinbajo or
Touch not my anointed

Can the law ever be applied to Christians or pastors in Nigeria?
Churches cause more problems in Nigeria than mosques?

How?

Please explain?
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by mapet: 7:27am On Apr 26, 2017
naptu2:

You still don't understand what I was referring to. I'm not referring to whether they have a legal right to that building or to what the courts would say. I'm referring to the fact that they put up a structure without the required building permits and that they have been building on that site since the middle of last year.

So how do we know if the structure is sound? Who has inspected it? Who certified that it's safe to build that structure there? What if we had a repeat of the Lekki Gardens or Synagogue episode between then and now?

Good perspective......
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by mapet: 7:30am On Apr 26, 2017
sshalom:
Pastor Tony Rapu is a respected and highly cerebral man of God. I am sure he will not deliberately flout the Laws of Lagos State on building regulations.

The Church in Nigeria must continue to champion all that is GOOD, ACCEPTABLE and PERFECT will of God in all circumstances.

My tots exactly.... I am waiting for a credible defense by the church
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by mapet: 7:32am On Apr 26, 2017
westchase007:
When the government was silent for decades, the local government passive at best on community issues, poverty, crime and drugs, This Present house (The Dome) and Freedom Foundation, under the leadership of Dr Tony Rapu engaged the community, provided welfare, counselling, rehabilitation programmes, and other initiatives to help the people in the community, taking on some of the government's fiduciary duties to the people (which they are quick to remind us of during elections).

Rather than being encouraged by the government, a campaign is being waged which is entirely political, wrapped in greed and shrouded in self interest. The government's new campaign is to grab land at will. Makoko and Otodo Gbame are examples of government's destructive influence. Now they want to add Itedo to that as well as a church that has influenced and is influencing the Lekki community on all ends of the spectrum.

The campaign is being spearheaded by Yetunde Onabule who serves as a special adviser to the Governor. Her desperation comes from a plan to develop the "Lekki" Banana Island, called Orange Island (which they are currently sand filling) and provide access to Admiralty road. However, because the church stands in between, it has created a challenge. Rather than creatively think of a solution, they do what they do best, BULLDOZE their way through.

The worst thing to do is to justify a wrong doing with excuse that is out of the context. Is the supposed good deed done by the church a justification to disregard and disobey the law?
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by Aadeyinka(m): 7:37am On Apr 26, 2017
jibbish:
Money don waste
business collapsed
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by okoliexpress: 9:21am On Apr 26, 2017
are you sick? what law did he break? pls say what you know...
achieverme:

Your Rapu broke the law. That fact alone should make you feel ashamed
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by achieverme(m): 10:33am On Apr 26, 2017
okoliexpress:
are you sick? what law did he break? pls say what you know...

So you want to see a sick person? When you are alone onthe room, look into the mirror and whoever you see is the sick person you seek. Your Rapu raped 30 women and you are here talking shiit
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by okoliexpress: 10:40am On Apr 26, 2017
what kind of a human being are you? you sound very disturbed and bitter..... i promise to put you in prayers
achieverme:

So you want to see a sick person? When you are alone onthe room, look into the mirror and whoever you see is the sick person you seek. Your Rapu raped 30 women and you are here talking shiit
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by achieverme(m): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2017
okoliexpress:
what kind of a human being are you? you sound very disturbed and bitter..... i promise to put you in prayers

Believe me, you need prayer more than me. Your sense and destiny seem to have been covered up by Rapu. That's why you have lost reasoning.
Re: Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government by salesforce: 10:45am On May 01, 2017
Churches ...profit org

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims / Stephanie Otobo Finally Confesses To Lying Against Apostle Johnson Suleman / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.