Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees (36384 Views)

Sule Lamido Rejects Bail Condition (See The Bail Conditions) / Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Rejects Bail Condition> Vanguard / BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by NaijaFutbol: 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has rejected the bail granted to him on Tuesday.

A source close to him told DAILY POST exclusively that Kanu had vowed to remain in Kuje prisons with his co-accused persons.

The Biafra agitator was granted bail on health grounds by Justice Binta Nyako. ‎However, bail was refused his co-accused persons – Mazi Chidiebere Onwudiwe, Mazi Benjamin Madubugwu and David Nwawuisi.

According to the top source, who put a call across to DAILY POST, ‎”I just finished speaking with Kanu. He has vowed to remain at Kuje prisons pending when his co-accused persons are granted bail.

“He made it clear that these other three persons were arrested because of him (Nnamdi) and as such he can’t abandon them there.

“Nnamdi Kanu has, therefore, made it clear that he is ready to stay and die at Kuje Prisons.”

Meanwhile, IPOB has reacted to the bail conditions, describing them as childish.

In a statement by the Media and Publicity Secretary of the group, Comrade Emma Powerful, he said the bail conditions were designed by politicians.

The statement reads:‎ “The indigenous people of Biafra, IPOB and it’s leadership worldwide commend those who put pressure on Nigerian Government and her judiciary to release our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, who has been in detention illegally since October 2015.

“The bail conditions which are most probably designed by politicians who are afraid of our leader’s popularity is too inhuman, childish and stringent.

“The oppressors are afraid of leader’s popularity and they hope to cage him through this funny bail condition, we are not excited, we demand the release of our members detained alongside him.

“It is unacceptable to the entire members of IPOB worldwide that the presiding judge Hon. Justice Binta Nyako attached condition towards the release of our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

“The Federal Government and their judiciary through justice Binta Nyako banned Mazi Nnamdi Kanu not to grant press interview, not to sit with more than 10 people or have any gathering.

“However, granting conditional release to our is unacceptable to us because he committed any crime against humanity or Nigerian state, we wondered why Binta Nyako would prefer to attach conditional release him.

“Again, justice Binta Nyako refused to grant Mazi Chidiebere Onwudiwe, Mazi Benjamin Madubugwu and David Nwawuisi bail who has been detained with our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu since almost two years.

“We also thank the civilise Nations in United Nations, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, American Government, Israeli Government, Russian Government, European Union and others who prevail upon the Nigerian Government and her judiciary to grant our leader bail.

“We also want them to pressure on Nigerian Government and her judiciary to release other three members who are still in Kuje prison Abuja.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/25/breaking-nnamdi-kanu-rejects-bail-vows-die-co-detainees/?utm_source=nnd&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nnd

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by EmekaBlue(m): 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
hmm
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by capatainrambo: 3:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
na so
e get sense

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by SweetLove0(f): 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
source

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by Nwodosis(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
Aside that, he should even reject the bail conditions!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by pchukwudi: 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
Way to go. Was expecting that.

31 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by Khd95(m): 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
This govt is sickcry

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by ozoebuka1(m): 3:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
[quote author=NaijaFutbol post=55905041]Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Says his co-accused should be granted bail too

Details Shortly[/quo
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by Noneroone(m): 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
He should reject the bail conditions

22 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by VirginFinder: 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
True. He shouldnt abandon his relatively unknown comrades at this point in time. That'll destroy IPoB!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by GavelSlam: 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
Seems he has a gay partner in Kuje.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by 9jabull: 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
The woman they craze how can he give only Nnamdi KANU bail & forget to give others those it mean that the said offence of KANU is lesser than the remaining three guys, but they said KANU is the principal suspect.

That woman certificate be like say na Toronto if not he should grant all bail.

15 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by morscino: 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
illiteracy is when u think bail is synonymous to acquittance...he was granted bail on health conditions,if his comrades do not require urgent medical attention,like him,i doubt if they would be granted bail.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by DoNotGiveUp: 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2017
I think he's being loyal and trying not to leave his comrades behind.

I recently lost my job and have been feeling depressed because I am no longer able to cater for my parents and siblings. I have been searching and applying for a new job but yet to get one.

To survive during this hard times;

Please, I humbly beg you to let me handle your laundry. Trust me, I am very good with washing and ironing clothes because my colleagues usually ask which dry cleaner does my laundry.

If you have a business or need someone to help you deliver your goods, please you could also send me to pick up and deliver any parcel within Lagos.

NB: I had to create a new account so I can be anonymous and not feel ashamed to do this. Before you transact with me, I am willing to tender a valid national ID.

Please help me.
081-5832-6069

92 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by sotall(m): 5:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
ok
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by thesicilian: 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
They should have just extended the same bail conditions to all three of them

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by AntiIPOOP(m): 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
The other surety must be a highly respected Jewish leader since Kanu said his religion was Judaism, while the third person must be a highly respected person who owns landed property and is resident in Abuja.
The judge maintained that the only reason she admitted Kanu to bail was because of his ill health.

i just pity those basstards jubilating grin. Thats the only option for him, to remain there for now, how can he convince any serving senator in Nigeria now to stand as surety for him and deposit his 100 million naira for an unpredictable and disrespectful character like nnamdi? How does he hope to get a Jewish leader to surety him and from where? And finally how can he possibly live in the society without being able to express opinion or interact with people? And some idiots are already singing victory songs, well, wetin concern me, we warned him but he refused to listen, playing to the gallery,now let those riffraffs come and contribute 300 million.

Wetin concern me sef, let the terrorist rot in jail, I don't give a flying fück.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by victorvezx(m): 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hahahah, instead make him admit say him no fit meet those expensive bail condition, him they use style dey form brotherhood. I thought his lawyers said he was sick and needed bail for immediate treatment, him staying in jail because of other idiots will make it seem as he was lying to the Judge all this while.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by Ikeg: 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2017
victorvezx:
Hahahah, instead make him admit say him no fit meet those expensive bail condition, him they use style dey form brotherhood. I thought his lawyers said he was sick and needed bail for immediate treatment, him staying in jail because of other idiots will make it seem as he was lying to the Judge all this while.

Incase you forgot. He's not Afonja. Igbos don't betray eachother like you Afonjas that even took money from Hausa/Fulani after they murdered your Abiola. Because Treachery is in your blood does not mean it is in the blood of everybody else.
Some people have integrity. Something you demons lack!

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by AntiIPOOP(m): 6:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ikeg:

There's an ongoing petition by Nnamdi Kanu to ICC as well as African Union that the Nigerian government is tampering with his Human right. Both petition is focused on his bail. Both of which has been taken up ever since Amnesty International report on your government.
Your idiiotic government LITERALLY just gave him a second evidence to support his claim. Yet your idiotic ass think it is a fall for "those jubilating." How fucking dumb are you? Like seriously, how dumb are you?
Goodluck with that

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by ElsonMorali: 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
Whatever! undecided

The chap should get over himself.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by victorvezx(m): 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ikeg:

Incase you forgot. He's not Afonja. Igbos don't betray eachother like you Afonjas that even took money from Hausa/Fulani after they murdered your Abiola. Because Treachery is in your blood does not mean it is in the blood of everybody else.
Some people have integrity. Something you demons lack!
Hahaha, the judge said as part of his bail condition, he won't be allowed to file an appeal to even challenge the bail condition. That means Kanu has 2 choices, either meet his bail condition and enjoy his bail or remain in prison, because the Judge will never answer any appeal on the bail of his other friends. Let's see if he really cares for them and is brave. Hahahaha. And remember, he wanted bail because his lawyers told the Judge that Kanu is sick and needs better treatment than what the prison are giving him, if he decide to show mumu bravery and stay with his other friends in jail, the Judge may read it that he has being lying all this while and his not truly sick

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by Ucheironbrand: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
Correct guy. E no sey im noise go fade if e come out so e wan still dey prison dey form mandela.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by otokx(m): 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nice chess move.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by Ikeg: 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
AntiIPOOP:

Goodluck with that

I can tell you obviously have no education whatsoever.
The typical ediots that APC hires to make a complete fool of themselves on Social media.
Why the Bleep you think your illiterate government is up and arms trying to rubbish Amnesty International report likewise, finally make the mockery of themselves by setting up a review about IPOB killings in which they declined to do before until AI report came out ediot.

Your government gave them ammunition and they yet again, gave them another ammunition.

1.) Giving a bail that has to depend on others in regards to person, especially considering it is an illogical task consist as UNCONSTITUTIONAL which is yet again a damper in his human right like he accused your government. In addition, denying his coaccuser, who they say committed the same "crime" as him, bail is another act they can use against your government.
IT would have been better for the government to have denied his bail again as oppose to giving him another ammunition against you!!

Go to school, una no gree.
Make a complete buf00n of yourself on social media for pennies as BMC that's what una gree.
A grown man with brain less than that of an infant. I pity whoever the heck that calls you their family. You are a joke

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees by DrUche3(m): 6:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hmmmmmmh... I perceive something but won't say anything first.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha Commissions Solar Power Project In Imo State - Photos / Police Seal-Off Baraje PDP Faction’s Secretariat / Munich Shooting: Buhari Offers To Help Germany Fight Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.