Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision (52417 Views)

Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo) / Woman Exposes Her Husband Who Got Married To Another Woman Last Week / Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BuariCopyPaste: 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2017
Dear members...i am of the type that says NO to bringing marital shortcomings to the social media but I just realized why others do so.
I formerly got married on Tuesday 18th April but we are already headed for a bitter divorce.

To cut the story short, the whole issue started at the ground of our traditional marriage(Igba Nkwu).
On arriving her dad's compound, I was stunned to realize her mother didn't make the provisions of which I paid her for.
The DJ wasn't on ground, the canopies were just 3 and looking dirty, the chairs were not up to half of what i paid for. There was no light, no microphone, no decorations, the few food cooked were not served to guest and I was devastated.
Out of anger and dissappointment, I started lashing out at my wife and she broke down in tears begging me for forgiveness.
We managed to forge ahead till the the ceremony ended and we headed for my house.
As our tradition demands, the newly married bride sees off her Aso ebis and return in the evening same day to welcome visitors. But alas, my wife went and never came back till Friday evening.

I queried her on her whereabout only for her reply in a harsh manner saying "where do you expect me to be", don't make me angry"
God!! I couldn't believe it as it made me more mad in anger so I asked her to return to wherever she's coming from and leave our son behind(yes we already a year and 10 months old son). I actually made this decision to save face else how do I clarify the absence of my wife and son to visitors and well-wishers trooping in to see them?
She hurriedly dashed into the room and picked her phone and stormed out of the house. Now her mother is accussing me of taking her daughter's son from her and stripping her of her belongings.

Now my wife is saying she's no longer interested in the marriage likewise her people(her father is late). I am still fuming with anger that I am at loss of what to do. I am not prepared to raise my son alone neither do I want him to be raised by her mother alone.

Should I initiate a peace move and apologize to her or should I move on with life.....I am seriously confused and fuming with anger that I was shortchanged and offended and still expected to offer apologies.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BuariCopyPaste: 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
Lalasticlala ........ Please I need wider view so as to gather ideas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BuariCopyPaste: 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
Anyone else that knows the mods here should kindly tag them for me please

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by daveP(m): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
I wish to measure your stu..... but I won't. Nairaland will find an answer. But how early did you meet her peeps? Why didn't you oversee some of these stuff? Besides seems this is pov ment! Cos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
Calm down first.

Don't take any decisions while you are still 'fuming with anger'.

You will know what to do when you calm down.

296 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by mohaMADbuari: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nawao.... I feel your pain OP....

Some in-laws are just wicked

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BuariCopyPaste: 7:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
daveP:
I wish to measure your stu..... but I won't. Nairaland will find an answer. But how early did you meet her peeps? Why didn't you oversee some of these stuff? Besides seems this is pov ment! Cos

I settled them months before the actual date.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by mohaMADbuari: 7:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
RoyalRoy you are wanted here
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by daveP(m): 7:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

I settled them months before the actual date.
and you didn't read any signs and body languages or you ignored them? Cos that's a bad way to treat a hubby to be.

15 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BuariCopyPaste: 7:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
daveP:
and you didn't read any signs and body languages or you ignored them? Cos that's a bad way to treat a hubby to be.

No sings really....We have actually lived for two years before officially getting married

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
If your story is complete and true then your wife is entirely to blame. Although, I think fuming at her to save face was unnecessary and poorly managed. You know women are proud beings and hate being attacked even when they are wrong.

But, you can't risk loosing your marriage for the sake of pride and "saving face". Infact, if your marriage breaks down after just one week together, you'll have no face at all how much more one to save. You have to loosen up, swallow your high standards, and play the fool for the sake of your marriage before things get out of hand. Apologise to her and her family telling them, the stress of the whole event got to you and you're sorry you managed the situation poorly. Do this in the interest of peace and forget about rightness or wrong. After all, it's your marriage to keep, not theirs' or anyone else's.

Edited: And once she's back to your house sit her down and talk sense into her while being as diplomatic as possible- keeping your cool. Lay the rules and deal with her family with a long spoon. I believe your wife may not be a bad Person, only she was manipulated by her family.

227 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by waywardpikin: 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
The first thing I can deduce from this story (if true) is that you married from a very wrong family. There are many families like this in obodo lagos, where there is an absence of a strong & rational male figure as the head of the home (yeah I know, he's late). Families like this have little or no regard for marriage, which explains the reason why the mum is solidly behind her. This explains why the arrangements for your traditional marriage were so shoddy. The money probably went into more important things like Aso ebi, ankara, jewelry and other n.gbati n.gbati. No be today something.

I have no advice for you; most likely you saw the signs but decided that 'true love conquers all.' Thus, I'd like to use your story as a good opportunity to advice people out there (men and women alike) to critically observe the family of the person you intend to marry before taking that crucial life-altering step. In most cases, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Xoxo,

Wayward Pikin.

218 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by greatnaija01: 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2017

CALL FOR A MEETING

STATE THE ISSUES AT HAND AND ENSURE YOUR SON'S WELL-BEING IS ALSO BROUGHT UP

DEMAND an APOLOGY/EXPLANATION FROM THE MOTHER N DAUGHTER respectively

FORGIVE THEM EVEN IF THEY DO NOT APOLOGIZE

GET A LAWYER AND START FILING FOR DIVORCE IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST BECAUSE MANY HIDDEN THINGS ARE EXISTING IN THESE ISSUES

TAKE YOUR SON WITH YOU AND DO NOT LOOK BACK, GOD IS ABLE TO PROVIDE SOMEONE WHO WILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU BOTH.

Bless you sir

BuariCopyPaste:
Dear members...i am of the type that says NO to bringing marital shortcomings to the social media but I just realized why others do so.
I formerly got married on Tuesday 18th April but we are already headed for a bitter divorce.

To cut the story short, the whole issue started at the ground of our traditional marriage(Igba Nkwu).
On arriving her dad's compound, I was stunned to realize her mother didn't make the provisions of which I paid her for.
The DJ wasn't on ground, the canopies were just 3 and looking dirty, the chairs were not up to half of what i paid for. There was no light, no microphone, no decorations, the few food cooked were not served to guest and I was devastated.
Out of anger and dissappointment, I started lashing out at my wife and she broke down in tears begging me for forgiveness.
We managed to forge ahead till the the ceremony ended and we headed for my house.
As our tradition demands, the newly married bride sees off her Aso ebis and return in the evening same day to welcome visitors. But alas, my wife went and never came back till Friday evening.

I queried her on her whereabout only for her reply in a harsh manner saying "where do you expect me to be", don't make me angry"
God!! I couldn't believe it as it made me more mad in anger so I asked her to return to wherever she's coming from and leave our son behind(yes we already a year and 10 months old son). I actually made this decision to save face else how do I clarify the absence of my wife and son to visitors and well-wishers trooping in to see them?
She hurriedly dashed into the room and picked her phone and stormed out of the house. Now her mother is accussing me of taking her daughter's son from her and stripping her of her belongings.

Now my wife is saying she's no longer interested in the marriage likewise her people(her father is late). I am still fuming with anger that I am at loss of what to do. I am not prepared to raise my son alone neither do I want him to be raised by her mother alone.

Should I initiate a peace move and apologize to her or should I move on with life.....I am seriously confused and fuming with anger that I was shortchanged and offended and still expected to offer apologies.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
What wud anyone expect from someone with ur kinda moniker. Shows how senseless u can b.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by ikp120(m): 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2017
Oga simply go to court and demand for your money back and dump her proud useless ass.

Contact your lawyer immediately and proceed on how to get your money back. angry angry angry

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Your problem is summed up in one word ANGER , bro , u are quick to it, you have to work on it before it completely consumes you;

On the other hand; if u wanna remain unmarried like us, (that see women as tools meant to be only forked ) please be my guest and take a front row...

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Henrypraise: 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
from ur statements d reasons u gave dat is leading to ur divorce is:

1. ur in-laws misappropriated ur marriage funds or swindled u

2. ur wife didn't show up after marriage as tradition demanded...

from reason 1... how was ur reaction wen u found out dat funds av not bin utilised? where u harsh in words?

from reason 2... did u ask her why she didn't show up as demanded by tradition? n wat was her response...

Bros even if u are right to des questions, remember u ar d man n d rudder to stir ur ship is in ur hands... I will advice u calm down n administer d silent treatment... its d dreaded weapon n it buys u time to calm down, strategies n conceal ur game plan....

besides dis is a woman hu bore u a son n probably u av co-habited for about 2 years peacefully n d events of abt a week is abt to tumble ur union? bro look beyond ur nose n stir d rudders of ur ship tru d storm n unto favourable waters.......

wish u luck

39 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BuariCopyPaste: 7:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
If your story is complete and true then you're wife is entirely to blame. Although, I think fuming at her to save face was unnecessary and poorly managed. You know women are proud beings are hate being attacked when they are wrong.

But, you can't risk loosing your marriage for the sake of pride and "saving face". Infact, your marriage breaks down after just one week together you'll have no face at all how much more one to save. You have to loosen up, swallow your high standards, and play the fool for the sake of your marriage before things get out of hand. Apologise to her and her family telling them, the stress of the whole event got to you and you're sorry you managed the situation poorly. Do this in the interest of peace and forget about rightness of wrong. After all, it's your marriage to
keep, not theirs or anyone else's.

That was awesomely put..... thanks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BuariCopyPaste: 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
PaulKillerman:

Your problem is summed up in one word ANGER , bro , u are quick to it, you have to work on it before it completely consumes you;

On the other hand; if u wanna remain unmarried like us, (that see women as tools meant to be only forked ) please be my guest and take a front row...

You may not be far from the truth on your first paragraph .....

But the second... lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
Get yourself prepared for a controlling mother inlaw. I seriously pity you!
My friend is in this same mess since 2014 because of her daughter.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by limamintruth: 8:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
My sincere advice is that you work on your temper @OP. From your story, it is obvious you are quick to anger, which is capable of destroying any marriage.

The first problem you raised was entirely the fault of your wife's family. So I wonder why you acted harshly towards your wife.

And with respect to the second issue, the manner in which you confront your spouse determines how she reacts or responds to you. You need to learn how to talk to her calmly with love; not harshly with so much bitterness or venom.

Once again, don't give up on your marriage please. Every marriage has its ups & downs. And no human is perfect. We only strive to be perfect. Peace!

38 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by sisisioge: 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
This one just weak me. What are your own people saying about the whole thing? Sometimes, marriage really do mess things, right? Weren't you living well as man, woman and child before? Whew! I think something isn't right about her family, you might need to have a mediator assist you with this. Nobody here will advise you to divorce your wife o.

However, if you really don't mind hearing one undiluted truth here though, that family you married into is wacky! A straight recipe for disaster sad .Brace yourself, it will happen eventually.

12 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BuariCopyPaste: 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
luxy44:
Get yourself prepared for a controlling mother inlaw. I seriously pity you!
My friend is in this same mess since 2014 because of her daughter.

I have always kept her at an arm length....

I just wonder how she managed to pull the string this time around.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by baby124: 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
Wow. See what poverty can do. Some parents don't even care about respect in the eyes of their children's spouse. So savage and a very hungry family. OP na wa o. I don't know what to say except to tell you to calm down for a few days. You are acting in anger. Your wife needs to also realize her mother can never give her good advice if she can swindle her own child and the husband out of their money. I don't know if I can ever respect my inlaws if they show that they are fraudsters and liars. What a shame o.

12 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BuariCopyPaste: 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
baby124:
Wow. See what poverty can do. Some parents don't even care about respect in the eyes of their children's spouse. So savage and a very hungry family. OP na wa o. I don't know what to say except to tell you to calm down for a few days. You are acting in anger. Your wife needs to also realize her mother can never give her good advice if she can swindle her own child and the husband out of their money. I don't know if I can ever respect my inlaws if they show that they are fraudsters and liars. What a shame o.

Could poverty really be the case??

I assist them financially in my own little way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by baby124: 10:00pm On Apr 25, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Could poverty really be the case??

I assist them financially in my own little way.
It's poverty mentality my brother. No vex. For the sake of your child just give it time. Like a week and I am sure they will reach out. Let your displeasure about how funds were misappropriated be known after you have resolved things with your wife. Say it in a respectful way. She must also support you too otherwise these people may perform another wonder in the near future. It's best you both put your foot down now and stop making them believe you have a lot of money.

I am sure your wife is ashamed sef.

11 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
OP, it seems she and her family weren't interested in the marriage from the get-go.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by HarveySpecter1: 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hj
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Healthwellness0(m): 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
Calm down,you can't think properly with all that negative energy.before u get a divorce ask yourself why u got married.sit your wife down and talk,strictly the both of you..You have taken a bold step,don't chicken out..cheers

4 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by dreamwords: 11:07pm On Apr 25, 2017
That lady is cheating on you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:28pm On Apr 25, 2017
OP, I think your anger is justified, but I suggest you make peace with your wives family, but start shining your eyes very well, your MIL could be one of those women that controls her daughters home.

Becareful too and try to find out if your wives father enjoyed his marriage while alive, that way you know what to expect.

4 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by baibrown(f): 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2017
Horrible woman to leave from Tuesday to Friday with no explanation. I'm sure you hurt her feelings very well but to leave for 3 nights you must not accept or you lose all power forever. Keep the child until she begs you to forgive her but don't forget to apologize first for hurting her on her wedding day.

22 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Married Men Sleep With Their House Helps / I Denied My Husband Sex Because Of Cigarette Odour - Wife Tells Court / Kenyan Man With 19 Wives Reveals What He Does To Keep Them Away From Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.