Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Choosing Your Valentine Outfit - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Choosing Your Valentine Outfit (3741 Views)

Ladies, Would You Rock This Outfit? / Toke Makinwa's Red Outfit To Dr Sid And Simi's Wedding / Omawumi's Outfit To "First Cut" Movie Premiere: Hit Or Miss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by adiona(f): 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2010
Valentine’s Day should be a special day for everyone. It does not matter if you don’t have a Valentine. Everyone can take the opportunity to use this day for a meaningful and symbolic act.

Now, at seasons like this, ladies tend to be confused about what to wear, but really you don’t need to buy anything new, you can just mix and match something from your closet and you’ll find that perfect outfit.

Second, make sure it’s flirty and feminine; there is nothing more enticing than a well put-together feminine outfit.

But before you choose an outfit, you must consider four things:

Where you are going, what you will be doing, the weather and lastly your comfort.

Considering these things is important because being improperly dressed is embarrassing. You do not want to show up to a nice candle-lit dinner in the wrong outfit, You want to make sure you are comfortable and confident with the outfit you choose, because it might be easy for your date to be able to tell that you are uncomfortable, especially when you make that “special face” when your shirt starts to feel as if you have on itching powder.

What you are wearing is one of the first things your date will notice, so I would advise you to make your outfit decisions wisely.

For your make up, the eyes, lips and cheek warrant the most attention.

A sexy red Corset gown with Silver Peep toe pumps and silver dangle earrings accompanied with a red clutch bag would make a nice combination for a valentine dinner.

If you’re just having a relaxing Valentine’s Day outing, opt for a fun, chic outfit that he’ll be all over. Incorporate feminine pieces such as a ruffled skirt, paired with a simple top and a pair of flats or wedges

If you’re going out for a night of intense dancing, think hot and exotic. Pair up your favorite jeans or skirt with a lightweight, right camisole that fits you perfectly. Don’t forget your favorite stilettos to top it off, If you’re feeling bold and sexy and trying to catch that special someone, show some skin in a tight, sexy one-shoulder dress that celebrities are often seen wearing on the red carpet.

If this is a movie date, I would suggest wearing a pair of sexy jeans paired with a satin, ruffled top. There is nothing more feminine and delicate than a satin top.

For men, dress semi-formal with a well fitted blazer but don’t over do it with a collared shirt and tie. Dressing in all dark colours is a hot look and will give you a mysterious allure. A monochromatic outfit also gives the illusion of being taller and thinner. Substituting black with charcoal grey is good alternative. Adding some accessories works well too, such as a metal watch or a simple belt with a silver buckle,
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2010
Who care about Valentine sef undecided
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by adiona(f): 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2010
ohhhh, to bad mi dear, if u dont care about valentine, lotz of peeps do, one love sista
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 7:48am On Jan 06, 2010
If I go on a date, I would wear my dream dress (I do not own it yet, I may have to commit murder to get it) "The Gold Bandage Dress).
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by jaybee3(m): 7:57am On Jan 06, 2010
^^
show us a pic of dis dress cool
snowed in and def not feeling d stress of getting to work
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 8:21am On Jan 06, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin u sef grin grin grin grin tongue let me go see if I can find it and upload. kiss

This style but I want the gold one with a zip in the front and back

Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 9:35am On Jan 06, 2010
A variation on the above

Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2010
eh eh eh, cost ££££

Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 9:38am On Jan 06, 2010
This is a fake, but I still love it, for a party or such, just hate the colour.

Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by jaybee3(m): 10:15am On Jan 06, 2010
any dress with zip both in front/back => easy access does it for me

love 'em. nice nice nice as long as u have the body to rock 'em
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 10:39am On Jan 06, 2010
angry angry angry angry angry

Well, I would not buy it if it would not suit me chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. tongue
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 10:41am On Jan 06, 2010
This the back view of the dress I want

Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by jaybee3(m): 10:45am On Jan 06, 2010
and my imaginations already running wild tongue tongue tongue
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2010
OK,put your tongue back in. I will show a pic with your DREAM GIRL wearing a version Last pic.

Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by jaybee3(m): 10:56am On Jan 06, 2010
u r totally of tangent on the dream girl guess. what abt a pic of the fully clothed black woman u used to have on ur profile? tongue tongue cool
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2010
Valentine? shocked shocked shocked shocked We have just barely recovered from the Christmas season abeg leave that one for now. angry angry angry grin grin grin grin
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2010
Oh an by the way the body has to be toned to death to fit into this if not slap on the spanx but what will you do if passion gets a hold of you and you and him start undressing and he reaches out for the spanx? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Oh an by the way the body has to be toned to death to fit into this if not slap on the spanx but what will you do if passion gets a hold of you and you and him start undressing and he reaches out for the spanx? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Thanks for that Ebonyeyes, as I have said before you give great advice.  kiss
Fortunately this dress fits like a girdle (tried it on for the fun of it) and this  bods not too bad kiss

PS I looked up that lipstick for you on ebay, would you belive it, it cost more than buying it from GREEN PEOPLE, well they did win some award or the other. undecided
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 06, 2010
What is wrong with you ladies??

We've only just got into 2010 and you are already thinking of the dress to wear for valentine??

Blimey!
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2010
madlady:

Thanks for that Ebonyeyes, as I have said before you give great advice.  kiss
Fortunately this dress fits like a girdle (tried it on for the fun of it) and this  bods not too bad kiss

PS I looked up that lipstick for you on ebay, would you belive it, it cost more than buying it from GREEN PEOPLE, well they did win some award or the other. undecided
Work it girl wink wink.

Ebay sometimes is not cheap. Thanks for checking that out for me kiss kiss
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by mohawkchic(f): 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2010
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 06, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

rotflmao grin grin

Hey honey . . how r u doing? Hope you had a wonderful holiday?
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by mohawkchic(f): 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

~Oh Lawdy!!
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2010
grin grin grin grin

Thank gawd at almost 5 foot ten it would take me being a 10 ton tess to need a spanks. Anyway most of the bandage dress are like girdles, you just got to make sure you do not buy a size too small or you will look like a sausage. grin grin grin
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by chika98: 8:28am On Jan 07, 2010
What about if you don't have anyone to give a gift to?

Now those dresses are nice but only on really toned flat stomach women. Seriously body shaper won't help in this case because the person will be busting out of the dress. Have you seen the look on Raven Simone's face at times? Chic looks like she needs to be let out of the dress. grin
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 07, 2010
Ujujoan:

rotflmao grin grin

Hey honey . . how r u doing? Hope you had a wonderful holiday?
Hey babes, long time no speak. Happy New year and hope you had a good holiday. My holiday was quiet and restful smiley

madlady:

grin grin grin grin

Thank gawd at almost 5 foot ten it would take me being a 10 ton tess to need a spanks. Anyway most of the bandage dress are like girdles, you just got to make sure you do not buy a size too small or you will look like a sausage. grin grin grin

Just make sure you only eat a lettuce leaf because any slight ummm overeating will give out that pouch effect grin grin grin Im sure you will look beautiful kiss

chika98:

What about if you don't have anyone to give a gift to?

Now those dresses are nice but only on really toned flat stomach women. Seriously body shaper won't help in this case because the person will be busting out of the dress. Have you seen the look on Raven Simone's face at times? Chic looks like she needs to be let out of the dress. grin

Babes even the toned celebs use spanx, its been the well kept secret for years grin. But average Lucy with a little more flesh on the bones who wears spanx has to spill out somewhere (so they have back boobs or sausage thighs) grin grin
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 10:23am On Jan 07, 2010
[quote author=Ebonyeyes link=topic=376252.msg5265558#msg5265558 date=1262854932

Just make sure you only eat a lettuce leaf because any slight ummm overeating will give out that pouch effect grin grin grin Im sure you will look beautiful kiss
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Babes, once again, you have hit the nail on the head,Lucky I have a thing about not eating before going out to a sp function,nerves I guess.

4real I do have a big art exhibition to attend, which is why I am considering buying a CLASSIC BANDAGE DRESS.

Alot more ppls could wear them  than most think, just got to choose the correct one for your body type, Look at  "B" even this delectable miss looks chunky in hers, it's too tight and too short for her, in my opinion of course.

Some banadage dresses look positively fab on a hour glass figure, others do not.
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by chika98: 10:36am On Jan 07, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Hey babes, long time no speak. Happy New year and hope you had a good holiday. My holiday was quiet and restful smiley

Babes even the toned celebs use spanx, its been the well kept secret for years grin. But average Lucy with a little more flesh on the bones who wears spanx has to spill out somewhere (so they have back bosoms or sausage thighs) grin grin

Ofcourse I know about Spanx but how many people can pull that bandage(choking) dress off? Very few folks. MadLady you had better have a re-think! lol grin
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 10:40am On Jan 07, 2010
chika98

Thank you for the advice grin grin grin

Tell me 4true who looks better in this, the normal body type or the thin body type?

Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by chika98: 10:42am On Jan 07, 2010
madlady:

chika98

Thank you for the advice grin grin grin

Tell me 4true who looks better in this, the normal body type or the thin body type?

I would say average body type with a little bit of stomach. U see Spanx can only do so much so if your stomach isn't all that flat then hmmmmmm grin
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by madlady(f): 10:48am On Jan 07, 2010
chika98:

I would say average body type with a little bit of stomach. U see Spanx can only do so much so if your stomach isn't all that flat then hmmmmmm grin

grin grin grin grin grin WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

To be honest I lost over 2 stones some time back, my problem part are my dogs, those things would not go, jamo speak, "belly and batty dem no fight each other" grin grin grin grin kiss

@Poster PLEASE PLEASE FORGIVE FOR RUNNING AMOK ON YOUR THREAD embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Choosing Your Valentine Outfit by chika98: 10:52am On Jan 07, 2010
madlady:

grin grin grin grin grin WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

To be honest I lost over 2 stones some time back, my problem part are my dogs, those things would not go, jamo speak, "belly and batty dem no fight each other" grin grin grin grin kiss

@Poster PLEASE PLEASE FORGIVE FOR RUNNING AMOK ON YOUR THREAD embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Better yet model the dress for us with your head cut off if you like. We will give you honest responses on it; that way you can have a proper think at it and then do what you want. lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest And Attractive Agbada Styles For Ladies 2020 / 5 Affordable but Cute African Hairstyles For This December. / Is This Fashion Or Madness??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.