Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? (13514 Views)

WAEC Introduced Attestation Of Results In 2015 Tweets / Meet Makinde Kayode Michael, 14-Year-Old Pupil & His Results In WASSCE & UTME / National Open University (NOUN) And The Menace Of Missing Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Arebiolu: 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
I have heard of cases when "about to graduate students" always complain of missing results which usually cost them more years after their supposed years( 4 to 5 as the case maybe).

A student from OOU complained to me on how two courses he had passed in year two were given to him as a carry-overs when he had finished his final exams. The tragedy is that he was ask to pay another year school fees 100k plus ( though he failed two courses too, but the school supposed to waive them.)

In Lagos state university, I think you hardly hear such a case because lecturers are to upload the students' results a month after the examination. The results are always online but not pasted on notice board like some universities do.

How long does your school release students' results?

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by psucc(m): 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
nkpo ufok

18 Likes

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by mayprince(m): 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by EKITI001: 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
Carelessness

2 Likes

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by AkProsper(m): 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
They believe in offline/paper mode of storage. No secure online storage.

meanwhile, check my signature

1 Like

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 26, 2017
I've got a payoneer card with U.S bank account for sale. Interested persons should p.m or mention me.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by verygudbadguy(m): 9:30am On Apr 26, 2017
Carelessness on the path of the some lecturer... Some lecturers take out the answer scripts of students in order to victimize them.

Some students deliberately hide their answer sheet. They find a way of not submitting after the exam. They write their names in the attendance sheet to make it appear like missing answer script. They believe a missing script issue can be resolved and may result into exam resit.

Solution: Higher institutions should embrace computer based examination rather than the manual method of the past.

8 Likes

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by bumi10(m): 9:31am On Apr 26, 2017
when u knows too much

thats the major cause
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Phonefanatic: 9:31am On Apr 26, 2017
We should go digital. This is the same reason government officials set buildings on fire just to destroy files and documents that aren't digitally stored.

1 Like

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by juliusocean(m): 9:31am On Apr 26, 2017
Laziness
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by femiranking28(m): 9:31am On Apr 26, 2017
When the school still uses the old method of paper paper paper.. Upload result online no need to stack so many papers around... When the teacher just wants egwonje money from you or has promised to fail you by all means
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by trendyupdates: 9:32am On Apr 26, 2017
This is a question we need to ask the authorities of the universities. At times I can't just figure what is really the cause. Only God will help those in charge of the results.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Chukwu94: 9:32am On Apr 26, 2017
My course adviser in uniben currently did a reverification of our results so as to avoid any case of missing result when we graduate. I think everyone should also do that.

Missing result is also sometimes caused by students not writing their complete information.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by LEOSIRSIR(m): 9:32am On Apr 26, 2017
psucc:
nkpo ufok
juliusocean:
Fghjkkdss
Phonefanatic:
Bb
verygudbadguy:
h
ft race

1 Like

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Launcher: 9:32am On Apr 26, 2017
I'm a student of OOU, and I don't believe other schools don't have reports of missing scripts too.

Most students would deliberately not submit their answer sheet when they didn't read so they can solicit for scores from lecturers when they make it look like the lecturers were careless when collating the scripts.

Lecturers may deliberately fail students but not hiding or throwing their scripts away......., I believe students are to be blamed.

3 Likes

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by femiranking28(m): 9:32am On Apr 26, 2017
Result go through so many hands before its approved by the school Senate and same many hands after its approved by the Senate.. Somebody might be careless along the line
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Mcowubaba: 9:32am On Apr 26, 2017
Back then, In my University if you have missing script or result..
My brother just go and rewrite the course. And accept the carryover.
It's a Goose chase trying to get the missing script.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Buhari2019: 9:33am On Apr 26, 2017
My 100-400 results were pasted on my department notice board and also uploaded online. What's missing script?

2 Likes

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by smartty68(m): 9:33am On Apr 26, 2017
Lecturers are to be held responsible for missing results... At times missing results isn't actually missing but they'll want you to pay and collect it...

Not sorting could also result to missing results...

Meh! In general, Nigerian lecturers are extremely corrupt because I don't see any reason why results should be missing! It makes no sense absolutely...
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by heisenbergheise(m): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2017
To me
Some lectures are not the once making their script
Give it to someone who knows nothing about d course to mark it.. ...

Some of those pple they give the script to mark ar very careless
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 26, 2017
One of the problem is that many students do not follow up their results. Most of them write exams and are afraid to check their grades in a course so when there's an issue they don't discover it on time.

Its wrong for you to write an exam and not see your results for whatever reasons. And if you don't get the score you feel you deserve, you have a right too to see your scripts. I did this a number of times in the university and most times, my scores were usually reviewed and upgraded. Students should know their rights and demand their due not in an aggressive manner but with decorum

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by hekkyboi: 9:34am On Apr 26, 2017
lecturers. I made it, fp tins
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by adioolayi(m): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2017
1. Students failure to submit script

2. Collation officer's negligence

3. Lecturer's negligence and sometimes intentional wickedness grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Ogashub(m): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2017
I have been a victim of this and let me state this:carelessness from the staff and management

A lecturer with kids at home would take students script home to mark and drop them carelessly cos the know if anything happens the management would wave it and defend them

Some lecturers deleibrately trow away scripts cos of laziness to mark and a way of punishing students who refuse to sleep with them or sort them...
My advice is all Nigerian schools should dive into writing cbt exams or they should provide proper cares and standing rules towards paper examinations

1 Like

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Udstar(m): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2017
Village People grin grin grin grin
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by femiranking28(m): 9:35am On Apr 26, 2017
Same thing happened when I was in school my department of 100+student they said all our results was missing in one particular course we all should carry over.. We no gree sha had to protest to the Senate and it was discovered that the Secretary to our hod lost it, thank God the lecture had another copy
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by MaziOmenuko: 9:35am On Apr 26, 2017
Ghosts.

They can come from your paternal home or maternal home. They don't attack the easy courses; always the hard ones and the higher the credit load, the more enticing for them.

Sometimes they just ignore you until your 2nd semester final year...gbaaammmm!!! they strike and one course is missing. Before you say jack-Robin-son...another script is missing. Then they start fanning themselves with the missing scripts and singing...

Soft work... its our workooo

7 Likes

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by olasmith10(m): 9:35am On Apr 26, 2017
The causes of missing results in our institutions could be multifactorial..but largely heaped on the door step of the lecturers..The lecturers in our institutions have overnight, turned themselves into 'thin gods' and at such, dispensing their responsibilities becomes an issue. Their highhandedness is second to non, they allow emotions override their action.during my undergraduate days, i failed a course in my 300l, i felt shocked..only for me to rewrite it in my 400l, and i was called to a panel for re-writing a course i had initially passed.. i was shocked and showed them the result slip of the previous year..they called the lecturer in charge and he admitted that it was an oversight..after making me go through the hurdles of having to write a course again. Then in my final year, another blow. i took the prospectus so as to crosscheck the courses from 100l to final year..lo and behold, i noticed my cardiovascular system anatomy 200l result was missing.. i quickly registered for it before the closure of the portal..then i proceeded to my level adviser and the search commenced..ladies and gentlemen, We searched and searched we almost searched google. Alternatively, we went to meet the Doc in charge of the course( i was even the rep of the course).if they fail to see it, i may have an extra year. Then another model of searching started..One afternoon, the lecturer called me into his car and asked if i was interested in taking him to the school authority about the missing result or i want the issue resolved peacefully..i chose the later..so he told me to re-register for it. He also advised me against discussing the issue with anyone. By then registration had closed but thank God i did the re-registration during the 'ultimate search' period.

Conclusively, i honestly feel the ministry of education should checkmate that irregularity mostly exhibited by our so- called lecturers....

3 Likes

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by kowema(f): 9:35am On Apr 26, 2017
So wetin my alma mata main gate with ur gist?.
Abi Uniben na OOU affiliate?
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by OversightTM(m): 9:36am On Apr 26, 2017
Obviously Nigerian federal institutions and missing results are like you know... grin
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Arewa12: 9:36am On Apr 26, 2017
It boils down to 2 things

Is either the Students fail to submit his or her exam script,
Sum student are so daft that the forget their Mat Nos

Fault comes from the Collation officer's too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB 2017 UTME Registration To Commence In 2 Weeks / 27 Months Salary Arrears: Osun Tertiary Institutions Embark On Industrial Action / Yabatech Post Ume 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.