Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? (13516 Views)

WAEC Introduced Attestation Of Results In 2015 Tweets / Meet Makinde Kayode Michael, 14-Year-Old Pupil & His Results In WASSCE & UTME / National Open University (NOUN) And The Menace Of Missing Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 26, 2017
Too many students. Poor management by lectuers.

1 Like

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 26, 2017
Disorganization.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Launcher: 9:38am On Apr 26, 2017
I'm a student of OOU, and I don't believe other schools don't have reports of missing scripts too.

Most students would deliberately not submit their answer sheet when they didn't read so they can solicit for scores from lecturers when they make it look like the lecturers were careless when collating the scripts.

Lecturers may deliberately fail students but not hiding or throwing their scripts away......., I believe students are to be blamed.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by ipobarecriminals: 9:38am On Apr 26, 2017
When one sadiSt lecturer want to punish u,he'll mixed ur 2013 anSwer script with that of 1981.He'll tell u to go and Search/ look 4 it among the "waSte" In those days When we use tha typewriter,we Write doWn our score to avoid story dat touch
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by PrinzEleju: 9:40am On Apr 26, 2017
Many things may cause missing grades.Some are population of students,carelessness of students as well as staff,sadistic attitude of a lecturer especially where such a lecturer beefs d students,where male lecturer wants pu##y etc
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 26, 2017
its as a result of carelessness on the part of the person recording the grades. imagine a lecturer gisting and recording grades at the same time? omissions will occur. on another note why cant a lecturer mistakenly or carelessly record A for som1 that got a C? it rarely happens as oppossed to missing grades
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by marksleek25: 9:41am On Apr 26, 2017
i stand to be corrected. The fact is,money is budgeted for going digital in most of these universities,it might be little, but what happens? Corruption! Stead of using the budgeted money to gradually get a digitalized system in place,they will continually divert that money and continue basking in the paper paper method. Even the paper aren't well kept,you go enter office and smell musky paper all around,files dumped around anyhow.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by muller101(m): 9:42am On Apr 26, 2017
Mine was three courses from yr.one. I got to know about the issue in my yr5 second semester. I nearly died. But it was sorted out anyway.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by express101: 9:43am On Apr 26, 2017
not buying handout
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by EmmGee: 9:44am On Apr 26, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Carelessness on the path of the some lecturer... Some lecturers take out the answer scripts of some students in order to victimize them.

Some students deliberately hide their answer sheet. They find a way of not submitting after the exam. They write their names in the attendance sheet to make it appear like missing answer script. They believe a missing script issue can be resolved and may result into exam resit.

Solution: Higher institutions should embrace computer based examination rather than the manual method of the past.
Are you an entrepreneur/ business man
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by muller101(m): 9:44am On Apr 26, 2017
psucc:
nkpo ufok
ado at a idat.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by one4GOD(f): 9:47am On Apr 26, 2017
Arebiolu:
I have heard of cases when "about to graduate students" always complain of missing results which usually cost them more years after their supposed years( 4 to 5 as the case maybe).

A student from OOU complained to me on how two courses he had passed in year two were given to him as a carry-overs when he had finished his final exams. The tragedy is that he was ask to pay another year school fees 100k plus ( though he failed two courses too, but the school supposed to waive them.)

In Lagos state university, I think you hardly hear such a case because lecturers are to upload the students' results a month after the examination. The results are always online but not pasted on notice board like some universities do.

How long does your school release students' results?

Iam commenting on this post because you mentioned about LASU. My dear please that claim is not true. I passed out of LASU since 2012 and up till now the results of my Set are yet to be found and no record was created for us in the LASU portal. we only recently decided to follow it up now and profiles were created but with no records in them we were asked to go and produce the copies of the results we have so they can start inputting it in the system. LASU is not a school abeg. I wish I spent the 5years I spent in LASU learning a skill or even pursue other professional course I know it would have done me much more good. I will never forget one day they opened a store for us in our satellite campus to go search for some of our results, my people you need to see the heap of students results in that store. We even found some that were over 10years. for LASU..... I smh

1 Like

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by badmrkt(m): 9:47am On Apr 26, 2017
psucc:
nkpo ufok
enye eka...lol
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Ensquare(m): 9:47am On Apr 26, 2017
psucc:
nkpo ufok
that is ekpang, esio, fork, plate etc

1 Like

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by buffalowings: 9:55am On Apr 26, 2017
Arewa12:
It balls down to 2 things

Is either the Students fail to submit his or her exam script,
Sum student are so daft that the forget their Mat Nos

Fault comes from the Collation officer's too

Boils down undecided
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Arewa12: 10:00am On Apr 26, 2017
buffalowings:

Boils down undecided
Oh is that the ryt word

1 Like

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 10:02am On Apr 26, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Ghosts.

They can come from your paternal home or maternal home. They don't attack the easy courses; always the hard ones and the higher the credit load, the more enticing for them.

Sometimes they just ignore you until your 2nd semester final year...gbaaammmm!!! they strike and one course is missing. Before you say jack-Robin-son...another script is missing. Then they start fanning themselves with the missing scripts and singing...

Soft work... its our workooo
See wicked! Lol
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by ChukwuJuwon: 10:03am On Apr 26, 2017
one4GOD:

Iam commenting on this post because you mentioned about LASU. My dear please that claim is not true. I passed out of LASU since 2012 and up till now the results of my Set are yet to be found and no record was created for us in the LASU portal. we only recently decided to follow it up now and profiles were created but with no records in them we were asked to go and produce the copies of the results we have so they can start inputting it in the system. LASU is not a school abeg. I wish I spent the 5years I spent in LASU learning a skill or even pursue other professional course I know it would have done me much more good. I will never forget one day they opened a store for us in our satellite campus to go search for some of our results, my people you need to see the heap of students results in that store. We even found some that were over 10years. for LASU..... I smh

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by lastmaster(m): 10:03am On Apr 26, 2017
one4GOD:

ahhhnnn ah
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by nkemjacob2(m): 10:06am On Apr 26, 2017
90% of this fault comes from those useless lecturers
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Xionez(m): 10:07am On Apr 26, 2017
Village scientists experimenting with your destiny.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by ChukwuJuwon: 10:10am On Apr 26, 2017
lastmaster:
ahhhnnn ah

no mind am if you interested in going for full-time program in the school no cause for alarm by partime no waste your money for now
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by femi4: 10:20am On Apr 26, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Carelessness on the path of the some lecturer... Some lecturers take out the answer scripts of some students in order to victimize them.

Some students deliberately hide their answer sheet. They find a way of not submitting after the exam. They write their names in the attendance sheet to make it appear like missing answer script. They believe a missing script issue can be resolved and may result into exam resit.

Solution: Higher institutions should embrace computer based examination rather than the manual method of the past.
That's not possible in my school. After submitting, you have to tick your name

1 Like

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by ginggerxy: 10:20am On Apr 26, 2017
Launcher:
I'm a student of OOU, and I don't believe other schools don't have reports of missing scripts too.

Most students would deliberately not submit their answer sheet when they didn't read so they can solicit for scores from lecturers when they make it look like the lecturers were careless when collating the scripts.

Lecturers may deliberately fail students but not hiding or throwing their scripts away......., I believe students are to be blamed.
not in all cases. some of our lecturers are not really serious with their job, some don't mark their script by their self, some don't submit result in the appropriate time. Now if you check any department having that issue of missing script you find out is one particular course. Now my question is why is it always one particular course, why one particular lecturer? I know some student could be very un-serious, but every missing script shouldn't be from one lecturer. I'm a victim of that missing script issue and I know that I don't start any paper without filling all my details, now the lecturer is writing ABS for me after it took him like a year to upload the result. Now you want to tell me the fault is always from student.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by dinosmiles(m): 10:24am On Apr 26, 2017
Care-free attitude of some lecturers.... Wen I was in school I wrote a course and couldn't find my result because my script was no where to be found... So I was abt taking the course in my final year wen the lecturer now remembered that he gave some scripts to some persons to mark for him..... He totally forgot he did so, actually he was old. I was lucky den even though I v already paid to re-take the course
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by bobkezel(m): 10:28am On Apr 26, 2017
Village people.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 26, 2017
BNew:
I've got a payoneer card with U.S bank account for sale. Interested persons should p.m or mention me.

ur account contact via signature.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by airsaylongcon: 10:42am On Apr 26, 2017
verygudbadguy:

While I agree that CBT/CBE should be widely adopted, certain types of exams are not amenable to CBE. For example a student's art drawing or architectural drawing. These kind of exams are still best marked by instructors. What should be widely adopted is an online Student record management system. Student records must be submitted within a very tight time frame from when the Graded activity (assignment, test, exam etc) is completed. That way instructors are compelled to do their work when due and not wait till the end of the semester.

For both CBT/CBE and School Management System I am your "go to" resource for consulting or installation/configuration/training/support

1 Like

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by romme2u: 11:00am On Apr 26, 2017
psucc:
nkpo ufok

grin grin grin

nnyin udung ye ikpang efere
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 26, 2017
I think its carelessness. But one thing made me wonder if that is the case.

During my time in Uniben I had missing scripts two consecutive years (3 and 4) from the same lecturer. Though I knew I deserved better marks in those two courses, I was awarded a C in both.

God made sure that those village people did not see my school fees for a sixth year. grin I believe i miracles cheesy
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by verygudbadguy(m): 11:12am On Apr 26, 2017
EmmGee:

Are you an entrepreneur/ business man

Yes, i am an entrepreneur and at the same time, work in a b***. I'm sure you are wondering why i am always online.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

27 Months Salary Arrears: Osun Tertiary Institutions Embark On Industrial Action / Yabatech Post Ume 2010/2011 / How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.