Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? (13517 Views)

WAEC Introduced Attestation Of Results In 2015 Tweets / Meet Makinde Kayode Michael, 14-Year-Old Pupil & His Results In WASSCE & UTME / National Open University (NOUN) And The Menace Of Missing Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by chiraqDemon(m): 11:20am On Apr 26, 2017
psucc:
nkpo ufok
Ikpang, esio efere, usan ndidia
Na them de pursue my guy
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by debbyaustine: 11:32am On Apr 26, 2017
psucc:
nkpo ufok
Ata nkpo ufok ete ye eka
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by EmmGee: 11:49am On Apr 26, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Yes, i am an entrepreneur and at the same time, work in a b***. I'm sure you are wondering why i am always online.
No i asked because, you found a problem and provided solution.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by nkemjacob2(m): 11:50am On Apr 26, 2017
it due to lecturer carelessness mostly
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by verygudbadguy(m): 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
EmmGee:

No i asked because, you found a problem and provided solution.

Lol. Thanks.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
skarlett:
One of the problem is that many students do not follow up their results. Most of them write exams and are afraid to check their grades in a course so when there's an issue they don't discover it on time.

Its wrong for you to write an exam and not see your results for whatever reasons. And if you don't get the score you feel you deserve, you have a right too to see your scripts. I did this a number of times in the university and most times, my scores were usually reviewed and upgraded. Students should know their rights and demand their due not in an aggressive manner but with decorum
What University?
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
Statsocial:

What University?

Uniport, any problem?

1 Like

Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by omohcheezy: 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
As for oou nothing less than three months, you see your first semester results ending second semester
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by aminu790(m): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
it remind me of a notice in my department where it says

The underlisted students should come and explain the reasons why they have not graduated even when they are suppose to.

Mr .....
Exam officer
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2017
skarlett:

Uniport, any problem?
just asking
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by cuteme88(f): 2:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
grin grin grin
Evil spirit against Graduation
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Kingpinukecy(m): 2:41pm On Apr 26, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Carelessness on the path of the some lecturer... Some lecturers take out the answer scripts of students in order to victimize them.

Some students deliberately hide their answer sheet. They find a way of not submitting after the exam. They write their names in the attendance sheet to make it appear like missing answer script. They believe a missing script issue can be resolved and may result into exam resit.

Solution: Higher institutions should embrace computer based examination rather than the manual method of the past.
i tink such a student is a big fool and does not know wat he/she is doing at d moment
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by verygudbadguy(m): 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
Kingpinukecy:
i tink such a student is a big fool and does not know wat he/she is doing at d moment

Not that, some students may be brilliant but on the exam day, fall sick or lose memory of all read and assimilated.

That way, they can rewrite when they are much better.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Carter4luv(m): 3:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
Anger from lecturers, wen their wife made dem angry forget dat they are marking students script.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Origin(f): 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
Which missing script. What they do is there is no way to change the result after submitting to senate . So if you submitted 8As, 9Bs, 6Cs and 2Fs. The rich man olodo student will pay the lecturer and he will change the olodo student's F to your B. So the Olodo can finally graduate.

And that is missing script- because your script is the evidence that you are not an Olodo, it has to be destroyed.

The only thing that can beat corruption is transparency. If you take it up the lecturer loses his job. But we all take the peaceful way out and never report it.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by NarnieSnyper(m): 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
My school before you see your 100 level first semester result, it should be 100 level exam period or 200 level first semester.

Well, my course adviser is a total ass.hole, he is very guilty of this. Because of him some students in 400lvl already have an extra year before their 500lvl.
They (lecturers and other staff) are so lazy and careless and feel like no body can question them if they do anything wrong
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by Origin(f): 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
NarnieSnyper:
My school before you see your 100 level first semester result, it should be 100 level exam period or 200 level first semester.

Well, my course adviser is a total ass.hole, he is very guilty of this. Because of him some students in 400lvl already have an extra year before their 500lvl.
They (lecturers and other staff) are so lazy and careless and feel like no body can question them if they do anything wrong

Even on a forum like this where you can expose them, we still keep quiet. Say the name of the school and Lecturer and course. Let his/her name be heard to the highest heavens.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by elijahy1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
psucc:
nkpo ufok

Idoho etuk mkpo
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by okito: 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2017
AJANAKU; Formerly of Chemistry department, LAUTECH, Now in Covenant University is a very good example. How on earth can a lecturer say " Termites have eaten up your script, go and register again, attend lectures and rewrite the exam"? That is AJANAKU! I hope he has changed now.
Re: What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? by ojotobiloba1: 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
Lautech and missing results re 5 and 6,during 2012,13,14,i don't knw if dat has been corrected now though Buh it was really annoying to be told ones paper is missing which would eventually lead to Awaiting result on a course u treasure most

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

27 Months Salary Arrears: Osun Tertiary Institutions Embark On Industrial Action / Yabatech Post Ume 2010/2011 / How Do I Boost My Memory Capacity And Reading Hours Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.