Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) (50755 Views)

Igbos Are From The Lineage Of Obatala- Ooni Of Ife(video) / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Biography, Age, Ooni Of Ife Prophetess Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 8:10am On Apr 26, 2017
seunoni34:
Utterly disrespectful! That is what you get when you make a tout an oba. Ooni has more class than him. The shame and ridicule is on him now not the Ooni. He is just jealous!
Trade caution my dear, because, no one know the reason OBA OF LAGOS did such although there is no smoke without fire. It can't be ordinary for the OBA OF LAGOS to have been bittered in his HEART. I am tempted to believe, ILE IFE CRISIS could be one of the reason, if a Yoruba king was arrested at ILE IFE by DSS for not directly involved in a fight between YORUBAS and HAUSAS . Ooni's voice is too diplomatic over this issue. OONI isn't outspoken as he ought to be. No Emir or any Islamic leader as such can be arrested for crime committed in his jurisdiction without him being participant. It is totally despicable that it is happening in a era of a man, Yoruba massively voted in as President. And up till now, no known Fulani herdsmen marceneries have been arrested or jailed as need be. It seem OONI OGUNWUSI doesn't know his role as SUPREME KING OF YORUBA. Perhaps, OBA of LAGOS isn't happy about his role in the issue at ILE IFE. It baffles me to see or bring out any sane reason, OBA OF LAGOS, will do such a thing without any concrete reason. OOni need set up and be more proactive to his calling. So, was the other time, OONI went to LONDON to collect tithe or offering in a church. This is totally out of BOUND for him. OONI can bow to GOD but collection of offering or tithe doesn't MEAN OONI IS HUMBLE. Infact ,money is the root of all Evil. However, it may be another issue but I truly don't expect such attitude from OBA OF LAGOS is outrightly unacceptable in YORUBA LAND irrespective of OONI's action in recent times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by SURElee(f): 8:11am On Apr 26, 2017
Agumbankembu:
Oba disrespects Ooni, the emperor general of Odualand.

Let me not say anything about the tout called Oba of Lagos, because the Lagoon is hungry these days, as an Igbo man, I have been condemned to the lagoon.

Hahahahahahahaha. You dey fear for your head abi?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Goke7: 8:14am On Apr 26, 2017
A lot these elders seem not to realize that technology today has made nonsense of personal privacy, this will never have been a matter if this video have not gone viral. This was how the lagoon ish by the same oba went viral and it took the Lagos Govt and the palace itself lots of efforts to explain themselves, it almost cost APC the gov elections in Lagos.

These elders should learn to respect and comport themselves more even in their bedroom cos any slip in behaviour can be so costly. Now the Lagos Palace and even the Lagos Govt will have to explain to the Ife and osun people in general what this nonsense is all about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Goke7: 8:16am On Apr 26, 2017
Olu317:
Trade caution my dear, because, there is no smoke without fire. It can't be ordinary for the OBA OF LAGOS to have been bittered in his HEART. I am tempted to believe believe, ILE IFE CRISIS could be the reason, if a Yoruba king was arrested at ILE IFE by DSS for not directly involved in a fight between YORUBAS and HAUSAS . Ooni's voice is too diplomatic over this issue. No Emir or can be arrested for crime committed in his jurisdiction. It is totally despicable that it is happening in a era of a man Yoruba massively voted in as President. And up till now, no known Fulani herdsmen have been arrested. It seem OONI OGUNWUSI doesn't know his role as SUPREME KING OF YORUBA. Perhaps, OBA of LAGOS isn't happy about his role in the issue at ILE IFE. It baffles me to bring out any concrete reason, OBA OF LAGOS, will do such a thing without any concrete reason. OOni need set up and be more proactive to his calling. So, was the other time, OONI went to LONDON to collect tithe or offering. This is totally out of BOUND for him. Ooni can bow to GOD but collection of offering or tithe doesn't MEAN OONI IS HUMBLE. Infact ,money is the root of all Evil. However, it may be another issue but I truly don't expect such attitude from OBA OF LAGOS is outrightly unacceptable in YORUBA LAND irrespective of OONI's action in recent times.

Why are you then making assumptions on the oba's bad behaviour?

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by AceSkillz01: 8:22am On Apr 26, 2017
Abeg Yoruba (Afonja), come and explain this

2 days ago, Abiola's son said you guys betrayed his father and ATE HIS FLESH shocked

Yesterday, Nnamdi Kanu was granted bail.

Today, an insubordinate junior Oba committed sacrilege by disgracing the paramount traditional ruler of Yoruba (Ooni of Ife), in public.

These are body blows to Yoruba back to back grin cheesy undecided cry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by willibounce1(m): 8:22am On Apr 26, 2017
Olu317:
Trade caution my dear, because, no one know the reason OBA OF LAGOS did such although there is no smoke without fire. It can't be ordinary for the OBA OF LAGOS to have been bittered in his HEART. I am tempted to believe, ILE IFE CRISIS could be one of the reason, if a Yoruba king was arrested at ILE IFE by DSS for not directly involved in a fight between YORUBAS and HAUSAS . Ooni's voice is too diplomatic over this issue. OONI isn't outspoken as he ought to be. No Emir or any Islamic leader as such can be arrested for crime committed in his jurisdiction without him being participant. It is totally despicable that it is happening in a era of a man, Yoruba massively voted in as President. And up till now, no known Fulani herdsmen marceneries have been arrested or jailed as need be. It seem OONI OGUNWUSI doesn't know his role as SUPREME KING OF YORUBA. Perhaps, OBA of LAGOS isn't happy about his role in the issue at ILE IFE. It baffles me to see or bring out any sane reason, OBA OF LAGOS, will do such a thing without any concrete reason. OOni need set up and be more proactive to his calling. So, was the other time, OONI went to LONDON to collect tithe or offering in a church. This is totally out of BOUND for him. OONI can bow to GOD but collection of offering or tithe doesn't MEAN OONI IS HUMBLE. Infact ,money is the root of all Evil. However, it may be another issue but I truly don't expect such attitude from OBA OF LAGOS is outrightly unacceptable in YORUBA LAND irrespective of OONI's action in recent times.

Which king was arrested in Ife over the crisis please?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by KVC1970: 8:26am On Apr 26, 2017
What did you expect from an area boy/ bribe taking police man made OBA by TINUBU his pay master.
The Yoruba traditional council should suspend him indefinitely.
It is a pity that our tradition is being politicized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by willibounce1(m): 8:27am On Apr 26, 2017
This OBA of lagos is so Classless and un diplomatic. His behaviour most of the time doesn't show that he is enlightened. If he can be acting like this in public, I wonder how he behaves in his palace. Always wearing some stupid dark shades looking and an armed robber.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by AYOMITIDE1982(m): 8:30am On Apr 26, 2017
CHILDISH

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by enigmaticlion: 8:37am On Apr 26, 2017
Agumbankembu:
Oba disrespects Ooni, the emperor general of Odualand.

Let me not say anything about the tout called Oba of Lagos, because the Lagoon is hungry these days, as an Igbo man, I have been condemned to the lagoon.
the Oba of Lagos is stupid to disrespect his Almighty superior. The so-called oba of Lagos is nothing but a political thug.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Realdeals(m): 8:37am On Apr 26, 2017
Maturity is not about age, Ooni just display he's more matured than Oba Akiolu. The kind of disrespect and ridicule Akiolu will get from this act will be unprecedented.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by enigmaticlion: 8:37am On Apr 26, 2017
sheedy407:
And this Oba of Lagos doesn't even know that he is suppose to stand up before Oni Of Ife because in respect,Oni Of Ife beats his hands down.

He cant try that to Oba Of Benin else,he go banish am from Lagos and Nigeria
the Oba of Lagos is stupid to disrespect his Almighty superior. The so-called oba of Lagos is nothing but a political thug.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by enigmaticlion: 8:38am On Apr 26, 2017
Famocious:
Oba of Lagos just ridiculed himself and everything he stands for ...jealousy baba

Oba of Lagos must be a sore loser, he couldn't even hide his volatile emotion.. Shior, agbaya undecided

Oni for don tear am dirty slap self
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by enigmaticlion: 8:39am On Apr 26, 2017
Tolexander:
This is an arrant nonsense from Oba Akinlolu Ridwan.

On a normal day, Ooni was not meant to have gone to greet him base on our protocol.
I guess Ooni went to greet Akinlolu base on the fact that he went to greet a nigerian first class King (Obi) and felt it would not be wise not greeting another King (an Oba) seated beside Obi.

Well, Ooni had said he is not in any supremacy battle with anyone.
the Oba of Lagos is stupid to disrespect his Almighty superior. The so-called oba of Lagos is nothing but a political thug. He should stand up next time before his throne is declared vacant

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by enigmaticlion: 8:41am On Apr 26, 2017
Omotayor123:
All these Oba saga sefundecided
from the video I don't think he was trying to shake him, he only wanted to embrace him like he did with the first Oba. But Oba of Lagos did not even give him the Chance.

I think OBAs should have a formal way of greeting.

Their problem thoughtongue
the Oba of Lagos is stupid to disrespect his Almighty superior. The so-called oba of Lagos is nothing but a political thug. He should stand up next time before his throne is declared vacant
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by enigmaticlion: 8:41am On Apr 26, 2017
tunapawizzy:
Oba of Lagos , a very petty old man, an embarrassment. Age doesn't necessarily equate to wisdom
he's an old fool
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by adeboizy11(m): 8:42am On Apr 26, 2017
I'm not surprised, when hype is given to a rat, he thinks he's a lion. Even oba of badagry is historically regarded compared to this tout from lagos island baale of lagos. Ooni sef sud stop all these irrelevant outings. He should learn from baba Adegbite; late oba okunade sijuade.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by enigmaticlion: 8:43am On Apr 26, 2017
seunoni34:
Utterly disrespectful! That is what you get when you make a tout an oba. Ooni has more class than him. The shame and ridicule is on him now not the Ooni. He is just jealous!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by tellwisdom: 8:43am On Apr 26, 2017
grin grin grin This Oba of lagos na clown... Very wicked fool judging from his look and words that comes out from his mouth. Dem go soon strip u of this omo nile title

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by enigmaticlion: 8:45am On Apr 26, 2017
Sultannayef:
Oba of Lagos is very divisive; he should never have been appointed.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by MrBully: 8:49am On Apr 26, 2017
willibounce1:
This OBA of lagos is so Classless and un diplomatic. His behaviour most of the time doesn't show that he is enlightened. If he can acting like this in public, I wonder how he behaves in his palace. Always wearing some stupid dark shades looking and an armed robber.
Have you listened to him speak? You'll he retired from Oshodi bridge to take a royal seat.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Basic123: 8:52am On Apr 26, 2017
That serves ooni of ife right.The ooni is useless.he deserves no respect.His people is being killed by fulani and detained by the same fulani he did nothing about it.Instead of that he was busy touring the world like "Ajala".

He doesn't behave like Oba,he will be touring the world,attending shows,visiting rich men and politicians.People visit Oba not the other way round unless he will visit his fellow Oba.

Although,the Oba of Lagos too behaved in an immature manner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Laredojohn(m): 8:53am On Apr 26, 2017
hmmm not cool at all, irrespective of whatever rift, i really dont expect him two have acted as such
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by tosyne2much(m): 8:53am On Apr 26, 2017
Loisemm:
Immaturity at its peak. There are subtle ways to greet people politely even without shaking hands. His countenance was so off like they had a quarrel before. As Kings, always try to maintain public decorum na. Haba.
He wanted to form "I old pass you" but he has brought upon himself public disgrace
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:53am On Apr 26, 2017
uzoclinton:
I wonder why he refused to shake his hand. hmm

Let me offer an explanation, its just my thinkin oo....

U see, everybody on NL been sayin dis ooni is ridiculing the crown by going to any show anyhow. Well, this tells you that some obas think so, and the way they can tell him is by sending him a message he can interprete, yoruba call it 'aroko'

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by tosyne2much(m): 8:57am On Apr 26, 2017
Olu317:
Bro, this your assumption is flawed
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Haykay80(m): 9:01am On Apr 26, 2017
Oba Akiolu again! What really is his problem? Is this a case of jealousy or just an ill mannered person who can't really behave any other way?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by rigarmortis: 9:05am On Apr 26, 2017
the Ooni is the spiritual head of yoruba land, the Alaafin is the emperor in yoruba land.

get the facts ppl
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Basic123: 9:06am On Apr 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Bro, this your assumption is flawed

To me,its not flawed.Although,the Oba of Lagos has always been ill-mannered.That doesn't mean we should not recognise a justified ill-mannerism.However,a mature person,unlike Oba of lagos,will decide not to be ill-mannered even if it is justifiable.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by proffemi: 9:17am On Apr 26, 2017
Olu317:

With all due respect: abeg go and sit down. This makes the Oba of Lagos look petty and petulant. If he wanted to embarrass the Ooni, he failed. He's the one looking like an appendage.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by GEJman: 9:20am On Apr 26, 2017
later them go say yoruba people get respect and igbos dont.......Fear yoruba people

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Walelavender(m): 9:20am On Apr 26, 2017
Very petty and unnecessary action from Akiolu. Grow up dude. Ooni has the vibes. Jealousy jealousy Lagoon king

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial / Kyari El-Kanemi, Shehu Of Bama, Died Of Coronavirus Disease - Sahara Reporters / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.