Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) (50775 Views)

Igbos Are From The Lineage Of Obatala- Ooni Of Ife(video) / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Biography, Age, Ooni Of Ife Prophetess Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 26, 2017
Basic123:
I agreed with spiritual head because even when Oyo empire was existing,it is legally prohibited for them to invade Ife territory where Apomu town belong.Infact,Oyo empire started to become weak because they invaded the town of Apomu under Ile-Ife.

There is difference between Oyo empire and yorubaland.Oyo empire(largest)existed within yorubaland,along other empires like Ife.So,when Oyo empire was existing Alaafin was the the emperor of the empire not yorubaland while Ooni was and is the spiritual head of all the empires in yorubaland.After the fall of Oyo empire as the largest Ibadan rose as the largest empire in the land,the reason why Olubadn doesn't recognise Alaafin as his superior!!.

Presently yoruba has no single political headquarters because each former empires Oyo,Ibadan(succeeding powerful empire to Oyo),Egba,Lagos(oyo empire didnt stretch to lagos) etc will want to lay claim to it.However,no controversy about the fact that Ooni of Ife is the spiritual head while ile -ife the spiritual capital.

YOU STUDY THE PAST TO UNDERSTAND THE PRESENT.

You need more of history lessons, so many flaws. One, Ife was never an empire but a kingdom and the remaking mistakes . Seek the elders, narrate same story and you will be corrected .
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by abbeyty(m): 11:38am On Apr 26, 2017
Olu317:
Assumption isn't what I postulated because I made reference to certain things OONI OGUNWUSI did in London, which need adjustment and remain as fact. Irrespective of the flaw that you see, which is POSSIBLE, with due respect to your opinion. Whether it is an assumption or a reality the reason for this issue will soon come out in one way or the other to public domain. And when it did come out, kindly do me a favour of informing my school of thought on the reason. My reason for this is because I am a humble Learner.

There is no justification for that oba's action, no matter the issue they have with each other why not sort it out behind closed door instead of disgracing himself in public....old man for that matter

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 26, 2017
ok
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by paradigmshift(m): 12:01pm On Apr 26, 2017
Customer80:
Oba of lagos is showing that his allegiance lies to benin not yoruba nation.

lmao he's a benin man. no deceive yourself
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 12:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
willibounce1:

Which king was arrested in Ife over the crisis please?
The remaining five suspects, including Oba Ademola Ademiluyi, arrested in connection with the recent clash between the Yoruba and Hausa communities in Ile-Ife.

GOOGLE ILE IFE CRISIS AND BE INFORMED

CHEERS
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
abbeyty:

There is no justification for that oba's action, no matter the issue they have with each other why not sort it out behind closed door instead of disgracing himself in public....old man for that matter
That is perhaps the civil way of doing things which was supposed to be behind the CLOSED DOORS. I don't know the reason OBA OF LAGOS DID WHAT HE DID because his action IS OUT OF THIS WORLD. EVEN OYO, WHO IS THE STRONGEST HISTORICALLY DURING 16th—18th and partly 19th century won't do SUCH TO OONI personage.THERE IS NO TWO WAY ABOUT IT, OBA AKIOLU DID A WRONG THING. PERHAPS, HE SEEK ATTENTION FROM HIS FATHER WHO IS IN THE PERSONAGE OF OONI,WHO MAY BE SEEN AS NOT DOING THE RIGHT THINGS. I HOPE THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED VERY SOON. BUT THEN, THE DEED HAD BEING DONE.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Basic123: 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
shigothang:

You need more of history lessons, so many flaws. One, Ife was never an empire but a kingdom and the remaking mistakes . Seek the elders, narrate same story and you will be corrected

Even if its not empire,is ife under Oyo empire

kindly post what you yourself have learnt from your history lesson sir so we could benefit from it.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
ok
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by chijiblaze(m): 12:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
All these things are happening in Yoruba land among their chiefs. Yet they keep telling us about how Igbos are not united.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
Goke7:

Why are you then making assumptions on the oba's bad behaviour?
OBA AKIOLU IS AN OLD MAN. AND SO MANY OF THE OLD GENERATION KINGS ARE OLD MEN . JUSTIFICATION FOR OBA AKIOLU ISN'T MY TAKE BUT THE PROBABLE ROOT OF THE ISSUE DESPITE THE DESPICABLE ACTION OF OBA AKIOLU. IT IS CONDEMNABLE. I ONLY WENT DEEP TO TRY IN UNRAVELING THE POSSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTION CONSIDERING OONI'S NOT TOO PROACTIVE IN THE ARREST and detention OF A KING AT ILE IFE and other issues vis à vis his trip abroad on behalf of all Yoruba KINGS and Yoruba RACE as a whole.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by mywells: 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
Some times the media exaggerates,the Oba
of Lagos respectfully saluted him in a way a father can greet his son.hands shaking sometimes is not our culture and to think of it Oba akiolu is an aged man with stringent policies,Ooni came and bent and Oba Akinolu threw salute and that should be enough for 21st century greeting. what should we say about the igbos who use kick to wake their elderly ones.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Hartarmah(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
The action of the Oba of Lagos is disgraceful but to him and his kingdom not to the Ooni. He shows the beefing with the Yoruba Obas for the Ooni stool as their head which they don't want to bow to, nothing can be done to change history.

I wish the Ooni can give a standing order at the different embassies in Nigeria not to allow Akinlolu the disrespecter of nature for him to know how weighty and recognized Ooni is in the western world.

Baba Ooni, pls continue with your good gesture for peace,unity amongst the Yorubas, they can never understand you are divine. I even know you don't fight for supremacy, supremacy automatically locates you

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by firebaby(f): 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2017
Omo!!!! This is really bad on the oba of Lagos side the snub is really obvious....no one can blame onirisha....oni of ife for being humble now...It is in the blood...not because he is now oba of Ife...very humble king....

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Antoeni(m): 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2017
He is a made by TINUBU Oba , and a Police man for dat matter ,what do u expect, he should be punished by d council of real KINGs
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Hartarmah(m): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
The action of the Oba of Lagos is disgraceful but to him and his kingdom not to the Ooni. He shows the beefing with the Yoruba Obas for the Ooni stool as their head which they don't want to bow to, nothing can be done to change history.

I wish the Ooni can give a standing order at the different embassies in Nigeria not to allow Akinlolu the disrespecter of nature for him to know how weighty and recognized Ooni is in the western world.

Baba Ooni, pls continue with your good gesture of peace,unity amongst the Yorubas. They are less visionary to know you are divine. I even know you don't fight for supremacy, supremacy automatically locates you
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by firebaby(f): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
Omo ......ooni of Ife too humble oooooo!!!!see snub of life ....O ga gan
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by OBAGADAFFI: 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
Olu317:
OBA AKIOLU IS AN OLD MAN. AND SO MANY OF THE OLD GENERATION KINGS ARE OLD MEN . JUSTIFICATION FOR OBA AKIOLU ISN'T MY TAKE BUT THE PROBABLE ROOT OF THE ISSUE DESPITE THE DESPICABLE ACTION OF OBA AKIOLU. IT IS CONDEMNABLE. I ONLY WENT DEEP TO TRY IN UNRAVELING THE POSSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTION CONSIDERING OONI'S NOT TOO PROACTIVE IN THE ARREST and detention OF A KING AT ILE IFE and other issues vis à vis his trip abroad on behalf of all Yoruba KINGS and Yoruba RACE as a whole.

Oba Of Lagos being a Retired Policeman as always being arrogant,

I remember him saying nobody should waste time and money campaigning against Ambode.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by rigarmortis: 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
OlaoChi:

Shut up!

are you insane?..........go and tell your father to shut up
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by InvertedHammer: 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
facebookceo:
A video in which the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu refused to shake the hands of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II has emerged and currently trending on social media.

The video shows the Ooni walking in and exchanging pleasantries, when it was time to greet the Oba of Lagos who was putting on a dark sun glass, he was snubbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV42xFPy6lw

Watch Video here: http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2017/04/kings-war-oba-lagos-refuses-shake-hands-ooni-ife/

What will you do if you were in his shoes? He has been oba for decades. He rolled up in a mercedes. This small boy became ooni about two years ago and rolling in a Rolls Royce. Oba is jealous. And Buhari no dey show face.

/

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by achieverme(m): 1:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
thebadmus:
Ooni of ife self is too found of eye service... Schwww! Must he shake him? Why not wave at him. Tuale to Alaafin of Oyo, he always respect himself and If any forking Oba disrespect him, it is from there the persons blood will just drain... First class oba with no charms... LMAO..
y

I think ooni is just trying to show courtesy, which is a sign of maturity
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by achieverme(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
mywells:
Some times the media exaggerates,the Oba
of Lagos respectfully saluted him in a way a father can greet his son.hands shaking sometimes is not our culture and to think of it Oba akiolu is an aged man with stringent policies,Ooni came and bent and Oba Akinolu threw salute and that should be enough for 21st century greeting. what should we say about the igbos who use kick to wake their elderly ones.

That is not a salute sir. It is a wave-off. We all saw it, so má fi nù wá, a mò Ó je
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Rayhila(f): 2:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
I think there is more to this thing than what the eyes can see, i remembered when Oba of Lagos' son got married, Ooni and his wife attended the wedding now and all went well, i think there is something wrong somewhere
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by salford: 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
i think he was just pissed off at the disrespect from the emewas. One of them even almost collided with the obi of onisha sf. Sijuwade didnt use all these 10 or 20 man emewa. Waste of resources and very unnessessary.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by seunoni34(m): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
Olu317:
Trade caution my dear, because, no one know the reason OBA OF LAGOS did such although there is no smoke without fire. It can't be ordinary for the OBA OF LAGOS to have been bittered in his HEART. I am tempted to believe, ILE IFE CRISIS could be one of the reason, if a Yoruba king was arrested at ILE IFE by DSS for not directly involved in a fight between YORUBAS and HAUSAS . Ooni's voice is too diplomatic over this issue. OONI isn't outspoken as he ought to be. No Emir or any Islamic leader as such can be arrested for crime committed in his jurisdiction without him being participant. It is totally despicable that it is happening in a era of a man, Yoruba massively voted in as President. And up till now, no known Fulani herdsmen marceneries have been arrested or jailed as need be. It seem OONI OGUNWUSI doesn't know his role as SUPREME KING OF YORUBA. Perhaps, OBA of LAGOS isn't happy about his role in the issue at ILE IFE. It baffles me to see or bring out any sane reason, OBA OF LAGOS, will do such a thing without any concrete reason. OOni need set up and be more proactive to his calling. So, was the other time, OONI went to LONDON to collect tithe or offering in a church. This is totally out of BOUND for him. OONI can bow to GOD but collection of offering or tithe doesn't MEAN OONI IS HUMBLE. Infact ,money is the root of all Evil. However, it may be another issue but I truly don't expect such attitude from OBA OF LAGOS is outrightly unacceptable in YORUBA LAND irrespective of OONI's action in recent times.
What did the oba of lagos do to curb the crisis between hausas and Igbo at mile 2 last year? Even if they had a fight initially, this display is wrong on so many reasons. BTW as yorubas, we all know ooni is more powerful than oba of lagos, even alaafin of oyo is equally more powerful than him too. His gesture was just too disrespectful.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Oba Of Lagos being a Retired Policeman as always being arrogant,

I remember him saying nobody should waste time and money campaigning against Ambode.
Yes,he can talk and many times do erred. But this one is on purpose because OBA AKIOLU CAN'T DO SUCH EXCEPT A CONSPIRACY THEORY, if you consider, the magnitude at which this particular issue will be seen among YORUBAS . The hand of time can't be changed,i so much wish, this thing, didn't happen . This issue will be in the history of Yoruba land forever. Let me buttress my point, do you know many Yoruba descent in diaspora are willing to come visit home, especially the slaves Descendants? This is meant to commensurate the forth coming Yoruba festivals. And Oba OYOTUNJI came back home recently and Accorded OONI as the rightful heir to ODUA'S THRONE while OYO is diminishing, which shouldn't be SO. Despite this, I have not seen OONI forming the needed alliance with ALAAFIN as it ought to be because OYO did YORUBA PROUD. OONI is taking all the glory at the expense of all other kings and yet travel too much. OONI'S POSITION IS SUPREME and above other KINGS and he needs build bridge across Yoruba kingdoms,especially amongst OLDER KINGS and should not be seen PUBLICLY as often as OUR FATHER LIVED IN THE PAST.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Rayhila(f): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
I don't think it is a enough reason to behave in such manner, he should have scolded the emewas if at all he was angry with them, not to snub the king like that. it didn't speak well of him at all.
salford:
i think he was just pissed off at the disrespect from the emewas. One of them even almost collided with the obi of onisha sf. Sijuwade didnt use all these 10 or 20 man emewa. Waste of resources and very unnessessary.

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by salford: 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
tivta:
And some one said oni of ife is the most powerful oba in Nigeria...
nothing like power again. all are ceremonial now. The olubadan was the last powerful monarch to rule in the SW region.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by salford: 2:23pm On Apr 26, 2017
willibounce1:

Which king was arrested in Ife over the crisis please?
An Oba was indeed arrested. Oba Ademola Ademiluyi, one the Obas of the smaller towns within the greater Ife. The Oba was a great grand son of the Ooni before Aderemi. This might be unrelated.

No one knows the exact reason why the oba of lagos did that...
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Olu317(m): 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
seunoni34:

What did the oba of lagos do to curb the crisis between hausas and Igbo at mile 2 last year? Even if they had a fight initially, this display is wrong on so many reasons. BTW as yorubas, we all know ooni is more powerful than oba of lagos, even alaafin of oyo is equally more powerful than him too. His gesture was just too disrespectful.
There is no way oba Akiolu will compete on power block. I doubt it but there is something behind the action. All theories can be propounded and until it is unravelled. We will remain in darkness. And the issue, you mentioned isn't as damning as arresting a king at ILE IFE. All these issue look as if it is not real. I don't see any reason, OONI should be seen in every place. However, OBA AKIOLU's action is condemnable outrightly. But I maintained my stance that there is a conspiracy theory.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by Rayhila(f): 2:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
Olu317:
There is no way oba Akiolu will compete on power block. I doubt it but there is something behind the action. All theories can be propounded and until it is unravelled. We will remain in darkness. And the issue, you mentioned isn't as damning as arresting a king at ILE IFE. All these issue look as if it is not real. I don't see any reason, OONI should be seen in every place. However, OBA AKIOLU's action is condemnable outrightly. But I maintained my stance that there is a conspiracy theory.
I agree with you there is a conspiracy theory.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) by seunoni34(m): 2:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
Olu317:
hmmn, let's watch and see how things unfold

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial / Kyari El-Kanemi, Shehu Of Bama, Died Of Coronavirus Disease - Sahara Reporters / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.