Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,026 members, 7,803,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, (4999 Views)

Ayo Oke Jets out of Nigeria ahead of EFCC trial / Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA / Nigerians React To The Suspension Of SGF Lawal & NIA DG Ayo Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by Zenithpeak(m): 3:38am On Apr 26, 2017
www.post-nigeria.com

Top Security Experts on intelligence gathering, have declared the suspended embattled Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency, NIA, Ayo Oke, not guilty, for stashing away $43 million, at a flat in Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos.

This came as the 3-man Presidential Probe Committee headed by Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, swung into action, to unravel the mystery behind the huge cash, which was discovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

However, Intelligence Experts who spoke on Monday, warned that except the investigation is handled with extreme care, the nation’s intelligence community might be undermined with dire implications for national security.

They contended that because of the security implications of the operations of intelligence agencies, they operate largely undercover, making their modus operandi unusual, clumsy, and, in fact, sometimes illegal.

“The unusual operational practices of intelligence agencies are a worldwide phenomenon,” a source said on Monday, adding: “When Nigeria needs to intervene in the politics of another country, say Liberia, to install a President that will support its policies, how do you think it does it? It is the NIA that is used.

Custom Text
“Where in its books would you find such operational funds? Another typical example was the $400 million cash flown by the United States government to Iran, after a deal was struck to end Iran’s nuclear programme.

“So there can be no such thing as money laundering as far as intelligence is concerned, because the agency’s operatives would always be in possession of money for covert operations,” he said.

Did the DG, NIA comply with this law? Insiders revealed that Oke did. In his April 2015 general brief to the President on the state of affairs of the agency, Oke itemised the $289 million intervention fund approved and released to the agency by the Jonathan administration, in November, 2014.

In another memo to the NSA in January, 2016, he gave more details of the funds, including projects being undertaken, the amount expended, balance in the bank, and cash at hand.

Based on his report, the NSA set up a verification team, which inspected the projects and submitted its report in February, 2016. The NSA wrote back to the DG, NIA, on 17th May, 2016, stating that the detailed report of NIA’s projects and exercises had been presented to the President, who was pleased with the agency’s foresight in developing the critical infrastructure outlined in the report.

If Oke filed his report with the appropriate authorities, why then is he in trouble? Insiders suggest that Buhari might not have read the reports, and secondly, that the inter-agency rivalry might have been at the root of his woes. Both might be at work.

While Buhari might not have been able to read the report, because of his busy schedule that was compounded by his health issues, the NSA, Ibrahim Monguno, is said to hate reading.

Recall, that there has been a running battle between the EFCC and NIA, since April last year, over the financial operations of the spy agency.

The EFCC had instituted a secret investigation into the Central Bank of Nigeria’s account of the NIA. The intelligence agency only became aware of the investigation, when the account of Julius Berger PLC, one of the Contractors handling its projects, was blocked.

Enraged by what it believed to be a breach of the law and security protocol, the NIA protested to the NSA, who in an April 19, 2016 memo to the EFCC, asked it to “refrain from the external audit of NIA and other intelligence agencies”, as it contravened Paragraph 12 (1) & (2) of NIA Instrument No 1, issued under the NSA Act, 1986.

The EFCC was apparently not happy with the NSA’s restraining order, insisting that it had the powers to investigate suspected financial crimes. The NIA opposed this claim, on the grounds that intelligence service involves national security, which cannot be enquired into by a non-intelligence body like the EFCC.

This conceptual disagreement perhaps, explains why on April 12, 2017, when the NIA requested the EFCC to call off its raid on its

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by sarrki(m): 3:43am On Apr 26, 2017
The topic though !!!!!
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by GloriaNinja(f): 3:52am On Apr 26, 2017
undecided
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by Zenithpeak(m): 3:53am On Apr 26, 2017
sarrki:
The topic though !!!!!

So sorry, the error in the topic has been corrected and reposted. Thanks.

Mods kindly take note. Gracias.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by sarrki(m): 3:57am On Apr 26, 2017
Zenithpeak:

So sorry, the error in the topic has been corrected and reposted. Thanks.

Mods kindly take note. Gracias.

Bro remove the great victory

Victory for who ?

4 Likes

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by Zenithpeak(m): 4:00am On Apr 26, 2017
sarrki:

Bro remove the great victory
Victory for who ?
I have done that already broda, check your mention.
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by sarrki(m): 4:02am On Apr 26, 2017
Zenithpeak:

I have done that already broda, check your mention.

OK boss

1 Like

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by khadaffi(m): 4:02am On Apr 26, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by Tolexander: 4:28am On Apr 26, 2017
I have nothing to say now since I don't know which part of the precidency said this!

If I make any comment on it and another part of the precidency comes out to counter this release, I may need to modify and clear my post.

And it will just be as if the presidency "are' playing me like ping pong (table tennis)!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:50am On Apr 26, 2017
Let the three man committee come up with thier report abeg...

1 Like

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by Pappyjim: 4:57am On Apr 26, 2017
Season2 sad

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by medtoks: 4:59am On Apr 26, 2017
So na so dis matter die!
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by joe4real12: 5:14am On Apr 26, 2017
Tori don change grin

1 Like

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by TPAND(f): 6:11am On Apr 26, 2017
Cover up plan successfully executed. APC keep deceiving the gullible. Was waiting for your panel to invite the vilified GEJ.

Your cover-up has successfully worked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by orunto27: 6:31am On Apr 26, 2017
Reinstate him.
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by yudee233: 6:47am On Apr 26, 2017
While Buhari might not have been able to read the report, because of his busy schedule that was compounded by his health issues, the NSA, Ibrahim Monguno, is said to hate reading.

What is the OP trying to establish. ..

4 Likes

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by tonio2wo: 7:11am On Apr 26, 2017
And the cover up is complete! Amechi is off the hook. grin grin

Fuckiing corrupt government! angry

4 Likes

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by hoover420: 7:15am On Apr 26, 2017
yudee233:

How will you put someone that hates reading in the NSA?
IF he hates reading, doesn't he have an assistant ? Or does that one hate reading too? shocked
Shitty democracy!
Shitty government!!
The world is laughing at our selfishness & stupidity!

2 Likes

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by Celcius: 7:17am On Apr 26, 2017
I expected this sha.
I could tell he wasn't lying about the funds, but only following orders. His complicity would have been hard to prove. He was following orders.
But on the ground of good conscience I may wanna indict him unless Jonathan has been cleared as well. If he had a feeling the government was taking such HISTORIC amount of money for an individual/party gain, he should have done something. Maybe leak such to the intelligence committee of the senate. That's how its done in the US, China and other advance climes. That's why they grow, GOOD CONSCIENCE.
Appointees must learn to serve the realm. I salute Lamido Sanusi for his courage. He blew whistle on the government even if he knew it'll cost him his job.
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by Marotzke(m): 7:18am On Apr 26, 2017
yudee233:

He is trying to establish that Babagana Monguno, one time Director of army public relations, former chief of Defence Intelligence, a polygot that speaks five languages fluently does not read or hates reading.

1 Like

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by tonio2wo: 7:19am On Apr 26, 2017
Now I believe that some of this whistle blowing discoveries are hoax. The 'covert' operation is stashing some of theses millions in a location and claiming that stolen funds have been discovered.

Anyway the deceit is for their zombie followers. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by HottestFire: 7:34am On Apr 26, 2017
tonio2wo:
And the cover up is complete! Amechi is off the hook. grin grin

Fuckiing corrupt government! angry

Na wha for you what did this Amaechi owe you?
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by Nbote(m): 7:59am On Apr 26, 2017
We all knew it was all a fucking script.. D so called NIA briefed d NSA and yet d NSA didn't act and is a member of d committee who's supposed to grill d same accused NIA boss? @Sarrki I'm surprised @ ur stance after all ur rantings on previous threads

1 Like

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by Waspy(m): 8:16am On Apr 26, 2017
Till you provide sauce.. .I'm not eating this
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by sbashir10(m): 8:35am On Apr 26, 2017
source or i don bilivit
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by Zenithpeak(m): 8:36am On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by refiner(f): 9:05am On Apr 26, 2017
tonio2wo:
Now I believe that some of this whistle blowing discoveries are hoax. The 'covert' operation is stashing some of theses millions in a location and claiming that stolen funds have been discovered.

Anyway the deceit is for their zombie followers. undecided
Bar man give this man a bottle of sprite... grin

That was my thought...

2 Likes

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by tonio2wo: 9:12am On Apr 26, 2017
refiner:

Bar man give this man a bottle of sprite... grin

That was my thought...

Na orijin I dey take o!
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by MaziOmenuko: 9:26am On Apr 26, 2017
lol...

the NSA, Ibrahim Monguno, is said to hate reading.

That part got me grin grin shocked smiley grin
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by NaWetinDey(m): 9:48am On Apr 26, 2017
Zenithpeak:
www.post-nigeria.com

They contended that because of the security implications of the operations of intelligence agencies, they operate largely undercover, making their modus operandi unusual, clumsy, and, in fact, sometimes illegal.

“The unusual operational practices of intelligence agencies are a worldwide phenomenon,” a source said on Monday, adding: “When Nigeria needs to intervene in the politics of another country, say Liberia, to install a President that will support its policies, how do you think it does it? It is the NIA that is used.

Well, there goes the 'untouchables' and here comes the anarchy!
Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by PFRB: 10:20am On Apr 26, 2017
So the whistle blower gets nothing. Sorry ooooo

1 Like

Re: Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, by Babacele: 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
Marotzke:
He is trying to establish that Babagana Monguno, one time Director of army public relations, former chief of Defence Intelligence, a polygot that speaks five languages fluently does not read or hates reading.
bros you are wasting your time with these hate filled lie and evil peddlers?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lockdown In Full Effect In Abuja (photos) / Failure To Pay Project Counterpart Funds May Plunge Anambra Into Food Scarcity / Militants And Jtf In Gun Battle In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.