Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,456 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:09 AM

A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. (10825 Views)

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES / Buy Your Cheap Farm Land, Hybrid Plantain Suckers And Cashew Seedlings(pic) / Contemporary Step-by-step Guide To Non-oil Products Export Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 9:35am On Apr 26, 2017
My One acre farm establishment pre-planting to post planting operations

My esteem followers and potential customers looking forward to establishing your own farm land, I will advise you regularly visit this post for update. As I will be explaining in details the step-by-step procedure to establishing a one acre farm land we just acquire for this season experimental farm with pictures. We intend to experiment some hybrid suckers.

We are sure it will be educative. So keep viewing this post

STEP 1

At this step, we go into process involve in acquisition of the one acre farm land and Land clearing. The acquisition of this farm land was not complicated because the land was bought from my land lord. We bought 10acres from him years back and then securing another one acre from him was not a problem.

Starting a farm land start from land acquisition. You may rent or buy outrightly. However, if you are going into plantain cultivation, we advise you purchase the land. This is because plantain plantation farm rip more income from their plantation in subsequent season since investment in subsequent season is infinitesimal. Thus, if you have rented the land and the owner decide to make use of the land after 2years it means you lost the Profit.

Our newly acres farmland is a virgin land with thick bush, with plenty of Jethrova plant and Akintola plant. Thereby making it a tedious bush to clear.

How fast your newly acquired farm is cleared and the cost of clearing is a function of type of weed or trees on the farm. All we are saying is if there are tough weeds/ trees with deeply rooted root on your farm land it may cost you more cash and take a longer time to clear the farm. Basically the charge for clearing a farm land bush depends on :
1. Type of weed/tree on the land
2. Location of your farm
3. whether or not you are using Mechanical method
⁴. Number of labourers that will be hired

In all, it cost us #30,000 + to do the first clearing of our experimental farm.
Clearing of our farm was in this steps:

1. First clearing : This involve cutting down the Trees and tough weed. But note that at the end of our first clearing, the land was not clean enough for planting suckers so that lead us to second clearing. First clearing cost us #30,000

The picture below shows how the farm look like at the end of first clearing. stay clued to this post for View of Second clearing

2 Shares

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:16am On Apr 26, 2017
2. Second clearing:

This clearing involve:
1. Further cutting of the weed so as to make the soil visible
2. Root out the roots of the weeds/ trees.
3. Burning the cut down weed/ trees. But ensure you don't spread the burning to cover the entire farmland (Check my post Effect of bush burning via the Lin below)
(https://www.nairaland.com/3691009/effect-bush-burning-farm-soil)

4. Application of Herbicide(s) to the farm land to further kill the weed
We applied Systemic herbicide for the following reasons:
a. It penetrate deep into the root to kill the weed root
b. This practice prolong the time it will take for the weed to grow back
c. This practice prevent the weed from growing early thereby competing with the sucker for nutrients
We experimented two types of systemic herbicide (name withheld). We intend to evaluate which is the best. After application of the 2systemic herbicide on different locations of the farm land, the farm is left for 10days for the herbicides to fully work on the weeds

stay view for outcome on next post.

However, if your newly acquired farm land is been used for farming before, you may not clear it second time because after the first clearing the soil should be visible to plant. Also, if you are doing mechanical clearing ( NOT using how and cutlass), then second clearing may not be necessary.

I have to say our second clearing was necessitated because our new experimental farm is a virgin land and we used manual clearing (use of how & cutlass).

Nevertheless, the picture below shows how the farm look like after second clearing...

stay clued to this post. I will visit the farm again after 10days to exermine how well the herbicide worked, which one of the herbicide kill the weed the more, names of the herbicides and pictures evidence of the two herbicide action.

1 Like

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 7:06pm On May 13, 2017
Update on our newly acquired farm

A visit to the farm today was necessitated after waiting for over 15days for the herbicide to fully react with the weeds on the farm land.

However, from all indications and going by the farm picture below, it appears the 2herbicide we apply are active. Because after carefully applying the herbicide on the farmland and waited as prescribe on the container, the herbicide killed all the weed at contact.

The 2experimented herbicide are family of GLYPHOSATE. To use consult expert or better still follow instruction on the container.

In some cases, farmers will usually like to Rake the farm to remove all dead weed cum burnt sticks but we usually advise that the dead weeds and the burnt sticks should be left on the farm land to decay. The more they decay, the more microbial activities increase which inderectly increase the organic matter concentration on the soil. When the soil organic matter increase, reuptake of nutrient increase and Evapotranspiration reduce leading to increase in moisture content of the soil.

Hence, do not clean up the farm land completely with Rake. Inorganic manure enrich the soil over a long period of time.

Nevertheless, you will agree with me (observe the picture below) that the farm is clean enough to commence the next operation which is Tilling of the soil.

so in our next post we shall be keeping abrase of all in for about tilling, it procedure, advantages to yield etc

2 Likes

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
STEP 3

It our pleasure to inform you of our return....we apologize for not updating this post for some weeks now. It due to Virus attack on kenfarm database.

Nevertheless, the experimental farm was not tilled on May 10 (consult our eBook on more info on tilling), after which holes of 30cm deep where dogged with a 2m by 2m spacing withing roles and between roles. After digging the hole to specification, planting of the suckers commenced. Planting is completed and we were able to plant 800+ suckers on one acre.

We must inform you that practically speaking, what you read online or hear about plantain cultivation may not be apply able to your farm due to Environmental factors or Geographical factors. These factor pose what kenfarm call "on the farm challenge" …... I will give example of these "on the farm challenge we encountered during our farm establishment:

1. It is said that with a 2m by 2m spacing, expected sucker per acre is 900. But we were able to plant 820. Meaning the farm measurement is not standard or error on the part of the planters.

2. Very few of the suckers was shot making it impossible to plant them on a hole of 30cm deep. In such case, the hole to plant the shot sucker was filled with top soil before I setting and burying the short sucker.

Just to mention a few..........

The picture attached is a picture displaying how healthy the suckers planted on our experimental farm look. It a product of our old plantation.

stay glued to this post for update on managing the farm after planting.

2 Likes

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2017
Few days ago, I visited my experimental farm to perform three operations.
1. clearing weed
2. Tilling and hipping sand round the growing suckers
3. Application of fertilizer (NPK 15:15:15)
4. priming the Orange tree

Labour is scarce in the community we have our experimental farm so we imported 3 workers from Ibadan to perform 4 operations above. it took them 2days to execute the job and it cost me 17k including feeding the workers and fueling kenfarm conveying space bus. You may spend lesser if labour is readily available in your farm location.

WEEDING OF THE FARM
Exertly 4weeks after planting the suckers, we visited the farm for weeding. In my last weeding is combine two methods (remember is an experimental farm to keep kenfarm followers abrase of best agronomic practice for)

First method is using of Herbicide (name withheld)
second method is using of hand weeding

Herbicide method:
We used a sprayer containing 16liters of water mix with 3cock-cup full of the herbicide to spray the weed professionally ensuring that the herbicide do not come in contact with the growing suckers. If you are not a professional, do not try this method. If you are not careful, you may kill the whole of your growing suckers with the herbicide. We used contact herbicide. Do not use systemic herbicide on your farm planted with your crops. Reason for this is systemic herbicide kill to the root. Emerging you accidentally spraying 40% of your crop. It simply means you just damaged your work yourself.

we used herbicide on 50% of the farm land. On return after 4weeks the area of land we applied herbicide was so clean and free of weed. The suckers look healthier due to lack of competition with weed.

Hand weeding method:
The labourers used hoe and cutlass to root out the weed 50% of the farm. Though it spear tedious and time consuming. But at the end 4weeks, the weed in this area has over grown the suckers. The growing suckers here was competing for sunlight and nutrient.

So on my visit to the farm today (being 4weeks after first weeding) I realised that the use of herbicide to control weed is more Economical, time saving and weed grow very slow. Preventing the crop from competing for Sunlight and Nutrient with weed for at least 1month.

So if you were in my shoes, which method will you adopt henceforth
Today, (I.e, after 4weeks) I decided to apply my herbicide (name withheld) on the 50% area of land that was Hand weed in the las weeding.

Thus, kenfarm wish to advise our esteem client and followers to use application of herbicide to control weed. However, if the crop are tender, pls spraying should be done by a professional (like kenfarm) and contact herbicide should be used. Otherwise, the use of herbicide on a farm with tender crop can be caters trophic. Where a professional sprayer is not available, use hand weeding.

Nevertheless, we tutor/guide client who purchase our sucker on how to spray herbicide on your farm with tender crop.

. . . . . . stay clued to this post as I keep you posted for details on the 3 other operations.

The picture attached is an picture evidence of area of the farm sprayed with herbicide and area hand weed. Am sure you can see 7UP motor(d diff is clear)

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2017
2nd Operations:
Tilling and hipping sand round the growing suckers

We tilled our experimental farm at the same time hip sand around the base of the 3weeks suckers. The tilling was done to loosen the soil to enable the growing root spread easily under ground. If the soil is loosen it enable the root extends and be deeply rooted into the soil.

When the root of the suckers is deeply rooted, it reduce the chance of the suckers been fell down by heavy wind. It also increase the rate of nutrient absorption which indirectly increase the bunch of the plantain.

Kenfarm wish to recommend Tilling of the soil as either a pre-planting or post planting operations.

Nevertheless, we also hip the top soil around the base of the growing suckers to ensure that the sucker root that are gradually been exposed due to rainfall are buried properly. Hipping top soil round the base of the growing suckers also prevent pest attack on the root.

N.B: stay posted. A picture of our growing sucker will be posted here after my next visit to the farm so our followers can see the positive effect of tilling their farm and hipping top soil round the base of the growing sucker.

2 Likes

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
Greetings to our esteem customers and followers. We visited our experimental farm after 3weeks of weeding. Check the pix below to view how much weed has taken over the farm.

If your farm weed has also taken over your crop, this is not ideal for the crop. Because the weed are feasting on the nutrient meant for the crop. If the weed is not eradicated as soon as possible, the effect will be translated in the fruit which may not be big enough.

However, to solve this, just hand weed using hoe. after weeding down the weeds leave the weed on the farm to decompose. Also, after two weeks of hand weeding, apply Herbicide to further kill the already germenating weed again so that your farm will stay off weed for another 6weeks.

cheers!!!!

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Hollawayn05(m): 10:19am On Jul 26, 2017
Ken4agent:
Few days ago, I visited my experimental farm to perform three operations.
1. clearing weed
2. Tilling and hipping sand round the growing suckers
3. Application of fertilizer (NPK 15:15:15)
4. priming the Orange tree

Labour is scarce in the community we have our experimental farm so we imported 3 workers from Ibadan to perform 4 operations above. it took them 2days to execute the job and it cost me 17k including feeding the workers and fueling kenfarm conveying space bus. You may spend lesser if labour is readily available in your farm location.

WEEDING OF THE FARM
Exertly 4weeks after planting the suckers, we visited the farm for weeding. In my last weeding is combine two methods (remember is an experimental farm to keep kenfarm followers abrase of best agronomic practice for)

First method is using of Herbicide (name withheld)
second method is using of hand weeding

Herbicide method:
We used a sprayer containing 16liters of water mix with 3cock-cup full of the herbicide to spray the weed professionally ensuring that the herbicide do not come in contact with the growing suckers. If you are not a professional, do not try this method. If you are not careful, you may kill the whole of your growing suckers with the herbicide. We used contact herbicide. Do not use systemic herbicide on your farm planted with your crops. Reason for this is systemic herbicide kill to the root. Emerging you accidentally spraying 40% of your crop. It simply means you just damaged your work yourself.

we used herbicide on 50% of the farm land. On return after 4weeks the area of land we applied herbicide was so clean and free of weed. The suckers look healthier due to lack of competition with weed.

Hand weeding method:
The labourers used hoe and cutlass to root out the weed 50% of the farm. Though it spear tedious and time consuming. But at the end 4weeks, the weed in this area has over grown the suckers. The growing suckers here was competing for sunlight and nutrient.

So on my visit to the farm today (being 4weeks after first weeding) I realised that the use of herbicide to control weed is more Economical, time saving and weed grow very slow. Preventing the crop from competing for Sunlight and Nutrient with weed for at least 1month.

So if you were in my shoes, which method will you adopt henceforth
Today, (I.e, after 4weeks) I decided to apply my herbicide (name withheld) on the 50% area of land that was Hand weed in the las weeding.

Thus, kenfarm wish to advise our esteem client and followers to use application of herbicide to control weed. However, if the crop are tender, pls spraying should be done by a professional (like kenfarm) and contact herbicide should be used. Otherwise, the use of herbicide on a farm with tender crop can be caters trophic. Where a professional sprayer is not available, use hand weeding.

Nevertheless, we tutor/guide client who purchase our sucker on how to spray herbicide on your farm with tender crop.

. . . . . . stay clued to this post as I keep you posted for details on the 3 other operations.

The picture attached is an picture evidence of area of the farm sprayed with herbicide and area hand weed. Am sure you can see 7UP motor(d diff is clear)

hello pls i need contact for a professional in herbicide spraying
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hollawayn05:

hello pls i need contact for a professional in herbicide spraying
Pls hurry to contact kenfarm via: 08038623884 or via email: kenfarm2020@gmail.com
Our experience over the years speaks for us
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2017
The picture below is our experimental farm. On the farm is our viable plantain stem of 9weeks old. checkout how healthy they are. Free of any type of pest. The second weeding was accomplished a week ago and next week we would be applying herbicide to further kill the weed.

At this stage, one of the things you need to do to make the fruit grow into a big bunch is control weed. Weed on the farm land compete for nutrient with the suckers thereby reducing nutrient reup take into the sucker.

Contact us today for our pest free suckers and in the nearest future your plantation will be like the picture below......

call: 08038623884

We would display the picture of the plantation after killing the weed with herbicide

cheers!!

1 Like

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 8:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
Greetings from kenfarm!!!!!

This post is intended to update and directs all kenfarm customers who bought our hybrid suckers.......

Our experimental farm was 12weeks old a couple of days ago......check the picture below to see how great the suckers are doing. From the look of the farm, it appear the herbicide weeding was 89% effective though how well the weed will be eradicated depends on the professionalism of the worker doing the spraying. Proper mixing and Even spraying gives much better result.

Since I traveled to Ogun State to establish a client farm, i entrust the last herbicide weeding to my farm keeper. If you zoom the picture below you will agree with me the job is not 100% perfect.

Hence, as a farm owner, certain operations require you are present at the farm to supervise or where necessary do it yourself. Leaving your young plantation in the hand of your farm keeper is simply the beginning of failure.

You own the cash invested so you need to protect your investment.

Since it over 6weeks we apply NPK fertilizer, our sucker is due for an Organic fertilizer like SuperAgro. we would be apply that in a couple of days and I will after wards keep you posted on all you need to know about super Agro fertilizer and why it is the desired next fertilizer and not Poultry Wast.

Keep visiting this post

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2017
pic below is the current state of our experimental farm. It been taken over by weed since 2months ago weed was controlled using herbicide......

At the moment workers are on the farm weeding manually and hipping sand round the suckers in preparation for the dry season... we will post the new farm look after weeding and also explain why it important you cover the root of the sucker with sand

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2017
Greetings my esteem followers of this thread.....above is how bushy our experimental farm is and as such I decided to hire workers to hand weed and heap sand round the sucker root.

Below is the look of the farm after the hand weeding. This weeding is the 3rd weeding since May, 2017 we planted the suckers. The cost of weeding varies with location, how bushy the farm is and your bargaining power.

REASON WHY I CHOOSE HAND WEEDING AND HEAPING OF SAND

1. when you hand weed (especially when done properly), you have the opportunity to root out all the root of the weed which reduce the time of subsequent emergence.

2. the uprooted weed when left on the farm land decay gradually to form compost manure and also form mulching

3. when you heap sand round the sucker root, you are securing the root of the sucker from erosion exposure.

4. when you heap sand around the sucker you are increasing the tendency of more suckers emerging around the parent sucker.

5. when you heap sand round the sucker the root of the sucker will be firm to withstand the destructive wind that a company the first rain in the new planting season.

Hence, we advice all whose sucker is above 4months to endeavour to heap sand round the sucker.

check the picture below for the farm new look (3weeks after weeding). we plan applying herbicide which contain ingredient capable of killing the weed seed and killing the weed to the root in preparation for the dry season.

when this is done we would post new farm picture.

kenfarm.........eradicating food shortage....

1 Share

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2017
Greetings to my silent and esteem follower of this educative thread. Just to update you of our experimental farm activities.

I visited the farm today to review how effective the herbicide applied was. Check the picture below to review the effect of the herbicide used yourselves.

Now let me educate us shortly on herbicide application. If you intend killing the weed in your farm from the leaves to the root, I advise you apply systemic herbicide like Glyphosate or Forcuron. The effect of these systemic herbicide take 7-8days to manifest on the weed. Also, the effect last longer than Contact herbicide.

It also important to note that weed are resilient in the since that when their seed fall on the soil, they sprout very fast. So while killing the existing weed, it important you kill the seed with Attrasine .

In doing this, you will prolong the time it will take the weed to emerge

1 Share

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by corpROYAL(m): 11:44am On Nov 02, 2017
Great job ! But if l were you. As will plant cassava together with the plantain and harvest them within six month to a year depending on the species of cassava.

I have being following your method very good and product. I love to have something like this. Kudos.
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2017
corpROYAL:
Great job ! But if l were you. As will plant cassava together with the plantain and harvest them within six month to a year depending on the species of cassava.

I have being following your method very good and product. I love to have something like this. Kudos.

Thank you Bro, it gladden our heart to know you are following up. We appreciate your suggestion of inter cropping but may I quickly inform you that it not agronomically right to intercrop two crop of the same growth cycle. If you do, the two crop will be competing for nutrient from planting to fruiting. Definitely the two crops will have poor yield as a result of the competition.

However, it best you intercrop two crops which are of varying growth cycle. One ready for harvest in 2-3 months while the other ready for harvest in 9-12 months

hope this help
cheers!!! and keep following the thread

2 Likes

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
Season greetings to my esteem followers of this thread......may the unfolding planting season bring us all plantain farmer good tidings. May we not experience the attack which has become a worrisome development to all farmers

It been a while we updated our post on this topic. It for no other reason than the fact that we are now in resting period.

A visit to the farm today after last visit in October2017. The suckers apear to be doing great despite the non availability of water. Our plantation is 8months old now. Though they have not started fruiting. When they are 10months above it is expected that the bunches will start emerging.

But the fruit grow into very big bunches when watered by the first rain. Thus, we gonna wait for the rain to start in Ernest before we start harvesting.

If your plantain suckers experience distress due to non availability of water, then u did not do your home work properly when your suckers where tender. Unfortunately, when the suckers enters puberty, there is little or nothing you can do to avert any unpleasant physical appearance.

It is for this reason we are encouraging potential plantain farmers to make adequate findings before venturing into plantain cultivation. Seek for the professional advise of the Masters in the Biz........Remember, ignorance is never a reason for failure.

Cheers!!

1 Share

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:41am On Jan 22, 2018
We shall be make available in hard copy all the cost analysis of all cash spent sofar from land purchase to seed cost to maintenance cost till date for this our experimental farm. We shall also detail the preplanting operations and post planting operations

This document will be a compass to potential plantain farmers....be on the lookout on this thread
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by orpeeh: 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2018
Ken4agent:
We shall be make available in hard copy all the cost analysis of all cash spent sofar from land purchase to seed cost to maintenance cost till date for this our experimental farm. We shall also detail the preplanting operations and post planting operations

This document will be a compass to potential plantain farmers....be on the lookout on this thread
appreciate your kind gesture, sky is your beginning

1 Like

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by IcemanP(m): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
I followed your post all the...This is lovely and educating...I would love to dabble into Ginger Farming,Plantain and even casava farming soon...THe issue is how to get land in hectares...I stay in Abuja...I salute you...
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
IcemanP:

I followed your post all the...This is lovely and educating...I would love to dabble into Ginger Farming,Plantain and even casava farming soon...THe issue is how to get land in hectares...I stay in Abuja...I salute you...

We appreciate your constant visit to our post. However, due to the sensitive nature of land acquisition we do not secure land for intending farmers. All I can advice is that you can not get a land as large as you want in places like south east or north but I can assure you if you move down south west ( e.g Oyo state, Ogun and Osun) you are sure of getting land of any size for lase especially in Ibadan.

But then you need to consider distance to your base... Wish you luck
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 1:07pm On Jan 25, 2018
orpeeh:
appreciate your kind gesture, sky is your beginning

Thanks Bro, very much appreciate
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 11:37am On Jan 31, 2018
Farmafric:
FarmerGiant Nigeria limited is an expert in animal farming, supplying of livestock, animal farm accessories, livestock farming planing / budget and free consultation.
for inquiries, contact us on; 08074349597

Pls this thread is strictly for updating kenfarm esteem followers on our experimental farm just to furnish those intending to go into plantain plantation the practical information needed.

Pls stop derailing this thread!!!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 4:58pm On Feb 05, 2018
I visited our experimental farm today and was delighted to know that at 9months this February, the fruit has started immerging...... The suckers where able to survive the dry season even at puberty.

It an indication that the suckers are hybrid. We hope to harvest when the rain commence. The rain will water the plant and make more nutrient available for the fruit to grow bigger.

We would still display picture of how big the fruits are in few weeks time...

We have been able to produce a soft copy of the documented preplanting and post planting operation of our experimental farm. The document shows all the input we have put into the farm and other info which will be of help to potential plantain farmers.

You could get a copy by requesting for it by send mail to kenfarm2020@gmail.com

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 11:43am On Feb 22, 2018
The pictures above is an indication our sucker is capable of withstanding hash weather condition especially drought ......
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
One of the dreaded natural environmental factor which effect plantain plantation is STRONG WIND. Up to date there haven't been anay remedy for wind destroying plantain suckers. It appear we could only plant tree crop in strategic location in the farm. But how do we know which direction the wind will be blowing

Our experimental farm experience a strong wind and about 15 plantain suckers already bearing bunches was pulled down by wind cutting the sucker from the middle. It sad but we could only thank Oluwa the mortality rate was not much.

The motarlity rate will have increased if we did not make heaps round the base of all the plantain suckers.

If you haven't heap sand round the base of your plantain sucker, the time to do that is now!!!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
Greetings to all our esteem followers of this tread. We visited our experimental farm to inspect the first rain weeding. The suckers are 11months old now and suprisenly the big giant bunches are beginning to emerge with pride. The suckers are also multiplying and ready for sale.

Below are pictures for your perusal........presently am working on marketing the bunches to a good buyer. The most important aspect of farming is how to make cash out of your farm produce.

In a couple of weeks our focus on this tread will be on how we gonna market this giant fruits. So always visit. Feel free to oder for our brand new suckers
Cheers!!

1 Share

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
Check this bunch still maturing

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hey Guys, I visited our experimental farm today and never stop smiling at my millions on the way. The fruit are growing bigger than I imergined and the suckers are just becoming too much.

I harvested and sold the first set of suckers at a had some price and was skilling to the Bank today......Are you still waiting for more info??

Place your oder for our viable sucker and never bother thanking me.

Check pix below

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 1:13pm On May 05, 2018
We are pleased to let you all know that our experimental farm plantain is now available for sale per dozen. We also wish to inform us that we have viable hybrid sucker for sale
Cheers!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Buy Old Layers, Mature Cockerels And Broiler Of Any Quantity / Approximately How Much Would Start Plantain Plantation Of 1hectare / Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.