Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) (116222 Views)

Robber Who Followed A Man After Bank Withdrawal In Anambra Stripped Unclad (Pix / Okada Man Shot Dead By Armed Robber Who Boarded His Bike In Lagos. Photos / Armed Robber Who Was Playing Keyboard In Church In Delta Apprehended (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by sunnysunny69(m): 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
jbnm:
Oyenusi confessed that he was not to die alone because he did not commit the crimes alone. He vomited the names of other members of the gang which were as follows: Joseph Osamedike, Ambrose Nwokobia, Joel Amamieye, Philip Ogbolumain, Ademola Adegbitan and Stephen Ndubuokwu.

that's a snitch.
He grassed on them, now when they get to hell they'll kill him second time.

1 Like

Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by ogbonti: 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
sunnysunny69:
He is a kid robber when you compare him with Lawrence Anini. Anini killed more police, snatched car from Assistant inspector general of police Christopher Omeben, killed his driver, attack and nearly killed state commissioner of police, he robbed more banks than any one in Nigeria history, had biggest robbers as at the time working under him . Even Babangida feared him with the dare way anini operates. I will accept Oyenusi has more juju and often disappeared according to history.

Anini killed only one policeman when the gang robbed African Continental Bank ACB, Agbor.

Anini, aka Lawrence Nomayangbon alias, Ovbigbo (Igbo boy or "The Law" ) was not a killer per se. He was more of a very skilled driver. It was Monday Osunbor, aka "Strong man" that was the hatchet man for the gang. I was old enough to remember everything in 1986.

Other members of that gang were

1. Lawrence Anini

2. Monday Osunbor

3. Friday Ukponmwan aka Ofege

4. Johnbull Ahunwan aka JB

5. Phillip Iwebelua aka Smallie

6. Friday Abeju

7. Solomon Osemwenkhai aka Akpakon

8. Alhaji ZZ ( never caught)

9. DSP George Iyamu

10. Kingsley Eweka

11. Inspector Sunday Irowa

1 Like

Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
sunnysunny69:
I heard stories how police will hear Anini is operating and they wear something on top their uniforms and run away because he just want to kill as many police as he could. I agreed na godfather.
Anini was brutal
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by sunnysunny69(m): 5:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
ogbonti:

Anini killed only one policeman when the gang robbed African Continental Bank ACB, Agbor.

Anini, aka Lawrence Nomayangbon alias, Ovbigbo (Igbo boy or "The Law" ) was not a killer per se. He was more of a very skilled driver. It was Monday Osunbor, aka "Strong man" that was the hatchet man for the gang. I was old enough to remember everything in 1986.

Other members of that gang were

1. Lawrence Anini

2. Monday Osunbor

3. Friday Ukponmwan aka Ofege

4. Johnbull Ahunwan aka JB

5. Phillip Iwebelua aka Smallie

6. Friday Abeju

7. Solomon Osemwenkhai

8. Alhaji ZZ ( never caught)

9. DSP George Iyamu
. I doubt I'll agreed he killed only one policeman.
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by Berbierklaus(f): 5:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
Guess what they will be showing the movie OYENUSI on Africa magic Yoruba by 8:20pm this evening,so y'all tune in and watch...Odunlade Adekola is the OYENUSI in the movie,I guess he also produced it gringrin

1 Like

Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by AbakalikiPress: 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
PureMe01:
a pained free guy is way better than an enslaved loyal servant.enjoy your slavery
as an AFONJA,u know wat I mean.

Lol wuut?
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by jujunaty(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Guyman02:
Please help the Police to identify these robbers who killed 2 security men working hard to feed their families when they attacked a filling station in Apo on May 29.
They should not be allowed to escape justice, you can inform Police anonymously using the police website or any of the Force PRO numbers or emails here
http://npf.gov.ng/images/pro_contacts.pdf
so NPF cant do a single face recognition process. Frm Mobile netwrk database or bank data base. They cant lift finger prints etc. We are done for in this country.
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by farem: 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
sunnysunny69:
He is a kid robber when you compare him with Lawrence Anini. Anini killed more police, snatched car from Assistant inspector general of police Christopher Omeben, killed his driver, attack and nearly killed state commissioner of police, he robbed more banks than any one in Nigeria history, had biggest robbers as at the time working under him . Even Babangida feared him with the dare way anini operates. I will accept Oyenusi has more juju and often disappeared according to history.

But immediately Anini got arrested, he became boiled vegetable. it was only Osunbor in Anini's group that smiled at the bullet. Anini was a mere driver, Osunbor was the operator.

1 Like

Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by sees1010(m): 6:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
This is a real money making opportunity for you, you can't affortvto miss this life changing seminar
What you don't know is greater than you, until you are informed you will always loose out of form...............you want to exchange any e-currency to another we are here to serve you, our fee is so minimal thatcyouvcant even notice you where charged,,,,,,,,,,,,,,call only the number on the poster,

Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by Slurity(m): 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
SmartyPants:
Every 3 months this story graces the frontpage. Why are we celebrating an armed robber?
So, you don't see this as a warning to Nigerians too?
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by arsenal33: 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
jodababa:
If I talk dem go say I talk. NCAN take note

Oyenusi confessed that he was not to die alone because he did not commit the crimes alone. He vomited the names of other members of the gang which were as follows: Joseph Osamedike, Ambrose Nwokobia, Joel Amamieye, Philip Ogbolumain, Ademola Adegbitan and Stephen Ndubuokwu.
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by Ninilowo(m): 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
SmartyPants:
Every 3 months this story graces the frontpage. Why are we celebrating an armed robber?
I wonder oooo
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by gregyboy(m): 6:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
anoda osun and benin fight i have to say this anini was mor popular even to d extent donald trump made mention of his name of recent also more feared by d forces he was a celebrity theif no one wanted him to die , unlike oyenusi had more juju but not very popular mostly feared by citizens is gang is not as strong as d anins gang eveybody wanted him dead
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by sunnysunny69(m): 7:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
farem:

But immediately Anini got arrested, he became boiled vegetable. it was only Osunbor in Anini's group that smiled at the bullet. Anini was a mere driver, Osunbor was the operator.
I always hear osunbor is the main man , may be true .
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by iamjavadem(m): 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
sonsomegrigbo:

https://oldnaija.com/2017/03/23/the-real-story-of-ishola-oyenusi-nigerias-deadliest-armed-robber/
The movie is showing on Africa magic Yoruba in an hour, 20:10, don't miss it.
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
sunnysunny69:
U must be joking man. Oyenusi is more notorious OK.
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by ericmor: 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
SmartyPants:

Bcs he is an harmed robber n was latter caught n executed which is a lesson to others
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by wazobiaforu(m): 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
The movie OYENUSI is ON now on Africa Magic Yoruba
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by bionixs: 8:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
Nbote:
Nnaaa it has tey Guinness stout don dey run things sha.. Anyways it has also tey dat both "Afonjas" and "Yeebos" alike have been running crime together meaning none actually boasts monopoly of crime.. So NCAN take note...
Afonja and iPod colabo! old edition. NCAN oshogbo and obosi branches go be like, omo,how we go do am ?how we share am? which way did it go? which way did it go? but Afonja get am,na them be the gang leader, Afonjaaaaaa! Una toooo mush

1 Like

Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by nefertitiram: 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Oyennusi now showing on Afmag Yoruba. 8:10pm
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by omoadeleye(m): 9:05pm On Jun 02, 2017
sunnysunny69:

Where you there?
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by hermosa7: 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
sunnysunny69:

I watched a Yoruba movie recently where it was clearly demonstrated that Oyenusi uses charms to disappear and all, but I wonder why the write-up above does not even mention anything like that.

Fake news! undecided
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by sunnysunny69(m): 9:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
hermosa7:

I watched a Yoruba movie recently where it was clearly demonstrated that Oyenusi uses charms to disappear and all, but I wonder why the write-up above does not even mention anything like that.

Fake news! undecided
growing up we were told how it was all over the new how he will disappear, might be true but i just think Anini was more sophisticated in his operation with stories of bank robberies here and there. Oyenusi was more of car snatch and knowing he was going to die he snitch on all his bandit .
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by Fargbaba: 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Showing the film now on Africa magic yoruba
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by ariklawani(f): 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
is history. for those that don't know.one day for the owner.moral.
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by highbee02: 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
10ks 4 dis write-up, I can boo my in-laws in Ibadan who slapped me after dia daughter stole my kitchen utensils
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by phreakabit(m): 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
Oyenusi came into limelight after the Nigerian civil war ended in 1970. He robbed banks and people in both daylight and night, and he never let any of his victims live to see another day, he killed them all! This earned him the name “ Doctor rob and kill “. At the height of his horrific reign, Oyenusi bragged that “ the bullet has no power“. He probably forgot that he who live by the sword will surely die by the sword. Oyenusi was so infamous that he was regarded by some people as the “ first celebrated armed robber in Nigeria “, and after him was Lawrence Anini, Babatunde Folorunsho (Baba oni lace), Shina Rambo, Buraimo Jimoh and others.

Hmm... That is all I will say.
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by lexy2014: 12:32am On Jun 03, 2017
1bkaye:

Anini was brutal
there was a myth surrounding Anini which took d attention of d real guy. Anini wasn't as brutal as people thought. he was actually d driver of d group then. he drove a white Santana, a popular car in those days. D brutal guy was actually Monday osunbor, a killer without remorse
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by edupedia: 2:45am On Jun 03, 2017
Nbote:
Nnaaa it has tey Guinness stout don dey run things sha.. Anyways it has also tey dat both "Afonjas" and "Yeebos" alike have been running crime together meaning none actually boasts monopoly of crime.. So NCAN take note...

....see IPOB fiction again!...
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by edupedia: 2:46am On Jun 03, 2017
Nbote:

....so by your statement16 = 19?...

...so by u Afonja 2 = IPOB 5

Which kain modern ritmitic be dat?...keep deceiving ya self dia...
Re: Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) by Okudiover(m): 4:27am On Jun 03, 2017
sunnysunny69:

tongue tongue tongue tongue What do you mean by Babangida feared Anini? A military head of state and commander in chief of a country with the largest military in black Africa living in Dodan Barracks fear a criminal gang of 11 based at old bendel state? No my friend. Babangida in October of 1986 at a Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting asked the then Inspector General of Police Etim Inyang (late) " My friend where is Anini"? to which the startled IGP replied that Anini would be captured before Christmas. IBB went further to say that Nigerians (himself inclusive) sleep with one eye open because of Anini. It is his own funny way of trying to identity with the common man's worries, something IBB was very good at. Before his ascendancy to power, Nigerians were not used to seeing this trait in their former leaders. What IBB feared the most back then was the possibility of toppling his government by his soldiers that was why he was always reshuffling positions, retiring officers, sending them abroad on courses or peace keeping operations or giving some juicy contracts and killing some mysteriously. IBB feared his rank and file more than he could fear any criminal gang. He feared Mamman Vasta and Sani Abacha the most.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Parked His Car In Bank Premises In Edo, When He Came Out, He Saw This / Missing Lagos Nurse Found Chilling In Osun Hotel / Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.