Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

R - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / R (2634 Views)

North Not Afraid Of Nigeria Breaking Up – Anthony Sani Tells Ipob / Don’t Bring Back Ruga If You Don’t Want Nigeria To Disintegrate– Clark Warns PMB / Nigeria Breaking News Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R by juman(m): 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
One nigeria country is a dream killer country.
Re: R by deedeedee1: 1:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
juman:

The only problem we have is senseless leaders.
Military generals pushed the country to this very bad state.

If we have determined president the country can weather the storm and be a great country.
Baba for how long will you stop blaming your leaders? You blame your leader as if they were not raised in the same society as you and me. About sixty years ago, your grandfathers blamed the leaders, your fathers did the same, now you are also blaming your leaders. Most of the leaders today were not known about 20years ago. The leaders are not the problem but instead the system is. You cannot carve hundreds of ethnic tribes in same country and expect them to act as one. Especially a country that was forcefully created without the natives approval. The reason Ghana and Botswana have little corruption is simply because of ethnic similarity.

2 Likes

Re: R by ElsonMorali: 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
Igboesika:

Type good English if you must quote me.

Good Engrish like "thorn" or good English like "torn"?
Re: R by maximilano: 12:57am On May 01, 2017
ndubueze92:
To all those nincompoop Ohaneze indigbo talking crap on restructuring... This is just an English word in word in Nigeria... Nothing can be structured or restructured... We are too divided to remain one.... We want out...
I agree with you 100%
Re: R by Litmus: 1:42am On May 01, 2017
Nigerians will be really stupid to let Nigeria break up. In Nigeria you have been handed a diamond and many of you true Nigerians that agree with break up don't even know it. You're listening to nameless faceless people online encouraging you to accept the thought of breaking up in the hope that it become self-fulfiling, I shake my head. They say stupid things like Lugard created Nigeria as if this means anything and you fall for that rubbish. Why Nigeria is such a fantastic prospect that if today they renamed it Lugarda you should still embrace the nation. Frigging call us Lugardans for all we should care, a powerful, rich nation equitable for all is what our priorities should be.

Some of you keep harping on about humbleness and yet don't know when to be humble. The British created Nigeria, we did not, be humble and accept their superiority of the period and move on with making the nation we were too primitive at the time to creat. It is this inability to be humble at the right time that is a large part of our problem. Some of your position on humbleness rest primarily on whether or not wealthy individuals regard the poor with respect or swagger arrogantly, what the politician did or did not do, etc, but your humbleness never extends to convening a national reconciliation conferences in which to apologize for historic wrongdoing. Your humbleness needs never encompasses forgiving one another or accepting the superiority of one ethnic group's area of competence over another rather similar to the way tiny African nations arrogantly refuses to accept Nigeria's superiority over them.
Re: R by MightySparrow: 2:07am On May 01, 2017
Nigeria is in a marriage of strange bed fellows. United we fall; divided we succeed.
Re: R by Litmus: 2:27am On May 01, 2017
One of the things that naive Nigerians don't know, blinded by the pumping full of ethnic hatred on this forum to soften and brainwash them, is that many of those eager to see Nigeria break up, IPOB aside, are jealous fellows from other African Nations. Some believe that Nigeria hugs too much development potential and others realize that they have no future unless the map of Africa is redrawn. When the Colonial powers divided Africa up, they did so for their own economic gains. In purely economic terms, the division was uneven, some territories had enormous mineral wealth others not so much. Nigeria Territory was fortunate for the inhabitants. Maybe it is selfish being happy to keep all that potential to oneself, but, hay, the world sucks. Divide Nigeria and there will be another multi-ethnic nation created and at best 50 years set-back. Besides, it is virtually impossible in Africa to create a single ethnic group nation. Even Isoko and Urhobo are not one however much the Urhobos try to encapsulate us in order to swell their population and accrue more political clout.
Re: R by Ikenna0b: 3:40am On May 01, 2017
To be honest, I rather die than bring a child into this world as a Nigerian. Infact I rather my child be a south Sudanese than this shit called Niggeria.

This uselwss, underdeveloped country will divide sooner or later but best believe, I don't see this country lasting another 10 years. Quote me on that
Re: R by orisa37: 5:19am On May 01, 2017
maximilano:
The issue of keeping one Nigeria is fast coming to the front burner and it is essential to know what we want. Kindly drop your reasons for or against the breaking up of Nigeria. No insults or hate speeches.. Please be objective, thanks.

We want Independent 36 States as Foundation for one Nigeria so that The Labours of our Heroes past will never be in Vain.
If the NASS can't achieve this very simple Constitutional Arrangement, they are just being mischievous, vain and lazy.
Re: R by Litmus: 1:07pm On May 01, 2017
Obsessing over Lugard , trying to hoodwink the people like some latter day invincible clothes makers. One would think that right now there are Nations south of the Sahara capable of standing on their own independences without the benefaction of Lugards children of the West. Even India, the name and creation is a misnomer, I've learned, and that actually Pakistan is the more legitimate name for the area. Folks here would, with all seriousness sneer at the name Nigeria for being thought up by a European and yet go on to embrace the name South Africa which is a nothing name. For all the Azania and Mzansi rebranding South Africa remains the name while the others merely serve to confuse. Hell, Mzansi even serves now as nothing more than alternative search word for big-booty-girls Indecency. Shows you priority vis-a-vis how relevant name is in relation to developmental progress.

...indeed, with all the contempt that shows clearly in not even bothering to name a nation properly - with just a careless wave of a white hand hand, walla, SOUTH AFRICA, yet many of you would gladly run over there to live. But you gripe about Lugard naming this place Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity / Did The Igbos See Something In Buhari / BREAKING NEWS: Tinubu Is Dead, Sanwo-olu Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.