Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? (3373 Views)

Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry / Specifications Of The Smartphone That Was Made Just For Hackers / My Infinix Hot Note Is Charging Very Very Slow (a Cry 4 Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? by Davebi(m): 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
Caution! Risk of radiation.
There are health and safety issues to consider. The user manual https://www.hetogrowshop.com/manual and product specification should contain some cautionary notes about charging and bodily contact.

1) You risk exposure to further radiation. But you can reduce this risk if you use earphones. Ordinarily your phone heats up your ears when you use it. Imagine how excited the electromagnetic field gets, with the accompanying radiation, when you charge a battery. You don’t wanna have ear problems when you get older.

2) Another risk to consider is explosion/electrocution. There were several cases of this all over the world between 2014 and 2016. Due to the heat generated it is advised that you
a) do not leave phone under your pillow
b) do not leave phone on your body when in bed and ready to sleep
c) avoid using whilst....https://hetogrow..com/2017/10/is-it-ok-to-use-smartphone-whilst-charging-it.html

Re: Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2017
I know its not okay, but what can a sister do?
Re: Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? by Kondomatic(m): 2:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
MissCuppy:
I know its not okay, but what can a sister do?
Drop it and wait until it's charged.

Whatever you're doing with it can wait
Re: Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
Kondomatic:
Drop it and wait until it's charged.

Whatever you're doing with it can wait
I use power bank when my phone battery is flat, so I get really inpatient.
Re: Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? by Davebi(m): 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
MissCuppy:
I use power bank when my phone battery is flat, so I get really inpatient.

Think about the impact of the additional radiation on your body. You may not see it now but as you get older it will begin to manifest. Remember, we've not actually had mobile phones for long enough to assess and understand the impact on the human body.

Remember also that no part of the human body can really be replaced and feel the same. Ask anyone that has had a tooth pulled or had a serious medical condition. Radiation can also cause incurable diseases like cancer.

So, I totally agree with @Kondomatc ..."it can wait"
Re: Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? by Xhaka(m): 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
When you use a phone that has a very strong battery like the Phonepad 3, you wont have to buy powerbank.
Re: Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? by Darvel(m): 3:49am On Apr 27, 2017
Davebi:
Caution! Risk of radiation.
There are health and safety issues to consider. The user manual https://www.hetogrowshop.com/manual and product specification should contain some cautionary notes about charging and bodily contact.

1) You risk exposure to further radiation. But you can reduce this risk if you use earphones. Ordinarily your phone heats up your ears when you use it. Imagine how excited the electromagnetic field gets, with the accompanying radiation, when you charge a battery. You don’t wanna have ear problems when you get older.

2) Another risk to consider is explosion/electrocution. There were several cases of this all over the world between 2014 and 2016. Due to the heat generated it is advised that you
a) do not leave phone under your pillow
b) do not leave phone on your body when in bed and ready to sleep
c) avoid using whilst....https:///mX63Fv

whats dis one saying... just saying what u dont.. u mean dose photoshop photos.. mtchew.. only matuted minds go Understand.. (the voltage coming from a charger connected to a socket cant even shock... talk less of power bank)... una just hear radiation for d first time ni....
Re: Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? by Techm8: 5:46am On Apr 27, 2017
Darvel:

whats dis one saying... just saying what u dont.. u mean dose photoshop photos.. mtchew.. only matuted minds go Understand.. (the voltage coming from a charger connected to a socket cant even shock... talk less of power bank)... una just hear radiation for d first time ni....
Lol... The thing tire me. Poorly researched articles every where.
Re: Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? by Davebi(m): 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
Techm8:

Lol... The thing tire me. Poorly researched articles every where.

Well, if you guys think its a joke and poorly researched, wait till you start having all manner of sickness, if you are one of those who use phones whilst charging. And if you dont do that then you shouldnt be making statements that may make innocent people out there feel its ok to do that.

If you do use phone like that, then I'll tell you that a word is enough for the wise. Let "had I known" come first! Dont wait till you start having related health issues and begin to disturb God running from one hospital, prayer meeting or spiritual man/woman to the other.

Perhaps both of you should do your own research and tender counter factual evidence to support your seemingly misguided assumption.
Re: Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? by Darvel(m): 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
Davebi:

Well, if you guys think its a joke and poorly researched, wait till you start having all manner of sickness, if you are one of those who use phones whilst charging. And if you dont do that then you shouldnt be making statements that may make innocent people out there feel its ok to do that.

If you do use phone like that, then I'll tell you that a word is enough for the wise. Let "had I known" come first! Dont wait till you start having related health issues and begin to disturb God running from one hospital, prayer meeting or spiritual man/woman to the other.

Perhaps both of you should do your own research and tender counter factual evidence to support your seemingly misguided assumption.

u be correct mumu.... one big mumu of life.... my guy notin like dat.. na pipu like u no dey always turn technology upside down.. ote... u cant even back up ur claim with fact up and down.. u dey call spiritual... u are a very big FOOL....
Re: Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? by Davebi(m): 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
Darvel:

u be correct mumu.... one big mumu of life.... my guy notin like dat.. na pipu like u no dey always turn technology upside down.. ote... u cant even back up ur claim with fact up and down.. u dey call spiritual... u are a very big FOOL....

It will be wise of you not to abuse people.
You have a right to your opinion and I have mine. But you haven't even presented any constructive counter argument yet. All you've done so far is rain abuses. I'm still waiting for your counter argument. And make sure you back it up with the kind of facts you mentioned. Oya, on your maaark!
Re: Is It Ok To Use The Smartphone While It Is Charging With A Power Bank? by OCTAVO: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
Not OK.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Android Apps You Must Have In 2020 (updated) / Whats The Best Tablet Device / Old Flagship Phones Vs New Midrange Phones Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.