Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:04 AM

Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names (48573 Views)

Rivers Women Prevented Soldiers From Entering Ogu/Bolo LGA Secretariat / Justice Chukwujieze Ogu Is Dead! Assassinated By Gunmen (Disturbing Photos) / List Of Towns And Villages In Abuja (FCT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Amarabae(f): 12:35am On Apr 28, 2017
The way some of you Igbo Guys behave here is very very embarrasing! why post this kind of thread when you know the outcome? why don't you guys respect yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by nengibo: 12:55am On Apr 28, 2017
Dedetwo:

I guess it takes one idiot to recognize another. By the way, I grew up among Ijo people and there is nothing about Ijo that needs my attention. There was a time in my life Ijo people mainly dwell in a boat.
E pain am...lol, illiterate that thinks ndoni is in Ogu/bolo

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 28, 2017
Sexina851:

U call that "sarcasm"? Blood of God, u just worsened the case for yourself slowpoke. What u typed can only be classified as sheer ignorance. Like I said befor please ask for a refund from wherever school u went to. Cos the more u talk the more u expose ur dullness. Gud night your dullness
Lol. stupid crazy ass grandfucker also sleep. Well, you've displayed enough dumbness today, rest ur empty brain case housing dose brown dirty teeth. You need a real default resetting. Didinrin
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 1:40am On Apr 28, 2017
nengibo:

E pain am...lol, illiterate that thinks ndon i is in Ogu/bolo

You are worse than illiterate because you do not even know the denotation of the word- illiterate. Besides, I did not the post any list and would not spend any of precious time searching for Ijo communities.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by DrWillie(m): 5:18am On Apr 28, 2017
Dedetwo:

You are a dumbass dingbat for uttering the above crap. Ama is a compound and Ikiri is name of animal. Most dude of the era in discourse use to take names after certain animals such Odum, Agu, Ikiri, Azumiri, Ediabali, Ekee, etc. Go read your recorded event if you even actually know your name. There are many rapscallions from so-called Rivers State who do not know how the word, Kalabari or Ijo, emerged. By the way, there is absolutely nothing Ijo have that Igbo would want to claim.
You my friend is clearly high on cannabis and some infected pu**u juice. Listening to you makes people dumber. You know nothing called self respect. I want to believe that you are a teenager because the level of ignorance you are showing is nothing short of fallacy of hasty generalization. No experience. I was once like you.

Pidarazznii suuukaaa! You are lost to the opposite extreme of intelligence.
Amachree my friend has nothing, I repeat nothing to do with your Igbo crap. Don't come here and spread propaganda for you struggle that will never actualise until you stop claiming others. Those animal crap name you wrote up there were nicknames and common sense should tell you that we share same names for some wild animals. How about the ones that used fish names as nicknames. Because you people don't have those fishes you have no names for them so all the fish names in Ijaw are purely Ijaw.
It's behaviours like this that make Ijaws avoid you guys. Total bu**sh*t!

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by chijiblaze(m): 6:42am On Apr 28, 2017
mordsith:
As obtained from the local government and link below

please give your opinion on the question

http://nigeriazipcodes.com/4361/list-of-towns-and-villages-in-ogubolo-lga/

List of Towns and Villages in Ogu/Bolo LGA
1. Adiai – Obiofu Obi-Ofu

2. Agwe

3. Amuajie

4. Ase – Imonita

5. Ase-Azaga

6. Isara

7. Isiukwa Isi-Ụkwa

8. Ndoni Ndị-Ọnị

9. Oboaso

10. Odugili Ọdụ Ugiri

11. Ogbeogene Ogbe-Ogene

12. Ogu

13. Oniku

14. Owajinobia Ọwa ọjị na Ọbịa

15. Ugbaja Ụgbọ Aja

16. Umuigwe Ụmụ Igwe

17. Umuorieke Ụmụ Orie Eke

18. Utu

number 16 caught my attention

Please help translate the town names

I can't speak igbo

Most of them sound like Igbo. Especially those I've highlighted. e.g.

1. Ofu-Obi/ Obi Ofu = one heart
or Adịghị Anyị Obi Ụfụ = Our hearts aren't pained / We're not jealous.
7. Isi-Ụkwa = Ụkwa (breadfruit) pod
8. Ndị-Ọnị = People of Ọnị, Riverbank People
10. Ọdụ Ugiri = roots of the Ugiri tree
11. Ogbe-Ogene = Place of the metal gong/ Bell
12. Ogu = Prayer, Ọgụ =Twenty, War
14. Ọwa ọjị na Ọbịa = Host and visitor, (Kola nut sharer & visitor)
15. Ụgbọ Aja = vehicle/ boat for sacrifice
16. Ụmụ Igwe = Heaven's children, Children of the Sky (God)
17. Ụmụ Orie Eke = Children of Orie or Eke days, Children of Python Eaters
18. Ụtụ = Tax, Termites ,
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by chijiblaze(m): 7:04am On Apr 28, 2017
RobbStark:

And you think Jaja gave birth to everyone in Opobo rite.
Now I know hw you think.
Wehdone sah

Perhaps not.
But it can't be denied that Jaja couldn't possibly be the only Igbo person living there and involved in the politics of the land at that time.
One reason he was able to gain lots of support was because many of his supporters were of Igbo origin. People whose names and deeds are not so remarkable to be remembered today like Jaja. Even his local political opponents were equally Igbo.
And the people of Opobo today are the descendants of these (Igbo) people.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by nengibo: 7:09am On Apr 28, 2017
Dedetwo:

You are worse than illiterate because you do not even know the denotation of the word- illiterate. Besides, I did the post any list and would not spend any of precious time searching for Ijo communities.
Lol, now I know you are truly an illiterate, Go and hide your face in shame ....useless Ijawphobe
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by LMFashions: 7:28am On Apr 28, 2017
YelloweWest:

tongue we will bear Igbo names and still not be Igbo. Eat your heart out!

ONE NIGERIA!

Then stop wailing when u are called Igbo because that is who U ARE DUDE grin

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Kinematics: 9:07am On Apr 28, 2017
DrWillie:

Don't you ever come here and display your ignorance. Amachree has no connection to Igbo. Amachree is a combination of 'Ama' and 'Kiri'. Ama - town ; Kiri- land.
Don't drag the great Amachree dynasty into your igboid delusion.
You guys never want to learn. We are not the same people. Sharing common words and traditions doesn't make us same. If you have travelled and gotten exposed you should know that people with common boundaries that trade between themselves pick one or two things from each other.

Na wa oh for this Igbo claim claim. You see why you guys will never be welcomed. One foot close to the door and you want to claim the house. Tufiakwa!

Willie gbe! You dey here too
These Ibos just can't leave us alone.
They want to brand us Ibos.
See that Idiot want to teach you your own name. A whole son of Amachree like you, they want to force their ibo aba made version on you.
I wish we could see this idiots face to face in PH.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by DrWillie(m): 9:23am On Apr 28, 2017
Kinematics:

Willie gbe! You dey here too
These Ibos just can't leave us alone.
They want to brand us Ibos.
See that Idiot want to teach you your own name. A whole son of Amachree like you, they want to force their ibo aba made version on you.
I wish we could see this idiots face to face in PH.

Don't mind that buffon. I believe he is a teenager. That doesn't even know his father's house. He wants to be identified with us by force.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Kinematics: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2017
DrWillie:

Don't mind that buffon. I believe he is a teenager. That doesn't even know his father's house. He wants to be identified with us by force.

Somebody in this present age and time will open a thread asking if Ogu-bolo is Ibo.
Delusion of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 9:54am On Apr 28, 2017
LMFashions:

Then stop wailing when u are called Igbo because that is who U ARE DUDE grin
Both my first and surname are English. Dose that make me British??

Come sef, shame no dey catch ona?? Why are you guys making it look like the igbo nation cannot survive without us Rivers state??

Abeg the Igbo I know are strong resilient independent hard working people. Who can create something beautiful out of almost nothing. Stop distracting them!
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by cheruv: 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2017
Kinematics:

Somebody in this present age and time will open a thread asking if Ogu-bolo is Ibo.
Delusion of the highest order.
Its similar to someone claiming ndoki or ubani to be Rukwo... That's level 5 craze undecided
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by DamiBukola: 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2017
Dedetwo:

I guess it takes one idiot to recognize another. By the way, I grew up among Ijo people and there is nothing about Ijo that needs my attention. There was a time in my life Ijo people mainly dwell in a boat.
tell me the part of Ijaw ? the Ondo Ijaw u want to mention are 000.9 % of the Ijaw people, stop vilifying people u know nothing about.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 3:09pm On Apr 28, 2017
YelloweWest:

Both my first and surname are English. Dose that make me British??

Come sef, shame no dey catch ona?? Why are you guys making it look like the igbo nation cannot survive without us Rivers state??

Abeg the Igbo I know are strong resilient independent hard working people. Who can create something beautiful out of almost nothing. Stop distracting them!

It makes you efulefu.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2017
DrWillie:

You my friend is clearly high on cannabis and some infected pu**u juice. Listening to you makes people dumber. You know nothing called self respect. I want to believe that you are a teenager because the level of ignorance you are showing is nothing short of fallacy of hasty generalization. No experience. I was once like you.

Pidarazznii suuukaaa! You are lost to the opposite extreme of intelligence.
Amachree my friend has nothing, I repeat nothing to do with your Igbo crap. Don't come here and spread propaganda for you struggle that will never actualise until you stop claiming others. Those animal crap name you wrote up there were nicknames and common sense should tell you that we share same names for some wild animals. How about the ones that used fish names as nicknames. Because you people don't have those fishes you have no names for them so all the fish names in Ijaw are purely Ijaw.
It's behaviours like this that make Ijaws avoid you guys. Total bu**sh*t!

What has self-respect got to do with simple facts? Amachree is a meaningless phrase by Ijo. Ndigbo absolutely do not need Ijo. Since you joined the Housa, Fulani, Yoruba, Kanuri and others, what have you achieved? If you think that an inconsequential entity is considered part of the great thing to come, you are stupider than I thought.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Sexina851(f): 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
folarinmiles:

Lol. stupid crazy ass grandfucker also sleep. Well, you've displayed enough dumbness today, rest ur empty brain case housing dose brown dirty teeth. You need a real default resetting. Didinrin

I didn't know u also have eye problem, just like u couldn't differentiate tribes u also can't differentiate colors. Men!u have issues boy. Anyway how am I suppose to blame you, u already fried ur brains with ur hair
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Sexina851(f): 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
folarinmiles:

I didn't know u also have eye problem, just like u couldn't differentiate tribes u also can't differentiate colors. Men!u have issues boy. Anyway how am I suppose to blame you, u already fried ur brains with ur hair, werey alasho
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sexina851:

I didn't know u also have eye problem, just like u couldn't differentiate tribes u also can't differentiate colors. Men!u have issues boy. Anyway how am I suppose to blame you, u already fried ur brains with ur hair, werey alasho
Kikiki grin grin grin
I get d were. Fat lips, dirty brow teeth.
See as she tey look. pack red for body like sango, vampire oshi
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Sexina851(f): 6:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
folarinmiles:
Kikiki grin grin grin I get d were. Fat lips, dirty brow teeth. See as she tey look. pack red for body like sango, vampire oshi
You call dis one too English? I give up on you.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by hammer6: 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sexina851:

You call dis one too English? I give up on you.
Slowpoke is out of idea grin grin grin
homo erectus oshi
Ape!
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by nengibo: 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
hammer6:

same source see here.

http://nigeriazipcodes.com/4361/list-of-towns-and-villages-in-ogubolo-lga/
Emeka stop displaying ignorance &
Due some traveling, next time ur oga allows you to leave the shop
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by hammer6: 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
Amarabae:
The way some of you Igbo Guys behave here is very very embarrasing!
why post this kind of thread when you know the outcome?
why don't you guys respect yourselves.

OP is not igbo blame the Afonja mods that rushed it to FP.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Sexina851(f): 7:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
folarinmiles:
Slowpoke is out of idea grin grin grin homo erectus oshi Ape!
Stale
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sexina851:

Stale
Dirty thing
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Sexina851(f): 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
folarinmiles:
Dirty thing
Talking to your mama
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sexina851:

Talking to your mama
Lol. My mom is far better dan u stinking cunt. Dirty, brown toothed vampire
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Sexina851(f): 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
folarinmiles:

Lol. My mom is far better dan u stinking cunt. Dirty, brown toothed vampire

Wow ur mama has a lot of names sha
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sexina851:

Wow ur mama has a lot of names sha
Be bold enough to talk to me directly.
You don't need to show me your dad is a crazy drunk paedophile that got married to she goat, ex-striper, serving olosho, just to give birth to a dirty, brown toothed, pig lipped, blood sucking cunt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Fayose Reacts To Shooting At APC Rally, Blasts Fayemi / Okorocha: 'Igbos Will Lose More If Nigeria Breaks Up' / Activist Harrison Gwamnishu Locates Little Girl Who Showed Support To Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.