Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names (48865 Views)

Rivers Women Prevented Soldiers From Entering Ogu/Bolo LGA Secretariat / Justice Chukwujieze Ogu Is Dead! Assassinated By Gunmen (Disturbing Photos) / List Of Towns And Villages In Abuja (FCT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
napoleon77:

So you are my brother?
100% Sir....
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by lezz(m): 10:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

We married into and married from Igbo. We traded with Igbos and had other relationships.
I don't know exactly how we took on Igbo names but for the mere fact that we say we are not and don't ever want to be Igbo, isn't that enough??

I expect you people to say these are not Igbo communities and not try to claim us by force!
In Delta North, there's a very tiny community , oral history says they emigrated from Yorubaland. They are not up to 1/10th of the population but they speak their dialect and bear names similar to Yoruba despite the prevailing majority of igbo-speaking community in their mist.

So what is your language and names before the Igbo intermingling?

11 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ikechukwuni6:

He's ijaw claiming ikwerre. When caught due to a past comment he made stating that he is ijaw before morphing to Ikwerre, he immediately transformed to Ikwerre/ijaw mixed. The coward is pure ijaw denying his tribe.
I know na ,there are lots of them on this forum grin.Harbringers of disunity and enemies of progress,efulefus.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by master69(m): 10:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
we are from ijaw how comes I never know about all these towns in Ogu/Bolo.....hmmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by leofab(f): 10:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
napoleon77:

Is Ndoni in Ogu Bolo or Okrika? The thread is about Ogu Bolo/Okrika and you claim we are Igbo clans and make a reference to Ndoni?
here is Ndoni in the places named by OP.. so please t me a slack and face your work from home president.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by MultiCEO1: 10:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
you see, you are a regular unintelligent Nigerian that lack debating skills. You just contradicted yourself. You said I have an English name because I may have had relationship with the British. But does it make me a British. Simple, those names are there because the rivers people had a relationship with the ibos. You find more ibos in Rivers State than other ethnic group because of th location. Does this "relationship" make rivers Igbo?? there are loads of individuals with British first name and surnames in Rivers because of the relationship they had with oil explorators... does it make them British. Are you sure you aren't having a mental disorder??

Your tantrums notwithstanding, please, talk about Ijaw and stop centralizing by saying Rivers. Portharcourt is 40-50 % Igbo. The Ikwerre, Etche, Omuma, Obigbo etc, are all in Rivers state and the are all tribes in the igbo nation. stop this Rivers is not Igbo nonsense and talk about Ijaw, which of course is an ethnic group on her own. Igbo stretches from Agbor down to Igweocha (portharcourt.) Now you can show me more of my alleged unintelligence.

7 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by master69(m): 10:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
proudly Okrikans
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by leofab(f): 10:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

Ndoni in Ogu Bolo and ndoni community here odili is from are not the same
okay. Noted.... by the way help me tell Buhari that we didn't vote for a blogger who works from home..

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
lezz:
In Delta North, there's a very tiny community , oral history says they emigrated from Yorubaland. They are not up to 1/10th of the population but they speak their dialect and bear names similar to Yoruba despite the prevailing majority of igbo-speaking community in their mist.

Good question

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Jacyluv(f): 10:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
17 Umuorieke....means..... The Children that eats Python

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by airsaylongcon: 10:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
folarinmiles:
Anywhere afta ondo state in the South is Igbo to me

Typical Yorùbá mentality. And then when it favours Y'all you come and say Itsekiri is Yoruba. When there's a huge number of Yoruba speaking people in Edo state that bear Yoruba names yet Y'all don't acknowledge them as Yoruba. Case in point Tayọ Akpata. Between The boundaries of Yoruba and Igbo there are a vast number of tribes.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 10:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
MultiCEO1:
Igbo is a nation. Ikwerre, Ika, Nkwerre, wawa, Ngwa, etche, Igbere, etc are all tribes in the igbo nation. I am an Igbere man from Abia state. you are Ikwerre from rivers. If you are not Igbo. I am not Igbo. If you claim Ikwerre, then I claim Igbere.
Igbo has over 200 dialects with Abia state alone having more than 30.
A dialect becomes a language if it loses mutual intelligibility with the mother tongue. Ikwerre has not lost that. Igbere has not lost that. That mutual intelligibility in the Igbo language which ensures that an ikwerre man or Igbere man from the interior can fairly understand the 'central Igbo' or the igbo language of a real cosmopolitan city without aid or requiring interpretation even if he can only speak his dialect is what makes and leaves us all Igbo. You can hardly understand my dialect if you ate not from my place. Same with an ikwerre man. But the moment I step down to the central Igbo language, the confusion will be settled. This can't be if an ikwerre, Ibere, igbere, waka or nteje man goes to the north or south.
Meanwhile, Ijaw is Ijaw. Ijaw is not an ethnic group in the Igbo nation, same with many other tribes in old eastern region.

Ikwerre, Nkwerre, Igbere, Ibere are all tribes in the Igbo nation.
I'm Ikwerre. I'm NOT Igbo!

4 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by master69(m): 10:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
Boloniyeoooooo.....yaaaaaaaa
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Iskander2: 10:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
MultiCEO1:
Igbo is a nation. Ikwerre, Ika, Nkwerre, wawa, Ngwa, etche, Igbere, etc are all tribes in the igbo nation. I am an Igbere man from Abia state. you are Ikwerre from rivers. If you are not Igbo. I am not Igbo. If you claim Ikwerre, then I claim Igbere.
A dialect becomes a language if it loses mutual intelligibility with the mother tongue. Ikwerre has not lost that. Igbere has not lost that. That mutual intelligibility in the Igbo language which ensures that an ikwerre man or Igbere man from the interior can fairly understand the 'central Igbo' or the igbo language of a real cosmopolitan city without aid or requiring interpretation even if he can only speak his dialect is what makes and leaves us all Igbo. You can hardly understand my dialect if you ate not from my place. Same with an ikwerre man. But the moment I step down to the central Igbo language, the confusion will be settled. This can't be if an ikwerre, Ibere, igbere, waka or nteje man goes to the north or south.
Meanwhile, Ijaw is Ijaw. Ijaw is not an ethnic group in the Igbo nation, same with many other tribes in old eastern region.

YOU SPOKE WELL.... ALOT OF PEOPLE PLOTING DIVISION AMONGST BRODAS BY CLAIMING SO CALLED 'WE SOUTH SOUTH' WILL BE LEFT DISGRACED AND STRANDED AFTER THE REFEREDUM

4 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
MultiCEO1:

Language alone does not define a Nation... Oga wake from your delusion

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 10:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
lezz:

The ijaws in Rivers have claimed Ndoki and Egbema despite the community saying they aren't ijaws. They equally claim Opobo despite historical evidence such as jaja of opobo as well as an opobo politician claiming igbo.
Likewise they've done the same thing for other ethnic groups land in delta, Akwa ibom,, cross rivers,,etc.
Therefore, do not be surprised if ogu-bolo ended up not being ijaw.
Right now, I'm waiting for someone to provide evidence from the community in question saYing they are,Ijaws before I believe this people claims.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by misano(m): 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

We married into and married from Igbo. We traded with Igbos and had other relationships.
I don't know exactly how we took on Igbo names but for the mere fact that we say we are not and don't ever want to be Igbo, isn't that enough??

I expect you people to say these are not Igbo communities and not try to claim us by force!

These Igbos should stop claiming other people's lands. Is this how they want 2 actualize Biafra. Na dream dem they. One Igbo guy was telling me that Edo is an Igbo state. Wat da f**k.

8 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
MultiCEO1:

Your tantrums notwithstanding, please, talk about Ijaw and stop centralizing by saying Rivers. Portharcourt is 40-50 % Igbo. The Ikwerre, Etche, Omuma, Obigbo etc, are all in Rivers state and the are all tribes in the igbo nation. stop this Rivers is not Igbo nonsense and talk about Ijaw, which of course is an ethnic group on her own. Igbo stretches from Agbor down to Igweocha (portharcourt.) Now you can show me more of my alleged unintelligence.
that a sect speak Igbo dialect does not make them IGBO. Language is not an only factor.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 10:23pm On Apr 26, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

I know na ,there are lots of them on this forum grin.Harbringers of disunity and enemies of progress,efulefus.

I know.

Ethnic morphing left and right on forums.
I won't be surprised of he turns to another ethnic group next year.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by HarryDuce(m): 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
leofab:
there is no Ndoni LGA, it's ONELGA.
Lol... Suite yourself.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Typical Yorùbá mentality. And then when it favours Y'all you come and say Itsekiri is Yoruba. When there's a huge number of Yoruba speaking people in Edo state that bear Yoruba names yet Y'all don't acknowledge them as Yoruba. Case in point Tayọ Akpata. Between The boundaries of Yoruba and Igbo there are a vast number of tribes.
how I see it bro.
Why no mind ur own and leave me with my Yoruba mentality
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
lezz:

Look you guys need to drop this history shìt and deal with the present. After all its not my ancestors that might have migrated from Igbo land that will vote in the referendum!!!
I don't care what names we bare or where we migrated from, the present day Ijaw, Ikwerre, Etche, omuma Oyigbo man etc from rivers state all in one voice or at least the overwhelming majority say they are NOT Igbos! That's what counts! If you want to keep tracing roots pls take it all the way back to the time of Adam and Eve!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Iskander2: 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
MultiCEO1:

THEY ARE FREAKING OUT THAT THEIR PILES OF LIES ARE CRASHING

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
lezz:
Of course rivers isn't Igbo because Ijaw is there as indigenes as well.

Stop speaking in general terms. The only reasons Africa beer names are cultural roots and colonisation.
so people that bear Rotimi, Tobi in Rivers have their roots to yoruba I guess

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ikechukwuni6:

I know.

Ethnic morphing left and right on forums.
I won't be surprised of he turns to another ethnic group next year.
They change ethnicities like chamaleons.
I wonder what sort of genetic dysfunction that is!!

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 10:27pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

Look you guys need to drop this history shìt and deal with the present. After all its not my ancestors that might have migrated from Igbo land that will vote in the referendum!!!
I don't care what names we bare or where we migrated from, the present day Ijaw, Ikwerre, Etche, omuma Oyigbo man etc from rivers state all in one voice or at least the overwhelming majority say they are NOT Igbos! That's what counts! If you want to keep tracing roots pls take it all the way back to the time of Adam and Eve!

Oyigbo and etche says they aren't Igbo. Yet oyigbo is asking to be moved back to Abia State due to the fact they want to be in an igbo dominated area. Likewise Etche maintains they are igbo.

Tell us something we would believe ijaw turned to Ikwerre turned to ijaw/Ikwerre when caught on his attache by force.

8 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by rezzy: 10:27pm On Apr 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Andoni is Ijaw, they are both in Rivers and Akwa Ibom states NOT cross River

OK, maybe I forgot the state she told me, thanks
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by 2point5: 10:27pm On Apr 26, 2017
All those villages listed are in Ndoni axis of Onelga, Rivers State. They speak Ndokwa/Ndoni and are one and the same with Ndokwa people in Delta State, as they have been shared between Delta and Rivers State.

We are igboid, from the Niger Delta. So if yhu call us igbos, yhu r correct, if yhu say we are not, yhu r also correct. I personally don't have an issue with being igbo, don't just force it and tell me how we migrated from nri or warefa

Barcanista, I am surprised you don't even know the villages in ogu/bolo as yhu couldn't point out the mistake but throw "we are ijaws mantra again", are you sure you are from okrika sef?

9 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 10:28pm On Apr 26, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

It's not !!its a valid question,not everyone is familiar with people and their cultures.The names sound Igbo so what's wrong in asking whether the pple are recognized as Igbo or not ??
You guys always attach tribal issues to everything and let it becloud ur sense of reasoning .i taya for this forum angry
OK. Ogubolo is Okirika is 100% Ijaw.

I hope you are satisfied cos this is the simple truth
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

No wonder you guys are so confused.
A man who doesn't know where he's from will never know where he is going.Take a cue from the Itshekiris .
Y'all can claim to fall from the sky if that makes you feel good.No one cares.

8 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by MultiCEO1: 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
Language alone does not define a Nation... Oga wake from your delusion

Your insult not withstanding, Language is the most and strongest factor that determines a nation. Everything else follows from there. There may be similarities in culture and the rest, language still is and remains the strongest factor that determines who's who and who's from where. Little wonder God's response to man's challenging brotherhood and oneness in babel was to confuse man's language, hence racism, ethnicity, tribalism. He didn't touch their culture or customs. He confused there language because language is the carrier of a people's identity, customs and culture. Ikwerre in rivers state, Igbere/Ibere both in Abia state and Nkwerre in Imo state, are all Igbo.

If Ikwerre says he is not Igbo. I from Igbere is not also Igbo. Then let's see who is Igbo. The marauding Fulani herdsmen can differentiate this, I hope. Put them on notice.

9 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

They change ethnicities like chamaleons.
I wonder what sort of genetic dysfunction that is!!

He goes by the name YelloweWest. That should tell you the guy has,no balls.

Cowardness that's what he is!!!!

They have a genetic disposition of cowardNess. I wonder what group he'll become next. Quote me in the next two weeks, he'll morph to ndoki.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie, Datti Baba-Ahmed Join Obi At PEPC / Femi Fani-Kayode: Toyin Lawani’s Nun Costume Is Evil, Disgusting, Ghetto Rubbish / Suleiman Aliyu Lere Is Dead (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.