Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? (19504 Views)

Production Of 4-6weeks Noilers / CBN To Launch N10 Billion Fund For Egg Production / 9 Weeks Old Noilers For Sale In Ibandan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by kayo80(m): 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
I want to know if female Noilers are good for egg production compared to the normal pullets/layers we know. Has anyone had success with them? How many eggs does a female Noiler lay per week? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2017
Had 8 noilers for 5 weeks (17-22 week) and got average of 7 eggs a day. Thats about 87.5% production.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by kayo80(m): 11:58am On Apr 27, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Had 8 noilers for 5 weeks (17-22 week) and got average of 7 eggs a day. Thats about 87.5% production.

That's good. What was the size of the eggs? And what did you feed them from day old to that point? Also, when did they start laying eggs?
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by kayo80(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
Na wa o! No other comments? I guess people aren't still into Noilers.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
kayo80:

That's good. What was the size of the eggs? And what did you feed them from day old to that point? Also, when did they start laying eggs?

Started laying at 17 weeks but the egg size was small for about a week. The eggs are a little on the big size

Recommended feed is Chick Mash 0-8 weeks and Grower after 8 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by Nobody: 2:41am On Apr 28, 2017
I don't know anything about this but I wish you good luck.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by kayo80(m): 9:53am On Apr 28, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Started laying at 17 weeks but the egg size was small for about a week. The eggs are a little on the big size

Recommended feed is Chick Mash 0-8 weeks and Grower after 8 weeks.

Okay. Chick mash is same thing as starter feed, right?
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 28, 2017
kayo80:

Okay. Chick mash is same thing as starter feed, right?
No
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by kayo80(m): 11:27am On Apr 28, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

No

Hmm! Okay. I will ask.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by kayo80(m): 11:27am On Apr 28, 2017
NotOfThis:
I don't know anything about this but I wish you good luck.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by emmybiz(m): 8:59pm On Apr 28, 2017
Am into broiler production but want to invest on noiler .Please, how long does it take noiler to mature for table size
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by kayo80(m): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
emmybiz:
Am into broiler production but want to invest on noiler .Please, how long does it take noiler to mature for table size

3-4 months for the males. But the issue is that a box usually contains 25 males and 25 females, and the females are like pullets/layers, and you can't sell them at the price you would sell the males.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
emmybiz:
Don't try it. Its not good for quick returns

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by NewDelhi(m): 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

Don't try it. Its not good for quick returns

Are noilers good for egg production. ? I have a mini farm in my compound. 23 noilers and they are 8 months old. I get an average of 8 eggs a day. Is it normal or a terrible return. And what breed is the best for egg production. Thanks.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by brain54(m): 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2020
NewDelhi:

Are noilers good for egg production. ? I have a mini farm in my compound. 23 noilers and they are 8 months old. I get an average of 8 eggs a day. Is it normal or a terrible return. And what breed is the best for egg production. Thanks.
are the 23 all female noilers? noilers come in both male and females per carton...the number of females out of the 23 would determine if your 8 eggs per day is a terrible return or not...because the males might be more!

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by NewDelhi(m): 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2020
brain54:

are the 23 all female noilers? noilers come in both male and females per carton...the number of females out of the 23 would determine if your 8 eggs per day is a terrible return or not...because the males might be more!

They are all females.. I've sorted them out. Like I said they are almost 8 months old. Infact today they laid just two. There was a time I was getting 13-14 for like 4 days . I thought they would even improve on that
but they didn't.
I'm just using this to test run.

Poultry no be am at all. How do you people make gains from it.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by brain54(m): 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2020
NewDelhi:

They are all females.. I've sorted them out. Like I said they are almost 8 months old. Infact today they laid just two. There was a time I was getting 13-14 for like 4 days . I thought they would even improve on that
but they didn't.
I'm just using this to test run.

Poultry no be am at all. How do you people make gains from it.
then that's a terrible return...I advice you go for layers if you intend going into egg production... noilers are hardy birds mainly used as meat producers not egg production.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by NewDelhi(m): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2020
brain54:

then that's a terrible return...I advice you go for layers if you intend going into egg production... noilers are hardy birds mainly used as meat producers not egg production.
What breed exactly do u suggest?
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by brain54(m): 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
brain54:

then that's a terrible return...I advice you go for layers/pullets if you intend going into egg production... noilers are hardy birds mainly used as meat producers not egg producers.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by brain54(m): 7:10pm On Jul 28, 2020
NewDelhi:
What breed exactly do u suggest?
you can go for Isa brown layers...you can get those from CHI hatchery.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by NewDelhi(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
brain54:

you can go for Isa brown layers...you can get those from CHI hatchery.
Thanks so much
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by kayo80(m): 8:49am On Aug 02, 2020
brain54:

23 and only 8 eggs a day? That's not cool. Even though female Noilers don't lay as good as the normal Issa brown or black layer, they never did this before when I was using them. At least from the 25 I had at the time, I was getting 20-21 eggs daily. Maybe you didn't feed them well from the beginning. Did you feed them starter for 8 weeks straight from day old?

Anyway, that's in the past now. For business, it is always advsable to go for Issa brown.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by brain54(m): 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2020
kayo80:

23 and only 8 eggs a day? That's not cool. Even though female Noilers don't lay as good as the normal Issa brown or black layer, they never did this before when I was using them. At least from the 25 I had at the time, I was getting 20-21 eggs daily. Maybe you didn't feed them well from the beginning. Did you feed them starter for 8 weeks straight from day old?

Anyway, that's in the past now. For business, it is always advsable to go for Issa brown.
I think you quoted the wrong person sir.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by kayo80(m): 12:35am On Aug 03, 2020
brain54:

I think you quoted the wrong person sir.

Oops! Sorry
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by kayo80(m): 12:36am On Aug 03, 2020
NewDelhi:

Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by safarifarms(m): 10:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
Will 25 Issa Brown (Layer) birds produce more than 21 eggs a day?
kayo80:

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by brain54(m): 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
safarifarms:
25 layers should give you about 21eggs daily...
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by safarifarms(m): 2:25am On Sep 25, 2020
So in summary noiler and layer hens would perform equally ok. I'm now wondering why the layers is recommended over noiler when they perform equally well. What advantage does the layer birds have over noiler? If noiler hens can produce equal number of eggs, shouldn't they be preferred considering that they are more hardy than layer birds and if you want to free range, they will be able to scavenge/forage better than layers?
brain54:

25 layers should give you about 21eggs daily...
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by kayo80(m): 7:37am On Sep 25, 2020
safarifarms:

Yes
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by safarifarms(m): 9:56am On Sep 25, 2020
kayo80:

Yes
Ok. In my curriousity I had asked this same question on a WhatsApp group where there are people who are experienced with noiler and they confirmed that 25 can lay 21 eggs a day but that they will individually have break periods of several weeks where they individually won't lay eggs. So the person added that they can't really compete with layers when talking about commercial egg production. What's your take on that?
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by kayo80(m): 10:28am On Sep 25, 2020
safarifarms:

Ok. In my curriousity I had asked this same question on a WhatsApp group where there are people who are experienced with noiler and they confirmed that 25 can lay 21 eggs a day but that they will individually have break periods of several weeks where they individually won't lay eggs. So the person added that they can't really compete with layers when talking about commercial egg production. What's your take on that?

Wait...back up a bit. You asked if Issa Brown layers would lay 21 eggs daily, and I said yes. Now it seems you are talking about Noilers. Please be specific.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success Using Female Noilers For Egg Production? by safarifarms(m): 11:01am On Sep 25, 2020
kayo80:

I'm not trying to be mischievous. I'm trying to learn more about noiler birds and the topic was about noiler. The bolded part got my attention and prompted my initial question. I was curious about what makes layers to be preferred over noiler if they lay about the same number of eggs. I got idea of noiler laying the same as layers from the bolded and your response to my earlier question.

I just noted now that your response implies they lay more. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quality land Clearing, plowing and harrowing / 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard / Ducklings For Sale...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.