Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents (28576 Views)

How To Access The N50billion CBN COVID-19 Loan / How I Recieved An Instant Loan Of Over N1m Without Going To The Bank / Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by toniro(m): 4:50am On Apr 28, 2017
klifeomg:

My dads balance is less than 600k in one of his accounts but the pension fund is still paying cos I have access to his atm card,are you saying I will require less documentations?

Just visit the bank.its nt cumbersome realy to get the fund frankly just a docunent tin. Loa, etc.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by AleeDee(m): 5:21am On Apr 28, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
he/she needs letter of administration from high court,get a lawyer,death certificate & consent of all the children/siblings

Dats kerekt info. My frnd's dad died last year nd was given d same info bt d bank nd court frustrated him. All he did was to download d android app of d bank, register his dad's accnt thru d sms dey snt to his dad's accnt phone no den transferred all d amount bit by bit into his own accnt. D korekt guy no go bank again. P.S, he was also d next of kin
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:56am On Apr 28, 2017
AleeDee:

Dats kerekt info. My frnd's dad died last year nd was given d same info bt d bank nd court frustrated him. All he did was to download d android app of d bank, register his dad's accnt thru d sms dey snt to his dad's accnt phone no den transferred all d amount bit by bit into his own accnt. D korekt guy no go bank again. P.S, he was also d next of kin
processing takes time,your friend was impatient, as long as the information doesn't get to bank,he is free from jail. Thats stealing, dead men dont transfer money. He might serve his term in future when expose.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by empressteemah06(f): 8:30am On Aug 18, 2017
klifeomg:

My dads balance is less than 600k in one of his accounts but the pension fund is still paying cos I have access to his atm card,are you saying I will require less documentations?
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by empressteemah06(f): 8:30am On Aug 18, 2017
klifeomg:

cant access the gmail associated with this account
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by airminem(f): 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2017
Austin234:
I can relate to this. I lost my belove mum in 2015. After the burial, I initiated a process to recover her depisite in UBA and succeeded.

Only @ the probate division of any state high court u can process this. They usually charge processing fee and other fees to this effect. They equally charge btw 15 percent and 20 percent of the bank deposite as part of their processing fees. The end product of the whole excercise is to obtain a letter of administration duly signed by the state chief judge

U may wish to pm me for more details

Just came across your reply. i will get back to you ASAP for asistance.
Thank You
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by lanreunlimited(m): 12:21am On Nov 16, 2018
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by kowema(f): 9:12am On Nov 27, 2018
YOUNGKAHUNA:
getting a letter of administration from high court isn't a fewdays thing. It took me 3 months plus to get it. A letter of administration stands in place of a will. That is if the deceased doesn't have one. It contains the details of next of kin. There'll also be a public notice of the deceased in a national newspaper which you have to pay for.. No you don't need a lawyer cause I can't remember hiring one

Hi, pls I need more info on this. Trying to process for my late dad
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by kowema(f): 9:13am On Nov 27, 2018
Tycike:
Make sure you back date the death certificate of your parents. Cos any money credited to their account after their death will not be given to you, new central bank policy.I am have same issue.

Hi, pls I need more info on this
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by kowema(f): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2018
Tycike:
forward date the date certificate from national population commission to show that all the funds in your dads account was there b4 he passed away. Example say your dad died 1/1/2016 and he's office payed him for four months after he died, when you go to npc, tell them he died 1/5/2016. If you don't do it this way, u only get what was there b4 he passed away.

Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Tycike: 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
kowema:

what do you want to know?
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Rettasworld: 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2021
What if am not the the next of kin, and my dad used the account to receive monthly pension before he died

Please how can I unfreeze it
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Rettasworld: 2:37pm On Jan 14, 2021
Please can u help me too my dad's uba account was frozed after withdrawing such amount of money for his burial

I don't know who the next of kin is, and he still receives his monthly pension there

Austin234:
I can relate to this. I lost my belove mum in 2015. After the burial, I initiated a process to recover her depisite in UBA and succeeded.

Only @ the probate division of any state high court u can process this. They usually charge processing fee and other fees to this effect. They equally charge btw 15 percent and 20 percent of the bank deposite as part of their processing fees. The end product of the whole excercise is to obtain a letter of administration duly signed by the state chief judge

U may wish to pm me for more details

Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Austin234(m): 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
Just go to state high court and initiate a process to that effect.

Good luck

Rettasworld:
Please can u help me too my dad's uba account was frozed after withdrawing such amount of money for his burial

I don't know who the next of kin is, and he still receives his monthly pension there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Elon Musk Hires New Female CEO For Twitter / Why Are Nigerian Banks Not Using The Credit Card System Like Other Countries? / Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.