Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister (8054 Views)

COVID-19: 14 New Cases test positive, 1 Discharged Today. Toll Now 65 / Nigeria Confirms Two New Cases Of Coronavirus, Toll Now 46 / Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by Udmaster(m): 8:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
Queenlas:
Have always visited here as guest jus decided to register atleast to be able to write this
I see ways by which tribalism comes to play in this forum and I wonder if mods are doing anything to curb these
At slightest opportunity what u hear is, it's them the IPOB, Afonja or the Fulani's, all sorts of things and ave always SMH cus only if they know what pictures u are painting to the outsiders Abt ur country(cus am sure foreigners also visit here)
I'm a Yoruba and my partner is from the East n I must tell u I ave never regretted this, same with many other people whose relationship wt d neighboring tribe had brought them good luck.
Mind you ave experienced betrayal from relating with friends from d other side but I believe it not about wia they come from, its just a thing of being human
I understand poverty can be detrimental cus most people that engage in this are those who might be economically unstable or unemployed, cus as a matter of fact if you are the industrious type you will realize that progress is all about collectivity irrespective of differences. Treat everyone with love and u will be surprised by growth that will come ur way
#weallneedEachother
N mind you sensible Nigerians love themselves

you are beautiful. Is that you in the pics?
Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by awoo47: 8:32pm On Apr 26, 2017
Queenlas:
Have always visited here as guest jus decided to register atleast to be able to write this
I see ways by which tribalism comes to play in this forum and I wonder if mods are doing anything to curb these
At slightest opportunity what u hear is, it's them the IPOB, Afonja or the Fulani's, all sorts of things and ave always SMH cus only if they know what pictures u are painting to the outsiders Abt ur country(cus am sure foreigners also visit here)
I'm a Yoruba and my partner is from the East n I must tell u I ave never regretted this, same with many other people whose relationship wt d neighboring tribe had brought them good luck.
Mind you ave experienced betrayal from relating with friends from d other side but I believe it not about wia they come from, its just a thing of being human
I understand poverty can be detrimental cus most people that engage in this are those who might be economically unstable or unemployed, cus as a matter of fact if you are the industrious type you will realize that progress is all about collectivity irrespective of differences. Treat everyone with love and u will be surprised by growth that will come ur way
#weallneedEachother

i for tear u hot slap but u fyn undecided mk i no spoil our afonja beauty cool
Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by proudlyYoruba(m): 8:38pm On Apr 26, 2017
Queenlas:
#weallneedEachother

you know when adults comment not some secondary school kids
Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by Horus(m): 8:43pm On Apr 26, 2017
Meningitis is contagious. Prolonged close contact can spread the bacteria that cause meningitis. The bacteria can be spread through kissing, coughs and sneezes, shared cutlery, or sharing items like toothbrushes or cigarettes.
Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by yertyr(m): 8:44pm On Apr 26, 2017
willibounce1:

Some of us just do it for fun. It's really interesting. Don't take most of the hate comments serious
And thats the silly thing to it... some do it for fun others do not.
And amazingly it's creeping into the society even at work places
It beats me why sean has failed to do something about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by mikeycharles(m): 8:44pm On Apr 26, 2017
system21:
Buhari government is disgraceful. Thank God ebora did not come during this useless administration, Nigeria 4 hear am
ebora ke undecided
Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 26, 2017
Queenlas:
#weallneedEachother

Your comment deserve more than a thousand likes.

Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by ProfDumbledor(m): 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
247frolicboss:
The death toll of a meningitis outbreak in Nigeria has reached 813 sixteen weeks after it started.

Nigeria's Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole, who made the revelation on Wednesday in Abuja, said the disease is now spreading more slowly.

“As of yesterday (Tuesday), the number of deaths stood at 813”, he said after the presidential meeting cabinet meeting, adding however, “As of now, we are also noticing a decline”.

“This is week 16. This is also expected because we are moving away from the active season. We are confident that in the next couple of weeks everything will be over.”

SOURCE: http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/04/nigerias-meningitis-death-toll-now-813.html

This happens when u have an incompetent old classroom Prof- who is good at dissmising other people's research outcome -as your health minister

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by Vivian16: 9:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
Nawao, thank God this admin was not in power during ebola

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by GreatMahmud: 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2017
Truth be told, the performance of this minister of health is far far below average. His unpopularity and mediocrity amazes me if really he understands the burden and management of disease outbreak!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by goziedave(m): 11:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
APC shey you do us juju, and we dey feel the juju........ If as a clueless president GEJ was able to deploy his army (then minister of health) to combat Ebola, buhari I think you said you can do better shey?? Oya na, How far na? Fight these meningitis na

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by naijamerican: 6:06am On Apr 27, 2017
Normality:
816 dead from a preventable outbreak and no outcry?
There was a news about how the men in charge of the vaccines stole them, and the rest they were selling at N1000 to people.

And one efulefu was telling telling me how Igbo people are greedy and selfish, how Hausa love each other, I just asked him why wouldn't Hausa love themselves when they steal ordinary vaccines meant to save lives of their people and divert food meant for IDPs.
That kind of love is stronger that Jesus own indeed.
What a brotherly love.

Meningitis vaccines reportedly stolen in Zamfara state

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/04/meningitis-vaccines-reportedly-stolen.html?m=1

Wow. According to this forum i thought it was only igbo people that committed crime in Nigeria! You learn something new everyday!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by eodavids(m): 7:07am On Apr 27, 2017
NIRALANDERS HAVE NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEEGED THAT THIS PRESS RELEASE FROM THE PROF. MINISTER DENOTES BUT THE OFFICIAL FIGURE WHICH....
Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by omoharry(f): 7:31am On Apr 27, 2017
system21:
Buhari government is disgraceful. Thank God ebora did not come during this useless administration, Nigeria 4 hear am
during Ebola period APC were busy running their mouth on how PDP would have failed if not not for their effort.. now them dey power , ordinary disease that is preventable could not be handled.. what an incompetent party.. the only thing they know how to do is to play to the gallery and use propaganda over things they cannot even achieve. shame.
Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by donodion(m): 10:30am On Apr 27, 2017
No matter how much the Ministry of Health twist the story surrounding the outbreak and the mortality rate, it's colossal embarrassment to the nation's health ministry.

This is a preventive disease, period.
Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by EagleScribes: 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
PREVENT MENINGITIS FROM REACHING YOU!!!
Meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. Meningitis is curable, but can result to death in as little as a few hours after infection.
SYMPTOMS
*Stiffness in the neck and back
*High fever, vomiting and constipation are the main symptoms.
*Inability to face light, drowsiness.
*Skin rash and spots
PREVENTION/TREATMENT
1) Forever Garlic-Thyme: Garlic contains powerful antioxidants that have both antiviral and antibacterial properties. For someone suffering from meningitis, the odds of eliminating the infection with it (or preventing it before it ever happens) are much greater. When combined with thyme, the benefit doubles. Thyme contains tannin, phenol and thymol apart from other antioxidant substances. These help to protect our cells from the damaging effects of free radicals that we are exposed to daily.
2) Forever Gin-Chia: This contains two ancient herbs: golden chia from the West and ginseng from the East, combined to create a modern miracle. Ginseng is legendary as a tonic and a potent antioxidant. Forever Gin-Chia Tablet works by blocking the damage caused by free radicals thus heals wounds; curing weakening of bones and for better absorption; restoring and enhancing the normal well-being; improving psychological and immunal functions. Let this powerful combination of herbs give your body back what your busy lifestyle takes out!
3) Field of Greens: Chlorophyll is the 'green blood' of all plant life and has a chemical structure very similar to haemoglobin, our own red blood molecules. Chlorophyll carries oxygen around the blood supply and builds the red blood cell count. It cleanses and purifies the blood stream. It is a superb natural remedy for prevention and recovery from Meningitis.
4) Forever Absorbent C Tablet works for the treatment of various ailments; inhibiting induction or promotion stage of meningitis development; providing antimutagenic and antigenotoxic effects
OTHER TIPS OF TREATMENT
*Have complete bed rest
*Cold compresses should be applied to the head or cold pack maybe applied to the whole body. The pack should be renewed after every 3 hours and should be kept for an hour. Hot water bottles should be applied to the sides of the body and feet.
*Personal hygiene is very important
*Diluted orange juice should be given several times daily, for few days.
*The patient should be given liquid foods and juicy fruits till the temperature of the body come down to normal.
Take Action now! Call/sms/whatsapp 08053171493 immediately to order
Delivery available nationwide. Few items available
Please share this message to save a life
Re: Nigeria's Meningitis Death Toll Now 813- Health Minister by 1Rebel: 1:02am On Apr 28, 2017
Queenlas:
#weallneedEachother

Fvck off

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Things You Should Start Doing To Live Longer / Health Benefits Of Cameroon Pepper / NAFDAC Alerts Public On Sale Of Counterfeit TANDAK Injection In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.