Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth (5602 Views)

11 Most Intelligent Animals / 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth / Let's Talk About Animals On Our Planet(Photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Onyenna(m): 10:14am On Apr 27, 2017
galadima77:
So snake no dey amongst intelligent animals?

Lala right now...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by greatjoshy(m): 10:42am On Apr 27, 2017
thanks for sharing!! this is soooo educative and informative!!
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by BermudaTriangle(m): 10:58am On Apr 27, 2017
Ishilove:
Op you should have added the source link.

I believe the rat analysis because the ones in my place avoid rat gum whenever one of them gets caught.

Ditto for mine rat neighbours. They display this uncanny attitude of avoiding baits containing a specific type of poison after a number of them have fallen victim. They simply ignore it. I marvel at them

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by BermudaTriangle(m): 11:03am On Apr 27, 2017
refiner:
I can vouch for those rats...

They have learnt how to jump like a pro with my rat trap...and they have learnt to control their longer throat cos even tho i pour all my crayfish and tomatoes in that trap,they will ignore it...or i dunno if they have changed diet... angry

No. No change of diet. They act same way in my place. Once a particular poison has killed some of them, the survivors will avoid it thenceforth. It beats my immagination.
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by EBUBS(m): 11:51am On Apr 27, 2017
so tortoise is not on the list... used to think that's the wisest animal grin grin
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Olu317(m): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
MayhorE:

thank you very much but that'll be next time.
Should be changed to human bah?
No, because it is DOLPHIN
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Olu317(m): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
joshysmartie:

you know myth busters?... the 10% of the brain stuff is busted...

some facts arent actually facts...
Come off it. Read carefully before you send stuff online. Do you know the meaning of “less than"?
Funny dude.

Enjoy your day.
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Olu317(m): 1:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
ahza:

Because it uses 18-20% of its brain doesnt make it smarter than human beings does it? Neither does it make it smarter than other animals it all depends on the brain capacity. I mean that a dolphin has to get to 18-20% for it to do what it does but other smart animals don't need to go that far. Kabish? smiley
Whatever you like, you can go ahead and infer. When you are ready, you will swallow your pride and accept the reality as far as science is concerned.

If you have evidence that scientists have shown that other animals are the most intelligent. Kindly send or LEARN NEW THING.
The @OP, has given you some facts about Dolphin and its ability but only miss the part its prowess as being the most intelligent animal.
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by MayhorE(m): 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
Olu317:
No, because it is DOLPHIN
BT it made the list
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Olu317(m): 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
MayhorE:

BT it made the list
Yeah it did. But giving the right positioning, was my demand. You cant mention JUSTIN GATLIN ahead of USAIN BOLT,Can you do such mistake?

I like proper arrangement because,every information that has to do with verification need coordination and accuracy. Opinion is quite different from Fact. And many digest information on here because it is a fora, where information can be accessed.

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by MayhorE(m): 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
Olu317:
Yeah it did. But giving the right positioning, was my demand. You cant mention JUSTIN GATLIN ahead of USAIN BOLT,Can you do such mistake?

I like proper arrangement because,every information that has to do with verification need coordination and accuracy. Opinion is quite different from Fact. And many digest information on here because it is a fora, where information can be accessed.

alright thank u sir
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Olu317(m): 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
MayhorE:

alright thank u sir
God bless your effort

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by odogwu2007(m): 8:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
ademoladeji:
What about Fish n Goat?
they are good for pepper soup

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by omofela85(m): 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
please genius in the house that lives around egbeda in lagos state. How many kilometers is egbeda to iyana ipaja in lagos state
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Olu317:
Come off it. Read carefully before you send stuff online. Do you know the meaning of “less than"?
Funny dude.

Enjoy your day.

jokes on you.. its proven... its way more than... not less than...

guys self... quick to defend their idiocracy...
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by medolab90(m): 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nice. would have been better with pics
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by doubleZ88(m): 3:45am On Apr 28, 2017
hw about d king cobra??
not only is it d largest and longest venomous snake in d world but d most intelligent of d snake species. despite it's deadly features, it's d only snake known to shy away from humans and only attacks when threatened.

pls do a research and throw more light.
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Olu317(m): 6:24am On Apr 28, 2017
joshysmartie:

jokes on you.. its proven... its way more than... not less than...

guys self... quick to defend their idiocracy...
I had thought this guy was joking but you seem serious. Now, it is OBVIOUS, YOU ARE STILL WAY BACKWARD AND NOT STUDIOUS. I CAN'T ENGAGE SOMEONE LIKE On this matter SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU QUOTED ME. WHO IS THE MAN THAT HAS SURPASSED MORE THAN 10% ? DO YOU THINK I COME ONLINE TO SHOW KNOWLEDGE PROWESS? EITHER YOU REPLY ME OR NOT, I WON'T ENGAGE YOU AGAIN ON THIS MATTER .

I AM HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED READING THIS KIND OF OPINION.

LAUGHING SERIOUSLY. Piece of advice, kindly study more.

Excusez moi
au revoir
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 28, 2017
Olu317:
I had thought this guy was joking but you seem serious. Now, it is OBVIOUS, YOU ARE STILL WAY BACKWARD AND NOT STUDIOUS. I CAN'T ENGAGE SOMEONE LIKE On this matter SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU QUOTED ME. WHO IS THE MAN THAT HAS SURPASSED MORE THAN 10% ? DO YOU THINK I COME ONLINE TO SHOW KNOWLEDGE PROWESS? EITHER YOU REPLY ME OR NOT, I WON'T ENGAGE YOU AGAIN ON THIS MATTER .

Excusez moi
au revoir

idot... something that has been tested and debunked... you self... jokes on you for all i care.. who is backward now...

abeg take ur ignorance away...

did u see any test that says less than... cox ave seen that you use more than and its proven...

10% of the brain is a debunked myth... im sorry... see how he is defending stupidity with foul words... didirin ode olodo... useless human bin...

wallai i feel like koncking sense into ur empty cranium... useless child..
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 28, 2017
Olu317:

Excusez moi
au revoir

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-we-really-use-only-10/

http://bigthink.com/ideafeed/you-use-all-of-your-brain-debunking-the-10-brain-myth

https://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html

again thunder will fire u and ur ignorance the next u insult me... stupid boi
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Olu317(m): 9:13am On Apr 28, 2017
Lies lies lies lies was all I read. I don't belong to your league. Where did any proof Show that humans can use more than 10%? All I saw was critics with ABSOLUTE NOTHING TO OFFER TO THEIR CRITICISM.
And here is a man who rant on the internet simply because of access to a fora like this.

Anyway, I chose to refrain myself in engaging a toddler anymore.

I tsktsk, this lazy pseudo intelligent personified.

Je vous salue souris
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 28, 2017
Olu317:
Lies lies lies lies was all I read. I don't belong to your league. Where did any proof Show that humans can use more than 10%? All I saw was critics with ABSOLUTE NOTHING TO OFFER TO THEIR CRITICISM.
And here is a man who rant on the internet simply because of access to a fora like this.

Anyway, I chose to refrain myself in engaging a toddler anymore.

I tsktsk, this lazy pseudo intelligent personified.

Je vous salue souris

the extent man would go to defend childhood knowledge...

just so u know... i watched a guy who had some brain activity reading stuffs on his head... when he was carrying out no activity... some areas of his brain lit up to show the brain is actually doing work.. which was more than 10%...

before he was given some brain challenge that futher increased the %age usage...

u know why i still reply? its cox jokes on u and u dont know it...

goodbie ignoramus....
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 28, 2017
as expected the idiot is into culture and religion...

people that would kill to preserve their false stories...
(myth)

bullpoop i wasted my time.
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Olu317(m): 10:30am On Apr 28, 2017
joshysmartie:

just so u know... i watched a guy who had some brain activity reading stuffs on his head... when he was carrying out no activity... some areas of his brain lit up to show the brain is actually doing work.. which was more than 10%...

before he was given some brain challenge that futher increased the %age usage...

goodbie ignoramus....
You don't mock me but yourself. I don't boast on knowledge acquisition as it seem. People like you remain the critic of the world and your teachers whom you have given acknowledgement don't have answer to questions on alternating the 10% apart from CRITICISM adduced to it. You can't Make a difference in this world when you have no solution to the tiniest thing in your neighbourhood. I mock your ignorance absolutely. Let me hit you hard for posterity to see the difference, human beings have never been able to subdue his anger and killing without refrain. Dolphin don't just kill for fun as human beings have been doing for thousands or millions of years. As small as Eagle, it eyes see miles ahead of man's and you are brandishing irrelevancy.
Sit tight and enjoy your pseudo human beings 100% brain utilisation. I am waiting for a man from your pseudo scientists that can show a man who can't DIE. 100% my foot.
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Olu317(m): 10:36am On Apr 28, 2017
joshysmartie:

goodbie ignoramus....
You don't mock me but yourself. I don't boast on knowledge acquisition as it seem. People like you remain the critic of the world and your teachers whom you have given acknowledgement don't have answer to questions on alternating the 10% apart from CRITICISM adduced to it. You can't Make a difference in this world when you have no solution to the tiniest thing in your neighbourhood. I mock your ignorance absolutely. Let me hit you hard for posterity to see the difference, human beings have never been able to subdue his anger and killing without refrain. Dolphin don't just kill for fun as human beings have been doing for thousands or millions of years. As small as Eagle,the eagle eye is among the strongest in the animal kingdom, with an eyesight estimated at 4 to 8 times stronger than that of the average human. An eagle is said to be able to spot a rabbit 3.2 km away. Although an eagle may only weigh 10 pounds (4.5 kg), its eyes are roughly the same size as those of a human. It eyes see miles ahead of man's and you are brandishing irrelevancy.
Sit tight and enjoy your pseudo human beings 100% brain utilisation. I am waiting for a man from your pseudo scientists that can show a man who can't DIE. 100% my foot.
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by ahza(m): 10:48am On Apr 28, 2017
Olu317:
Whatever you like, you can go ahead and infer. When you are ready, you will swallow your pride and accept the reality as far as science is concerned.

If you have evidence that scientists have shown that other animals are the most intelligent. Kindly send or LEARN NEW THING.
The @OP, has given you some facts about Dolphin and its ability but only miss the part its prowess as being the most intelligent animal.

Emm egbon olu to start with the great ape is the smartest animal on earth... it's been proven that it thinks more like a human and even has Similarities in its DNA with the human DNA. So pulease brainal capacity doesn't determine that you're the smartest.. some people are efficient while others are effective, same goes fore animals. So please next time do your research well before coming to offload for us before I call kendrick lamar to explain what DNA means for you
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Olu317(m): 11:23am On Apr 28, 2017
ahza:

Emm egbon olu to start with the great ape is the smartest animal on earth... it's been proven that it thinks more like a human and even has Similarities in its DNA with the human DNA. So pulease brainal capacity doesn't determine that you're the smartest.. some people are efficient while others are effective, same goes fore animals. So please next time do your research well before coming to offload for us before I call kendrick lamar to explain what DNA means for you
My dear bro, having similarities in DNA WITH HUMAN BEINGS STILL PROVE ONE THING AND IT IS THE DESTRUCTIVE TENDENCIES. CAN ANYONE BE AS FRIENDLY TO APE OR THEIR LINEAGE AS WE DO WITH DOLPHIN? HOWEVER, BASED ON YOUR THEORY, I KNOW DOLPHIN IS THE ONLY ANIMAL THAT DEVELOPED ITS ABILITY MORE THAN ANY OTHER. This isn't about OLU but information as it concerns research and study of animal life cycle.
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
Olu317:
You don't mock me but yourself. I don't boast on knowledge acquisition as it seem. People like you remain the critic of the world and your teachers whom you have given acknowledgement don't have answer to questions on alternating the 10% apart from CRITICISM adduced to it. You can't Make a difference in this world when you have no solution to the tiniest thing in your neighbourhood. I mock your ignorance absolutely. Let me hit you hard for posterity to see the difference, human beings have never been able to subdue his anger and killing without refrain. Dolphin don't just kill for fun as human beings have been doing for thousands or millions of years. As small as Eagle,the eagle eye is among the strongest in the animal kingdom, with an eyesight estimated at 4 to 8 times stronger than that of the average human. An eagle is said to be able to spot a rabbit 3.2 km away. Although an eagle may only weigh 10 pounds (4.5 kg), its eyes are roughly the same size as those of a human. It eyes see miles ahead of man's and you are brandishing irrelevancy.

well i have no issue with you... you boiled my bubbles when u said i was backward and not studious...

my quest for knowledge brought me to nl... altho i have given claims coupled with research (video) that was done by myth busters.. which u chose not to believe..
im yet to see any claim supporting ur arguement...

the fact that eagles see... and dolphins dont kill has nothing to do with the issue on point..
i aint disputing that some animals are ebabled...

and about that death stuff... lols im sure scientist are working on it... but its nature and you cant beat it...

just dont reply...

ps dont argue science with any1.. stick to what u do....
RELIGION AND CULTURE
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by ahza(m): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2017
Olu317:
My dear bro, having similarities in DNA WITH HUMAN BEINGS STILL PROVE ONE THING AND IT IS THE DESTRUCTIVE TENDENCIES. CAN ANYONE BE AS FRIENDLY TO APE OR THEIR LINEAGE AS WE DO WITH DOLPHIN? HOWEVER, BASED ON YOUR THEORY, I KNOW DOLPHIN IS THE ONLY ANIMAL THAT DEVELOPED ITS ABILITY MORE THAN ANY OTHER. This isn't about OLU but information as it concerns research and study of animal life cycle.
What are you saying naaa I just too you what research nd study has proven..you are proud o
Re: 10 Of The Most Intelligent Animals On Earth by Olu317(m): 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
ahza:

What are you saying naaa I just too you what research nd study has proven..you are proud o
You said ,I am proud, right?, No problem. However, whatever, you think of me is based on your view. I have mentioned the % at which dolphin utilises it brain . This issue is simple. Hold on to what you think you know about the usage of brain capability and let me HOLD TO DOLPHIN as my own MY FACT.
Raven is even placed ahead of all animals as the smartest. Although it is not part of it,still I maintain my stance as regard animal that utilises it brain more as it regard ability.

NO CONTROVERSY OVER IT.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Academy Passes Out 603 Asps. / Do You Know This Pure Water Seller? - Photo / 12 Hot Researchable Topics For Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.