Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" (30190 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare And El-Rufai Visit Sanusi In Lagos (Photos) / Okorocha Uses Tinubu & Saraki To Explain To 'Myopic Imolites' About Son-In-Law / Tinubu, Saraki’s Humiliation Makes Buhari’s Re-election Difficult – Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by sarrki(m): 4:12am On Apr 27, 2017
Niyi Odebode, Adelani Adepegba, Ifeanyi Onuba and Afis Hanafi

A National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has alleged that Senate President Bukola Saraki and the Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, worked against the plan to make him President Muhammadu Buhari’s running mate in the 2015 presidential election.

Tinubu stated that Saraki, El-Rufai and other stalwarts of the Peoples Democratic Party, who defected to the APC in the build-up to the 2015 elections, instigated Buhari and some APC chieftains not to pick him as the would-be Vice-President.

The APC leader’s comments were contained in a book titled ‘Against the Run of Play,’ written by the Chairman, Editorial Board of ThisDay, Olusegun Adeniyi.

Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos State, said his opponents persuaded Buhari to look for another running mate on the grounds that Christians in the North would not embrace a Muslim-Muslim ticket, and as such, could jeopardise the party’s victory.

The former governor said the arguments put forward by the party members were not genuine, adding that El-Rufai had the intention to ensure the emergence of the Serving Overseer of The Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Buhari’s running mate.

Tinubu added, “What they (Saraki and others from the PDP) did behind my back was wrong. We always do things as a group. By the time they joined, we were already too far ahead in our processes but we accommodated them.

“We agreed to take their state structures and subsume them into the part and they all had their opportunity to nominate the candidates of their choices for different political offices.

“But they went behind to instigate Buhari and some other people in the party against me on the pretext of religion. That was not right. They were canvassing arguments that the Christians in the North would not vote for a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

“Nasir el-Rufai was also selling the same argument within the CPC (the defunct Congress for Progressive Change) because at that point, he still wanted to have Pastor Bakare brought in as Buhari’s running mate.”

Tinubu stated that some senators and governors then, who defected from the PDP to the APC, met with him on the eve of the primaries to know if there was an agreement between him and Buhari to run together.

He said he evaded the inquiry, which compelled the allies to join him in canvassing for Buhari as the right presidential candidate of the party.

“I told them that it was better to resolve such issue after the primaries, but they wanted to make it a condition for supporting Buhari, which, for me, was very wrong. I told them I could not insist on this as a condition for my support for Buhari. I felt that was not right to hold Buhari hostage in this manner.

“I believe the support that we gave was fundamental to Buhari clinching the party nomination. Without that support, a different outcome would have been most likely,” Tinubu added.

He noted that Buhari later requested him to nominate three persons for the job, but he (Tinubu) presented only Yemi Osinbajo as his ultimate choice.

“I backed down because I did not want to be depicted as causing a problem. I backed away from the position in order to offer Buhari a name I once raised with him in 2011: that of Professor Yemi Osibanjo,” he added.

2015 election, outcome of Nigerians will, US replies to Jonathan

Meanwhile, the United States, on Wednesday, declared that the election of President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2015 was the expression of the will of Nigerians.

The US government said this in response to allegations by Jonathan that his electoral defeat in the 2015 election was partly caused by former US President Barack Obama and his officials.

He alleged that the US worked with France and the United Kingdom to frustrate his failed re-election bid in 2015.

“The US advocated a free, fair and transparent election. The election outcome was an expression of the will of the Nigerian people,” the US embassy spokesman, Russel Brooks, said on Wednesday.

I advised Jonathan against appointing Diezani petroleum minister – Obasanjo

Meanwhile, former President Olusegun Obasanjo claimed he advised ex-President Goodluck Jonathan against giving Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke a critical portfolio.

The ex-President stated that there were decisions taken by Jonathan early in his administration that showed that the Presidency was too big for him.

According to him, one of such decisions was the appointment of Alison-Madueke as the Minister of Petroleum Resources.

“He (Jonathan) gave me the impression that he was not going to give her the portfolio (petroleum ministry), but at the end, he did and we can see the consequences. He, of course, knew what he was doing,” he stated.

‘In 2011, I pleaded with prominent northerners to let Jonathan run for a term’

Obasanjo also explained why he supported Jonathan to contest the 2011 presidential election.

He said he pleaded with prominent people in the North to allow Jonathan run for a term.

The former President explained that he met with many northern leaders to explain to them why he endorsed Jonathan for the 2011 presidential election.

Obasanjo stated, “I saw the emergence of Jonathan as an opportunity to solve the problem of minority agitation. The three majority ethnic groups in Nigeria can always sort themselves out, but not so for the minority.

“A good example is my state here in Ogun. Despite the best intentions, nobody from Ogun West has been able to become governor because of this minority issue and it will take a conscious effort to make it happen. So, it was in that contest that I had to plead with prominent people in the North to allow Jonathan run for a term.”

US not comfortable with Jonathan as Yar’Adua’s successor

The book also stated that there were indications that the United States was not comfortable with Jonathan as a successor of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua.

These facts emerged from WikiLeaks’ publications of the US Department of State memos.

The book cited a memo, dated December 1, 2009, written by the then US Ambassador, Robin Sanders.

“Dark rumours about Yar’Adua’s health have given way to broad fears that Yar’Adua is likely entering his final days,” it stated.

Giving its verdict on the then Vice-President Jonathan, the US embassy wrote, “We are preparing a report (septel) on the baggage that Jonathan will carry with him into the state House as there have been past reports of corruption, political thuggery and payments to ‘militant factions’ from his days as Governor of Bayelsa State as well as questions about his competency in general.”

The US embassy cable, according to the book, also cited $13.5m allegedly seized by the EFCC from Jonathan’s wife, Dame Patience.

http://punchng.com/saraki-el-rufai-instigated-buhari-not-to-pick-me-as-vp-tinubu/

1 Share

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by sarrki(m): 4:13am On Apr 27, 2017
Story

No one can cause animosity between Tinubu, Osinbajo and Buhari

Enemies of the state stay clear

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by mykelmeezy: 4:24am On Apr 27, 2017
bunch of old recycled bastards

the biggest lie a person can tell himself is

NIGERIA will get better soon

call me a pessimist or whatever

but nigeria getting better is like your great grandma saying jesus is coming soon

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by mykelmeezy: 4:26am On Apr 27, 2017
sarrki:
Story

No one can cause animosity between Tinubu, Osinbajo and Buhari

Enemies of the state stay clear

you r op

yet ftc just so you can meet up with your daily BMC requirements

honestly i really cant pick an issue with you
mr patriot with sworn allegiance to APC n buhari alone

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by sarrki(m): 4:31am On Apr 27, 2017
mykelmeezy:

you r op

yet ftc just so you can meet up with your daily BMC requirements

honestly i really cant pick an issue with you
mr patriot with sworn allegiance to APC n buhari alone

Good morning,

My allegiance is to support and defend my country

To defend my country against internal and external aggression

That's why am a patriot

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by Jabioro: 4:35am On Apr 27, 2017
That's power play, Tinubu your maturity among the politicians is second to non, you have played a political Stewart holding your ground..

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by mykelmeezy: 4:38am On Apr 27, 2017
sarrki:

Good morning,

That's why am a patriot

theres a thin line between been a zombie n being a patriot

honestly some days i applaud your objective unbiased response to situations

but MORE OFTEN THAN NOT you come off as someone who is programmed by apc

may spiritual koboko flog every looter

have a great day

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by duduade: 4:42am On Apr 27, 2017
Gawd forbid.. Tinubu as VP... At what age!!! Both Bubu and him would have made Nigeria an association of "dead men on arrival governance... "

What Nigerians wanted was a vibrant governance!!!

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by sarrki(m): 4:43am On Apr 27, 2017
mykelmeezy:

theres a thin line between been a zombie n being a patriot

honestly some days i applaud your objective unbiased response to situations

but MORE OFTEN THAN NOT you come off as someone who is programmed by apc

may spiritual koboko flog every looter

have a great day

Thank you sire

Having said that we are all human

My conviction on pmb was a personal thing

Based on sincerity, honesty and principle

I love and adore him

Nigerians will appraised him by next year

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by seunmsg(m): 4:46am On Apr 27, 2017
I don't know the genuine intention of Saraki or El-Rufai but the truth is, a Buhari -Tinubu ticket would have failed in 2015. Religion still plays a very important role in political decisions in Nigeria and for this reason, all serious political parties seeking for power must find a way to balance their ticket. Again, the PDP already labelled APC has an Islamic party that was sponsoring boko haram to distabilise the government of a Christian President. APC flying a muslim-muslim ticket would have easily played into the divisive narratives of the PDP.

Tinubu should take solace in the fact that the vice president is a shining light in the current administration. His choices for most leadership positions have always performed considerably well and that says a lot about his person, a leader that can identify talents to implement his vision. That is one quality most great leaders lack.

The interest of the country should always be put above personal ambition when necessary and that kind of leadership is what Asiwaju displayed in the run towards the 2015 election. History will be kind to him for the role he played in deepening democracy and mobilising to uproot the most useless, corrupt and incompetent president in the history of Nigeria's democracy.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by kinibigdeal(m): 4:46am On Apr 27, 2017
God help Nigeria from political rapist

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by sosy25: 4:47am On Apr 27, 2017
Mr Jagaban you were in support of "true federalism" but now APC is in power you are silent about it. Even if (as you said) Sarahi and El-Rufai had allowed you to be Vice President you would not have been able to sell "true federalism" to President Buhari. You are "National Leader" but you are unable to influence President Buhari to accept stuff like "true federalism" that you believed in. If you cant get your way from outside you would also not be able to get your way from inside.

26 Likes

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by Vicolan: 4:48am On Apr 27, 2017
See super story .......Tinubu what comes around goes around.......

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by Nobody: 4:51am On Apr 27, 2017
Politics is a game of manouvers. It is like football or war. It requires serious strategic fomulation.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by Nwodosis(m): 4:52am On Apr 27, 2017
That shows that Tinibu is still pained and I wonder what Amechi will be going through too!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by gtin(m): 4:56am On Apr 27, 2017
Thank God we wud hv gotten 2 old men as president and vice, u never can tell they might both work frm home

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by Firefire(m): 4:56am On Apr 27, 2017
sarrki:

[s]
Good morning,

That's why am a patriot[/s]

Patriot of Parrot ?

Why are you always gallivanting around threads, posting multiple comments within few minutes?

I think you need deliverance? or is it part of your daily task/JD at BMC?

Well, to BAT, sorry, you made the greatest mistake of your political career to have supported 'a bigot and sectional ruler' to lead Nigeria in a time like this.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by sarrki(m): 4:59am On Apr 27, 2017
Firefire:

Patriot of Parrot ?

Why are you always gallivanting around threads, posting multiple comments within few minutes?

I think you need deliverance? or is it part of your daily task/JD at BMC?

Calm down and breathe gently

It makes the whole system to overheat

Which can lead to top cylinder gasket to burn
Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by Firefire(m): 5:03am On Apr 27, 2017
sarrki:

[s]Calm down and breathe gently

It makes the whole system to overheat

Which can lead to top cylinder gasket to burn[/s]

Disjointed as usual. grin

You might need a clinical observation? chai BMC.... tongue

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by sarrki(m): 5:07am On Apr 27, 2017
Firefire:

Disjointed as usual. grin

You might need a clinical observation? chai BMC.... tongue

grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by dunkem21(m): 5:12am On Apr 27, 2017
I remember Alhaji Lai lalasticlala denying these allegations vehemently and swearing with his third leg that the APC never planned of presenting a muslim-muslim ticket.. even when FFK is proving it.

Secondly, GEJ accused Obama and the US of camping naval ships while arm twisting France to join in ousting him..something I have said repeatedly here.

You can also check my posts on INEC and it's unprepared chairman; JEGA, whom I boasted severally that I can perform better than.. They (INEC and JEGA) ended up stealing my MOCK ELECTION IDEA! (quote me anywhere) that saved Nigeria from doom.

Lastly, I blame GEJ for not being sensitive to the gang up against him and refusing sound advice even when the card reader couldn't recognize a whole president, when accusations of hacking into INEC's database is fresh with a large percentage of Nigerians denied voters card.

Maybe, I should write a book.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by locosis007(m): 5:13am On Apr 27, 2017
SURELY
JAGABAND IS NOW IN JAJA-STATE

HE LOST THE" BAN " IN HIS NAME.

HE DIDN'T THINK HE CAN CONTROL AN AVERAGE FULANI OR A FORMER MILITARY MAN MOST ESP BUHARI.

HE SCHEMED WRONGLY. WHICH DEALT HIM A BIG BLOW.

HE AND ALL HIS CRAP AGED SCHEMES (HEGEMONY) SHOULD QUIT POLITICS FOR NEW AGE FELLOWS.(PROGRESSIVE).

OR ELSE HE Will CONTINUE TO BE IN JAJA-STATE.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by mykelmeezy: 5:13am On Apr 27, 2017
sarrki:

Thank you sire

Having said that we are all human

My conviction on pmb was a personal thing

Based on sincerity, honesty and principle

I love and adore him

Nigerians will appraised him by next year

i beg to differ

when we have a president n a presidency the end therein is doom

I just hope you will be bold enough to admit you were wrong when the flaws in this government is exposed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by Firefire(m): 5:18am On Apr 27, 2017
sarrki:

grin

Nothing do you sir!

Carry on with your daily task as a confirmed BMC post-per-second foreman. It pays to be hardworking. Ise'logun Ise.

On the point, Bola Ahmed Tinubu (BAT) is regretting fostering Buahry, a man that should have been allowed to enjoy his retirement in peace on Nigerians.

More so, his dream of becoming VP was dashed by his political enemies who claimed friends. Won fi oju je ore, sugbon ota ni won, O ma se ooo. Anyway, aso o ba omoyen mo, omoyen ti rin hoho wo oja.

Eni a wi fun deni, Oba je ko gbo. Ere kini aja Tinubu un ba awon ekun ati amotekun ara oke-oya se? embarassed

Too late to cry when the head is off....

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by orisa37: 5:23am On Apr 27, 2017
God appointed Osinbajo and Buhari. God is still working on both of them. So no Room for Complacency.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by Firefire(m): 5:25am On Apr 27, 2017
dunkem21:
I remember Alhaji Lai lalasticlala denying these allegations vehemently and swearing with his third leg that the APC never planned of presenting a muslim-muslim ticket.. even when FFK is proving it.

Secondly, GEJ accused Obama and the US of camping naval ships while arm twisting France to join in ousting him..something I have said repeatedly here.

You can also check my posts on INEC and it's unprepared chairman; JEGA, whom I boasted severally that I can perform better than.. They (INEC and JEGA) ended up stealing my MOCK ELECTION IDEA! (quote me anywhere) that saved Nigeria from doom.

Lastly, I blame GEJ for not being sensitive to the gang up against him and refusing sound advice even when the card reader couldn't recognize a whole president, when accusations of hacking into INEC's database is fresh with a large percentage of Nigerians denied voters card.

Maybe, I should write a book.

The conspiracy and gang up was very clear, but the fo0lish and insensitive GEJ refused to read the signs and handwriting on the walls.

Apart from his myopic leadership style, Nigeria and Nigerians are not yet prepared for his brand of politics.

Adieu to Tinubu's dreams of becoming a VP. grin

Fellow Nigerians,

Please, see below the development of APC lies... tell me if they are not gang of professional liars and career rogues?

Truth coming to the open. Chai!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by dunkem21(m): 5:27am On Apr 27, 2017
Like I always admonished, somebody should be bold to open up on the conspiracy of #BBOG and Chibok girls scam and let the country heal else we will just be moving in circles.

The Obamas' already got their full dose of karma as a result of Michelle trending #BBOG.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by sarrki(m): 5:36am On Apr 27, 2017
Firefire:

Nothing do you sir!

Carry on with your daily task as a confirmed BMC post-per-second foreman. It pays to be hardworking. Ise'logun Ise.

On the point, Bola Ahmed Tinubu (BAT) is regretting fostering Buahry, a man that should have been allowed to enjoy his retirement in peace on Nigerians.

More so, his dream of becoming VP was dashed by his political enemies who claimed friends. Won fi oju je ore, sugbon ota ni won, O ma se ooo. Anyway, aso o ba omoyen mo, omoyen ti rin hoho wo oja.

Eni a wi fun deni, Oba je ko gbo. Ere kini aja Tinubu un ba awon ekun ati amotekun ara oke-oya se? embarassed

Too late to cry when the head is off....

Baba gbo gbo re Loma ni iyanju ni 2019

Ina esisi ki joni lemeji
Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by Nobody: 5:37am On Apr 27, 2017
THANK GOD THEY DID...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by dunkem21(m): 5:38am On Apr 27, 2017
Firefire:

The conspiracy and gang up was very clear, but the fo0lish and insensitive GEJ refused to read the signs and handwriting on the walls.

Apart from his myopic leadership style, Nigeria and Nigerians are not yet prepared for his brand of politics.

Adieu to Tinubu's dreams of becoming a VP. grin

I know say na the bolded dey sweet you pass cheesy.

Honestly, I don't have anything against Tinubu except respect for the Jagaban. I no know wetin d man do you o.

Those days, we waited for Buhari/Fashola muslim-muslim combo .. I didn't even think of Tinubu in the equation.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by ZombieTAMER: 5:38am On Apr 27, 2017
There will be chaos in the midst of the enemies of progress
People who ganged up to give us an old fraud called Buhari

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" by Firefire(m): 5:39am On Apr 27, 2017
sarrki:

Baba gbo gbo re Loma ni iyanju ni 2019

Ina esisi ki joni lemeji

Ki Oluwa da emi wa si ju igba na lo.

Alafia!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Concerns Grow Over Buhari’s Incessant Foreign Trips / Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria / Police Arrest Drunk Policeman In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.