Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor (14718 Views)

The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card / Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard / Angry Customer Sues First Bank To Court Over Mastercard Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by TechLector: 8:40am On Apr 27, 2017
MasterCard, one of the leading global payments & technology company that connects consumers, businesses and merchants by easing payments for services have just announced a project that shocked the world – the MasterCard Fingerprint card.

Based on available and obtained statistics, MasterCard operates globally in over 210 countries and territories. That’s not all, there are still more numbers. In every single minute (or every 60 seconds that passes), MasterCard processes way more than 65,000 transactions. Now who else thinks that’s crazy?

Enough of the figures for now, let’s move on to the business proper of the day.

After about two successful (and discreet) trials in South Africa, MasterCard announces the “one of its kind” innovation – the MasterCard Fingerprint card. Basically, what this card does is to further assure card owners of guaranteed safety of their cards (especially when stolen or misplaced) and offer more protected and sophisticated transactions.

And how does it work? Simple!

You know the same way mobile phones (like the Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Tecno i3 Pro and Tecno i5 Pro etc) have evolved to the stage where you have to hold your finger against an embedded fingerprint sensor to unlock​ your device? That’s what MasterCard is planning to do with the MasterCard Fingerprint credit card. You will have to have your fingerprint scanned to authorize any transaction through the biometric scanner on your the MasterCard Fingerprint card.

In furtherance, in addition to more secured transactions, faster time of payments is also an added advantage.

What is however not yet clear is whether the fingerprint card technology will apply to transactions over the internet (online payments) or is limited only to the physical/over the counter POS system.

In a concluding note, it is pertinent to state that MasterCard is not scrapping the traditional 4-digits pin security system. It will serve its purpose as an alternative to the biometric/fingerprint sensor. You know, just in case the biometric scanner fails to identify your greasy or sweaty finger.

source: https://techlector.com/mastercard-fingerprint-card/

2 Likes

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 27, 2017
Welcome development, the prophesy of the bible coming up gradually day by day.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by gidimasters(m): 9:10am On Apr 27, 2017
Broda Lalasticlala.. Oya see snake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Agbafs2005(m): 10:47am On Apr 27, 2017
Abegi joor...I trust naija...wia palm kernel dey....#lip sealed.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Nwodosis(m): 10:47am On Apr 27, 2017
Good one! You now have to bundle me to the ATM point to use my card against my wish!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 27, 2017
Yahoo and card robbers in trouble grin

3 Likes

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Kaybaba5(m): 10:48am On Apr 27, 2017
Awesome
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by MisterGrace: 10:48am On Apr 27, 2017
Better! Card Thieves 0:1 MasterCard.

2 Likes

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 27, 2017
I had thought about this, thought it wasn't feasible.

1 Like

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by verygudbadguy(m): 10:48am On Apr 27, 2017
Bad news to "One chance" operators that hijack people's debit card and pin at gun point...

My only fear is that some of them have advanced to going about with POS.. I keep wondering how they got the POS. Except they run a store or supermarket during the day and change to armed robber at night. God help us.

#TrustNobody

8 Likes

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by timidapsin(m): 10:48am On Apr 27, 2017
I don't think this will be okay...
Armed robbers will literally cut of a person finger to steal from them.

18 Likes

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by shankara7: 10:48am On Apr 27, 2017
Nothing special about the innovation.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by slex(m): 10:48am On Apr 27, 2017
Welcome development. Anything to reduce theft is ok by me
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by idu1(m): 10:49am On Apr 27, 2017
Very good
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by lanre377: 10:49am On Apr 27, 2017
Na to dey chop off fingers with credit to steal.

1 Like

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by borlarge(m): 10:49am On Apr 27, 2017
That's a very good idea. i know, we will get there some day

1 Like

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by milkymouth(m): 10:50am On Apr 27, 2017
welcome development
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by datola: 10:50am On Apr 27, 2017
Not bad... but we all must remember that the coming of the Lord is at hand.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Tazdroid(m): 10:50am On Apr 27, 2017
Oooooh, wetin be dis na?

Dat means if tif won steal your card, dem must cut off your finger join.

Which kain wahala be dis?

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Elle277(f): 10:51am On Apr 27, 2017
Nice one!
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by segebase(m): 10:52am On Apr 27, 2017
end tym tinz..mark of 666

1 Like

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by bobo65(m): 10:53am On Apr 27, 2017
End time master card

1 Like

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by suyamasta(m): 10:53am On Apr 27, 2017
Good stuff
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by fatdick(m): 10:54am On Apr 27, 2017
Ideas rule the world. Nice innovation from Mastercard.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by fineboynl(m): 10:54am On Apr 27, 2017
chopped of finger is not feasible. as its doesn't work lifeless or dead fingers.

think about it that thief will cut of someone's finger and take it to pos shop. nobody is fools na.

1 Like

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by MrGreenMavro: 10:54am On Apr 27, 2017
grin
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by SafeDavid(m): 10:55am On Apr 27, 2017
When is the Visa embossed National I.D card coming out sef?
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by dacovajnr: 10:56am On Apr 27, 2017
Before 2020 Nigerians to start having 4 fingers grin grin

4 Likes

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Nellybobo(m): 10:56am On Apr 27, 2017
TeamMasterCard
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by ipreach: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2017
Good
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by ttmacoy: 10:58am On Apr 27, 2017
Or I just cut your thumb off lol grin grin

Nwodosis:
Good one! You now have to bundle me to the ATM point to use my card against my wish!
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Dandsome: 10:58am On Apr 27, 2017
Okay, nice one. But does that mean that the card will have a battery or USB port for it to be charged?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List of World Richest Billionaires. / Shell To Divest Onshore Oil Stakes In Nigeria, Open Talks With FG / Fish Farming Is Profitable With Mobile Pond And Recirculating System (RAS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.