Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) (15642 Views)

DSS Tries To Rearrest Sowore In Court (Photos) / Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen / Joshua Dariye Sentenced To 14 Years Imprisonment, Cries In Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by bumi10(m): 10:21am On Apr 27, 2017
A Federal High Court in Uyo has ordered the freezing of all accounts and forfeiture of a property belonging to Nsima Ekere, the managing director of the Niger Delta Development Corporation (NDDC), The Trent reports.

Mr. Ekere who was a former deputy governor of Akwa Ibom State, had defaulted on a credit facility in the amount of N27 million that the defunct Oceanic Bank, now Ecobank Plc, had granted him. Unable to recover the debt, Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria, AMCON had taken Ekere to court.

In a judgment reportedly delivered on March 20, 2017, Justice Ijeoma L. Ojukwu ruled that an “order of the Court granting interim possession of Plot 1. 52 Lagos Street (Ewet Housing Estate, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State belonging to the Defendant to the Plaintiff/Applicant; an Order of the Honourable Court directing the State Commissioner of Police to provide Mobile Police Security where the property is situate to assist in the enforcement of the order of the Honourable Court”.

The ruling went on to state “that an order is granted freezing all monies and/ or whatsoever assets due to the Defendant from all bank accounts maintained by the Defendant with all commercial banks in Nigeria to wit:

ACCESS BANK NIGERIA PLC,
CITI BANK PLC,
DIAMOND BANK PLC,
ECO BANK PLC,
FIDELITY BANK PLC,
FIRST CITY MONUMENTAL BANK,
FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA,
GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC,
HERITAGE BANK PLC,
JAIZ BANK,
KEYSTONE BANK PLC,
SKYE BANK PLC,
STANBIC IBTC BANK PLC,
STERLING BANK PLC,
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK PLC,
UNION BANK PLC,
UNITY BANK OF NIGERIA,
UNITED BANK OF NIGERIA,
WEMA BANK PLC,
ZENITH BANK PLC, -

situate up to the Plaintiff/Applicant’s claim of the sum of N27,022,720.93 (Twenty Seven Million, Twenty-Two thousand, Seven hundred and Twenty Naira, Ninety Three Kobo) only being a debt owed by the Defendant as at 20th February 2017in respect to the credit facility granted to the Defendant/Respondent by the defunct Oceanic Bank International Plc. (now Eco Bank Plc.).

“The Defendant his agents, privies or any other person natural or artificial however so called under the control of the defendant is restrained from transferring or otherwise dealing with any monies standing to the credit of the Defendant with any of the aforementioned banks wherever situate up to the amount of the Plaintiff/Applicant’s claim of the sum of N27,022,720,93 (Twenty Seven Million, Twenty two thousand, Seven hundred and Twenty Naira, Ninety three Kobo) only being debt owed by the Defendant as at 20th February, 2017 in respect of the credit facility granted the Defendant by the defunct Oceanic Bank International Plc. (now Eco Bank Plc)”.

see docs

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/04/federal-high-court-freezes-all-bank.html

1 Like

Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by positivelord: 10:46am On Apr 27, 2017
I dont just get it.....either this man is a saint or pretending. A former NDDC director cant pay up just 27m credit facility...even a senior staff in NDDC is super rich.

Wow, FTC. Am I ? I dont want last minute surprise. Let me wait a little before I start the traditional shoutout, like I just won an oscar.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by FreeSpirited: 11:30am On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by sunshineV(f): 11:30am On Apr 27, 2017
Mtcheeeew.....can some1 tell airtel to put bet9ja on free basics

6 Likes

Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by rozayx5(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2017
lol

just 27 million

currently Change to him now with all the road contracts he is throwing around Akwa Ibom

he will settle it

3 Likes

Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by COvo(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2017
If this is true then this is the guy that should handle all the funds of this country.
Lol
Real matters
Most NDDC staff are rich,even the head of small DESOPADEC that year is stinky rich

1 Like

Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by JohnieWalker12(m): 11:32am On Apr 27, 2017
I dedicate this front page to my kitten Thelma grin

Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 27, 2017
Seriously.
Something is not adding up.
Ekere u are above this pls
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by sunshineV(f): 11:32am On Apr 27, 2017
COvo:
H
space booker oshi
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by gift01: 11:33am On Apr 27, 2017
The man get account with all banks in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 27, 2017
It is that corporation money grew wings more in the daft president administration
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by Nellybank(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2017
Ekere abeg no fall our hands
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by takenadoh: 11:34am On Apr 27, 2017
What are these ones talking about, smth a small NDDC contractor will settle for him which kind GRA GRA Eco Bank come dey make noise about.

27 Million?
See chicken change
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by ojun50(m): 11:35am On Apr 27, 2017
Only him for that many many acct
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by Aburi001: 11:36am On Apr 27, 2017
The season of "Stealing is not corruption" is over. shocked

All our Yam eater's must be brought to justice crook or hook. tongue

After the raids on the judiciary, next point of call is the Legislathieves grin
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by sosy25: 11:36am On Apr 27, 2017
He is not the former NDDC director he is the current NDDC Managing Director. He must be acting a movie to confuse EFCC and potential whistle blowers that he does not have millions of dollars stashed some where as he tries to give us the impression that its so difficult for him to pay "ordinary" 27 million naira.
positivelord:
I dont just get it.....either this man is a saint or pretending. A former NDDC director cant pay up just 27m credit facility...even a senior staff in NDDC is super rich.

Wow, FTC. Am I ? I dont want last minute surprise. Let me wait a little before I start the traditional shoutout, like I just won an oscar.

2 Likes

Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by alozie27(m): 11:37am On Apr 27, 2017
This man suppose be CBN.
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 27, 2017
cool
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by mmsen: 11:39am On Apr 27, 2017
They need to disband that useless institution.

I'm yet to see one project that has been built to a high standard by the NDDC.

Find out what the state governments in CRS and AKS have done and compel the other states in the Niger Delta do likewise where feasible.

And someone needs to probe the state finances of Rivers for the past 16. I would hazard a bet that they have wasted more money than any state that isn't Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by WhistleB(m): 11:40am On Apr 27, 2017
Sometimes they shouldn't block. Just withdraw all the cash and throw at people in the market to scramble for it.
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by FunkyAlhaji2015: 11:40am On Apr 27, 2017
Even his pension as deputy governor is enough to settle that meagre 25M. Either the guy has blatantly refuse to pay or his making a political statement like my dear PMB did.

1 Like

Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 27, 2017
Hmm, e be like sey the Mugu get acct with all commercial banks for Naija o
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by obailala(m): 11:47am On Apr 27, 2017
Fraudsters everywhere... Only explanation here is that he's blatantly refused to repay.
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by ipreach: 11:49am On Apr 27, 2017
K
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by henocherry18: 11:50am On Apr 27, 2017
positivelord:

He was a formal deputy Gov. And now Managing director od NDDC
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 27, 2017
Don't you just love the APC? cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by usamali(m): 11:56am On Apr 27, 2017
I gave up on Nigeria as one I'm patiently waiting for that D-day wen we will all go our separate ways..In degree it's said;back to u r region of origin.
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by Aburi001: 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
positivelord:

Congrats to you my nigga.

Its a Grammy award, not Oscar grin
Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by tabisegroup(m): 12:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
sunshineV:
Mtcheeeew.....can some1 tell airtel to put bet9ja on free basics

The motion is hereby seconded by me! grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Nsima Ekere's Bank Accounts Frozen By Court (Photos) by EazyMoh(m): 12:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
JohnieWalker12:
I dedicate this front page to my kitten Thelma grin
No go thief somebody cat picture o! Oge Okoye has opened our eyes.
Lol she's cute though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zamfara: You Will Lose Your Seat If You Leave PDP – Yari Warns Matawalle / Buhari Unaware Of Support Groups’ Promises To Nigerians In 2015 – Femi Adesina / Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.