Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:11 AM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (298236 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
I know it it difficult to believe, but the truth is that the Commission has codedly cancelled the scholarship. I was devastated when I heard the news from a very top source at the commission. I also wrote the test and did the oral interview, so I was shocked to learn the news. The commission has not come out to tell us this because they know the backlash they will receive. I got the info more than two weeks ago, but out of respect for our feelings and the hardwork of some people here trying to ensure that the list is published, I decided to keep mute.

Now, I am not asking you guys to give up. Rather, you guys can seize the opportunity and rechannel your demands. How do you do that? Accuse NDDC of cancelling the scholarship, and hold them to account till they publish it. All these we are waiting for payment and so on will not work. Those NDDC guys are wicked.

Finally, start now to make plans for alternative funding. Do not depend on NDDC. May God help us.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
Please help me explain it further to people on this forum. They are still waiting for press briefing concerning the cancellation of NDDC 2017 scholarship. In this Country, in this era.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Jaybadestboy: 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
We've heard u guy's. You've made your point clear
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2017
Shey They've authorised payment? Good, It won't take beyond January 2018 max for scholars to get credited since its not rocket science.
Now pls tell that top source of urs, that they should be ready for a loud and vibrant backlash and media campaign they've never seen if the 2017 list is cancelled.
2018 is a very significant yr in this country if u understand what i mean. Note, the present board is not in the good-books of some prominent pressure groups of our region so they must have sense and handle sensitive issues with fairness. The present outcry is jst a child's play on how loud the wailing will be. We are only being reasonable cos of our owed friends. Except they will never get paid (which is not likely to happen) then they should brace up. Do they love Niger Delta better than we do?

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
dannysugar:
Shey They've authorised payment? Good, It won't take beyond January 2018 max for scholars to get credited since its not rocket science.
Now pls tell that top source of urs, that they should be ready for a loud and vibrant backlash and media campaign they've never seen if the 2017 list is cancelled.
2018 is a very significant yr in this country if u understand what i mean. Note, the present board is not in the good books of some prominent pressure groups of our region so they must have sense and handle sensitive issues with fairness. The present outcry is jst a child's play on how loud the wailing will be. We are only being reasonable cos of our owed friends. Except they will never get paid (which is not likely to happen) then they should brace up. Do they love Niger Delta better than we do?

NDDC has to be held accountable for screwing people over like this. I am a current scholar and even I am appalled on hearing this info and I hope to God it is not the case. We are still waiting to be paid but for God's sake, this is so unfair. Why waste money on cbts' and oral interviews just to cancel it afterwards?? These guys get away with murder because we cannot effectively take legal action in naija (and I will if we don't get paid, this nonsense has to stop).
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
dannysugar:
2018 is a very significant yr in this country if u understand what i mean. Note, the present board is not in the good-books of some prominent pressure groups of our region so they must have sense and handle sensitive issues with fairness. The present outcry is jst a child's play on how loud the wailing will be. We are only being reasonable cos of our owed friends. Except they will never get paid (which is not likely to happen) then they should brace up. Do they love Niger Delta better than we do?

Please take it to them, it is very frustrating.The protest shouldn't be about the outstanding debt alone but also the 2017 scholarship list.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen no need for continuos suffering and smiling waiting on empty promises from the board. The IYC has already began the protest against these wicked pple. Today Aba Road PH was temporarily shutdown in a "warning" protest.
2018 will be an interesting year in this region. Different groups will occupyNDDC.
Let them continue to be stupid and feel larger than life. Their media campaigns discreditting previous board when their own performance is worse is jst double standard known abt them before crossing party lines.

The current board that has not completed any initiated project of theirs is making noise. From Scholarship To Skill/enterprenueral recruitment all inconclusive speaks of crass incompetence. That list will be out. They are not the first nor going to be the last in NDDC. Jst imagine the insignificant few causing confusion in the region.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
The Era of this board issuing promises and giving lame excuses each time the polity gets heated should end. Even majority of the personnel in the commission are not satisfied with how they run these things.

I dnt knw y owed scholars keep falling for their antics. This has got to end.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by shophut(m): 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
hahahahaha....looool

All these rantings starts and ends here.

Nigerian Youths be wise. We are allowing ourselves to be used by these politicians to act their various movies.

Do we really think PMB who extended the office tenure for Nsima Ekere does not read trending news on social media?

Payments that has been approved cannot take more than 3 days to credit into various accounts of scholars.

The moment we started dancing into their tune, they started this whole drama abi concert.

The truth is NOTHING they say is the truth.

Few days to January 2018 and we are still expecting scholarship list that was supposed to be for September / October 2017

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 9:04pm On Dec 21, 2017
NDDC is always in the news for the wrong reasons. Some pple are now blaming CBN for the delay? Abeg shine your eyes o. These politicians are wicked. They will continue to play to the gallery. Now "festive period" is the new narrative. ok we shall see.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2017
I’m afraid this has nothing to do with “NDDC”. Yes they are inefficient, but before 2016, before this NDDC and APC administration came to CHANGE things, the list comes out by late September to Early October and payments by mid November to early December (generally within two months of the scholar’s resumption)
This current behaviour is unrecognisable and unacceptable on many levels. In my view it will not CHANGE until the current people at the helm of NDDC are removed. I heard some scholars were sent home and others were prevented from registering for the next academic year because some incompetent people in NDDC are verifying the authenticity of true scholars. How long does this take?
Things just keep getting worse with this people.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nigerdcritics(m): 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2017
Carlse:
I know it it difficult to believe, but the truth is that the Commission has codedly cancelled the scholarship. I was devastated when I heard the news from a very top source at the commission. I also wrote the test and did the oral interview, so I was shocked to learn the news. The commission has not come out to tell us this because they know the backlash they will receive. I got the info more than two weeks ago, but out of respect for our feelings and the hardwork of some people here trying to ensure that the list is published, I decided to keep mute.

Now, I am not asking you guys to give up. Rather, you guys can seize the opportunity and rechannel your demands. How do you do that? Accuse NDDC of cancelling the scholarship, and hold them to account till they publish it. All these we are waiting for payment and so on will not work. Those NDDC guys are wicked.

Finally, start now to make plans for alternative funding. Do not depend on NDDC. May God help us.

STOP THOSE LIES, IF YOU HAVE FAILED IN THE PROCESS OF INTERVIEW AND EXAMS DON'T KILL OTHER SCHOLARS JOY/HOPE. ASK YOURSELF WHY THEY WILL CANCEL, AND THE FUNDS AND MAN HOURS THEY HAVE SPEND IN THE PROCESS. TAKE YOUR FRUSTRATION AND MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE. TRULY THE BOARD MEMBERS ARE IDIOTS BUT THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE GUTS OR POWER TO CANCEL IT. THE WORSE THEY CAN DO IS DELAY.

5 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2017
In one of his earliest interviews, Nsima Ekere promised to sustain the foreign postgraduate scholarship of the commission. Now several months after, he is yet to pay scholars. The status of the 2017 scholarship list is unknown. Ndoma Egba promised to end ALL outstanding issues relating to the scholarship program by Tuesday last week,fees and 2017 list inclusive. All promises are left unfulfilled till date.In sane climes,such a board would have been unceremoniously dismissed long ago.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2017
Nuel1647:
I’m afraid this has nothing to do with “NDDC”. Yes they are inefficient, but before 2016, before this NDDC and APC administration came to CHANGE things, the list comes out by late September to Early October and payments by mid November to early December (generally within two months of the scholar’s resumption)
This current behaviour is unrecognisable and unacceptable on many levels. In my view it will not CHANGE until the current people at the helm of NDDC are removed. .

And The incompetent mgt being aware of the workings of govt, tactically waited till mid-december for an "alledged" payment approval. yeye dey smell. who is deceiving who? I jst pity those that keep falling for their dirty gimmicks.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by lolololhvfvhb98: 11:16pm On Dec 23, 2017
This crazy guys went on holiday without ensuring we scholars are paid....... Please when will NSIMA be leaving that sit ?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by knicks231: 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2017
wicked Board and Management Team in the NDDC, they will get what they did to scholars.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 8:14am On Dec 24, 2017
lolololhvfvhb98:
This crazy guys went on holiday without ensuring we scholars are paid....... Please when will NSIMA be leaving that sit ?

The moment the scholarship coordinator told me payment will reflect within 2-3 weeks I knew these guys had no intention whatsoever to pay us before Xmas. This administration is the worst ever (and they had the gall to accuse the previous admin)

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
Abc
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2017
irahub:
What goes into you mind looking at this pic? Are we as black people so silly that we don't even follow any sense of reasoning. Is it an IQ problem or are we really a less developed human specie incapable of following any form of common sense. How does the NDDC want the outside world to look at Nigerian which could be generally extrapolated to serve as a sample space for the entire black race. Why is it that we cannot do anything hitch free. Can we stand up and name any single achievement we have done on our own without a white man helping us. Is it elections, education sector, health sector, boko haram. I wonder why a government agency will sent its citizens abroad and refuse to honor the agreement of the scholarship. How do they want the citizens to survive?

When David Cameron was exposed saying Nigeria was 'fantastically corrupt' and the ensuing outcry from Nigerians, I wasn't outraged. Of course, I dare say he was correct. What else do you call this? My supervisors must have a very unflattering view of naija because of nddc (they know nddc for their delays from past students, but this has taken the cake). They won't get away with this.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 3:10pm On Dec 25, 2017
Despite the crass incompetence and sheer wickedness of the current NDDC board, which has caused hardship to scholars and anxiety to aspiring scholars, we should not forget to thank God for life and His many mercies throughout 2017. I wish everyone on this platform merry Xmas and a better 2018.May God give the NDDC leadership the sense to do what is right in the coming year. Once again, happy celebrations. Let's keep up the fight.

13 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2017
If this year ends without the release of the scholarship list, will NDDC still call it 2017 scholarship whenever it comes out?
Will there still be enough time to meet up with January resumption?
Because after January, no more school intakes till September 2018......

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
CSmooth:
If this year ends without the release of the scholarship list, will NDDC still call it 2017 scholarship whenever it comes out?
Will there still be enough time to meet up with January resumption?
Because after January, no more school intakes till September 2018......

Majority of NDDC scholars resume in January or September of the following year. Only very few (October or November resumption) or those that have their own money and probably just tried their luck with NDDC, resumes in the year the scholarship was awarded.

4 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by divinehand2003(m): 12:04pm On Dec 30, 2017
Wow, see how a trend that once bubbled with a lot of chats, messages and information just suddenly froze like winterfell awaiting the arrival of the white walkers. Hmmmm
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2017
Abc
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2017
irahub:
@ladybug2 Can you please get more info from the scholarship coordinator as to the payment which is said to have been sent to cbn for weeks now. Is CBN also auditing their computers. I wonder why making swift transfers could take more than 3 days.

Hi, I lack words to justify their excuses either. I have copied and pasted the exact words from the coordinator below for your perusal:

Hello Blessing,

We now have management’s approval so payment of both outstanding tuition fees and yearly upkeeps can be expected within the next 2- 3 weeks, hoping that the Christmas holiday does not alter the existing arrangement.

That was her (the coordinator)response to my email inquiry. I sent the email on the 13th of December. She replied precisely on the 18th (Dec). I am not sure why CBN transfer from an organisation like NDDC should take that long but at the risk of falling for their lies again, I am willing to give her the benefit of doubt. After the festive / new year season, I will email her again.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by wildchild02: 10:35am On Dec 31, 2017
Pls who knows any good school in US or Canada that gives full Msc scholarship to 1St class graduates of Agric Economics?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by PhilipGallagher(m): 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2017
There was a country

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
PhilipGallagher:
There was a country
there was never even a country, this dynasty called Nigeria was packaged from the onset. its just a ever reminder to us all that our citizenship is tied to this mess.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
NDDC played us....we owed 2015 scholars r still waiting
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2018
Happy new year guys. Welcome to the much awaited 2018.Hold on to your dreams, for no body can take that away from you this year, not even the villains in NDDC.

5 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by na2016: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2018
What will NDDC call this list now if at all they will ever release the list? Maybe 2017/2018 scholarship award list?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
na2016:
What will NDDC call this list now if at all they will ever release the list? Maybe 2017/2018 scholarship award list?

Let’s bother about them releasing the list first.
We can name it latter.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (105) (Reply)

N-Power Batch C1 & C2 - 2023 / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.