Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (299629 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Jaybadestboy: 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2018
dannysugar:
Pls Is There Anyone Still Awaiting Payment?
We need to move to the next phase.

Very true
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
@dannysugar n Jaybaddestboy..im ready to work together to persuade them release the 2017 list to start with. I'm in abj currently. pls verify if they've sorted out the scholars payment

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Jaybadestboy: 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2018
Chigojude:
@dannysugar n Jaybaddestboy..im ready to work together to persuade them release the 2017 list to start with. I'm in abj currently. pls verify if they sorted out the scholars payment

Can current scholars verify please
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by lolololhvfvhb98: 12:54am On Jan 23, 2018
Thanks we all have been paid
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Panda9909: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2018
I heard from an NDDC official that the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs placed a ban on the scholarship until all payments are made and so they are waiting for him to lift the ban before they can publish the 2017 list... Since payments have been made, i really wonder why the list hasnt been published by now.. Its so sad.. January is already coming to an end!
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 9:00am On Jan 23, 2018
It’s kind of tricky, as the minister and NDDC can have very different definition of “outstanding debt”. For instance the last time I was paid was april last year. I’ve not received any payment recently even though my fees is due and nddc received the invoice since last year.
However, I think (based on everyone I know) that everyone who has been owed for about a year has been paid once. There are people whose second or third year fee is also due but haven’t received a second payment.
In the interest of 2017 scholars, I think we should start focusing on release of the new list, so people can start planning towards April or September.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 9:14am On Jan 23, 2018
I had a telephone conversation with one of the scholarship contacts and the person suggested that i make my enquiries by mail to the cordinator and was going to forward the address to me. I hope i can get that email address from anybody who's in regular contact with the cordinator.

The Mail will dwell on these points
1) The commission must not renege on the promises made by the management to sustain this scheme that has given hope to academic oriented Niger Deltans
2) A Lot of resources was expended on logistics/security both by the commission and over 2000 applicants who are also in dismay at the cost of lost admissions,plans,jobs/businesses due to this delay in awards
3) it will amount to total waste of scarce resources if the list isn't release and successful scholars mobilized.
4) Having achieved the payment of owed scholars then all is set for new awards to be done on time to mitigate the problem of logistics for departure that has plagued the scheme. new admissions can be sought on time for award

4 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 9:53am On Jan 23, 2018
Nuel1647:
It’s kind of tricky, as the minister and NDDC can have very different definition of “outstanding debt”. For instance the last time I was paid was april last year. I’ve not received any payment recently even though my fees is due and nddc received the invoice since last year.
However, I think (based on everyone I know) that everyone who has been owed for about a year has been paid once. There are people whose second or third year fee is also due but haven’t received a second payment.
In the interest of 2017 scholars, I think we should start focusing on release of the new list, so people can start planning towards April or September.

I believe this is why the list is being delayed because the minister must have alluded to all outstanding debts not just a part of it as they have done. My outstanding debts were for two years and the recent payment made only covered my second year which was way overdue. A couple of us as I am are still owed one more year and in some cases 2 years so I wonder if this is why the release of the list has been put on hold. The month ends next week. They (NDDC) are not saying anything at all with regards to the 2017 list. I have a horrible feeling about this.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Panda9909: 10:29am On Jan 23, 2018
Well, based on my conversation with the official, he told me that they have 'paid' all scholars.. i guess their definition of payment is what they just did (paying for one year).. when i asked him if he thinks that the list will still be published, he was sincere enough to tell me that he really doesnt know.. im just wondering if NDDC will be bold enough to advertise for fresh scholarship applications for 2018 after what they put prospective scholars through last year and knowing that they just went silent after they conducted interviews... the 10k they were supposed to pay, they didnt.. I really would not be surprised if they had secretly sent some people outside the country as someone told me that a friend of hers received a message in Dec (last year) to come to ph for his award letter... Though i cant verify this but we are in Nigeria and anything can happen
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 10:47am On Jan 23, 2018
dannysugar:
I had a telephone conversation with one of the scholarship contacts and the person suggested that i make my enquiries by mail to the cordinator and was going to forward the address to me. I hope i can get that email address from anybody who's in regular contact with the cordinator.

The Mail will dwell on these points
1) The commission must not renege on the promises made by the management to sustain this scheme that has given hope to academic oriented Niger Deltans
2) A Lot of resources was expended on logistics/security both by the commission and over 2000 applicants who are also in dismay at the cost of lost admissions,plans,jobs/businesses due to this delay in awards
3) it will amount to total waste of scarce resources if the list isn't release and successful scholars mobilized.
4) Having achieved the payment of owed scholars then all is set for new awards to be done on time to mitigate the problem of logistics for departure that has plagued the scheme. new admissions can be sought on time for award

Very true,there is no moral sense in organising a new one. However,a bigger truth is that these guys do not care how much has been sunk into it or the gravity of the inconvenience they caused applicants. After all its government money. They dont really care about us. They wouldn't mind organising a fresh one with the mind that they are starting afresh.

Only in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 12:35pm On Jan 23, 2018
Ladies and Gentlemen, shall we commence the call for the awards for 2017. Lets write, call, tweet and solicit influencers and well profiled citizen to appeal to the minister and mgt of the commission to release the list for 2017 awardees. Thank You.

5 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Jaybadestboy: 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2018
viewingthistopic:
Ladies and Gentlemen, shall we commence the call for the awards for 2017. Lets write, call, tweet and solicit influencers and well profiled citizen to appeal to the minister and mgt of the commission to release the list for 2017 awardees. Thank You.

How do we accomplish this? We need a plan
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2018
lolololhvfvhb98:
Thanks we all have been paid

That is a sweeping statement to make. You can only know about yourself. I haven't been paid my second tuition which is long overdue and the consequence is as serious as not paying the first. There are people that haven't receive any payment at all.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 23, 2018
NDDC is NOT contemplating to thrash the 2017 scholarship list. However, the date of release is unknown and not yet determined. Therefore, I'll advice that whatever protests 'we' make should be centered on the QUICK release of the list, not on the insinuations of cancellation of the entire process (My Point; Do NOT give the Management and Board of NDDC the impression that you are even thinking they could cancel the previous/expected list).
While I sympathize with the current PhD scholars whose next session tuition are due for payment, I'd admonish you to kindly lend your voices in the quest for the belated 2017 list to be released, just like the 2017 prospective beneficiaries endured the suspension of their list for you to get paid the last installment.

9 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 10:06am On Jan 24, 2018
Please who knows the Senator Abike Dabiri (know her personally or can link us to her) we can push for some time to talk to her regarding the 2017 list. I'm I Abuja and can devote time to this if it pulls through. she s one person that is sympathetic to our cause, let's work with her. also those in pH can organize and visit the headquarters on a working day to Inquire, cos if we don't act fast they'll think we have moved on with life and don't need scholarship.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 10:08am On Jan 24, 2018
something I've noticed is that tweeting gets the news around but not to these big men, they have no time for Twitter. their media aides handle their Facebook and twitter handles, let's work face to face.

by mid this year, all attention will be focused towards 2019 election.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2018
Chigojude:
Please who knows the Senator Abike Dabiri (know her personally or can link us to her) we can push for some time to talk to her regarding the 2017 list. I'm I Abuja and can devote time to this if it pulls through. she s one person that is sympathetic to our cause, let's work with her. also those in pH can organize and visit the headquarters on a working day to Inquire, cos if we don't act fast they'll think we have moved on with life and don't need scholarship.

Can we try this suggestion of visiting the commission as a group for enquiries/release of the list. Those close to officials in NDDC can help cordinate this in order to keep us in the know when the management is likely to be on sit. Other communication channels can be used simultaneously.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 1:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
I am a current scholar & I have tried as much as I can to campaign for 2017 list to be released as well, alongside ensuring they are aware they need to pay us our final/remaining instalment since they took forever to deal with our financial obligations on time (and for most of us, the battle isn't over) - so not to worry we are in this together. We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

The system needs to change or else, believe me, it will be futile to travel overseas and suffer because of their incompetence or just plain wickedness for no reason. I don't know Madame Abike personally, but she responded to me on twitter when I cried out for payments. I can tweet all those involved (NDDC) including Madame Abike for the release of the 2017 list as this is beyond ridiculous (perhaps we should now call it 2018 list). But I must emphasize for current PhD scholars still owed one more year or two years tuition, we need to get them to settle these outstanding payments as soon as possible or else we are not guaranteed graduation or worst case scenario, we still get kicked out. This issue of outstanding payments for current scholars is way beyond over, but that does not mean the 2017/18 prospectives has to be kept in limbo.

The idea of going together as a group to NDDC office for an explanation on the 2017/18 list is spot on. With regards meeting with Madame Abike, this is where I was disappointed with her 'cos the last time a scholar arranged a meeting in Abuja (Dec last year), it was unceremoniously cancelled so I won't bank on that.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2018
ladybug2:
I am a current scholar & I have tried as much as I can to campaign for 2017 list to be released as well, alongside ensuring they are aware they need to pay us our final/remaining instalment since they took forever to deal with our financial obligations on time (and for most of us, the battle isn't over) - so not to worry we are in this together. We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

The system needs to change or else, believe me, it will be futile to travel overseas and suffer because of their incompetence or just plain wickedness for no reason. I don't know Madame Abike personally, but she responded to me on twitter when I cried out for payments. I can tweet all those involved (NDDC) including Madame Abike for the release of the 2017 list as this is beyond ridiculous (perhaps we should now call it 2018 list). But I must emphasize for current PhD scholars still owed one more year or two years tuition, we need to get them to settle these outstanding payments as soon as possible or else we are not guaranteed graduation or worst case scenario, we still get kicked out. This issue of outstanding payments for current scholars is way beyond over, but that does not mean the 2017/18 prospectives has to be kept in limbo.

The idea of going together as a group to NDDC office for an explanation on the 2017/18 list is spot on. With regards meeting with Madame Abike, this is where I was disappointed with her 'cos the last time a scholar arranged a meeting in Abuja (Dec last year), it was unceremoniously cancelled so I won't bank on that.

just pm'd you, will send my twitter handle via email when you reply. will work as much I can to ensure the headquarter visit is a success

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
@Chigojude: Hon. Abike Dabari is the SA to Mr President on Diaspora, not on NDDC matters. Therefore, she may not be disposed to prevail on NDDC Management to release the 2017 list, as prospective 'beneficiaries are not yet in diaspora'. You may wish to, however, seek her audience as there's no harm in a trial.

I think your suggestion of a "face-to-face work" and those of @viewingthistopic and @ladybug2 are excellent. All relevant channels; group visit(s), tweets, phone calls/texts, emails and personal contacts to relevant NDDC and Gov't authorities should be harnessed, please.

Finally, I humbly appeal (I pray I don't get attacked) that we discontinue the use of abusive words (name calling as seen in 2016/2017), but rather engage the authorities critically in civilized ways stated above, as those abuses mean nothing to them (politicians) and may incite resentment. We could establish our firm resolutions and protests without being offensive and vulgar.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
Cebu1:
@Chigojude: Hon. Abike Dabari is the SA to Mr President on Diaspora, not on NDDC matters. Therefore, she may not be disposed to prevail on NDDC Management to release the 2017 list, as prospective 'beneficiaries are not yet in diaspora'. You may wish to, however, seek her audience as there's no harm in a trial.

I think your suggestion of a "face-to-face work" and those of @viewingthistopic and @ladybug2 are excellent. All relevant channels; group visit(s), tweets, phone calls/texts, emails and personal contacts to relevant NDDC and Gov't authorities should be harnessed, please. Anyone with useful information should kindly share.

Finally, I humbly appeal (I pray I don't get attacked) that we discontinue the use of abusive words (name calling as seen in 2016/2017), but rather engage the authorities critically in civilized ways stated above, as those abuses mean nothing to them (politicians) due to the 'thick skin' they've developed. We could establish our firm resolutions and protests without being offensive and vulgar, despite the experienced frustrations and maltreatment from our supposed leaders.

well said @Cebu1, I quite buy the idea of scraping the connect to Sen. Abike Dabiri. we focus our efforts on face to face engagements with NDDC mgt.
for the use of abusive words, we can't do that now sef as we are on the receiving end. God bless our efforts, it'll pan out well.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
Some persons are making effort to meet with the Minister on 2017 award issue by proxy. I pray that meeting happens soon. We are encouraged to reachout through those we may know to prevail upon them for the list to be released at least for planning sake.

We shouldn't forget that the fireworks for next year's general elections is lit and thus governance will be slow while politicking takes centre stage. So, we must jointly advance this cause on time. Over 1000 interviewees can jointly and civily make this happen. Your little effort will make the difference. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by lolololhvfvhb98: 11:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
I pray they listen to us
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 6:30am On Jan 25, 2018
viewingthistopic:
Some persons are making effort to meet with the Minister on 2017 award issue by proxy. I pray that meeting happens soon. We are encouraged to reachout through those we may know to prevail upon them for the list to be released at least for planning sake.

We shouldn't forget that the fireworks for next year's general elections is lit and thus governance will be slow while politicking takes centre stage. So, we must jointly advance this cause on time. Over 1000 interviewees can jointly and civily make this happen. Your little effort will make the difference. Thanks

This is a statement of fact. We are the only ones that can make it work for us. All efforts should be channeled towards one goal;the prompt release of the list. At this period, every effort counts, no matter how small it is.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Donmatlock: 6:57pm On Jan 26, 2018
God help us in this country. Now that elections are in the air, will that money be used for election or tuition?

Meanwhile, let us continue to discuss this across social media with hashtags #nddc #NDDCScholarship2017.

We pray they see reason to do the right thing.
I wish you all a succesful 2018!

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2018
Another week

Gone!
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by pbayagbon: 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2018
my people something just happen ryt now
i cannot ask you to give up on that expected list oh seeing how much effort, finance and time we have spent but in this our naija where every thing goes...please give ursef rest oh
NDDC is fillled with crazy people, bunch of ragtags and padded office cockroaches.
but to dey hope ehn na long thing, who wan go uk go school...find ur way sharp and if u no get d bar...X d thing commot for mind.
U see that statement in the bible 'I've seen slaves on horses and princes on foot"
na naija dat1 dey happen oh
afterall d biggest degrees dont even give d best jobs.

make una no vex for me
Just an evening...abeg i no wan vex...after I score **
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 9:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
pbayagbon:
my people something just happen ryt now
i cannot ask you to give up on that expected list oh seeing how much effort, finance and time we have spent but in this our naija where every thing goes...please give ursef rest oh
NDDC is fillled with crazy people, bunch of ragtags and padded office cockroaches.
but to dey hope ehn na long thing, who wan go uk go school...find ur way sharp and if u no get d bar...X d thing commot for mind.
U see that statement in the bible 'I've seen slaves on horses and princes on foot"
na naija dat1 dey happen oh
afterall d biggest degrees dont even give d best jobs.

make una no vex for me
Just an evening...abeg i no wan vex...after I score **

Damn, you've not stated anything pal. What's the 'something' that just happened right now?

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
we still hope
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by lolololhvfvhb98: 12:41am On Jan 29, 2018
I feel NDDC is waiting for there 2017 budget approval, before releasing name...
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 2:42am On Jan 29, 2018
lolololhvfvhb98:
I feel NDDC is waiting for there 2017 budget approval, before releasing name...

2018*

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (105) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.