Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,117 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (299349 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 6:10pm On May 22, 2018
maxiwise:
There is money on facebook, WhatsApp, instagram. And its available to everyone, you just have to know how to get it. Its not rocket science. If you spend up to 3 hours on facebok everyday and you are not getting alert from your activity on facebook, you should never complain about being broke. If you are really broke, then you will grab every opportunity that teaches you how to make money while having fun on social media.

I will attend to only 3 serious people who are hungry for success and ready to take the plunge and make serious money on Social Media .

Inbox me lets Break Records.
Whatsapp me 2348106017549

#Longrichrocks

Ain't none of us got time for what you're offering bro
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 9:08pm On May 22, 2018
Luck2016:
Well, regardless of the source of the information; whether reliable or unreliable, I think it is the responsibility of the management of NDDC to formally publicize the cancellation of the 2017/2018 scholarship scheme with REASONS the same way they publicize the temporary suspension of the exercise in order to clear the backlogs of debts owed earlier scholars (which they have not concluded), in the national dailies last year. Not until this is done, there is no amount of action staged by the participants in the last year's scholarship exercise that can be justifiable within the existing laws of the country. We all have are various constituency representatives in both the state and federal houses of representatives + the senate. Immediately the commission announces the cancellation of the 2017 scholarship programme without viable reasons, we should quickly send petitions to our various representatives and senators and see if they will just write-off the petitions without thorough debate on the contending issues. Thank God they recognised that the transport stipend is our right; they should also recognise that it is our right and their duty to inform us on the REASONS behind the "Cancellation". For now, lets just cross our legs and wait until the cat is formally let out of the bag.

I believe their decision would be communicated to us ”when they feel like”
We think it would be this month, that is this week or before the end of next week.

Anyone can believe whatever they want at their own expense.

There are 1000 reasons why the scholarship cannot be cancelled, one of which includes an upturn in oil prices. I don't want to join issues with anyone.

It would be easier to continue with the process, as you would have to provide good reasons for its cancellation, and at this point, we can rule out lack of funds. Cancellation would also lead to a backlash, irrespective of the reasons. Why wait this long if you are going to cancel it? Why continue with the scholarship scheme after this cancellation?

As I said before, we know the meeting held over the weekend with the president (represented by vice president Osibanjo) in attendance. We don't know the full details of what was discussed, we don't even know if a decision has been made. I guess we would know in time.

5 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 10:07pm On May 22, 2018
We could use twitter for now...
Just search for @nsimauekere & retweet our tweets or type your own tweet! - It ain't hard.
Tag as many 'influencers' aa possible.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Luck2016: 3:08pm On May 23, 2018
The truth is bitter but it has to be told. I really appreciate sound minds like yours. There is no meaningful reasons the commission could give at this particular time to support any proposed cancellation of an exercise that was credibly conducted by them about 10 months ago. The whole world is watching them. We don't have any weapon to fight but our voices must speak out and it most be heard. Let us not relent in this crusade. As one of us suggested, we should start tweeting and retweeting @ different twitter handles of agencies and individuals both locally and internationally, especially those that are concerned about education development and human right issues.
Nuel1647:

I believe their decision would be communicated to us ”when they feel like”
We think it would be this month, that is this week or before the end of next week.

Anyone can believe whatever they want at their own expense.

There are 1000 reasons why the scholarship cannot be cancelled, one of which includes an upturn in oil prices. I don't want to join issues with anyone.

It would be easier to continue with the process, as you would have to provide good reasons for its cancellation, and at this point, we can rule out lack of funds. Cancellation would also lead to a backlash, irrespective of the reasons. Why wait this long if you are going to cancel it? Why continue with the scholarship scheme after this cancellation?

As I said before, we know the meeting held over the weekend with the president (represented by vice president Osibanjo) in attendance. We don't know the full details of what was discussed, we don't even know if a decision has been made. I guess we would know in time.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 5:05pm On May 23, 2018
Luck2016:
The truth is bitter but it has to be told. I really appreciate sound minds like yours. There is no meaningful reasons the commission could give at this particular time to support any proposed cancellation of an exercise that was credibly conducted by them about 10 months ago. The whole world is watching them. We don't have any weapon to fight but our voices must speak out and it most be heard. Let us not relent in this crusade. As one of us suggested, we should start tweeting and retweeting @ different twitter handles of agencies and individuals both locally and internationally, especially those that are concerned about education development and human right issues.

Brother good talk. while we are hopeful that the list will be released soonest but where I am worried is that if a Commission could keep people stranded for about 10 months, what do you think they cannot d,o so to say that they can always have their way to make decision irrespective of how we feel.that's my thought anyway.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 5:15pm On May 23, 2018
Na wa oh... Just 4 people tweeting! 1 person is aready a scholar- just helping.
Please if you don't know what to type, just search for @nsimauekere and retweet tweets concerning our plight.
If you know people or agencies we can tag, please post their handles here so we can tag them.

Don't be scared that they will remove your name from the list. Lol... If you aren't proactive & pray, there may be no list at all.

Let's do this collectively!

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 5:36pm On May 23, 2018
Hello good people, some people don't know how to present facts. The hullabaloo about the purported cancellation is this, there appears to be a sharp division between board members in relation to the list. Word has it that the chairman said that there is a "foul play" in the list, so he is not in favor of the list. On the other hand, the people who doctored the list and transmitted the names of their people in are in support of the list being released. Pls note that you can't cancel the list based on your internal disagreement, because there will be no good reasons to give. As we speak, there is some sort of confusion and disagreement amongst the board members. But the fact that no new applications are being requested by the board is a good sign that the list Will survive. That apart, it is not hard to cancel the list, but their problem is the reasons for the cancellation. So those who are trying to gain cheap popularity by trying to make us see how connected they are,and presenting their personal opinions as if its that of the board, should desist from it. No matter how long it takes,the commission will make their decision on this matter public, in due time. With this, all self-appointed spokespersons of NDDC should let us rest with their fake news. For those of us who are already mounting pressure on the commission to release the list through different media (social media inclusive) pls keep up the good work.Don't give up. Someday, I hope very soon, we will look back and say,it wasn't easy but it was worth it.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 9:11pm On May 23, 2018
[quote author=amhot post=67814617]Hello good people, some people don't know how to present facts. The hullabaloo about the purported cancellation is this, there appears to be a sharp division between board members in relation to the list. Word has it that the chairman said that there is a "foul play" in the list, so he is not in favor of the list. On the other hand, the people who doctored the list and transmitted the names of their people in are in support of the list being released. Pls note that you can't cancel the list based on your internal disagreement, because there will be no good reasons to give. As we speak, there is some sort of confusion and disagreement amongst the board members. But the fact that no new applications are being requested by the board is a good sign that the list Will survive. That apart, it is not hard to cancel the list, but their problem is the reasons for the cancellation. So those who are trying to gain cheap popularity by trying to make us see how connected they are,and presenting their personal opinions as if its that of the board, should desist from it. No matter how long it takes,the commission will make their decision on this matter public, in due time. With this, all self-appointed spokespersons of NDDC should let us rest with their fake news. For those of us who are already mounting pressure on the commission to release the list through different media (social media inclusive) pls keep up the good work.Don't give up. Someday, I hope very soon, we will look back and say,it wasn't easy but it was worth it.

And how did you come about this splendid information if you don't mind me asking? We are stuck with too many news from different parties.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 10:47pm On May 23, 2018
@ Sethmelia I will address you and your co-travellers directly for the first time. Why are you guys so pained each time you hear one positive news about the 2017 scholarship process? Why are you so eager to convince us that the process is cancelled, so we should give up. If I recall rightly, you are one of those that peddled the falsehood that NDDC had quietly sent some scholars abroad through the backdoor, now you people are now singing a new tune that the process has been canceled. Are you people not contradicting your selves? You are asking where I got my information from, are you the only person who has got links to people in the commission? Go and check all my posts on platform, I have never made a bogus claim or any false statement on this forum. Let me give you a piece of bad news,the 2017 list will NOT be cancelled. If the list is cancelled I will give you ten thousand Naira. This is not empty talk, hold me to my word if the list is cancelled. Stop being a harbinger of false and negative news on this platform,even if you didn't make it to the interview stage, pls rejoice with those who eventually make it,then reapply again and God will bless your effort. This will be my last direct communication with you.

4 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 11:54pm On May 23, 2018
amhot:
@ Sethmelia I will address you and your co-travellers directly for the first time. Why are you guys so pained each time you hear one positive news about the 2017 scholarship process? Why are you so eager to convince us that the process is cancelled, so we should give up. If I recall rightly, you are one of those that peddled the falsehood that NDDC had quietly sent some scholars abroad through the backdoor, now you people are now singing a new tune that the process has been canceled. Are you people not contradicting your selves? You are asking where I got my information from, are you the only person who has got links to people in the commission? Go and check all my posts on platform, I have never made a bogus claim or any false statement on this forum. Let me give you a piece of bad news,the 2017 list will NOT be cancelled. If the list is cancelled I will give you ten thousand Naira. This is not empty talk, hold me to my word if the list is cancelled. Stop being a harbinger of false and negative news on this platform,even if you didn't make it to the interview stage, pls rejoice with those who eventually make it,then reapply again and God will bless your effort. This will be my last direct communication with you.

Guys take it easy.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Panda9909: 6:13am On May 24, 2018
As one of those who reported that the list had been cancelled and people had been sent outside the country, based solely on what i was told, i would like to apologize as i have seen that so many people are holding tightly to this hope (NDDC) for a better future.
Even after what i heard, i still come to this platform everyday to see if theres any positive development, i still pray and fast and i still have faith in God that it will end in praise. I cant profess my faith in God and be swayed by negative news. I only just reported what i had i been told.
That said, i believe that even as we wait for this scholarship, we ought to keep applying for others. There are so so many out there. Throw in different applications, you may never know which one clicks. A scholarship that cannot even release the list of its successful candidates on time, omo dem go leave you high and dry 4 obodo oyibo o.
Please lets not use this platform for calling people out or talking about how doomed the black race is. We are bigger and better than that. God bless us all and cause our paths to shine bright.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 7:38am On May 24, 2018
[quote author=amhot post=67822359]@ Sethmelia I will address you and your co-travellers directly for the first time. Why are you guys so pained each time you hear one positive news about the 2017 scholarship process? Why are you so eager to convince us that the process is cancelled, so we should give up. If I recall rightly, you are one of those that peddled the falsehood that NDDC had quietly sent some scholars abroad through the backdoor, now you people are now singing a new tune that the process has been canceled. Are you people not contradicting your selves? You are asking where I got my information from, are you the only person who has got links to people in the commission? Go and check all my posts on platform, I have never made a bogus claim or any false statement on this forum. Let me give you a piece of bad news,the 2017 list will NOT be cancelled. If the list is cancelled I will give you ten thousand Naira. This is not empty talk, hold me to my word if the list is cancelled. Stop being a harbinger of false and negative news on this platform,even if you didn't make it to the interview stage, pls rejoice with those who eventually make it,then reapply again and God will bless your effort. This will be my last direct communication with you.

I only asked a question as to verify your claims, nothing more.A lot of us here have been receiving different information as regarding the status of the 2017 list. It's not a quarrel, I am just asking to determine the authenticity of yours.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 3:17pm On May 24, 2018
Whatever happened to Nigerdcritics?
He/she has been MIA since February.

Please let's keep tweeting oh.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by chymeze: 9:19pm On May 24, 2018
amhot:
Hello good people, some people don't know how to present facts. The hullabaloo about the purported cancellation is this, there appears to be a sharp division between board members in relation to the list. Word has it that the chairman said that there is a "foul play" in the list, so he is not in favor of the list. On the other hand, the people who doctored the list and transmitted the names of their people in are in support of the list being released. Pls note that you can't cancel the list based on your internal disagreement, because there will be no good reasons to give. As we speak, there is some sort of confusion and disagreement amongst the board members. But the fact that no new applications are being requested by the board is a good sign that the list Will survive. That apart, it is not hard to cancel the list, but their problem is the reasons for the cancellation. So those who are trying to gain cheap popularity by trying to make us see how connected they are,and presenting their personal opinions as if its that of the board, should desist from it. No matter how long it takes,the commission will make their decision on this matter public, in due time. With this, all self-appointed spokespersons of NDDC should let us rest with their fake news. For those of us who are already mounting pressure on the commission to release the list through different media (social media inclusive) pls keep up the good work.Don't give up. Someday, I hope very soon, we will look back and say,it wasn't easy but it was worth it.
My dear sir, if you think the sources of others are not impeccable enough, what then makes you think your own source is impeccable? And if you think the information of others are their personal opinion not to be trusted what makes us believe yours is not also your personal opinion needed to also be discarded? Point is, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. The bickering over this scholarship thing is too much jor. Truth is, NDDC is replete with incompetent and corrupt fellows!

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 10:02pm On May 24, 2018
chymeze:

My dear sir, if you think the sources of others are not impeccable enough, what then makes you think your own source is impeccable? And if you think the information of others are their personal opinion not to be trusted what makes us believe yours is not also your personal opinion needed to also be discarded? Point is, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. The bickering over this scholarship thing is too much jor. Truth is, NDDC is replete with incompetent and corrupt fellows!
I don't have time to banter or exchange words with you. We are looking for people to tweet and retweet at Nsima Ekere's twitter handle. Go there and show your power,internet warrior.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 10:18am On May 25, 2018
BREAKING NEWS!!!!! NDDC FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP FRESH APPLICATIONS WILL BE OUT 2ND WEEK OF NEXT MONTH......THIS APPLICATION IS FOR 2017 AND 2018 PROSPECTIVE AWARDEES.. BE PREPARED.....

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Luck2016: 12:29pm On May 25, 2018
That's a "good one." So the 2017/2018 list of awardees would be released second week of next month. Well, kudos to NDDC for their inconsistencies. Whatever being the case, we are waiting
sethmelia002:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!! NDDC FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP FRESH APPLICATIONS WILL BE OUT 2ND WEEK OF NEXT MONTH......THIS APPLICATION IS FOR 2017 AND 2018 PROSPECTIVE AWARDEES.. BE PREPARED.....

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 3:00pm On May 25, 2018
sethmelia002:

There might be some truth in this. I have heard positive information concerning payments and a fresh application (2018/2019) but none concerning the List. I wonder why no one seems to know anything about it.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 3:33pm On May 25, 2018
Nuel1647:

There might be some truth in this. I have heard positive information concerning payments and a fresh application (2018/2019) but none concerning the List. I wonder why no one seems to know anything about it.

I smell something. God help us for this awaited 2017 list
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Luck2016: 4:20pm On May 25, 2018
Twitter handles to tweet:
Transparency Int'l(@anticorruption)
Sahara Reporters (@SaharaReporters)
EFCC Nigeria (@officialEFCC)
ICPCNigeria (@ICPC_PE)
Adeola Fayehun (@AdeolaFayehun)

Lets start tweeting and retweeting.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 9:55am On May 26, 2018
Luck2016:
That's a "good one." So the 2017/2018 list of awardees would be released second week of next month. Well, kudos to NDDC for their inconsistencies. Whatever being the case, we are waiting

What do you mean by this application is for 2017 and 2018 prospective awardee? I
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Luck2016: 2:19pm On May 26, 2018
Please this question should not be directed at me. Am not the originator of the information. By my own understanding, it is most likely that the list of 2017 prospective awardees would be released by second week of June. That's my thought.
choicecad:

What do you mean by this application is for 2017 and 2018 prospective awardee? I
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 6:41am On May 27, 2018
Nigeria's oil wealth belongs to all us not a collective few, we must understand this. I'm infuriated by the fact that most of us are busy throwing jabs at each other when we should be busy with the task before us - the release of the list. For the records, after the Jonathan immigration recruitment debacle, he got a consultant to do a fair and free recruitment. This was conducted, but the powers that be never wanted the eventual beneficiaries to get their appointments. Those guys suffered. They gave it massive publicity and went as far as staging a protest in the national assembly. They tried bullying them, but they wouldn't bulge. In the long run, the 2000 names initially penned, only 800 people got the jobs. Fast forward to a few months later, another recruitment was conducted but this time not the free and fair one. The children of our so-called leaders were chosen. Most of those guys schooled abroad, they don't even need the goddamn job- permit my choice of words please. As my source told me, the present education minister's son is in there. To add insult to injury, they were placed above those they recruited before them in terms of level and of course posted to juicy locations. Most of these guys are rich, their salaries (normal salaries), I mean will only serve as their pocket money. But their parents are looking at their future. They are placed in sensitive positions, to pave way for the northern agenda - the much talked about federal character is all bullshit to Buhari and his cronies.

Why this story? We have to wake up and fight for what belongs to us. By fighting, I don't mean with physical weapons. Let's wage a twitter war simple. When I searched '#NNDC2017 list' on twitter, nothing came up. We have to arise. At some point, we may have to even converge at PH or Abuja to carry this to the next level. But for now let's start this twitter war. Tag all that matter in government, the media and other influencers on social media. The senate, channels tv,Mbuhari,Prof Osibanjo, Saraki, NDDC themselves, Dino, EFCC, etc. Don't tell me that you're busy, we all are. Do something to save your future and that of your unborn children. Our scholarship funds are presumably sitting in someone's account and yielding massive interest, why we rot here. Fight or else the 2017 list will be thrashed forever.

As I type this, a lot of things are trending, famous being #UCLfinal with 1.69m tweets. Let's add '#2017NDDClist'. I have started, but we need more hands. Recall how the #ENDSARS campaign trended? Let start ours till everyone hears it.

Lastly, the 2017 PTDF guys we had our test and interviews at about the same time should be done( for those who sent for master degrees) soon. Another set of interviews have been conducted and they should leave in September again. If that happens that is doing a double on us, it will be a massive shame. For those thinking about another test in June. If that happens, the list from that test and eventual interview will be released in 2019. Just so that you know, scholarship bodies that are serious about meeting deadlines have done their scholarships long before now( Chevening in 2017, Commonwealth earlier this year- the list will be out in June, PTDF has followed suit). Don't EVER trust NDDC to start a process in June and conclude it before September.

Well, I have started. Here's my link:https://twitter.com/Living_Hope2018. Our destinies are ours for the taking, won't you arise?

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 6:45am On May 27, 2018
BRAINNY:
Nigeria's oil wealth belongs to all us not a collective few, we must understand this. I'm infuriated by the fact that most of us are busy throwing jabs at each other when we should be busy with the task before us - the release of the list. For the records, after the Jonathan immigration recruitment debacle, he got a consultant to do a fair and free recruitment. This was conducted, but the powers that be never wanted the eventual beneficiaries to get their appointments. Those guys suffered. They gave it massive publicity and went as far as staging a protest in the national assembly. They tried bullying them, but they wouldn't bulge. In the long run, the 2000 names initially penned, only 800 people got the jobs. Fast forward to a few months later, another recruitment was conducted but this time not the free and fair one. The children of our so-called leaders were chosen. Most of those guys schooled abroad, they don't even need the goddamn job- permit my choice of words please. As my source told me, the present education minister's son is in there. To add insult to injury, they were placed above those they recruited before them in terms of level and of course posted to juicy locations. Most of these guys are rich, their salaries (normal salaries), I mean will only serve as their pocket money. But their parents are looking at their future. They are placed in sensitive positions, to pave way for the northern agenda - the much talked about federal character is all bullshit to Buhari and his cronies.

Why this story? We have to wake up and fight for what belongs to us. By fighting, I don't mean with physical weapons. Let's wage a twitter war simple. When I searched '#NNDC2017 list' on twitter, nothing came up. We have to arise. At some point, we may have to even converge at PH or Abuja to carry this to the next level. But for now let's start this twitter war. Tag all that matter in government, the media and other influencers on social media. The senate, channels tv,Mbuhari,Prof Osibanjo, Saraki, NDDC themselves, Dino, EFCC, etc. Don't tell me that you're busy, we all are. Do something to save your future and that of your unborn children. Our scholarship funds are presumably sitting in someone's account and yielding massive interest, why we rot here. Fight or else the 2017 list will be thrashed forever.

As I type this, a lot of things are trending, famous being #UCLfinal with 1.69m tweets. Let's add '#2017NDDClist'. I have started, but we need more hands. Recall how the #ENDSARS campaign trended? Let start ours till everyone hears it.

Lastly, the 2017 PTDF guys we had our test and interviews at about the same time should be done( for those who sent for master degrees) soon. Another set of interviews have been conducted and they should leave in September again. If that happens that is doing a double on us, it will be a massive shame. For those thinking about another test in June. If that happens, the list from that test and eventual interview will be released in 2019. Just so that you know, scholarship bodies that are serious about meeting deadlines have done their scholarships long before now( Chevening in 2017, Commonwealth earlier this year- the list will be out in June, PTDF has followed suit). Don't EVER trust NDDC to start a process in June and conclude it before September.

Well, I have started. Here's my link:https://twitter.com/Living_Hope2018. Our destinies are ours for the taking, won't you arise?

Tweet and retweet. Tag others in this struggle. The "#2017NDDClist" will be out soon if we push for it. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 9:40am On May 27, 2018
BRAINNY:

Tweet and retweet. Tag others in this struggle. The "#2017NDDClist" will be out soon if we push for it. Cheers!

This is the best post I've read on this thread in a long time
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 9:51am On May 27, 2018
Just put up my first tweet
#NDDC2017list
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 1:23pm On May 27, 2018
For consistency, let's use this hashtag "#NDDC2017list", God bless the person that created the twitter handle: https://twitter.com/NDDC_Class2017. There are 746 tweets. Let's popularize it. Don't forget to use the hashtag "#NDDC2017list", for consistency. May God bless our efforts.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Luck2016: 3:12pm On May 28, 2018
THE CRIES OF THE MARGINALISED: A CASE OF THE PROSPECTIVE 2017 NDDC FOREIGN POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDEES

The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) in May, 2017 advertised on its website the 2017 NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship and called for application from suitably qualified candidates in the 9 (nine) NDDC states of Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross Rivers, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers, who gained admissions to pursue MSc. and PhD degrees overseas in diverse professional fields that could contribute to rapid development of the oil producing region and curb youth restiveness. The commission invited shortlisted candidates for the Computer Based Test (CBT) in July, 2017 at the Rivers State University, Nkpolu, Portharcourt, Nigeria. Barely a week after the conclusion of the CBT, candidates who met the commission’s prescribed cut-off mark were invited for an oral interview at the Golden Tulip Hotel, GRA, Portharcout, Nigeria. The candidates were requested to bring along both originals and photocopies of credentials and other specified documents. Successful candidates in the exercise were expected to resume full academic work by September, 2017 in different institutions across the globe. While prospective scholars were waiting for the release of the list of successful awardees, to their utmost surprise, the management of the Commission announced the suspension of the exercise citing non-payment of previous scholars as the reason behind their action. Prospective scholars in the 2017 NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship accepted the development until January, 2018 when it was gathered that the payments have been made to the scholars.
Candidates who participated in the oral interview were supposed to be paid transport stipend of N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only (about USD 27.80) on the day of the interview. However, they were asked to provide their account details for the payments to be made after the approval of the NDDC budget of 2017 as alleged by the Commission. Several months elapsed; nothing was heard from the Commission, until on March 19, 2018, messages were sent out through emails with a link requesting for bank information for payment of the transport stipend. The details were supplied by the affected candidates. It was on May 4, 2018 that candidates received the sum of N 8, 450.00 (Eight Thousand, Four Hundred and Fifty Naira) only (about USD 23.49) from Marg Education International Limited, Portharcout, Nigeria as against the earlier N10, 000.00 agreed by NDDC. Many were confused and had even wanted to formally report to their various banks that the transactions were made in error until it was confirmed that the deposits were made by Marg Education International Limited on behalf of NDDC after tax deductions as alleged.
The MD/CEO of NDDC in the person of Mr. Nsima U. Ekere had earlier promised as published in the NDDC website that every issues relating to the NDDC scholarship scheme will be concluded by May, 2018 in order to enable scholars resume studies fully by September, 2018. May has come and gone, the story remained unchanged. This has amounted to about 12 (twelve) months the Commission started the process of 2017 NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship. There are so many speculations and rumours surrounding the credibility of the purported exercise, considering the fact that other Federal Government of Nigeria agencies and commissions that organise similar scholarship programme concluded their 2017 scholarship programmes and successful candidates left the shores of Nigeria to study in various institutions abroad. Some of the scholarship awarding agencies are almost concluding their 2018 scholarship scheme; yet, NDDC has not released the list of successful candidates in their 2017 scholarship scheme let alone mobilising them for onward movement overseas even though the 2017 budget was approved long ago and the 2018 budget passed by the legislative chambers waiting for the presidential assent. Previous scholars have been complaining of gross negligence by the commission and some are almost at the verge of being sent back due to irregular payment of tuition fees and living expenses by the Commission.
2017 candidates of NDDC foreign postgraduate scholarship scheme are requesting that;
1) The commission under the control of Senator Victor Ndoma Egba as chairman and Mr Nsima U. Ekere as MD/CEO should release the long awaited 2017 list of successful candidates for the award of the foreign postgraduate scholarship.
2) Investigation be carried out on the credibility or otherwise of the list of candidates captured in the 2017 scholarship scheme. This has become necessary due to the very long delay in the conclusion of an exercise that was started 12 (twelve) months ago. It is alleged that the Commission has sent some “scholars” abroad through the “back door”. This should be verified once the list is released. This could be done by confirming from the institutions where all the scholars whose names appeared on the list as to when he/she resumed studies, when was the tuition fees paid and who made the initial and subsequent payments of the fees.
3) The Commission should ensure that all the benefits due to the qualified beneficiaries of the 2017 NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship and those of previous scholars be paid and on time hence forth.

Guys! What are your views, comments, contributions and suggestions on the above query? I am considering we forward this and other submissions that might be made by us all to Transparency International and ICPC as a petition against NDDC on the long awaited list if Mr Nsima U. Ekere fails to keep to his words by the end of this month. Your responses are urgently needed. Thanks and remain resolute in the struggle. Victory is assured.

6 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 5:09pm On May 28, 2018
Luck2016:
THE CRIES OF THE MARGINALISED: A CASE OF THE PROSPECTIVE 2017 NDDC FOREIGN POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDEES

The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) in May, 2017 advertised on its website the 2017 NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship and called for application from suitably qualified candidates in the 9 (nine) NDDC states of Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross Rivers, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers, who gained admissions to pursue MSc. and PhD degrees overseas in diverse professional fields that could contribute to rapid development of the oil producing region and curb youth restiveness. The commission invited shortlisted candidates for the Computer Based Test (CBT) in July, 2017 at the Rivers State University, Nkpolu, Portharcourt, Nigeria. Barely a week after the conclusion of the CBT, candidates who met the commission’s prescribed cut-off mark were invited for an oral interview at the Golden Tulip Hotel, GRA, Portharcout, Nigeria. The candidates were requested to bring along both originals and photocopies of credentials and other specified documents. Successful candidates in the exercise were expected to resume full academic work by September, 2017 in different institutions across the globe. While prospective scholars were waiting for the release of the list of successful awardees, to their utmost surprise, the management of the Commission announced the suspension of the exercise citing non-payment of previous scholars as the reason behind their action. Prospective scholars in the 2017 NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship accepted the development until January, 2018 when it was gathered that the payments have been made to the scholars.
Candidates who participated in the oral interview were supposed to be paid transport stipend of N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only (about USD 27.80) on the day of the interview. However, they were asked to provide their account details for the payments to be made after the approval of the NDDC budget of 2017 as alleged by the Commission. Several months elapsed; nothing was heard from the Commission, until on March 19, 2018, messages were sent out through emails with a link requesting for bank information for payment of the transport stipend. The details were supplied by the affected candidates. It was on May 4, 2018 that candidates received the sum of N 8, 450.00 (Eight Thousand, Four Hundred and Fifty Naira) only (about USD 23.49) from Marg Education International Limited, Portharcout, Nigeria as against the earlier N10, 000.00 agreed by NDDC. Many were confused and had even wanted to formally report to their various banks that the transactions were made in error until it was confirmed that the deposits were made by Marg Education International Limited on behalf of NDDC after tax deductions as alleged.
The MD/CEO of NDDC in the person of Mr. Nsima U. Ekere had earlier promised as published in the NDDC website that every issues relating to the NDDC scholarship scheme will be concluded by May, 2018 in order to enable scholars resume studies fully by September, 2018. May has come and gone, the story remained unchanged. This has amounted to about 12 (twelve) months the Commission started the process of 2017 NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship. There are so many speculations and rumours surrounding the credibility of the purported exercise, considering the fact that other Federal Government of Nigeria agencies and commissions that organise similar scholarship programme concluded their 2017 scholarship programmes and successful candidates left the shores of Nigeria to study in various institutions abroad. Some of the scholarship awarding agencies are almost concluding their 2018 scholarship scheme; yet, NDDC has not released the list of successful candidates in their 2017 scholarship scheme let alone mobilising them for onward movement overseas even though the 2017 budget was approved long ago and the 2018 budget passed by the legislative chambers waiting for the presidential assent. Previous scholars have been complaining of gross negligence by the commission and some are almost at the verge of being sent back due to irregular payment of tuition fees and living expenses by the Commission.
2017 candidates of NDDC foreign postgraduate scholarship scheme are requesting that;
1) The commission under the control of Senator Victor Ndoma Egba as chairman and Mr Nsima U. Ekere as MD/CEO should release the long awaited 2017 list of successful candidates for the award of the foreign postgraduate scholarship.
2) Investigation be carried out on the credibility or otherwise of the list of candidates captured in the 2017 scholarship scheme. This has become necessary due to the very long delay in the conclusion of an exercise that was started 12 (twelve) months ago. It is alleged that the Commission has sent some “scholars” abroad through the “back door”. This should be verified once the list is released. This could be done by confirming from the institutions where all the scholars whose names appeared on the list as to when he/she resumed studies, when was the tuition fees paid and who made the initial and subsequent payments of the fees.
3) The Commission should ensure that all the benefits due to the qualified beneficiaries of the 2017 NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship and those of previous scholars be paid and on time hence forth.

Guys! What are your views, comments, contributions and suggestions on the above query? I am considering we forward this and other submissions that might be made by us all to Transparency International and ICPC as a petition against NDDC on the long awaited list if Mr Nsima U. Ekere fails to keep to his words by the end of this month. Your responses are urgently needed. Thanks and remain resolute in the struggle. Victory is assured.
Thumbs up. The media houses too should be contacted to publish these.

4 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 8:03pm On May 28, 2018
@ Luck2016 your writeup is comprehensive and all encompassing. If we can get even one national newspaper to publish this writeup,you will all be amazed at the rapid and positive attention it will generate. Thumbs up bro.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by choicecad: 10:48pm On May 28, 2018
Luck2016:

Lets try to get Government attention by also letting them know that this has never happened before since the inception of NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship, thus discrediting this present Government. they would try to find out y..that's my take
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Luck2016: 8:32am On May 29, 2018
Your contribution is most welcomed. Still waiting for other contributions, constructive criticisms and the likes before it is finally disseminated.
choicecad:

Lets try to get Government attention by also letting them know that this has never happened before since the inception of NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship, thus discrediting this present Government. they would try to find out y..that's my take

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (105) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.