Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! (8935 Views)

Diezani Finally Talked With Me Today!! I Was Going Mad Already / Much Talked About Onitsha Mosque Demolished! / Yar'adua Talked To Mend: Yar’adua, I Say He Should Search His Conscience - Dokub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Mbeki: 6:44am On Jan 06, 2010
President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua yesterday called key government officials, including Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan, on phone and spoke with them on key national issues, his Chief Economic Adviser, Mallam Tanimu Yakubu, informed THISDAY last night.Of paramount importance to him now, according to Yakubu, is the passage of the anti-terrorism bill which Yar’Adua forwarded to the National Assembly in October 2009.

The importance of the bill now is obviously highlighted by the recent alleged attempt by a Nigerian, Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab, to bomb an American airliner.
This incident has led to the blacklisting of Nigeria by the US authorities as a “country of interest” in its global war against terrorism.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=163536
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by trueword: 6:52am On Jan 06, 2010
I don't belive that Yar'Adua did anything. I don't believe that there was ever an anti-terroism bill. This is probably just a lie that they will try to use to get the U.S. to think that the govt. is serious about fighting terrorism or doing anything as a matter of fact. Since when did any of the people running Nigeria ever concern themselve with fighting terrorism?
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Demdem(m): 6:52am On Jan 06, 2010
OK>>> who are the Nigerians he spoke with

Mbeki:

President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua yesterday called key government officials, including Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan, on phone and spoke with them on key national issues, his Chief Economic Adviser, Mallam Tanimu Yakubu, informed THISDAY last night.Of paramount importance to him now, according to Yakubu, is the passage of the anti-terrorism bill which Yar’Adua forwarded to the National Assembly in October 2009.

The importance of the bill now is obviously highlighted by the recent alleged attempt by a Nigerian, Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab, to bomb an American airliner.
This incident has led to the blacklisting of Nigeria by the US authorities as a “country of interest” in its global war against terrorism.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=163536

Let him come on Air and speak to the real Nigerians.
i honestly dont believe this story. Until i see him with my 2 korokoro eyes, i still stand by my belief that the guy is medically unfit to rule.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by dominique(f): 9:57am On Jan 06, 2010
this topic is real funny. . . who are the Nigerians he spoke with? the lying politicians of course
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by chidichris(m): 10:08am On Jan 06, 2010
as the day go by, nigeria grow in stupidity.
if there is anything worth regretting, it is being a nigerian.
can these embeciles give us the number with which the idiot called? where did he call from? are there no televissions over there? why did he choose few ppl against the over 150 million nigerians that have been asking questions?
those whose names were mentioned in relation to the so called telephone calls are the biggest idiots of our time.
who made them our eyes and ears? that stupid aboki shld make it a point of duty to call every nigerian on his or her phone.
how can someone without voice na d brain make a call?
we are nothing but a fraud in the name of a country.
may God punish obasanjo for imposing this idiot on nigeria. may the sufferings of poor nigerians who have been forved into slavery all over the world be their portion in this life and their lives to come.
if throughly thisday reported this, they are very stupid to even print such a nasty news and sale to the public just to please their paid masters.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by OAM4J: 10:16am On Jan 06, 2010
If he is alive & well, what will it cost him to make 1 or 2mins broadcast to Nigerians?

I refused to be fooled.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by kshow1(m): 10:22am On Jan 06, 2010
dominique:

this topic is real funny. . . who are the[b] LIVING [/b] [s][/s]Nigerians he spoke with? the lying politicians of course
Probably he spoke with my grand parents
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 06, 2010
This Tanimu Yakubu of a fool thinks he can sell this type of cheap talk abi?.

May thunder blast all of them away from the surface of this earth including the stubborn "president".
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by kshow1(m): 10:26am On Jan 06, 2010
OAM4J:

If he is alive & well, what will it cost him to make 1 or 2mins broadcast to Nigerians?

I refused to be fooled.

Guy how can someone on life support speak, you are not fooled they are only fooling themsleves
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by pacodas: 10:28am On Jan 06, 2010
Hmm,
This strange fabulous stories confirms our fears that Yar'Adua may be dead or half dead else why can't a 2mins video record of his speech be played on air.

Joke: Are you sure they are not building another Yar' Adua abroad via plastic surgery and all this delay tactics
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by otokx(m): 10:29am On Jan 06, 2010
Big lie
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Mbeki: 10:47am On Jan 06, 2010
trueword:

I don't belive that Yar'Adua did anything. I don't believe that there was ever an anti-terroism bill. This is probably just a lie that they will try to use to get the U.S. to think that the govt. is serious about fighting terrorism or doing anything as a matter of fact. Since when did any of the people running Nigeria ever concern themselve with fighting terrorism?

Yar'adua actually sent a bill to the House of Reps on OCtober 12,2009. it was titled "A BILL FOR AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR MEASURES TO COMBAT TERRORISM"

it was read on the floor of the House on October 20, 2009 by the speaker
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by chidichris(m): 10:48am On Jan 06, 2010
that embecile they call afam shld be quick to protect this new found joke.
yar adua spoke to a few nigerians.
no wonder nigerian movies are no longer making waves as the govt has taken over the movie industries.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by sammyzacks(m): 10:57am On Jan 06, 2010
NTA no fit go saudi to have an audience with the president? Yaradua can do better.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Kratos007(m): 11:02am On Jan 06, 2010
yaradull has been dead for 2 weeks. the politicians are taking you poor suckers for a ride
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by DrKnow1(m): 11:04am On Jan 06, 2010
They will try every trick in the book. The same Kitchen Cabinet again, who are they fooling? It's rather too late now, talking after 44 days of absence without informing the country as provided in the constitution. That in itself amounts to contempt of the people which should be an impeachable offence.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by adventure(m): 11:14am On Jan 06, 2010
God Punish all the politicians in Nigeria, they are all BIG fools and lairs, they will all perish in a day. idiots.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Mbeki: 11:17am On Jan 06, 2010
Why did he speak through the  Chief Economic Adviser instead of the minister of information. What has terrorism attempt has to do with the economic adviser?
How did the adviser knew he spoke with other officials.

I don't know y our leaders keeps telling lies upon lies without shame.
Will see the end of all these drama one day
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by debetmx(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2010
This educated aboki thinks we are so stupid. He should play on national tv the transcript of the call
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Mbeki: 11:31am On Jan 06, 2010
I use to respect thisday newspaper, but of late, they've proved that they are sycophant. or why did they not asked the adviser to provide them with the number he used to call.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by globalaid(m): 11:37am On Jan 06, 2010
this day newspaper is fast becoming a goverment propaganda mouthpiece, is it because one of them is working in aso rock, i cant believe the type of journalist being practice nowadays, full of garbage
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Beaf: 11:41am On Jan 06, 2010
Mbeki:

Yar'adua actually sent a bill to the House of Reps on OCtober 12,2009. it was titled "A BILL FOR AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR MEASURES TO COMBAT TERRORISM"

it was read on the floor of the House on October 20, 2009 by the speaker

One day is one day, unu go kill pesin wit laugh o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Mbeki: 11:57am On Jan 06, 2010
Beaf:

One day is one day, unu go kill pesin wit laugh o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

It's true he sent a bill to the national assembly on the said date.

Source: http://www.placng.org/hvpOct20.pdf

but that he called yesterday is a crude joke. Nigerians are being regarded as a docile fool by these magots
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Beaf: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2010
Mbeki:

It's true he sent a bill to the national assembly on the said date.

Source: http://www.placng.org/hvpOct20.pdf

but that he called yesterday is a crude joke. Nigerians are being regarded as a docile fool by these magots

Hmmm, the terrorism bill seems to pan out, but I wonder if it was targetted at Boko Haram and Kala-Kato style terrorists, or if it was to "rebrand" MEND? Na wa!

I am afraid that Nigerians have proven to be docile to a fault.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by drpompay(m): 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2010
Re: which yar-adua?maybe its Shehu not Umaru?let dis political job-seekers stop deceivin Nigerians,dat is if there is anytin like 'NIGERIAN' because its obvious dat dat word is a word of convenience for us in d so called Nigeria. How do we explain a country without a president 4 more dan 40 days cos d north feel dey must rule for 8 yrs (unpunctuated), after al d south thru obj ruled 4 8 yrs,why cant shehu,sorry umaru speak 2 nigerians rather his ghost chose 2 speak to those who we all no are born liars.let us stop deceivin our ourselves dis nation is only 2gether because there is oil money 4m d south,if not dose sokoto muturus,katsina mafias,etc would 've long pushed us away,whether umaru speak or not,d people i pity is those of us 4m d south cos we are actually d problem to ourselves,but let every one know dat d acid test 4 dis nation is comin and comin very soon
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by suxes2005(m): 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2010
I cnt believe that. if truly he talked den let us hear his voice

SHALOM
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by ProAnti: 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2010
A president calling his people has become a news item. What a shame!!!
The demonic hands that have been holding Nigeria hostage will soon go limp.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Groovy1(m): 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2010
I am sure it must be the trial version of his clone that called, Make dem air the recording make we hear.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by safeact(m): 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2010
Let d drama continue!
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by Czario: 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2010
Poor mrs IBB also 'spoke' to Vanguard Newspapers . 2 weeks later she was dead.
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by ChapelleS: 4:24pm On Jan 06, 2010
[size=20pt]Na the same people.Why couldn't the anu ofia give Nigerians a video conference new year massage? Or we don't deserve it after all the 40 days dry fasting and prayers,chei,chineke muooo,Ndi ga agbu mmadu[/size]
Re: At Last! Yaradua Talked To Nigerians! by muhsin(m): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2010
This is 9ja at last.

I am stunned at people's fusses over this saga, wallahi. Myriad stories are spreading everywhere. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What John Zibiri Said About Nigeria. Is It True? / Inibehe Effiong: Count Senator Akpabio Out Of Your Phantom Assassination Plot / Buhari To Visit Benue On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.