Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? (18133 Views)

How Much Will You Charge For Creating A Professional Blog? / How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? / Web Masters: How Much Will You Charge To Manage A Company's Website! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by odiaseo(m): 11:46am On Dec 18, 2007
It requires more expertise and confidence to tune a template to your taste. In my experience as a web designer, it is easier to build a website from scratch that to fine tune a template ore re-design a website (depending on the complexity of the template).

Back to the original topic on how much to charge for web design. Your rates should depend on how much work is required to be done, how much you value your time and expertise and how valuable the project is to your client.

This is the information age and ignorance is very expensive. What might seem easy for you to do may be a Herculean task for another. Don't underestimate you knowledge and how much you should charge for it, it's business and the law of demand and supply holds.

For charities, I personally offer a discount

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by knzguru(m): 10:21pm On Nov 23, 2008
Hello webmasters, i am a young entreprenuer and i need a website as a value added service to my clients. the website is to be a business directory where my clients can control their profiles.

Pls send me an email of your biz details, past clients (with a list of sites u hav developed for them) and a cost estimate for 1)hosting, 2)design and 3)programming. Pls understand dat my budget is not much and i will only respond to proposals within my reach.

I look forward to working with you. thank you

knzguru@yahoo.com
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by brian12: 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2009
It depends on the design functionality you want to add in your website.

You will find packaged based services here and there. Often you cant decide which is better for you.

I have tried some free services which provide you the customized Price and Rates according to your website development.

I got best result and saved my expense.

http://www.bitwords.com/ecommerce-web-design-services-company-quote.php

this is a website which provides Cheapest rates for website design just by few clicks.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by sholyboy89: 2:07am On Aug 21, 2009
$700 if no no programming is involved
Even if I have to program I don't usually charge higher than that.
$ 2000 if implemented with a CMS.
$100 per hour for companies and institutions.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by yawatide(f): 2:52am On Aug 21, 2009
geez sholyboy, I need to start hanging out with you tongue
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Nobody: 3:04am On Aug 21, 2009
Ehen! i need to upgrade my pricing!
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Cactus(m): 4:22am On Aug 21, 2009
men if I can get 100$/hr in Nigeria.

I am moving to Nigeria to start a full service web application development company. Will be churning out sites each week. Get contracts, outsource the work for cheaps. and keep getting more contracts. so I get money without doing anything.

Oh my so possible.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Nobody: 5:12am On Aug 21, 2009
Very much possible, i do that so many times. The actual sites i developed from the scratch is not up to 5 yet.
I collabo most of the time when the pay is good, and outsource plenty to those i have proven to be good
and not so expensive too. And do the cleanups later to make sure if satisfy my minimal standards before
releasing it to the client.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Cactus(m): 5:22am On Aug 21, 2009
I think this is a good read

Source:
http://www.solosignal.com/how-much-should-web-site-design-development-and-hosting-cost

How Much Should Web Site Design, Development, and Hosting Cost?
-----------------
Once upon a time there was a steam generating plant that was not producing much steam. After a frustrating search for the cause, the plant manager, in desperation, called in an expert. After only two hours on site, the expert found the problem and placed “X’s” on two pipes that were causing the problem, saying that they had to be removed.

When presented with the bill, the plant manager asked the consultant how he could charge $5,000.00 for only two hours of work. When he asked for an itemized bill, this is what he got:

1. $400.00 - Placing “X’s” on two pipes

2. $4,600.00 - Knowing where to place the “X’s”

The plant manager got what he paid for and probably a lot more. He had already used up more than that amount on his own staff not to mention the loss in revenue while the plant was shut down. For him, securing the advisory services of a consultant was the right thing to do.
---------------
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by yawatide(f): 10:54am On Aug 21, 2009
Cactus, I like #2 tongue

Therein lies the difference between an agbero developer and a professional. Anyone can slap things anywhere they like on a site but only a professional will know why they placed what where and have the solid argument to back it up, not minding losing the client in the process, if that is what it takes to maintain his/her integrity and reputation.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2009
Website varies in functionalty, thus their prices.
foryou:

How much dose it cost to set up a Good dating site?

I have worked on customization of osDate it is good for dating. The price depend on the level of changes you want (say $400 - $900).

For development from the scratch: $1500 - $5000 (depending on the features you want)

sholyboy89:

$700 if no no programming is involved
Even if I have to program I don't usually charge higher than that.
$ 2000 if implemented with a CMS.
$100 per hour for companies and institutions.
Please, can I become part of your team. I can assure you, If get just $15/hr and you take the remaining $85 I don't mind.

@Knzguru I am interested
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by bizkit(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2009
personally I believe it varies per the creativity factor of the designer, but basically the prices which have been cited so far are perfect

http://bizkitbizkit..com/
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by kanna84: 7:47am On Mar 24, 2010
Thank you for the best information from you. Then i got my domain name as an international one with free hosting srevices from this site http://www.tucktail.com/ got @ lowest costs only. Also they giving me the good services and also free too like, • FREE Photo Album • FREE! Quick Blogcast • FREE! Hosting with Site Builder • FREE! Personalized Email • FREE! Forwarding / Masking • FREE! 100-Pack Email Forwarding • FREE! Starter Web Page • FREE! "For Sale" Parked Page • FREE! Parked Page w/ Domain • FREE! Total DNS Control • FREE! Change of Registration • FREE! Status Alerts • FREE! Domain Name Locking
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by blowh4ck: 8:37am On Mar 25, 2010
"Register TOEFL iBT @ J'adoube Edu Consult"

Hello,

J'adoube Edu Consult has brought the solutions to interested TOEFL students trying to apply for

foreign schools abroad. Its very simple visit our website hxxp:jadoubeeduconsult.com/toefl.html and

register your details correctly. Your TOEFL profile created on your behalf with your

USERNAME/PASSWORD/ETS ID/TEST CENTER and TOEFL test identification form which will be sent to your email

address within 24hrs after we confirm your payment. Our primary responsibility at jadoubeeduconsult.com

is to make payment of the TOEFL exam fee of $175 to TOEFL on your behalf because Nigeria has been

blacklisted from countries eligible to pay directly to TOEFL. Students will be registered to available

TOEFL test centers in there states or neighboring state. Please Note we are not a Training Center,

TOEFL practice questions will be sent to students registering through us.

For more info email admin@jadoubeeduconsult.com or abolaji_omoakin@yahoo.com or call Bolaji @ 08121430708

* Register For TOEFL In Nigeria Today !!!

Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by bug24(m): 10:55am On Mar 25, 2010
Mehn, i see dis prices and i wonda wot y'all say if u see wot dis guys in PH are charging 4 web designs. they hav spoilt d market here. placing large banners here & there WEB HOSTING/DESIGN = N15,000.00 guys, i'm tired of dis cheap spoilers.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by DualCore1: 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2010
^^ first place i saw that banner was in woji, i wasnt bothered cuz woji na interior. Second place was at one interior place again in trans-amadi. I no talk too. I could help but say some %&$% when i was on Aba road and saw it on the road.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Afam(m): 2:11pm On Mar 25, 2010
bug24:

Mehn, i see dis prices and i wonda wot y'all say if u see wot dis guys in PH are charging 4 web designs. they hav spoilt d market here. placing large banners here & there WEB HOSTING/DESIGN = N15,000.00 guys, i'm tired of dis cheap spoilers.

The easiest way to run into trouble in business is to focus on price wars instead of delivering quality services.

Even though clients would want the cheapest solutions just remember that most times the quality of projects suffer and before you know it the same client that was looking for the lowest cost would not mind paying a lot more as long as he/she is assured of quality.

You don't have control over what others will charge (whether higher or lower) but you have control over the quality of projects you deliver. Focus on this and you will not be making a mistake.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2010
That's true. We should focus more on standard and you will see that people will rate you higher than 15k.

When i started many peeps wanted to exploit me. If i bill them 40k them go shout, You are not yet a business man na.

But now if i shout 60k, them go pay one hand, Cause they believe in the standard of both my design and the availability and up time i strive to make sure their site posses.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by oddworldstranger(m): 7:07pm On Mar 27, 2010
Thanks for the info
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by raffite: 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
Good Website Design for only N10,000

Checkout our sample designs:
www.trademapngr.com
www.africanasports.com

Call: 08035070731 while offer lasts.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Knetpro(m): 11:58pm On Jan 08, 2012
Website design, did you say?

Well, compare the following sites: http://www.true-love-and-marriage-relationship-advice.com, http://www.kome-computers.com and http://www.thenigeriahost.net.

After comparing them, do you find anything interesting about those sites? Do you like their overall site design, as well as their look and feel? What about their navigation links and the whole structure of the sites? Is the designs professional in outlook? Do they serve their purpose?

What if I told you that I single-handedly built those sites from the bottom up all alone, would you believe it? But, how much do you think that I paid to get them up to their present states? What if I told you that I spent $10,000 to put them together, would you believe it?

Maybe so, maybe not. But, in truth, I spent N-O-T-H-I-N-G to create the look and feel and the overall design of those websites! And that's because I built them myself!

But, how much would I charge to design a website and launch it on the worldwide web today? I think =N=20,000 for 20 pages should do it. And that's the cheapest price that you will find anywhere on the net!

Visit http://hosting.thenigeriahost.net for details and to request the building of your website. Or call 08034563447 now to get a personal one-on-one consultation.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by olobank: 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
Hi all,
if you are a webmaster or you have a website and you want your clients to pay you for your services to your bank account from the site,via etranzact and interswitch, i can hook you up for free. check more info out at https://voguepay.com/12340-5434
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by dayssolalee(m): 10:05am On Jan 31, 2023
Are you looking for a good website designer? Look no further for your Custom Website Design & Development Services, we will give the best Price for your business website development in Nigeria

SEO Optimized Website
Responsive Website Design
A Year Cloud Hosting Service
A Year Domain Payment
Ecommerce Web Design
Custom Web Design

https://ola.com.ng/product/website-design-and-development-services-silver-package/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Things You Must Have And Do Before Applying For Adsense / Multiple Websites experiencing Massive Internet Outage / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.