Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

South Africa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa (18747 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa by yoruba: 10:00am On Jan 08, 2010
justwise:

My sis. . some pple don't get it, SA is still colonized, take away the white community and the donations from the west then what happened to Zimbabwe will happen to SA.

Is like living on benefit here
I find that funny because it came from a person that came from a country(Nigeria) that doesn't know how to do things legally.
Re: South Africa by naija2net: 4:05am On Jan 09, 2010
Thank you for exposing South Africa; i hope to Visit there

some day! grin
Re: South Africa by paddylo1(m): 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2010
4. South Africa accounts for almost 25% of the GDP of the entire African continent, with an economy more than twice the size of the second biggest – Algeria.

this is a lie. . .so pls update your facts,  . .top economies in africa below(2009)

1.South Africa GDP----$277 bill

2.NIGERIA GDP----$212 bill

3.Algeria GDP----$174 bill

4.Egypt GDP----$163 bill

5.Libya GDP----$99.9 bill

6.Morocco GDP----$86.3 bill

7Angola GDP----$83.4 bill

8.Tunisia GDP----$40.2 bill

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=wb-wdi&met=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&idim=country:NGA:ZAF:DZA:AGO:EGY:MAR:LBY:TUN&tstart=-315619200000&tunit=Y&tlen=48
Nigeria is Africas second largest and fastest growing economy!!
Re: South Africa by paddylo1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2010
I find that funny because it came from a person that came from a country(Nigeria) that doesn't know how to do things legally.

i find it funny that u always lurk in nigerian websites and threads
u will never catch me in a south african forum,cause i dont give a rats as*s about u guys
if u love south africa so much pls stay there and mingle with them. . .(if they dont butcher u first)
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 3:03pm On Jan 11, 2010
paddy_lo:

i find it funny that u always lurk in nigerian websites and threads
u will never catch me in a south african forum,cause i dont give a rats as*s about u guys
if u love south africa so much pls stay there and mingle with them. . .(if they dont butcher u first)

You guys are very funny. Now you want to chase Southies just because you dont agree with them. Come on, Just imaging if the Southies chase away roughly a Million Nigerians who live in South Africa. But they chose to live with then side by side in peace. Most of the southies are participating in this forum are based in SA.

Sometimes i would imaging Nigeria, putting it in SA's shoes, i am telling you Nigeria can"t cope. You guys cant deal with Foreigners. Its hard my man, taking consideration that there are 11 millions foreigners in RSA. 4 millions of them are from Zimbabwe, 1 million form Nigeria. And they are in SA to make a living. RSA is not America, they also have poor people. Local people fight for survival with foreign people in their own land. When resources are limited and you also under pressure of external people. Who do you satisfy.

If Nigeria is battling with the tribal clashes, what about people who would be coming from out side of Nigeria. Would they feel safe. How many people die every year due to tribal clashes? Thousand. Then do you think myself as a foregner would decide to settle in Niger, no ways.
Re: South Africa by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2010
1,2:

You guys are very funny. Now you want to chase Southies just because you dont agree with them. Come on, Just imaging if the Southies chase away roughly a Million Nigerians who live in South Africa. But they chose to live with then side by side in peace. Most of the southies are participating in this forum are based in SA.

Sometimes i would imaging Nigeria, putting it in SA's shoes, i am telling you Nigeria can"t cope. You guys cant deal with Foreigners. Its hard my man, taking consideration that there are 11 millions foreigners in RSA. 4 millions of them are from Zimbabwe, 1 million form Nigeria. And they are in SA to make a living. RSA is not America, they also have poor people. Local people fight for survival with foreign people in their own land. When resources are limited and you also under pressure of external people. Who do you satisfy.

If Nigeria is battling with the tribal clashes, what about people who would be coming from out side of Nigeria. Would they feel safe. How many people die every year due to tribal clashes? Thousand. Then do you think myself as a foregner would decide to settle in Niger, no ways.

are you smoking something?

Do the Nigerians you know in south Africa spend all their time cursing out their hosts to their faces?

and are you aware your boyfriend from Niger isnt a Nigerian?
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 8:18pm On Jan 11, 2010
tpia.:

are you smoking something?

Do the Nigerians you know in south Africa spend all their time cursing out their hosts to their faces?

and are you aware your boyfriend from Niger isnt a Nigerian?

HEHEHEHEHEHE!
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 10:46pm On Jan 11, 2010
justwise:

Check out your SA slums

You are just a joke my man. You go as far as posting Brazilian Slums and say its South African Slums. Just trying to proof a point that Nigeria is better than South Africa. Lets settle the score then, Its true that Nigeria is better than South Africa in all respects. outh Africa is full of corrupt people, their cities are surrounded by slums. White people are in charge, Their economic is the worst in Africa, every person has AIDS, the whole country stinks, Nigerians own all the businesses in SA. People survive ofr a less than a dollar a day. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 10:51pm On Jan 11, 2010
1,2:

You are just a joke my man. You go as far as posting Brazilian Slums and say its South African Slums. Just trying to proof a point that Nigeria is better than South Africa. Lets settle the score then, Its true that Nigeria is better than South Africa in all respects. outh Africa is full of corrupt people, their cities are surrounded by slums. White people are in charge, Their economic is the worst in Africa, every person has AIDS, the whole country stinks, Nigerians own all the businesses in SA. People survive ofr a less than a dollar a day. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

You guys will never get Nigerians. Mennnn!

*LAUGHING*
Re: South Africa by justwise(m): 11:00pm On Jan 11, 2010
1,2:

Brazilan slum? Just type South African slum in google and see.
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 11:12pm On Jan 11, 2010
paddy_lo:

this is a lie. . .so pls update your facts,  . .top economies in africa below(2009)

1.South Africa GDP----$277 bill

2.NIGERIA GDP----$212 bill

3.Algeria GDP----$174 bill

4.Egypt GDP----$163 bill

5.Libya GDP----$99.9 bill

6.Morocco GDP----$86.3 bill

7Angola GDP----$83.4 bill

8.Tunisia GDP----$40.2 bill

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=wb-wdi&met=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&idim=country:NGA:ZAF:DZA:AGO:EGY:MAR:LBY:TUN&tstart=-315619200000&tunit=Y&tlen=48
Nigeria is Africas second largest and fastest growing economy!!

You forgetting Angola, which has just overtaken Nigeria as Africa's No.1 OIL producer. To overtake South Africa as the No1 country you've got tp dominate Africa. Nigerian companies all over Africa, something which is not happening. The different between Nigeria and South Africa is that Nigeria does not have big companies dominating the continent. just look at South Africa, the whole of Subsahara Africa Eat, breath and sleep South Africa. you can see the influence of South Africa if you go to different parts of Africa.

Just ask yourself a question, how many Nigerian companies that have invested in South Africa? You probably dont know even  a single companies. i personally dont know. Then how many South African companies that have invested in Nigeria. Nigeria will never overtake South Africa in 200 yrs. it will never happen.
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 11:17pm On Jan 11, 2010
justwise:

Brazilan slum? Just type South African slum in google and see.

That aint South Africa my man. i know South Africa very well. There is no such city in the background in SA.

Re: South Africa by justwise(m): 11:21pm On Jan 11, 2010
@1,2

Reallly? So the website is lying? And u now all the cities and slums in Nigeria? Listen to urself
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 11:25pm On Jan 11, 2010
This is the ugly neighbourhood or slums of South Africa. Its equivalent to some of the suburbs in Nigeria.

Re: South Africa by 14(m): 11:30pm On Jan 11, 2010
justwise:

@1,2

Reallly? So the website is lying? And u now all the cities and slums in Nigeria? Listen to urself

Did you see me posting any Nigerian Slums. I am not stupid, i am not here to expose or shame Nigeria. I know each an every country has its ugly part of the country.
Re: South Africa by lovinboi(m): 11:37pm On Jan 11, 2010
@1,2,
   yes, we don hear evri, SA is better tha 9ija, lolz, lemme call ur attention to dis fact n using Mtn as an example, SA companies dnt n cant make much profit in SA da way dey wil in 9Ija, Within a yr dat MTN spent in 9ija, dey make double of wot dey av invested in SA,
guy, u peps av mur of brokeass peps in SA n illitrates!!! n whites r still ur elites, lwkmd,plzzzzzzzzzzzzz lockup!!!, dey money wey govt offical dey chop 4 ma country fit finance ur annual budget!!! na bad govt dey run ma country down, STOP YARNIN OPATS 4 ER, LOCK-UP-DER!!!
if not da support of gaints like 9ija, wld u av gaind indpnce early? PAN AFRICANISM, does dat mean anifin to you, which country in AFRICA GAT DA BEST N DISCIPLINE LAND SOLDIERS?, u dey vex GOD sef!!!no only me !!!
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2010
justwise:

@1,2

True the website is very much lying i can tell you that.
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 11:50pm On Jan 11, 2010
lovinboi:

@1,2,
yes, we don hear evri, SA is better tha 9ija, lolz, lemme call your attention to dis fact n using Mtn as an example, SA companies dnt n cant make much profit in SA da way dey wil in 9Ija, Within a yr dat MTN spent in 9ija, dey make double of wot dey av invested in SA,
guy, u peps av mur of brokeass peps in SA n illitrates!!! n whites r still your elites, lwkmd,plzzzzzzzzzzzzz lockup!!!, dey money wey govt offical dey chop 4 ma country fit finance your annual budget!!! na bad govt dey run ma country down, STOP YARNIN OPATS 4 ER, LOCK-UP-DER!!!
if not da support of gaints like 9ija, wld u av gaind indpnce early? PAN AFRICANISM, does dat mean anifin to you, which country in AFRICA GAT DA BEST N DISCIPLINE LAND SOLDIERS?, u dey vex GOD sef!!!no only me !!!

I would be very much happy to see Nigerian companies invest in South Africa. We have signed the bilateral some years ago, but it seems its one way, South Africa investing in Nigeria. Nigeria should also invest in South Africa. There is lots of money here, you can make profit just like MTN is making in Nigeria.

which country in AFRICA GAT DA BEST N DISCIPLINE LAND SOLDIERS?, Nigeria, you are true.
Re: South Africa by lovinboi(m): 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2010
wel, da prob is dat 9ija is a fuckin consumin country, n cumin to invest in SA might b a long fin jare, op dey will chnge 4rm being consumers to producers ohhhh, , dnt worry glo dey cum, lolz, dem dey Ghana too, maybe SA will be der nxt stop
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 9:15am On Jan 12, 2010
lovinboi:

wel, da prob is dat 9ija is a fuckin consumin country, n cumin to invest in SA might b a long fin jare, op dey will chnge 4rm being consumers to producers ohhhh, , dnt worry glo dey come, lolz, dem dey Ghana too, maybe SA will be der nxt stop

If Glo decide to come to Southy,most people will definetly be happy,because it means competition,and with compettion it means lower rates and quality services.

South African companies invested in Nigeria at the times when few companies wanted to do business in Nigeria,they took risks and they're now reaping rewards,and also they where also offering world class services that where not there at the time.And it's good that company like Glo are there today,competing with a worldclass company,that could only benefit the people.South African retailers like Pick and Pay,Woolworth,Game,Dion,Nandos and others are also offering Naija people some of the services that wasnot there.And if big Nigerian companies opens to rival the above,offering the same service and more it will be good for the masses.

I think South Africa played a very meaningful part in shaping the current Nigeria,and for Nigeria to develop further they need South Africa and it's companies,I am not saying this in a arrogant way,hope you understand.

The only weakness with Nigeria is it's law,South Africa will not give licence or allow any major company international to trade in South Africa without local shareholding.You have to sell some of your shares to a local if you want to do business in SA.I think Nigeria should also do that.This will benefit the locals economicaly and in terms of experience.Create laws that will benefit you and your country.

We had THISDAY newspaper,which was Nigerian owned,and was well supported but operated for just over a year and was bankrupt,caused by mismanagement,surely you can't blame the country for that.
Re: South Africa by justwise(m): 9:38am On Jan 12, 2010
RSA:

If Glo decide to come to Southy,most people will definetly be happy,because it means competition,and with compettion it means lower rates and quality services.

South African companies invested in Nigeria at the times when few companies wanted to do business in Nigeria,they took risks and they're now reaping rewards,and also they where also offering world class services that where not there at the time.And it's good that company like Glo are there today,competing with a worldclass company,that could only benefit the people.South African retailers like Pick and Pay,Woolworth,Game,Dion,Nandos and others are also offering Naija people some of the services that wasnot there.And if big Nigerian companies opens to rival the above,offering the same service and more it will be good for the masses.
I think South Africa played a very meaningful part in shaping the current Nigeria,and for Nigeria to develop further they need South Africa and it's companies,I am not saying this in a arrogant way,hope you understand.

The only weakness with Nigeria is it's law,South Africa will not give licence or allow any major company international to trade in South Africa without local shareholding.You have to sell some of your shares to a local if you want to do business in SA.I think Nigeria should also do that.This will benefit the locals economicaly and in terms of experience.Create laws that will benefit you and your country.
We had THISDAY newspaper,which was Nigerian owned,and was well supported but operated for just over a year and was bankrupt,caused by mismanagement,surely you can't blame the country for that.

I have to totally agree with some of those points u made
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 2:10pm On Jan 12, 2010
justwise:

I have to totally agree with some of those points u made

You should ask yourself a question. Who is the biggest investor in Africa right now? South africa is the biggest investor in Africa, more than USA, Britain, China and India. South Africa invest Billions of dollars into Africa, including Nigeria.
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
1,2:

You should ask yourself a question. Who is the biggest investor in Africa right now? South africa is the biggest investor in Africa, more than USA, Britain, China and India. South Africa invest Billions of dollars into Africa, including Nigeria.

So we should start clapping.

By the way who owns these companies? I bet it aint a Zulu man
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 2:05am On Jan 14, 2010
morpheus24:

So we should start clapping.

By the way who owns these companies? I bet it aint a Zulu man

MTN is not a white owned company, its a black owned company. DSTV is not white owned. Nandos is also not white owned. And the richest person in South Africa aint white either. You thought Whites control every thing. White people make only 9% of the whole Population, There is only 4.7 million white people out of a total 50 million South Africans. Just come and see for your self, you will be surprised.

Of course white people are well off since they benefitted from Apartehid, but they don't control South Africa Economically, that i can tell you. Even if they are white own, those white people are still South African. They have been here for over 400 years, more than white Americans in america. Then dont they deserve to be called South African if you can call White Americans Americans when they have only been there for less than 300 yrs.

Some thing that i should tell you, we dont see every thing in black and white here in the South. You will never hear that there is a tribal war, There is only 4 tribes in SA and they respect each other.
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 11:03am On Feb 02, 2010
Re: South Africa by suxes2005(m): 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2010
So wat r we discussing here now?
S.A or companies?

SHALOM
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
suxes2005:

So wat r we discussing here now?
S.A or companies?

SHALOM

Lol grin it was suppose to be about positive things in South Africa,since there where so many negatives but it was Hijacked by some people and it became Naija-SA beef once again.
You know they all want to proof to each other who's got a bigger tool than the other grin

Check the South African tourism website if you realy want to visit RSA.

SHALOM grin
Re: South Africa by suxes2005(m): 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2010
RSA,

I'l luv to visit if u can gimme i.v. and promise
to host me.

It one of my dream places,

SHALOM
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2010
1,2:

MTN is not a white owned company, its a black owned company. DSTV is not white owned. Nandos is also not white owned. And the richest person in South Africa aint white either. You thought Whites control every thing. White people make only 9% of the whole Population, There is only 4.7 million white people out of a total 50 million South Africans. Just come and see for your self, you will be surprised.
I think you better read up on the history of those companies you mentioned above.

1,2:

Of course white people are well off since they benefitted from Apartehid, but they don't control South Africa Economically, that i can tell you. Even if they are white own, those white people are still South African. They have been here for over 400 years, more than white Americans in america. Then dont they deserve to be called South African if you can call White Americans Americans when they have only been there for less than 300 yrs.

That is false information. simply because you see some Black CEO's running around does not equate to economice power. Ask Thabo Mbeki that questioned and he will tell you why his policies were geared towards pleasing the business community.

1,2:

Some thing that i should tell you, we dont see every thing in black and white here in the South. You will never hear that there is a tribal war, There is only 4 tribes in SA and they respect each other.
There are more that 4 tribes in SA bro and you know it. The reason there is relative cohesion is primarily due to the Apatheid era where groups were fighting for a common cause and therefore were able to identify as a unite eliminating differences between groups. Though your Zulu brothers are stil very stubborn and tried to seceeded while negotiations were going regarding the new constitution.

Morpheus says " For every cause. There is an effect!!"
[quote][/quote]
Re: South Africa by suxes2005(m): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2010
morpheus24

r u in S.A or u r from S.A

Let us know so that we can get
the correct info

SHALOM
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 4:57pm On Feb 02, 2010
suxes2005:

morpheus24

r u in S.A or u r from S.A

Let us know so that we can get
the correct info

SHALOM

I am from Zion. Deep beneath the earths crust but I do know a thing or two about our southern neighbours,
Re: South Africa by suxes2005(m): 5:08pm On Feb 02, 2010
Srry, I'm 2 small 2 understand wat u mean bro

Do u mean u r a south african?

SHALOM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Accident As Container Falls At Sanya Bus Stop In Lagos (photos) / 10 Die In Ondo Crash, Truck Driver Flees / COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.