Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

I Finally Designed My Own Personal Auto-Bookkeeper (Shared Here For Free) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Finally Designed My Own Personal Auto-Bookkeeper (Shared Here For Free) (888 Views)

Vacancy for a Bookkeeper/Accountant / Ofodile Nkemdilim, The Only Female Air Force Team That Designed Tsaigumi UAV / How To Create Your Own Personal Balance Sheet: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Finally Designed My Own Personal Auto-Bookkeeper (Shared Here For Free) by profstar(m): 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
For those that missed the first thread I created on the matter, here you have it

How Do I Exceed The Expiring Date Of Book Keeping App

Okay,
The summary is, I have always wanted to have a perfect record for my personal finance. I tried everything but na lie, tried writing my expenses in a book as I incur them but I couldn't keep up, and it was even boring.

Last year, I thought of using QuickBooks or Peachtree (as I use both pretty well) but I think my personal empire hasn't gotten to that level, moreover, I will still have to open my laptop to update any thing (which is stressful to me).
So I took my problem(need) online, and I found a mobile app that could do "QuickBooks work" but for individual. Which is exactly what I need, but two weeks after installation, it expired, I came online again to get help to be able to access it, but no way (thank God I didn't get solution tho) so I gave up. Thanks to @elfico. I tried other apps, none was as awesome as that one.

For those following me, I got a new job last month by the way, which gives me enough time now for myself (thank God for Nairalanders for their opinions they shared on the thread I created then).

So this month, I thought of designing my own auto-Bookkeeper, then I consider SWAT; I don't know how to build an app, but I know excel, so I decided to design what I want on excel and I achieved it!!!.

So I decided to share it so anyone who is also a personal-finance-control freak like me cheesy can have their solution.

Download here

I strongly recommend WPS office to open it on mobile phone
And of course Microsoft excel to open on system.

Your questions are welcome on how it works, basically, you enter your spending in a column and you auto-get your personal financial account prepared for the month and year, I also included budget. It's like 10in1. No skill required to use it.

To the gurus in the house, I'm open to suggestions.

Re: I Finally Designed My Own Personal Auto-Bookkeeper (Shared Here For Free) by profstar(m): 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
How to use

There are 3 editable parts
* The ledger
* Budget
* Individual account

The ledger
This is the part that is necessary for auto-calculation of your monthly and yearly statements.
This is where you enter your daily spendings or money received.
There are 3 major things to fill:
The date,
The type of transaction and
The amount.
The type of transaction is auto-generated (has a dropdown menu which reliefs you of typing)

The budget:
The only thing advisable to edit is just the projected figures for now, avoid changing the name or topics on the budget, when you fully understand how they work, you can now carefully edit.

The individual account
This one is not necessary, it is also an additional feature, just like the budget, you can still achieve your financial record without making use of them both.

From your trial balance you autoget the balance of each of your debtors and creditors, but if you will like to also get transaction by transaction report for each of them, then you make use of this.

Note that the uploaded is a Demo version, which means:
1. It is designed to suit an average person's empire
2. It's only for one month and one month in a year

For a bespoke version, contact the provided number. Thank you.

Questions are welcome

Re: I Finally Designed My Own Personal Auto-Bookkeeper (Shared Here For Free) by profstar(m): 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
155 views/downloadshocked, you guys are just downloading and running away shocked

Make una comment na
Re: I Finally Designed My Own Personal Auto-Bookkeeper (Shared Here For Free) by profstar(m): 11:29am On May 01, 2017
At the end of today, I will be taking the file offline.
Thank you.
Re: I Finally Designed My Own Personal Auto-Bookkeeper (Shared Here For Free) by Izen: 4:21pm On May 01, 2017
Oh, I didn't know you had to download, the post was just confusing me one kain before.
Re: I Finally Designed My Own Personal Auto-Bookkeeper (Shared Here For Free) by Izen: 4:24pm On May 01, 2017
profstar:
At the end of today, I will be taking the file offline.
Thank you.

You took it offline? Is it end of the day yet? Abeg na.
Re: I Finally Designed My Own Personal Auto-Bookkeeper (Shared Here For Free) by profstar(m): 5:54pm On May 01, 2017
Izen:

You took it offline? Is it end of the day yet? Abeg na.
No, I'm just about to, I guess you've downloaded it?
Re: I Finally Designed My Own Personal Auto-Bookkeeper (Shared Here For Free) by profstar(m): 6:21pm On May 01, 2017
Alright,

For the 223 people that have downloaded it.
Any question, if none, then I'll assume I did a good job on it's simplicity wink.

Thank you all.
Re: I Finally Designed My Own Personal Auto-Bookkeeper (Shared Here For Free) by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:57pm On May 01, 2017
@profstar, have you tried Expense Manager by Bishinews on Google Play? Damn! That's the best personal finance app I know mehn. It has a LOT of features and it's totally free. I barely review apps but i had to review that one and even emailed the developers to thank them and offer suggestions on how to improve the app. It's that good. I'm sure you won't regret using it. It even has an SMS parsing feature that you can configure to always process incoming transactions SMSes from your bank and it'll balance your accounts automatically.
Now, I've been able to manage my expenses and savings perfectly. I know exactly how I spend money now. No more careless spending. I know who I borrow from and who I lend to. Everything is accounted for.
Try it bro.
Re: I Finally Designed My Own Personal Auto-Bookkeeper (Shared Here For Free) by profstar(m): 7:16pm On May 01, 2017
OgidiOlu3:
@profstar, have you tried Expense Manager by Bishinews on Google Play? Damn! That's the best personal finance app I know mehn. It has a LOT of features and it's totally free. I barely review apps but i had to review that one and even emailed the developers to thank them and offer suggestions on how to improve the app. It's that good. I'm sure you won't regret using it. It even has an SMS parsing feature that you can configure to always process incoming transactions SMSes from your bank and it'll balance your accounts automatically.
Now, I've been able to manage my expenses and savings perfectly. I know exactly how I spend money now. No more careless spending. I know who I borrow from and who I lend to. Everything is accounted for.
Try it bro.

you mean I should abandon my own after fully completing it.

If it was like 2 months ago your suggestion will have been very much appreciated.
Thanks tho for the comment.

Edited:
I've gone through the app, it's just like the other apps I found since the "book keeper" expired. Believe me when I say this, expense manager is not awesome atall.

Even, if I got to know about 'expense manager' 2 months ago, I will still have gone ahead to design my own.
Try out 'book keeper' then you will understand what I'm talking about, besides, now I've gotten a 'perfect' solution.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Overtime Work:the Bases,the Nigerian Labour Law,computation, & Mode Of Payment / What IT Field Engineer Do? / Tractors $ Equipment Nigeria Ltd Test Format.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.