Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition (32089 Views)

Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Pastor Jean Pierre-Maywa Beaten By Seventh Day Adventist Church Members In Kenya / Thunder Lightning Strikes At Rwanda Seventh-Day Adventist Church Kills 16 (2) (3) (4)

Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Nobody: 4:13am On Apr 29, 2017
MOSCOW – A notice at the Moscow City Court says hearings on a proposed ban on Seventh-day Adventist Church would begin in May 2017 as a petition jointly opened by Non Governmental Organizations has receives over 12 million signatures.

The Adventist Church, who has been accused of violating an anti-terrorism legislation with their evangelism ministry, has also being groups with Jehovah’s Witnesses and ISIS as “Extremists and Terrorists” by the various organizations.

Ekaterina, a state attorney says “Russia takes cases of Extremism and Terrorism very serious and a ban is expected to be placed on the Adventists in May”.

The law — part of a package of anti-terrorism legislation — outlines severe restrictions on evangelistic activity in Russia that, among other things, limit religious activity to registered church buildings and prohibit the free distribution of religious literature. Individuals who disobey face fines of up to 50,000 rubles (U.S.$765), while organizations could be fined up to 1 million rubles ($15,250).’

http://fox-news24.com/moscow-court-considers-a-ban-on-adventist-church-as-over-12-million-sign-petition/

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by hisgrace090: 4:27am On Apr 29, 2017
Russia! I see you fighting against God, be watchful.

43 Likes

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Pieromania: 4:43am On Apr 29, 2017
They've banned Jehovah's Witnesses nobody said anything including Seventh Day Adventist now it's their own turn.If the churches in Russia don't stand up to fight this injustice,christianity is as good as gone in that country.
Injustice to one is great Injustice to all.Very soon, u will see other countries adopting same method including Nigeria,this is one of the most trying times for Christians bt prayer Is nt enough, is time to fight

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by orisa37: 5:47am On Apr 29, 2017
cefezyA:
MOSCOW – A notice at the Moscow City Court says hearings on a proposed ban on Seventh-day Adventist Church would begin in May 2017 as a petition jointly opened by Non Governmental Organizations has receives over 12 million signatures.
The Adventist Church, who has been accused of violating an anti-terrorism legislation with their evangelism ministry, has also being groups with Jehovah’s Witnesses and ISIS as “Extremists and Terrorists” by the various organizations.
Ekaterina, a state attorney says “Russia takes cases of Extremism and Terrorism very serious and a ban is expected to be placed on the Adventists in May”.
The law — part of a package of anti-terrorism legislation — outlines severe restrictions on evangelistic activity in Russia that, among other things, limit religious activity to registered church buildings and prohibit the free distribution of religious literature. Individuals who disobey face fines of up to 50,000 rubles (U.S.$765), while organizations could be fined up to 1 million rubles ($15,250).
According to the NGOs, the religious organization has made it a point to violate the laws with hope of paying fines when caught, this, they described as “disrespect of the legislature”
“The Seventh-day Adventist Church and other Christian denominations in Russia oppose extremism and terrorism,” the Adventist Church’s Euro-Asia Division said in an e-mailed statement. “It goes without saying that it is important and necessary for governments to adopt measures to combat extremism and terrorism. We hope that the application of this law will apply exclusively to terrorist and extremist organizations and those who share their beliefs.”
Despite attempts to distance itself from extremism and terrorism, the Adventist Church would have its fate decided in May.
Few days ago, a ban was placed on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia for being ‘extremists’.

The Russians are on an unsung Religious Revolution. Editing The Pope!!!

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by GavelSlam: 5:53am On Apr 29, 2017
IPOB love Russia.

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by aisakov: 7:10am On Apr 29, 2017
Any proofs? I can't find anything in media

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 29, 2017
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by aisakov: 8:36am On Apr 29, 2017

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Daniel12vs1: 2:45pm On Apr 29, 2017
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 30, 2017
I see nothing wrong with the law from what I have read so far. As far as I am concerned,all religious activities should be restricted to places of worship e.g.churches,mosques. I would implement a similar law here in Nigeria if I had my way.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 30, 2017
Pieromania:
They've banned Jehovah's Witnesses nobody said anything including Seventh Day Adventist now it's their own turn.If the churches in Russia don't stand up to fight this injustice,christianity is as good as gone in that country.
Injustice to one is great Injustice to all.Very soon, u will see other countries adopting same method including Nigeria,this is one of the most trying times for Christians bt prayer Is nt enough, is time to fight
How is "christianity as good as gone in that country". Have you ever heard of the Russian Orthodox church?

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by lonelydora: 9:10am On Apr 30, 2017
Chai.....The Kingdom of God is really suffering violence. We were warned in the bible about this type of war against Christians. Omo, na to repent prepare myself ooo.

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by hopefulLandlord: 9:11am On Apr 30, 2017
hisgrace090:

what has your Pathetic excuse of a god you call Yahweh done about Saudi Arabia? where there are no churches and you can't bring 3 bibles into the country at once? where Christians seen preaching are killed?

he's done absolutely nothing about that but here you are thinking what Russia is doing is new lol

another nonsense I saw is the below post

lonelydora:

They forgot that America is strong because they remember God in everything they do.

that explains why they legalised gay marriage

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by realmindz: 9:11am On Apr 30, 2017
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by hopefulLandlord: 9:11am On Apr 30, 2017
Pieromania:

If christianity were true, why would evangelism even be necessary? God could just beam the knowledge of christianity directly into everyone's heads, or at very least talk to them like he talked to Paul or the prophets. Hell, instead of running off to heaven and never being seen again, the risen Jesus could just travel the world proclaiming the truth of his resurrection and performing miracles to prove it. It's not like he has anything better to do.

Why would an all powerful god need flawed, ignorant humans to communicate his message, especially when that message is the most important thing a human being could possibly know?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by ojimbo(m): 9:12am On Apr 30, 2017
Great move by Russia
If i become even common Governor of a state in Nigeria. I will ban chruch amd mosque activities on the streets.
Ban the use of loud speakers in mosques and churches
Regulates religious activities and if any one found guilty of hate preach. It will 5 years in prison.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by lonelydora: 9:13am On Apr 30, 2017
hisgrace090:

They forgot that America is strong because they remember God in everything they do.

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by lanre4411(m): 9:13am On Apr 30, 2017
Pieromania:
thank God Russia is not an islamic nation,because I know some people would have be saying they want to islamize Russia particularly the IPOB waillers on NL

28 Likes

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 30, 2017
Hmmm. And the real extremists are running free.

Russia is turning to something else.

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by prinsam30: 9:14am On Apr 30, 2017
End time loading.........

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Partnerbiz(f): 9:14am On Apr 30, 2017
Which one be advert court?
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 30, 2017
Pieromania:

Relax this has nothing to do with Christianity in general. Just a slap on the face of America. You won't understand grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by sunshineV(f): 9:14am On Apr 30, 2017
I just wanna flog that pope in Moscow
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:15am On Apr 30, 2017
Where is the freedom of religion in Russia? To me I think the Russian orthodox church is behind this ban against other christian denominations in Russia.
Although, it is annoying when people use their religion or belief to disturb others.
You will see some churches using the speakers to constitute nuisance in the street and some mosques aren't left out also.

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by BedLam: 9:15am On Apr 30, 2017
lonelydora:

Only fools think like this.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Einl(m): 9:16am On Apr 30, 2017
Do you wanna go heaven??

Be good.

Help the poor.

Pay your taxes.

Pray.

Regardless of if you go to Adventist or Jehovah's Witnesses or Catholic, it is what you do on earth, not where you pray that matters.

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Ekeke1(m): 9:16am On Apr 30, 2017
Christians hv to pray oo
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Tenplet(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2017
FOR DECADES NOW DE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS BEEN PRAYING AGAINST VIOLENCE AND WAR AT RUSSIA IN DER DAILY ROSARY PRAYER AND FOR DEM TO EMBRACE CHRISTIANITY AND DATS HOW DEY GOT TO PAY US BACK

Stop The Killings - Pope Francis Tells Buhari / Noise Pollution: Man Storms Neighboring Church With His Dogs To Warn Them (vid) / The Habit Of Remembering Sex Scene While Praying

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55