Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

This Vehicle Was Manufactured In Ekiti - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Vehicle Was Manufactured In Ekiti (1195 Views)

Guys My Vehicle Was Saved From An Incompetent Nairaland Auto Guru Mayor2013 / Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? / Innoson IVM 4×4 Carrier Is Not Manufactured In Nigeria. He Rebranded The Logos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Vehicle Was Manufactured In Ekiti by tolu4you: 9:53am On Apr 29, 2017
An indigenous automobile company, Obasa Specialty Vehicle (OSV), located in Ijero-Ekiti, Ekiti State, has unveiled an all-terrain vehicle named TEKOWI.
The vehicle was manufactured at its factory in Ijero-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
The company was commissioned on December 5, 1980 by the late High Chief Joe Oluware Obasa, a car distributor for Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN). The company was upgraded to manufacture special vehicles for security personnel and civilian uses by his two sons High Chief Johnson Obasa and Victor Obasa.
Speaking at the unveiling, High Chief Obasa said Tekowi was coined from “te oko wi,” an Ekiti local dialect which means sandals or boots that farmers and hunters wear regularly to the bush to stamp on anything. He also said that Tekowi is a combination of ruggedness and luxury.
According to Victor, Tekowi’s unique design features four-wheel drive, high ground clearance, Custom interior tailored to customer specification, Stereo system integrated with latest technology, Diamond floor plate flooring, reinforced steel structure, double utility storage, engine air scoop and name branding option.
He said Tekowi is hand crafted with simple tools and locally sourced materials. The Owa Ajero of Ijero Kingdom Ekiti, Oba Adebayo Adewole, said the development that OSV has brought to the Ijero Ekiti community will go a long way to encourage his people and create a lot of opportunities.

Re: This Vehicle Was Manufactured In Ekiti by tolu4you: 9:56am On Apr 29, 2017
Source..... .? I don't have. Saw it myself

Re: This Vehicle Was Manufactured In Ekiti by Itzdrazzle(m): 9:56am On Apr 29, 2017
Good start
Re: This Vehicle Was Manufactured In Ekiti by ayindejimmy(m): 9:57am On Apr 29, 2017
That's all?!

No pictures, no link and you expect me to believe it?

#Modified
You need to do some Google search for your post to have the impact it deserves.
That picture you just posted can be any vehicle.
Well, as you can see below, someone is already on it

https://www.nairaland.com/3758762/check-out-made-nigeria-all

1 Like

Re: This Vehicle Was Manufactured In Ekiti by tolu4you: 10:03am On Apr 29, 2017
ayindejimmy:
That's all?!

No pictures, no link and you expect me to believe it?

#Modified
You need to do some Google search for your post to have the impact it deserves.
That picture you just posted can be any vehicle.
Well, as you can see below, someone is already on it

https://www.nairaland.com/3758762/check-out-made-nigeria-all

That's Ajero of Ijero inside tye vehicle. .. No need to believe.
Re: This Vehicle Was Manufactured In Ekiti by stigmond(m): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2017
Westsyd got it all!!! grin : grin cheesy
Re: This Vehicle Was Manufactured In Ekiti by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
This is a military truck
Re: This Vehicle Was Manufactured In Ekiti by Originalsly: 5:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hmmm...off road......high clearance + top heavy = ?

(1) (Reply)

20 Ways To Improve Your Car's Fuel Efficiency / Please Recommend Good Korea Or Turkish Battery For Me (URGENT) / Don't Lose Hope On Your Faulty Generator/Electric Motor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.