Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Hidden Diamonds - Literature (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hidden Diamonds (416296 Views)

Fragments Of Hidden Memories / Hidden Desire By Blair / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram Part 2....by Eze Eke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 10:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
Kimkardashain:

cum eva,tot i told u to cuk egusi.which one is white soup again.
chisos
But I don't like egusi
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2017
Theresa
The moment she stared at me with her eyes wide opened,I knew I had just stepped into the lions’ den. She stood up and left. I thought she was gone but her phone and purse were still on the table.
“How will make this girl understand?” I thought.
In few minutes,she reappeared with a bottle of water in her hand.
“I’m not sure if my ears were playing a trick on me Tess. Do you mind repeating yourself?”
“Mille,I can’t.”
“So you mean you and dad are getting married?”
I nodded and she smiled. I thought I was making headway with her already because she smiled.
“When did you get to know him?”
“About four years back. He was my mum’s doctor. We weren’t romantically connected then. Our relationship began a year after your mum died.”
“That’s lovely. I hope you’ll be able to take care of him later on when he’s a lot older.”
“I hope I will. So what do you say?”
“I can’t stop two adults who are a lot older than me. I wish you well,I just want to know one thing.”
“What’s that?” I was a bit scared of what she wanted to know.
“Why did you guys decide to hide it from me for so long?”
“I didn’t know you were his daughter. He hid it from me. I only found out recently and I was furious. He didn’t want you to know just yet but I insisted on letting you know even though I delayed a bit.”
“Interesting,”
“I think he was scared of what your reaction would be. He prevented Jason from telling me about you and vice versa.”
“Wait a minute. You know my brother?”
“Yeah I do. We talk almost all the time so I was shocked to find out he has a twin and never cared to tell me about it. The day I saw you and Jathniel at the supermarket,I was tempted to ask if you knew Jason because of the resemblance between you two but I waved it off as a coincidence.”
“I see. So who else knows about you two?”
“Your aunt has seen me in your dad’s house before but she didn’t seem to like me because she barely paid me any attention and she left within few minutes. And also,I told Jathniel about us some weeks ago.”
“What?!” She exclaimed.
“Don’t be mad yet. I asked him not to tell you because I wanted to do it myself. He really wanted to tell you,believe me.He said he has never kept a secret from you,he only did it for me Mille.”
She looked like she was ready to cry and I knew my damage control wasn’t working one bit.
“Mille,I’m so sorry.”
“It’s okay Tess. I better get going. Thanks for telling me even when my dad couldn’t.”
“Thanks for giving me a listening ear. I thought you would explode.”
She smiled “I’m not a bomb Tess.I’ll see you around. My regards to dad.” She stood up from the chair and left,not before I saw the pain flash through her eyes. I almost pitied her sincerely. My phone beeped ,a text message entered. I called the number immediately.
“I’m making progress faster than I imagined. You’ll get what you want soon enough.” I ended the call before the person could say another word.

Jamille
I got to my apartment and lay down quietly. I couldn’t imagine that Jason and Jathniel could do this to me. I didn’t want to blame aunt Liz because she only saw Tess once and being the type of person she was,she probably didn’t care to dig deep to know how she was connected to dad. Dad’s own was the most annoying. He told his lover about Jason but didn’t breathe a word about me. I knew he wasn’t particularly happy with me since mum died but this was the height of it. No wonder he had been acting so nice lately. He was getting ready to drop the bomb. He couldn’t even tell me with his mouth. He sent his lover. I picked my phone and called Jason.
“Hello Jason.”
“First love what’s up?”
“Don’t you dare call me that?”I barked.
“What’s going on Mille.”
“I’ll tell you what’s going on. You’re a damn deceiver, pretender and a traitor. You had the mind to hide something from me Jason for so long. You deserve an award for taking the place of Judas.”
“Mille wait…”
“Just shut up Jay and make sure you don’t disturb my phone with calls.” I hung up. I wept,not because my dad was getting married but because the people who were important to me could betray me this much. A live band was having fun in my head. I was so happy she had the sense to wait till I finished my exams before spilling the beans. Gloria was out on a date so I knew I would have the house to myself till late in the night. That was enough time to cry my eyes out.
Jason obviously wanted to play stubborn as he kept bombarding my phone with calls. I removed my sim card from the phone and flung it away. I couldn’t even find tears to cry. I just sat in a yoga position staring ahead at nothing in particular. I kept wondering why I was always finding out crazy things about the people around me. My mind drifted to Jathniel. I knew something was up with him but my so called boyfriend lied to e without batting an eyelid yet he kept on blasting me for not being able to tell him whatever was going on in my mind. My family was indeed a crazy one.
After sitting for a while,I put back my sim into my phone and called Aunt Liz. I needed to talk to someone desperately. I told her all that happened excluding the part she was involved in. I wanted to see if she would tell me what she saw. She did. She claimed she didn’t want to say a word because she wasn’t sure of their relationship status. She couldn’t just conclude based on a few minutes visit. She advised me to forgive them all for hiding it from me but I was having none of it. Forgiveness was not part of my agenda yet.As I dropped the call,I made a decision to go to Abuja immediately. I planned to go the next week initially on Good Friday but I didn’t want to have to see Niel. After all,Kara would be more than happy if I came earlier. She was no longer staying with her cousin. I called her immediately to inform her of the change in plans. As I predicted,she was more than happy. I asked her to send her address. She wanted to know when exactly I was coming. I told her the next morning. I sent a text to mum and Gloria before I switched off my phone. It was just some minutes to six o’clock. I threw in some clothes into a box and left the house.
There was more than enough money in my account to book a flight to Abuja,if only there would be a flight for me. I dashed out of the house and paid my way to the airport. There was only one flight left going to Abuja. I quickly paid and checked in. The flight was due to leave by 8pm.

5 Likes

Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 11:14am On Jun 24, 2017
Queenitee see your update abeg. Another one is loading

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Diamonds by stephenGee12(m): 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2017
evajael.... so u neva update abi.
no worry lemme just catch u.
u see hadampson want to commit suicide or kill himself u have go and us e charm for him abi
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2017
stephenGee12:
u see hadampson want to commit suicide or kill himself u have go and us e charm for him abi
Lol
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 12:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
Aunt Liz
I was really worried for Mille. I received a message from her saying she was travelling tonight but she didn’t say where. I told my husband and he said I should give her space. He trusted her not to make any silly decision. I was astonished when she told me about Brian and his new woman. I chose not to believe that they had any relationship when I met her in his house. Now,he had gone as far as proposing to her without saying a word to anyone. I still held a strong dislike for that woman. She looked calm and gentle but there was something dark and evil about her. I was disappointed in Jason. He should have at least said something to me even if he was instructed not to tell Mille. We talked about his dad several times and he never for once said anything concerning the lady.
Jathniel came over to the house while I was cooking dinner. I knew he had come looking for Mille. Her phone was probably not reachable. I asked him to come stay with me in the kitchen.
“Aunt,is Mille here?”
“No,she isn’t. Have you called her?”
“Yes. Her line isn’t reachable. She’s not in her apartment or my house. Gloria isn’t even picking my calls.”
“Listen Jathniel,Mille would have my head for supper if she knows I told you this.”
“Is something wrong aunt?”
“No. Mille must have left Uyo by now”
“I don’t understand.”
“I can’t tell you more than that for now. You have to wait till she’s ready to talk to you.”
“Where did she go?”
“I really don’t know son. She didn’t tell me. All I know is that she isn’t in town.”
He sat still for some minutes before announcing his departure.

Jathniel
I bumped into Uncle Liam on my way out. We exchanged pleasantries. Like aunt Liz,he didn’t say much. Immediately I left,I called Elliot because I thought he had a hand in her disappearance but he denied speaking with her. I spoke with her in the morning and she was as lively as ever so I didn’t understand what prompted her departure. A thought came into my mind and I put a call across to Tessy.
“Tess,have you told Mille yet?”
“Yeah.This evening.”
“Did you tell her I know about it?”
“I told her everything Jathniel. Thanks for your help.”
“Alright bye.”
Tess had put me in serious trouble. I wished I had never helped her. Mille must have been mad at me and her brother. This was so difficult. I could only wait for her to forgive me since I had no idea where she had gone to. It got me thinking really hard about how she would react if I told her about my own little secret.
My phone rang twice but I ignored it. I knew it wasn’t Mille calling. The tone that played was the one I used for everyone else except her. When it rang the third time,I picked it without checking the caller ID.
“Hello. Good evening.”
“Jathniel,why’re you sounding like that?” A female voice said.
I removed the phone from my ear to check if I had the number saved.
“Tasha,I’m sorry. I’m just tired.”
“Okay. You haven’t even cared to call your sister in law for some days now.”
“I’m sorry dear. Work is taking my time. How are you doing?”
“I’m actually not fine. That’s why I called you.”
“Why? What’s wrong?”
“It’s your brother.”
I rolled my eyes “What has he done this time? I hope he hasn’t thrown you out on the streets.”
She chuckled “No,I’m in the house. I’m worried about him. He barely sleeps because he makes more calls than ever. You need to see how his eyes have sunk inside his skull and he’s so lean right now. I’ve begged him to tell me what the matter is but he claims it’s nothing. I don’t want my husband dead at this age of mine.”
“He won’t die Tasha. I’ll talk to him. Just be patient with him and please don’t nag. Do whatever he instructs you to do for now till you hear otherwise from him okay?”
“Alright,I will. How’s Mille?”
“She’s alright.”
We talked about other things before she hung up. I slapped my forehead when we were done.
“What kind of mess is this? Girlfriend ran away and brother acting strange. All these problems on jathniel’s head.” I thought.

6 Likes

Re: Hidden Diamonds by Herdex(m): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
Niel u are in for a big battle....Jason u fall my hand big time...still observing from d high table.... cheesygringrin
Re: Hidden Diamonds by legacee(m): 1:25pm On Jun 24, 2017
Captivating... thumbs up mille, oh I mean evajael
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
Herdex:
Niel u are in for a big battle....Jason u fall my hand big time...still observing from d high table.... cheesygringrin
I pity him o
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2017
legacee:
Captivating... thumbs up mille, oh I mean evajael
Haha thanks
Re: Hidden Diamonds by StephanieElla24: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
OMG what a story!!!! can't believe I hv been glued to my phone for d past two days. can't still believe dat is ur first time of writing this is way too interesting thumbs up.... Eva J
Jael
Re: Hidden Diamonds by StephanieElla24: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
OMG what a story!!!! can't believe I hv been glued to my phone for d past two days. can't still believe dat is ur first time of writing this is way too interesting thumbs up.... Eva Jael
Re: Hidden Diamonds by DrClemzzY(m): 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
Elliot, please don't die, or am qonna stop this story.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Hadampson(m): 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
stephenGee12:
Bro abeg where i fit see thick rope?
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2017
EvaJael:
Queenitee see your update abeg. Another one is loading
God saved you. Oya high five
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
Tessy, what are you planning? Mille, calm down honey
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2017
StephanieElla24:
OMG what a story!!!! can't believe I hv been glued to my phone for d past two days. can't still believe dat is ur first time of writing this is way too interesting thumbs up.... Eva Jael
Thanks love
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
DrClemzzY:
Elliot, please don't die, or am qonna stop this story.
Better look for what's wrong with him fast fast
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
queenitee:
God saved you. Oya high five
High five sis.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by SenatorPope(m): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2017
Keep it up
Re: Hidden Diamonds by swiz123(m): 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2017
Jathniel,you ain't seen anything yet
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Nobody: 3:08am On Jun 25, 2017
What's wrong with this Jamille sef?
Somebody should hold me before i beat her o
Can she not forgive?
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 6:13am On Jun 25, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Can she not forgive?
I'm holding u o
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 6:14am On Jun 25, 2017
Queenitee,hadampson and kimberlywest thanks for the nomination. I really appreciate it
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Kimkardashain(f): 7:02am On Jun 25, 2017
EvaJael:
Queenitee,hadampson and kimberlywest thanks for the nomination. I really appreciate it
ok,no thank u to me shey?
bt wait wat is f*ucking wrong with mille?
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 7:17am On Jun 25, 2017
Kimkardashain:

I'm sowi love. The biggest thank you goes to you
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 7:22am On Jun 25, 2017
Kimkardashain:

I'll tell you. She's hurting badly and escape is the only thing she can think of. Remember Brian accised her of getting over her mother so quickly and now,the same him is getting married barely two years after. Another problem is he never told his new lady about her. What could be worse than knowing your dad preferred telling someone that he has only one child when you're the second child?
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Jane1234f(f): 9:46am On Jun 25, 2017
swiz123:
Jathniel,you ain't seen anything yet
Are you the architect of his problem?
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Jane1234f(f): 9:47am On Jun 25, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Can she not forgive?
Kim,its too hard for her just pity her
Re: Hidden Diamonds by swiz123(m): 10:05am On Jun 25, 2017
Jane1234f:
Are you the architect of his problem?
lol...actually evajael is
Re: Hidden Diamonds by swiz123(m): 10:12am On Jun 25, 2017
What's with everyone acting as if jamille herself is a saint.she shouldn't be acting like her family neglected her, simply because they didn't tell her about her father's relationship.perhaps she has forgotten in a hurry that her life of discretion practically hastened her mother death.(all Jamille fans,never you quote me)
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 12:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
EvaJael:
You are welcome sis

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (86) (Reply)

Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) / The Hole In The Wall / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.