Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World (46513 Views)

The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming / Thirty-one (31) Salient Facts About The Rapture-nigeria Case Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Opakan2: 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
so far you have Snapchat and Instagram account you can't make heaven.. rapture won't carry you

All these sunday sunday medicine people wey full NL sef

1 Like

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Austinoiz(m): 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
Op, your assertions are more imaginary than real. Who told of 'flight', na sosoliso dem go take fly?
Truth is; Christ is coming back but when and how? You and I know not.
So quit living in the El Dorado of imagination

1 Like

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Horlufemi(m): 5:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
no such thing as rapture. give me Bible scripture with rapture in it.
OP leave religion. It's the devil's distraction tool.

2 Likes

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Wapizy(m): 5:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:
There is no rapture. An asteroid impact, volcanic eruptions, etc may wipe out man like they did to the dinosaurs but no rapture, my friend.
fool
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by jonbellion(m): 5:40pm On Apr 30, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

http://bisiadewale.com/2017/03/31-salient-facts-rapture/
that's how your ancestors and the ones before them died waiting for rapture
You better catch sense before it's too late tongue

4 Likes

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by OgundeleT(m): 5:40pm On Apr 30, 2017
rapture ko rapa no. you better stop believing nonsense and enjoy your life to the fullest

5 Likes

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by zyzxx(m): 5:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
Nutase:
angry
wet in happen?
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Wapizy(m): 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:

No rapture. No Jehovah and Allah.

If there were a God, he won't be as petty as the two gods. Rapture my foot!!! My brother, better help yourself and enjoy your life. The rapture is a scam to hold you people in the church and collect all your money. Notice how less churches are emphasizing the rapture (who rapture epp?) They only mention the rapture to keep you coming to church. They preach more of tithes now and live large. They know there will never be a rapture. My brother, YOLO.

Repent, my brother, and stop following false gods from the Middle East. There is no difference between you and idol worshippers. Worshipping a dead Jew is pure idolatry.
fool.....you are the only original illiterate have ever in my life seen...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by kazyhm(m): 5:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
ozoebuka1:
waiting for atheists to flood this thread and tell us why the op is delusional and reasons why we the believers should discard our beliefs and turn free thinkerz. cheesy

They say we are stupid because of our belief but they feel smart because of their own belief; isn't that hypocrisy

there is a saying that if you understand why YOU disregard all other Gods, you will understand why someone can disregard yours too

if you understand the position, inclination movements and the shape of this earth we lives in the first place ? you will catch a glimpse of how its going to be possible for everyone to witness something/someone coming down from the sky at the same time and at every location on this oblate spherical earth

even GEOS satellites at 36000km above the earth horizon can only view its impossible half with a not so accurate blurring resolution

5 Likes

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by kinethic: 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

Thanks my brother for your write ups. It's good to warn people of the consequences of their sinful ways but from your writeup I figured that almost everything you wrote isn't biblical and seem like a younger believer who haven't studied the Bible and show himself approved by inspiration of the holy spirit of God. For he teaches us all things, these days we have dwelt long enough on old fable stories ignorant and baseless pastors have been feeding us with. We are no more like berean christians that go back to check the scriptures to see if what they have been taught is true.
You might be might be sincere but you are sincerely wrong.

Now from my 25 years as a Christian I have heard a lot of sermons but I discovered that I can't be feeding only on what I hear rather what I read and taught by the holy spirit.
I will give few correction on what we would be expecting next. I am not a jehovah witness but I am just a witness of the truth from heaven and inspiration by his spirit from the Bible.
1: There is nothing like rapture( it's a 17 or 18 century folk tales) yes we will meet the Lord in the air and we make a you turn down to earth.
2: We are not going to heaven( the heaven is the fathers throne and the earth he has given to Christ and us, he created the earth to be inhabited forever.
3: Jesus was born to be a king on earth with headquarter from Jerusalem and spread to all over the earth.
4: The next big thing is not rapture but THE WAR ( read Zachariah, Isaiah , Eziekel) many christians don't know this. Look around you it's happening.
5: The next war will focus only on western nations especially the English speaking of the west. USA, Israel ,U.K., Australia etc
6: We are going to see the next king (2 kings will arise from heart of Europe) not the anti christ yet but the one coming now from the heart of Europe is almost ready. European Union is gathering and then he will rise and start wars. Millions will die.
If christians keep living in sin God won't protect them.
7: Alliance between israel and America will be broken and during that war Israel will fight alone. ( anti Semitism) is already happening. Some will go exile again but only a remnant will remain in the present day Israel.
8: God will intervene and rescue Israel .
9: There will be a rebuilt of the third temple in Jerusalem, magnificent compare to the previous two. Many Israelites especially the Jews will return and help to build the temple .( God is building two temples spiritual and physical) his house .
10: The two witnesses will preach their gospel ( very powerful)killed, ascend to heaven

11: Anti Christ will come.. ( descecrate the new built temple) God will allow it. Cause war, pitch his headquarter in Jerusalem
12: Christ returns in the air with a blast of trumpet and all eyes shall see him.. we will meet him in the air after been changed to immortals.
13: He destroys the armies and anti Christ , false prophets are thrown into the lake of fire.
14: There will be a massive rebuilt and judgement at least for 100 years , will be peace for one thousand years.
15: christians will become rulers and teachers( read the parable of the talent given to the servants)
16: devil will be locked up for one thousand years and there will be peace, justice, equity and utopia world, paradise finally on earth.
17: After 1,000 years devil will be released but people will be warned about his coming. This will be a time war too and testing for those born at that time. But we that have immortality already the second death have no power over us.
18: finally devil will be thrown into lake of fire and finally the new Jerusalem from heaven shall come down with Gods throne.
19 . Men will finally be born again into Gods family as spiritual beings for this is what devil is craving for.
20: God will finally dwell with man( feast of terbanacle) comes in mind.
Eternity... enter nite .. Gods plan encompasses eternity.
I don't care much if you or anyone believes this or not, I will admonish you seek Gods face and make sure that everything you say , write is been backed up by his word. The rules of studying the Bible is " the scriptures interprets scriptures" don't add or take away.
This is just few synopsis for anyone that cares to read.

2 Likes

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by brightisodje(m): 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:

If there were a God, he won't be as petty as the two gods. Rapture my foot!!! My brother, better help yourself and enjoy your life. The rapture is a scam to hold you people in the church and collect all your money. Notice how less churches are emphasizing the rapture (who rapture epp?) They only mention the rapture to keep you coming to church. They preach more of tithes now and live large. They know there will never be a rapture. My brother, YOLO.

Repent, my brother, and stop following false gods from the Middle East. There is no difference between you and idol worshippers. Worshipping a dead Jew is pure idolatry.
were you come from imagine your foolishness
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by seunmsg(m): 5:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
So people still dey wait for rapture? Una go wait tire.

3 Likes

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by emmaitive(m): 5:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
God give me grace to make it ooo...i dont want to be left behind

1 Like

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by 2bam: 5:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:
There is no rapture. An asteroid impact, volcanic eruptions, etc may wipe out man like they did to the dinosaurs but no rapture, my friend.
. you are a low thinker,every spoken word in the bible must surely come to pass.
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by adegeye38(m): 6:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

a day money no longer hold any relevant, a day God would nw be d 1 and only focus of all humanity, a day where their fate will be left in the hands of the same God they spent their enteire life running away from
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
Story story !!

1 Like

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Mujtahida: 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
Lies! Lies!! God damn lies!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by bigfrancis21: 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
''the rapture is a scam to hold we people in the church and collect our tithes''? Well i don't need to argue with you since i know what am doing

What makes you so sure of what you're doing? Some Christians sef.
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Amberon: 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
I don't get why you're mad. America a predominantly christian nation is the world power today. Most of the developed nations of the world are predominantly christian including the Scandinavian nations you made mention of so exactly what is your problem?
Rapmoney:
Just shut up abeg! It is this same fraudulent religious mentality that has kept Africa where she is! Instead of chasing knowledge and development, we chase rubbish. Go to the Scandinavian countries and see how good they are doing and you are here in a poverty-stricken country shouting 'rapture'.
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Amberon: 6:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
You believe there's a devil but disbelieve in religion. I pity your life.
Horlufemi:
no such thing as rapture. give me Bible scripture with rapture in it.

OP leave religion. It's the devil's distraction tool.

1 Like

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Amberon: 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
A compound one at that.
Wapizy:
fool
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Amberon: 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
Its not too late for you to take your own advice and receive sense.
jonbellion:
that's how your ancestors and the ones before them died waiting for rapture
You better catch sense before it's too late tongue
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by sonmvayina(m): 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
E go sweet oh, God go just carry these religiotards commit for this earth, make we see road take build a better society..nobody gona hate or killing anybody for believing in the wrong fairy tale...weeds, oloshos, good football matches, clubbing...will be nice.

1 Like

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Amberon: 6:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
And what makes you believe in Saturn. Been there before?
bigfrancis21:

What makes you so sure of what you're doing? Some Christians sef.
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by seunmsg(m): 6:24pm On Apr 30, 2017
2bam:
. you are a low thinker,every spoken word in the bible must surely come to pass.

You can insult that guy for all that it's worth but he's telling you the truth. Nothing like rapture is ever going to happen.

1 Like

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Ohaneche(m): 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Bobo, I used to share similar opinion as you(though not this strong) but, I think my encounter with God just yesterday might interest you.
Yesterday in the evening, my friends and I had managed to find ourselves in a church crusade after we had rounded the table at the beer parlor joint and took alcohol in multiple turns.
At the front of the joint where we had stayed and was drinking, a panel-beater had set his refuse on fire that evening, the fire had dispersed and the tree standing near by his workshop had caught fire and burned profusely, we watched while the servants in the workshop put all their effort to quench the fire with the buckets of water in their hands. shortly after the fire incident, Chidiogo called me on phone insisting that i must attend our church crusade so that I shouldn't miss the "Blessing Hour" since the man of God had some revelations about the students during the last prayer session the previous day. While I was still sober, I had tried to convince my friend to go with me to the crusade, they agreed on the condition that we should not go to the church crusade on clear eyes, which we all agreed but,after we were through it was already dark . We had gone to my house to get more money for the church offering, but before I had collected my debit card, that was when I had light a candle and placed it on my desk. At the Crusade with my friends, on our arrival, the man of God whom was already praying took a switch in the payer and asked everyone to pray for their homes and lodges against possible fire outbreak, that was the moment my mind flew back to the incident in front of the bear parlor at the panel-beater's workshop, and consequently, I felt his spirit and then I prayed, even when my friends made fun of me, maybe out of surprise on seeing a sinner and "carried sailor" like me say a prayer from the heart, but without minding them, I prayed with all seriousness.
After the crusade. On getting to my house, light had already been restored and that was the moment I realized that I have lighted a candle which i left on the wooden desk before the crusade, to clear my suspicions I dashed immediately to open my room and when I did that, the candle had completely burnt and felt off to my bed but only burnt a small portion of the mattress which it is not even noticeable.
Bro. Yesterday's event was a great shock to me. Baba God truly exist o. Jesus is alive.

3 Likes

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by KENNSAMMY(m): 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
you are perhaps talking about RUPTURE.

religious falacy
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by jonbellion(m): 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
Amberon:
Its not too late for you to take your own advice and receive sense.
lol
You are an African killing yourself over a foreign religion that you won't have known about if not for the trans-Atlantic slave trade
that took away your ancestors to distant lands to pick cotton
You will go and continue the cotton picking in the Jewish heaven with your master Jesus Christ cheesy
Isn't that's what he's rapturing y"all for

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:
oh brother I pity u in advance but again I pray u get enlightened and be saved now that u have the time. Rapture is no joke or science fiction. The reality is so crushing and engraved in the heart of those that fear Him. Repent and be saved bro.
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Zhahovic(m): 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
My belief is that the tribulation should come before the rapture...it's supposed to test Christian's faith and purify them...
If Jesus is to return before the Antichrist ravages the earth...what happens after...?..
Is he returning the third time to defeat the Antichrist?[color=#000099][/color]
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ohaneche:

Bobo, I used to share similar opinion as you(though not this strong) but, I think my encounter with God just yesterday might interest you.
Yesterday in the evening, my friends and I had managed to find ourselves in a church crusade after we had rounded the table at the beer parlor joint and took alcohol in multiple turns.
At the front of the joint where we had stayed and was drinking, a panel-beater had set his refuse on fire that evening, the fire had dispersed and the tree standing near by his workshop had caught fire and burned profusely, we watched while the servants in the workshop put all their effort to quench the fire with the buckets of water in their hands. shortly after the fire incident, Chidiogo called me on phone insisting that i must attend our church crusade so that I shouldn't miss the "Blessing Hour" since the man of God had some revelations about the students during the last prayer session the previous day. While I was still sober, I had tried to convince my friend to go with me to the crusade, they agreed on the condition that we should not go to the church crusade on clear eyes, which we all agreed but,after we were through it was already dark . We had gone to my house to get more money for the church offering, but before I had collected my debit card, that was when I had light a candle and placed it on my desk. At the Crusade with my friends, on our arrival, the man of God whom was already praying took a switch in the payer and asked everyone to pray for their homes and lodges against possible fire outbreak, that was the moment my mind flew back to the incident in front of the bear parlor at the panel-beater's workshop, and consequently, I felt his spirit and then I prayed, even when my friends made fun of me, maybe out of surprise on seeing a sinner and "carried sailor" like me say a prayer from the heart, but without minding them, I prayed with all seriousness.
After the crusade. On getting to my house, light had already been restored and that was the moment I realized that I have lighted a candle which i left on the wooden desk before the crusade, to clear my suspicions I dashed immediately to open my room and when I did that, the candle had completely burnt and felt off to my bed but only burnt a small portion of the mattress which it is not even noticeable.
Bro. Yesterday's event was a great shock to me. Baba God truly exist o. Jesus is alive.

Thank God for you

Denounce your secret cult

Join a Bible believing church and attend all services

Give up excessive alcohol

God will strengthen you in Jesus name
Re: 31 Salient Facts About The Rapture That Will Shock The World by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 30, 2017
Well I can see that u really have deep scholastic overview of the subject rapture, whatever it takes bro make sure u make heaven and don't join the rest that will only gain pure knowledge on dat day.
neoOduduwa:
5 Reasons There Won't Be Any Rapture smiley

1. It’s not actually taught in the Bible.

2. Christians went for 1800 years before the doctrine was “discovered.” This is not proof that the Bible doesn’t teach it, but it is important that we look to the saints of the past for wisdom. Why did the church fathers, medieval theologians, or reformers not understand the Scriptures to teach this?

3. The doctrine is based exclusively on the interpretations of one verse (I Thessalonians 4:17). We will get into this verse in a little bit. For now I think it’s important to say that doctrinal positions should not be based on one verse, but on the overall teaching of Scripture. People can take one verse to mean all sorts of things. For example, they can use a single verse to justify snake handling. But we must rely on what Scripture says as a whole. This is especially true when we expect a congregation or a denomination to sign on to this belief. Verses like Matthew 24:40 and other passages used for support, can only be linked to the Rapture if you are convinced that First Thessalonians supports it.

4. It seems out of step with the rest of the New Testament teaching that says God is bringing his broken (fallen and cursed) creation back to life. The most dominant eschatological theme of the NT is the resurrection of the dead (I Cor 15) and the corresponding restoration of God’s creation. This culminates in a vision of the New Heaven and Earth and the union of Heaven with Earth. In this new universe, God (as Jesus) lives forever with man (Rev 21). The overwhelming truth in Scripture is that Jesus is coming, heaven is coming, earth is being restored, and the dead are raised bodily, not that that we get to fly away to the sky and escape this terrible earth.

5. Its a misunderstanding of I Thessalonians 4:13-18. Let’s take a look at this passage:

13 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died[a] so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died.
15 We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died[c] will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. 18 So encourage each other with these words. (NIV)

It says believers will be “caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.” Isn’t that the rapture?
Let’s back up and talk about the context. The first point to make is that this passage is an affirmation of the bodily resurrection of the dead. It is similar to I Corinthians 15 in that Paul is explaining that we have hope of our bodies being raised because Jesus’ body was first raised. The overall point is comfort. Dead Christians are not going to miss out on Christ’s return to earth, but will be raised when he does come.

Secondly, this passage doesn’t seem to support Christians being taken up to heaven because it is talking about Jesus returning (“coming down”) from heaven (verse 16). Verse 17 says we will be with the Lord which may be hard if he has come to earth and we are going up to heaven. Perhaps he is just coming to get us and then we are all going to go to heaven, but this doesn’t seem like a very triumphant second coming. The trumpet sounds, he comes back then we all just skip out of the world he created and is sovereign over. I’m not convinced.

The best interpretation I have heard is that this passage is using the imagery of the return of a general or king from battle. The King returns to his people and they go out to meet him and usher him in as part of the victory procession. After all, there is a trumpet call! If this is the case then the language of verse 17 about being caught up in the clouds is probably just figurative. The other option is that we do literally rise to meet him but descend with him in our glorified bodies. At that point, we are part of God’s new creation and will reign on earth with Christ (Rev 5:10). It is even possible that this is describing the same exact event as Revelation 21, the union of Heaven and Earth, the dwelling place of God with man through Jesus Christ.

The bottom line is this: When Jesus comes back to earth, he said that his people (dead and alive) would get to be with him. If he’s here, we’re gonna want to stick around.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Ibiyeomie Gifts Hyundai Cars To Members (Photos) / Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom During Service, Many Feared Injured. PICS / Armed Policemen At DSS As Suleman Honours DSS Invitation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.