Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Shadows Of The Green Part Two - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows Of The Green Part Two (54795 Views)

Above The Shadows / Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj / Shadows Of The Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by gtin(m): 5:04pm On May 26, 2017
Tnx for the dedication sweetie, ur well-being means alot to me
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by mercyymai(f): 6:11pm On May 26, 2017
thks for the dedication sweetie......

more ink to ur pen..
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by yungeez(m): 5:56am On May 27, 2017
queenitee:
Thanks for the dedication ma. i think I like Gori now. Have forgiven him for killing Kay
Lol...bt I think Kay got wat she deserve...a back stabber... Bt i cnt argue wit my princess, can I??
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by queenitee(f): 8:05pm On May 27, 2017
yungeez:

Lol...bt I think Kay got wat she deserve...a back stabber... Bt i cnt argue wit my princess, can I??
I think you are right jare
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by nikz(f): 9:38pm On May 27, 2017
Oh darl thanx for the mention and sorry for the delete! Stay blessed
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by yungeez(m): 10:12pm On May 27, 2017
queenitee:

I think you are right jare
Yeah baby
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 8:18pm On May 29, 2017
"CP... You mean all these things have been happening since tow thousand and eleven?" Inspector Jude, a fine handsome man in his late thirsties asked standing at ease, he was stunned. How come he was not aware till the death of the deputy's son and an ex-senator.

"Jude, I want you to work together with Detective Irabor and Officer Jakande... I received a call through the Governor that the president is interested in this case... All criminals must be brought to book."

"Alright sir." Inspector Jude said and went away.
"If you guys keep arguing, we are notgoimg to achieve anything o" Irabor warned. Detective Irabor was the country's most respected detective. He was so smart and deligent in his works and he had been awarded times without number but Officer Jakande and Inspector Jude were giving him a tough time, both were claiming being inferior... None wanted to be summissve to another.

"Irabor, do you think I can work with this dumb skull?" Jude asked pointing at Officer Jakande.

"Who paired me with such an arrogant fellow like you?" Officer Jakande shot back.

"Let's get to business.... Are y'all with ya jotters?" Irabor asked authoritatively, both nodded. "Good" he commended.

"Jakande, you've been at the crime scenes for how many times now?" Irabor asked.

"Thrice. I got posted to the division three months back."the other two were busy jotting

"Can you tell us what you saw?"

"The first was when Deputy's son was killed along some other three people.... The second was when some five ladies were killed.... The third was when Senator died."

"Is there any similarities in their death?" Jude questioned.

"Uhn... Yes... The said shadow always leave a note behind giving enough details about his victims... But about the death of the five ladies.... I'm a bit skeptical about it... The first and the last had things in common... Same handwriting, full details, and always with a dagger..." He explained.

"How about the second murder?"

"...ehm... To me, it's like someone is working using the shadow as a cover...because,..." He adjusted in his seat. "The handwriting... And...and... Their death was without a reason which the shadow wouldn't do..."

"What other information do you have about the said shadow?" Irabor questioned.

"Ehm... It's like he's avenging the death of some people... Or probably trying to eradicate a cult big confraternity..."

"A big..?" Jude asked abit confused.

"Yeah... The Green.... It's not a popular Cult like the Eiye confraternity and others... This said shadow exposed lots of things about this said cult group.. Everything is well documented here..." He brought out some A4 paper and handed it over to the two officers. There was silence as both were engrossed with the typed paper.

"We have to visit the cemetary o.." Irabor suggested.

"Maybe there is more than one shadow o... Moreso, we have to be fast About whatever we are going to do o... There are twelve more souls to be saved." Jude said.

"...about those twelve souls... we have to interview them to know their relationship with the occultic groups... Both green and the young green" Jude added.

"Jude, are you blind? This guy mentioned just seven names and he had killed one remaining six, the other six young greens are anonymous for now..." Jakande attacked.

"Irabor, can you hear this fool again?"

"You guys should just stop all this shit!" Irabor cautioned.

"See... Tell him to be careful oooo"

"We have to divide ourselves at this stage ooo..." Irabor stated, he rested his back and adjusted his spectacules.

"How?" Jude and Jakande asked.

"We have two tasks ahead... One, to exhume his body, send him for a forensic autopsy... What killed him? We will perform a DNA test too.... Two, we need to interview the six supposed members of the green... Thirdly, we need to interview those prominent students who took part in his death protest and his wife." Irabor highlighted.

"Brilliant..." Jakande commended as they both clapped.

"Jakande, you will have to handle interviewing the Students and his pregnant since you know your way around here..." He instructed, Jakande frowned.

"Jude, you will interview the..."

"Irabor.... Who do you think you are! I'm superior here man! How dare you order me around!!! Are you...?"

"Jude, we need to work as a team abeg! Can you just bring down your ego?" Jakande cautioned. ".... Or have you forgotten the president sent him?" Jude felt defeated, he was the state's local champion.

"I will see to the forensics... But Jakande, I will need your help here... You have to follow me to the cemetary."

"Always ay your service." Jakande stood up and shunned.
February 12,2015
Three weeks later, The university. James Chukwuka was in his office, he had been feeling sick since the previous day and some drugs were being administered to him through his daughter who was a nurse. He glanced at his watch and knew it was time for him to take his medications. He reached out for his medicine when he heard a footstep, he raised his head and saw his worst nightmare, it was the shadow.

"Gori..."he almost jumped out of his skin. He had been feeling sick recently. Especially since the death of his son and with the recent death flying around, he had been going in and out of the school clinic.

" afternoon to you, my able prof." Gori adjusted his face cap as he sat on one of the leather chair in the exquisite office room.

"Please, don't kill me.... I don't deserve to die such a shameful death..." He begged.

"Do you know why I killed John Anifowose? He was so stubborn and foolish... I spared Yusuf because he coperated. I will ask you just one question and I will spare you..."

"I am willing to answer any question..." He sprang up, he let loose of his tie.

"Who is the leader of the green?"

"Uhn..." He paused. "I don't really know.... Some said it is Sangoyode. Some said its a woman but that day that I stumbled on him in the strong room, with the look of thing... The leader is an old man." Gori got vexed, he needed nothing else from him, he brought out his dagger and stabbed John multiple times. He was vexed, those people were playing on his intelligence. At first, it was Sangoyode, later, a woman and now, an old man! He would kill them all and use their skulls to buy pap. Iyalaya anybody.

Good evening everyone.... Frequent updates as from tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Toyin223(f): 8:31pm On May 29, 2017
grin Weldone
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by tojahh(m): 10:24pm On May 29, 2017
Iyalaya anyborri jare
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Ridwan1821: 10:56pm On May 29, 2017
This is getting more serious as the President is now interested in the case. Lets see if Gori will finish his mission successfully.
Bibi294:

Good evening everyone.... Frequent updates as from tomorrow.
We will be happy to see that happening. Keep it up, More ink to ur pen ma'am.
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by 5ircreepy(m): 3:09am On May 30, 2017
Iyalaya anybody... Thanks for the update. ..
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by WiseFool2(m): 7:46am On May 30, 2017
Wow! Fall all the greens for me. No level. Iyalaya anybody! Thanks bibi. Keep the updates rolling in. More writing grace to you.
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by queenitee(f): 9:24am On May 30, 2017
Yeeeee, frequent update got me. Goriola o, iyalaya anybody. Pepper them
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 31, 2017
Bibi294:
Everybody... Lemme kuku use this medium to share my COC pishurs.. Since 'they' said my face don't match my brain...
...fine gehl

Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by WiseFool2(m): 5:19am On Jun 01, 2017
Bibi bae! I have been waiting for an update like crazy o. I know it's not easy o, but please find some time to drop some update for ur boi.
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
Wow! Great story you gat here, I'm new on Nairaland and dis story got me glued to mah phone, waiting for updates......
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Hadampson(m): 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
Kill them all Gori... iyalaya gbogbo won #TEAM_GORI
Nice update bibi294

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
"Jakande, how far with the interview?" Irabor asked, his mind was in the sachet of fanyogo he was licking.

"Irabor, we are talking critical issues here and you are there licking fan yogo!!! Are you this daft!!!" Jude cautioned,Jakande chuckled, he was about cautioning the old man too... Fanyogo is meant for children.

"Jude... I assumed you never said that... Fanyogo is my favourite drink and I get my inspirations from it"

"From fanyogo? What sort of detective is this?"Jude cursed under his breath.

"Inspirations? You mean... I mean do you sing?" Jakande asked

"As a detective..." He was already on his feet, he walked towards the waste basket and disposed the empty sachet of fanyogo, the others eyes trailed along. "... You need to be so wise because all these criminals are more wiser than you thought... I get those wisdom only when I take fanyogo..." He was lightning a wrap of weed already.

"Hope you are not smoking that here sha?" Jakande questioned.

"Why not? A wrap of weed plus a sachet of fanyogo makes a path where there seems to way." He puffed out smoke..

"Can we get back to business?" Jude gave him a scornful look.

"Jakande..."

"... I could not meet with his girlfriend.. But i met with the SUG president and some students too." He cut in.

"Ugh..so tell us the outcome of the interview."
FLASHBACK.
"You're Olu right." Jakande asked as he brought out a pen and a piece of Paper.

"Yes, the president of ...." The tall guy explained.

"I know... I am Officer Jakande."

"I know you. We've met a couple of time."

"So Olu, we're trying to track down the notorious shadow, what can you tell us about him?"

"Shadow is a wonderful man... He is our savior."

"How do you mean?" He frowned, how could the government worse enemy be the students savior.

"Mr Jakande..."

"Officer Jakande." He corrected...

"I repeat, whosoever shadow is, he needs to be commended."

"How? Olu, you're a public figure, don't you know? When you are saying all these, what do you expect from the students you are governing? Don't you know this shadow is a treat to the school and community at large? Don't you know he is the government worse enemy?"

"Mr... Officer Jakande, I am the SUG president, the voice of the students... I am happy to tell you that we are all in support of the shadow.)

"In support? So the shadow is one of you."

"Either he is one of us or not, he is our super hero. He is fighting our battle."

"What battle?"

"At least, we lose an hundred students in a year to ritualist, Where was the government then? Where was the school's governing councils and VC? And you officers, where were you?!"

"Olu..." He swallowed spit, his words caught him unaware.

"Now that the deputy governor's son and a senator is involved, even the Federal government is interested in bringing shadow to book. Officer, if you want to arrest the shadow, get ready to arrest all the students too."

"Calm down Olu. All these things you are saying can implicate you."

"I don't bloody care!!! All I care is not how much any of those wicked men can offer... What I care for is freedom to all! Most of our us especially our girls are living in fear, some of them have to quit schools and their dreams. Today, five female student are killed, tomorrow, seven girls are dead. Most of their victims who escaped death are no longer human again... They quit school, they lose their memory, they lose their parents, they got pregnant amidst other... Officer, go and tell those that sent you that we don't need their help. We love the shadow and the shadow is ours. I stand with #theshadow."

"Olu, is there any relationship between Gori Fatoyinbo aka G-boy and the shadow."

"I don't know... They thought G-boy was the shadow and that was why he was killed... Now that he is dead, the shadow lives on..."

"Uhn...." He sighed. "When G-boy died, why did you guys held a protest?"

"... He is a philanthropist and a popular guy. He was responsible for over fourty students school fees, he had a young lady who is carrying his baby... They killed him for no reason."

"Do you think he is dead? "

"I don't know.... You can ask Solomon."

"Solomon? Who is he?"

"He is G-boy friend and kinsman... Buh we've buried him, how can a dead man be the shadow? Just let him rest in peace."

"Alright... Can you give me his address?"

"No probs, he stays in Shagari, he's the owner of Sols hostel."

"OK... Thanks... I will see you next time." He stood up and they shook hands, Olu held unto his hands.

"Officer... Can you just back up this case? Let the shadow finish this battle." He loosen his grip, Jakande smiled and left.
They sighed, the students are in support of Shadow.

"Jude... Irabor, I feel for this people... I finished from the university too and I can relate to the pains the students are going through.... This occultic group have been operating from time immemorial. They kill ladies dream... They rape too."

"... Well, this is a government work... Do we have an option? Jude commented.

" Jude, can you give us your reports?" Jude handed them a A4 size sheet.

"I've typed our conversation... The remaining five names listed claimed to know nothing about the confraternity... They claimed their colleagues are the ones their downfall, thereby sending an assassin to kill them.)

" uhn...."

"But guys, there is something more to this case ooo... Do you hear about the death of another lecturer? John Chukwuka?" They nodded in agreement. "Do you guys know he is one of the seven people whose children were killed? " they nodded. "I think we need to keep custody of the other people mentioned o... Person wey get liver kill senator in front of him guards get kidney o... " he dragged his wrapof weed again.

"I'm fed up of this case joo." Jude collected the wrap of weed and took a long drag.

"Thought you were condemning Irabor?" Jakande complained as he took the wrap of weed and took a long drag too.

Hadampson
ToluLolu0122
WiseFool2
lefulefu
5ircreepy
Ridwan1821
tojah
Toyin223
queenitee
rachealfst
Souloho19
IecheM
Femzey
Chumzypinky

6 Likes

Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
lemme follow this story at the bigging.i love story telling cheesy

Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by do4luv14(m): 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hi madam BIBI darling, shebi you promise us steady update nah

we dry follow you like dele ooo
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by WiseFool2(m): 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
Thanks for the dedication, bae.
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by tojahh(m): 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bibi294:
"Jakande, how far with the interview?" Irabor asked, his mind was in the sachet of fanyogo he was licking.

"Irabor, we are talking critical issues here and you are there licking fan yogo!!! Are you this daft!!!" Jude cautioned,Jakande chuckled, he was about cautioning the old man too... Fanyogo is meant for children.

"Jude... I assumed you never said that... Fanyogo is my favourite drink and I get my inspirations from it"

"From fanyogo? What sort of detective is this?"Jude cursed under his breath.

"Inspirations? You mean... I mean do you sing?" Jakande asked

"As a detective..." He was already on his feet, he walked towards the waste basket and disposed the empty sachet of fanyogo, the others eyes trailed along. "... You need to be so wise because all these criminals are more wiser than you thought... I get those wisdom only when I take fanyogo..." He was lightning a wrap of weed already.

"Hope you are not smoking that here sha?" Jakande questioned.

"Why not? A wrap of weed plus a sachet of fanyogo makes a path where there seems to way." He puffed out smoke..

"Can we get back to business?" Jude gave him a scornful look.

"Jakande..."

"... I could not meet with his girlfriend.. But i met with the SUG president and some students too." He cut in.

"Ugh..so tell us the outcome of the interview."
FLASHBACK.
"You're Olu right." Jakande asked as he brought out a pen and a piece of Paper.

"Yes, the president of ...." The tall guy explained.

"I know... I am Officer Jakande."

"I know you. We've met a couple of time."

"So Olu, we're trying to track down the notorious shadow, what can you tell us about him?"

"Shadow is a wonderful man... He is our savior."

"How do you mean?" He frowned, how could the government worse enemy be the students savior.

"Mr Jakande..."

"Officer Jakande." He corrected...

"I repeat, whosoever shadow is, he needs to be commended."

"How? Olu, you're a public figure, don't you know? When you are saying all these, what do you expect from the students you are governing? Don't you know this shadow is a treat to the school and community at large? Don't you know he is the government worse enemy?"

"Mr... Officer Jakande, I am the SUG president, the voice of the students... I am happy to tell you that we are all in support of the shadow.)

"In support? So the shadow is one of you."

"Either he is one of us or not, he is our super hero. He is fighting our battle."

"What battle?"

"At least, we lose an hundred students in a year to ritualist, Where was the government then? Where was the school's governing councils and VC? And you officers, where were you?!"

"Olu..." He swallowed spit, his words caught him unaware.

"Now that the deputy governor's son and a senator is involved, even the Federal government is interested in bringing shadow to book. Officer, if you want to arrest the shadow, get ready to arrest all the students too."

"Calm down Olu. All these things you are saying can implicate you."

"I don't bloody care!!! All I care is not how much any of those wicked men can offer... What I care for is freedom to all! Most of our us especially our girls are living in fear, some of them have to quit schools and their dreams. Today, five female student are killed, tomorrow, seven girls are dead. Most of their victims who escaped death are no longer human again... They quit school, they lose their memory, they lose their parents, they got pregnant amidst other... Officer, go and tell those that sent you that we don't need their help. We love the shadow and the shadow is ours. I stand with #theshadow."

"Olu, is there any relationship between Gori Fatoyinbo aka G-boy and the shadow."

"I don't know... They thought G-boy was the shadow and that was why he was killed... Now that he is dead, the shadow lives on..."

"Uhn...." He sighed. "When G-boy died, why did you guys held a protest?"

"... He is a philanthropist and a popular guy. He was responsible for over fourty students school fees, he had a young lady who is carrying his baby... They killed him for no reason."

"Do you think he is dead? "

"I don't know.... You can ask Solomon."

"Solomon? Who is he?"

"He is G-boy friend and kinsman... Buh we've buried him, how can a dead man be the shadow? Just let him rest in peace."

"Alright... Can you give me his address?"

"No probs, he stays in Shagari, he's the owner of Sols hostel."

"OK... Thanks... I will see you next time." He stood up and they shook hands, Olu held unto his hands.

"Officer... Can you just back up this case? Let the shadow finish this battle." He loosen his grip, Jakande smiled and left.
They sighed, the students are in support of Shadow.

"Jude... Irabor, I feel for this people... I finished from the university too and I can relate to the pains the students are going through.... This occultic group have been operating from time immemorial. They kill ladies dream... They rape too."

"... Well, this is a government work... Do we have an option? Jude commented.

" Jude, can you give us your reports?" Jude handed them a A4 size sheet.

"I've typed our conversation... The remaining five names listed claimed to know nothing about the confraternity... They claimed their colleagues are the ones their downfall, thereby sending an assassin to kill them.)

" uhn...."

"But guys, there is something more to this case ooo... Do you hear about the death of another lecturer? John Chukwuka?" They nodded in agreement. "Do you guys know he is one of the seven people whose children were killed? " they nodded. "I think we need to keep custody of the other people mentioned o... Person wey get liver kill senator in front of him guards get kidney o... " he dragged his wrapof weed again.

"I'm fed up of this case joo." Jude collected the wrap of weed and took a long drag.

"Thought you were condemning Irabor?" Jakande complained as he took the wrap of weed and took a long drag too.

Hadampson
ToluLolu0122
WiseFool2
lefulefu
5ircreepy
Ridwan1821
tojah
Toyin223
queenitee
rachealfst
Souloho19
IecheM
Femzey
Chumzypinky

Thanks for the mention dearie.. How's life after service?
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
Thanks for the mention.......nice update
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by do4luv14(m): 6:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
What's the blast, will you have to quote a whole update to show appreciation for mentions sake, chaiiiii.....
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Toyin223(f): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
Tank U, As For Cant Wait To See D End Of Dis Story
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by queenitee(f): 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
Thanks for the mention sis. You see, we'all are in support of Goriola
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Ridwan1821: 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bibi294:

Hadampson
ToluLolu0122
WiseFool2
lefulefu
5ircreepy
Ridwan1821
tojah
Toyin223
queenitee
rachealfst
Souloho19
IecheM
Femzey
Chumzypinky
Thanks for d dedication. Lemme be waiting for another update. Aticipating mode activated
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Ridwan1821: 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bibi294:

Hadampson
ToluLolu0122
WiseFool2
lefulefu
5ircreepy
Ridwan1821
tojah
Toyin223
queenitee
rachealfst
Souloho19
IecheM
Femzey
Chumzypinky
Thanks for d dedication. Lemme be waiting for another update. Anticipation mode activated
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
Bibi294, Keep It Up Like 7up
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by rachealfst(f): 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2017
Thanks for the mention Bibi294. Nice updates, happy weekend.
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by talk2saintify(m): 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
gori abeg ooooo

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
He swallowed two pills of codeine with a can of lucozade boost, the shadow had sent him a tiny note to meet him at the school mountain by 9PM. He was going to kill him, he had one that before and he was going to do that the second time and this time would be the last. They had lost two greens and a young green already, he had to stop this so at least he could be the next young green lord. He was overwhelmed by the powers he had obtained, he had to traveled to Togo, Yamosoukkro in Cote d'ivoire, he went to Abobo in Abidjan all to seek for the lower of defeat. He had wanted to pardon him for killing Kayode and the fallen Green hero but he had chosen to write him a letter begging for his death and he was ready to kill him. He smiled into the standing mirror, he took a last look at the four walls of the room and left, he would come into that building as a conqueror.
The cold breeze was sending some sweet sensation into his body system, he needed to bleep a lady that night, he had to be fast with the shadow so as to go back to his room as Iyanuoluwa was there waiting for him. He had called her on his way to the mountain to go to his house and wait for him. The mountain was silent, it had been a prayer ground for all church fellowships, departments and even the staffs visited the mountain to pray once in a month.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Escorted To Prison In 1967 (Throwback Photo) / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke / A Thorn in the Flesh 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.