Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency (1445 Views)

American Mom Drags Halima Abubakar For Stealing Her Baby’s Picture / Linda Ikeji Reveals Sholaye Jeremi Is Father Of Jayce Jeremi & Husband To Be / Tonto Dikeh Shares Domestic Violence Photos, "Roseline Meurer Sleeps With Hubby" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by omoashy: 10:18am On Apr 30, 2017
Really, the battered actress and mother of two, Mercy Aigbe-Gentry, is not taking the assault from her estranged husband, Lanre Gentry lightly at all.

Reports have emerged on an investigation committee set up by the Lagos State Ministry of Women Affairs over alleged battery and assault on the actress by her husband.

The ministry has incessantly campaigned against domestic violence and sensitized women to report cases of violence for possible prosecution.

According to Best of Nollywood, a top official with the Women Affairs Ministry disclosed that the case had been brought to the attention of the body; stressing it is a matter of urgency due to the mandate given to the ministry by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to crack down on domestic violence especially against women.

“Truly, the case is with us here. It was reported here by the victim herself, and because of the governor’s zero tolerance for domestic violence, we are as a matter of urgency investigating the whole drama.

It is a good thing that it has also been brought to the public eye. We’re still very much on top of the matter and we’ll get it to its logical conclusion,” he said.

Obviously, this is the fall of an enviable marriage.

The four-year-old union that has produced a son witnessed another round of media scrutiny when on Friday April 28, the news made the rounds that Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe-Gentry was battered by her husband, Lanre Gentry and she had suffered injuries on the face. She was reported to have been on admission at a hospital where she was treated as a result of the assault.

Meanwhile, husband, Gentry has maintained his stance that he never laid his hands on his beautiful wife.

In an interview with BON, Lanre explained:
“Would she have been in my house for 7 years if I beat her? I don’t know why she pulled such a picture stunt but I know the person that rented the house for her and the pictures and all are just stunts to paint me bad and gain sympathy.

“You know where Mercy was before I married her and in 7 years, I think I have tried but she has other ideas and most of the things that I take from her, most men wouldn’t take it and I hope she won’t allow me to talk if she keeps smearing my name.
“I am trying to be calm because I don’t want to use my hand destroy what I help create.”

Mercy has not responded to calls put across to her phone.

Wife Battery: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency For Persecution http://kemiashefonlovehaven.com/?p=9766

Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 30, 2017
angry

89% of all married women are in violent, physical relationships.

But when stories as this come out, they condemn the men involved and criticize the women for being in such relationships.
While they (the critics) stay back in their own homes and receive more beatings.

While the 11% of us men who have never hit our women just read and pray for the best for such women without any form of condemnation.

Almost every woman is a victim
And almost all these victims live in denial.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by GloriaNinja(f): 10:44am On Apr 30, 2017
THIS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE OF A THING HAS BECOME A NORM IN THIS SOCIETY AND WOMEN ARE MOSTLY THE VICTIM.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by missioner(m): 11:09am On Apr 30, 2017
Na ds one go dey disturb Nairaland now... Apostole Sule own don die down.

Eni a wi fun oba je o gbo.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by LAFO: 12:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
Shebi the husband say Na movie she dey do?

Say the title of the movie is 'The Victim' grin

Whatever!
Their family, their problem.

Make I face my life

Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by axortedbabe(f): 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
Their cup of burukutu
Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by goldbim(f): 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
grin Nawa oo,see as set of blows and heavy punches turn mercy the slayqueen to overnight alhaja..smh..all that glitters is not gold.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by Came: 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
Wife beater say him go talk something about mercy if mercy continue to dey spoil him name, wetin he wan talk pass say mercy dey follow men, wetin again? Where dem write am for bible say make you beat your wife if she follow men? Why you no send am packing instead of turning her into a punching bag..Yeye dey smell.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by RiversWatchDog(m): 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ok
Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by dangotesmummy: 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2017
LAFO:
Shebi the husband say Na movie she dey do?

Say the title of the movie is 'The Victim' grin

Whatever!
Their family, their problem.

Make I face my life
obviously he was lying
Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by dangotesmummy: 2:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
After all this drama I don't think mercy will still have sense
Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by emeijeh(m): 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2017

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by Kondomatic(m): 3:20pm On Apr 30, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
angry

89% of all married women are in violent, physical relationships.

But when stories as this come out, they condemn the men involved and criticize the women for being in such relationships.
While they (the critics) stay back in their own homes and receive more beatings.

While the 11% of us men who have never hit our women just read and pray for the best for such women without any form of condemnation.

Almost every woman is a victim
And almost all these victims live in denial.

Where did you get the stats that proves your assertion that 89% of married women are in violent marriage?

It's a shame that you people have been made to believe that women are equal to women in everything except being abusive in relationships and causing bodily harm to men.

It's a bigger shame that the only time we take domestic violence is when someone has been inflicted bodily harm.

I know that no responsible man hits his woman but which responsible woman gives her husband a reason to hit her?

No sane man takes pride in abusing his wife, something leads to something.

Most men who hit women do it out of frustration. I am not supporting domestic violence in anyway but things will not get any better until we start speaking about and against female-initiated domestic violence.

Most women will push you to wall only to cry foul when you retaliate.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Drags Husband To Lagos State Anti Domestic Violence Agency by dannytoe(m): 3:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
Good one from her, is time to take the skull crushier to prison. at leat Nmnadi kanu's room in kuje is still vacant............

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Actress Omoni Oboli Becomes Landwey Investment Ltd Ambassador [PICS] / . / See 13 Sa Celebs Who Got Married In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.