Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,173 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You (18960 Views)

7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Signboard Of 4 Different Churches In The Same Building / Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by lightblazingnow(m): 10:27am On Apr 30, 2017
Have you ever seen husband and wife attending different churches? I have. And it's the beginning of divorce. First of all couples need to realise that marriage is unity of the body. They have become one and none should divide them, not even a church membership.

The way and manner membership of divers churches is getting into the lives and marriages of several families in Nigeria and the world is alarming. Take for instance the marriage of one of the greatest preachers of our time pastor Chris of Christ Embassy, how his marriage hit the rock because of ignorance. He thought he was serving the living God and separated with his wife physically.

He sent her to the UK and he stayed in south Africa, traveling the world without her in the end you heard the pains of the woman. She felt she is not having enough of the husband attention and caring. She even accused him of adultery which personally I don't believe such ever happened. I repeat pastor Chris whom I know and have met several times would never even contemplate of such.

The point I am trying to make is, stop attending different churches husband and wife. If you are a pastor and you have branches, stay with your wife or husband in the same place. Hear the same message, pray the same prayer points and stay together. No man should divide them.

Just an advice oo. If you have any contrary view let me know.

13 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by dingbang(m): 10:31am On Apr 30, 2017
Lol.. There just has to be some room for compromise..

If I should marry a girl outside the catholic faith, well we can get married in her church.. But the kids will be baptized and brought up in the catholic church and we both will attend same church ..

17 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by GloriaNinja(f): 10:34am On Apr 30, 2017
undecided A COUPLE THAT ATTEND DIFFERENT CHURCH, IS THAT ONE A COUPLE?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by mikeweezy(m): 10:37am On Apr 30, 2017
ok
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by menxer: 10:53am On Apr 30, 2017
lightblazingnow:
Have you ever seen husband and wife attending different churches? I have. And it's the beginning of divorce. First of all couples need to realise that marriage is unity of the body. They have become one and none should divide them, not even a church membership.

The way and manner membership of divers churches is getting into the lives and marriages of several families in Nigeria and the world is alarming. Take for instance the marriage of one of the greatest preachers of our time pastor Chris of Christ Embassy, how his marriage hit the rock because of ignorance. He thought he was serving the living God and separated with his wife physically.

He sent her to the UK and he stayed in south Africa, traveling the world without her in the end you heard the pains of the woman. She felt she is not having enough of the husband attention and caring. She even accused him of adultery which personally I don't believe such ever happened. I repeat pastor Chris whom I know and have met several times would never even contemplate of such.

The point I am trying to make is, stop attending different churches husband and wife. If you are a pastor and you have branches, stay with your wife or husband in the same place. Hear the same message, pray the same prayer points and stay together. No man should divide them.

Just an advice oo. If you have any contrary view let me know.

@bolded, the Pastor Chris whom you know is an ignoramus, or his wife was, right?

Well according to this OP, Christ Embassy, SA is preaching and practicing a doctrine different from Christ Embassy, UK.

The example you use as case study was not a result of attending "different churches" but staying and living apart for too long, which created room for other things to set in.

Besides, I was thinking what you meant to say would be along the line of wife attending Catholic Church and husband attending Mountain of Fire ministries.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by pbethel: 11:13am On Apr 30, 2017
U are one. Nothing like my church, nor ur church. Its our church

3 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by emmabest2000(m): 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
I know one family their father a Catholic while their mother attends white chapel , they are still living together happily till date with many grandchildrens ...

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by optionB: 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
The most important thing is understanding despite religious differences.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by jaygem(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
True talk! The speed at which marriage crash nowadays is damn scary. God help your children

1 Like

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Afam4eva(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
Not necessarily..

What about couples that are not of the same religion and still married for decades?

Going to the same church doesn't mean jack sh1t. Most divorces of today are of couples who attend the same church or mosque, so spare me that BS.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Teewhy2: 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
Tr
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
J
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by femi4: 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
Not healthy for their children

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by mebad(m): 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
whether you attend the same church or different churches, any marriage that will end in divorce will eventually .... there are other factors which can end a relationship

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Astrogeotech: 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
B
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by darlenese(f): 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
angry
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by montezz(f): 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2017
No one knows what works and what doesn't in marriage. What actually kept mine might crush yours. It depends on mutual understanding and agreement. My mum attends RCCG, dad attends Deeper life. I don't go to Church at all. My siblings go to RCCG. They are the best couple I have ever seen. 27years and they are still together in love.
Abegi jare.

30 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by HRich(m): 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2017
God is everywhere

My wife is allowed to go to her choice chosen Church provided is not a Native doctor's House

Don't force anyone against his/her way of serving God

Going to same Church don't always mean we both over love each other,

She might be following you to your Church out of force/out of her wish which won't allow the prayers to work

Any family that will last long in this Indomie Generation needs free minded living,

9 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by ikaboy: 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2017
Maybe couples should work in same office as well. what matters is they both believe in the bible and pray together,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Jodha(f): 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
menxer:

@bolded, the Pastor Chris whom you know is an ignoramus, or his wife was, right?

Well according to this OP, Christ Embassy, SA is preaching and practicing a doctrine different from Christ Embassy, UK.

The example you use as case study was not a result of attending "different church" but staying and living apart for too long, which created room for other things to set in.

Besides, I was thinking what you meant to say would be along the line of wife attending Catholic Church and husband attending Mountain of Fire ministries.

You've said my mind.... Yhu said it all...

That example does not fit the topic...

4 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by emeijeh(m): 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
What are you saying?

My parents attended separate churches and they are still together till date.

Na by denomination?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
Afam4eva:
Not necessarily..

What about couples that are not of the same religion and still married for decades?

Going to the same church doesn't mean jack sh1t. Most divorces of today are of couples who attend the same church or mosque, so spare me that BS.
just negodu this bro!
If they're of different religions that's no biggie, but for same religion couple to attend different churches is not really cool

2 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by TRAY2(m): 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
Op it depends on the couple.My Grandpa was a Cross bearer while my Grandma is still a Presbyterian till date, they lived and raised a great family happily together.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Afam4eva(m): 12:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
space007:
just negodu this bro!
If they're of different religions that's no biggie, but for same religion couple to attend different churches is not really cool
Which is worse between being from different churches and religion.

4 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by MhissBelva(f): 12:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
couples can attend different churches based on tastes..I don't think it's significant enough to break up d family.

4 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by geekybabe(f): 12:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
Understanding is all dats required. Attending the same church does not mean there wont be issues. Attending different churches doesnt mean there will be a divorce.

But then each partner must understand each others choices and respect it. Forcing your spouse to attend a church against his/her will is d beginning of problem.

3 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
It all boils down to submission no submissive woman will do that, a pastor went back to his home town to start ministry this did not go down well with the wife who then decided to attend a popular church in same area after a while the man separated from her and remarried
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
Afam4eva:

Which is worse between being from different churches and religion.
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Anointed08(m): 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
What makes the church different? Are they no longer one fold and one Shepherd again?

3 Likes

Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
Lol.. There just has to be some room for compromise.. If I should marry a girl outside the catholic faith, well we can get married in her church.. But the kids will be baptized and brought up in the catholic church and we both will attend same church ..
You no dey go Church?
Re: Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You by beautiful232(f): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
people don't have respect for marriage again....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" / Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? / Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.