Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Adventure With Street Kids (+16) - Episode 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adventure With Street Kids (+16) - Episode 1 (893 Views)

Adventure With The Slay Queen's / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adventure With Street Kids (+16) - Episode 1 by Wizmike111(m): 9:04pm On Apr 30, 2017
It was a bright Monday morning as I got dressed up heading to my “new school” where I will be writing my SSCE (WAEC n NECO).

Actually the Exams is abt a month n 2 weeks 4rm now and dis period is for Extra-moral classes as we geer up 4 d battle ahead which will determine our fate to College.

People(students expecially) always think of me to be an intelligent type in my “4ma school” but I always see myself as the average type.

I jst got into this skul ‘Shaloam college Agyaragu’ becuse of how students “make it” in their SSCE becus it is just a new Private skul that jst came into town and they’re looking for more students, which means I will have to meet new students, make new friends and still keep my old friends-Heard of new brooms sweep better but old brooms knows all the corners? Well as I wanted to make new friends I also wanna retain ma old friends too in my old skul.

As we got to skul around 8am that monday (Thomas and I) he was one of ma few pals that changed skul bcuz of the Exams, we made straight to the classroom which we saw some of the students we felt are Candidates too for we saw some students from my formal skul going into it.

We enter and sat down as a tall slime and fair man entered, “He must be one of the teachers here” I told Thomas, “yea I guess so” he replied.

“Good morning all of you, we welcome all the new students to Shaloam College Agyaragu, pls read your books very well, we can only help you by taking the Extra-moral classes serious but believe me there will not be any form of exam malpractice in this skul, ur only goal is to study ur books and pass well, I wish u all what u wish urself”.

Mr Obri whom we later get to know his name and who also happened to be our English Master admonished.

We all say amen while others jst mocked him 4 saying he wished us wat we wish ourselves.

“Well my name is Obri John and am going to be teaching u English Language, which I believed most of you should be very good at, having said that, Who can tell me the two major types of Consonant sounds we have”? Mr Obri asked surprising everyone as we were not xpecting any question 4rm him, no not now @ all!! Well he need an answer and we must provide, d whole class went on silent, as nobdy seems to have a clue.

I noticed an ebony skin beautiful gal biting her lips trying to think of the answer, I jst smiled, u know why? Cuz I know the answer “So non of you can give me the answer? Are u all so dull not to know the answer”? Mr Obri flared.

I raised my hand and all eyes were on me, really that is wat I hate most, “Ok tell us the answer pray u know it else all of you will get a big surprise from me” he said frowning.

“The two major…….” I wanted to say as mr Obri cut me short “Ur name pls” he asked. “My name is Aju Peter sir” I replied.

“Ok go on” he said, ” they are Monothongs and Dipthongs sir” I replied. “A round of applaus for him! U must a be brilliant student! U jst saved ur class 2day” he said.

That was how we ended our 1st meeting in the skul that morning wich I neva knew only that answer has created many impressions about me.

As we were going out b4 we com back 4 2nd class, the ebony gal came to me and said “hello, u really did saved us of the embarrasement today, by the way, my name is Vivian and you ar Peter rite”?

“Yea” I answered………….. Watch out for Episode 2, as I dish u ma adventure b4 I came out of high skul….. Do u know what will apun b/w me and Vivian?

Source: http://naijcrackgist..com.ng/2017/04/adventure-with-street-kids-16-episode-1.html?m=1

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Larrysun / Inspirational Poems............ Words In My Mind / How To Develop Your Writing Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.