Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber (10878 Views)

Achievements Of Chris Ezike, CP Rivers State Within 24 Days In Office (photos) / Mob Sets Ablaze Suspected Female Suicide Bomber In Bauchi / Bauchi Blast: Remains Of The Female Suicide Bomber (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by AloyEmeka9: 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2010
tbaba83:

Even when he is counting his tithes grin grin grin

Did you see him count money from that link or preach the gospel of Jesus Christ?
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Tudor6(f): 6:42pm On Jan 07, 2010
Why is pastor chris refusing to pay people for services rendered? ? ? ? ? ?

The bible says give unto caesar what is caesar and god what is god's BUT oga oyakhilome will steal from God, Mr Ahmed and even caeser. . . .haba!
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by tbaba83(m): 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2010
Tudór:

Why is pastor chris refusing to pay people for services rendered? ? ? ? ? ?

The bible says give unto caesar what is caesar and god what is god's BUT oga oyakhilome will steal from God, Mr Ahmed and even caeser. . . .haba!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by hubreality(m): 7:16pm On Jan 07, 2010
Isaiah 54:17 is very sure in our lives, I mean any believer(s).

Who is now at lost, that's why I called it foolishness of him the suspect.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by kkkossy(m): 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2010
Wait a minute!
D guy made the bomb himself 4rm an internet!! Seriously,cmon wats 9ja turning into?, al qaeda??
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by adaphik(f): 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2010
Na wa ooooooo , My question is, y did he go to superscreen & not the pastors residence or church, if he wanted to gain the pastors attention without interruption? Anyway, i think that fellow is silly to start with. 2ndly, i'd be amazed if the pastor in question, deliberately did not pay for services rendered, Cos i hear he is one of the richest around.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Akanbiedu(m): 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2010
Just wondering what reactions would have been had this guy attempted to bomb a politician.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by adaphik(f): 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2010
Na wa ooooooo , My question is, y did he go to superscreen & not the pastors residence or church, if he wanted to gain the pastors attention without interruption? Anyway, i think that fellow is silly to start with. 2ndly, i'd be amazed if the pastor in question, deliberately did not pay for services rendered, Cos i hear he is one of the richest around.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by MAYOWAAK: 8:15pm On Jan 07, 2010
mdfishers:

It is very unfortunate what our folks are spending God given time doing on the internet - learning 'how to make a bomb'.why won't the USA label us 'Terrorists'. This is the kind of things we hear about Parkistan, Afganistan and the other Countries that made the inglorious list. Hear him - Protesting with a bomb, And please spare the man of God, Pastor Chris. Judge not so that,

NA WA FOR THIS SPIRITUAL IMMUNITY.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by olaremint(m): 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2010
what is the connection between the superscreen and pastor chris?
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by manmustwac(m): 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2010
why is pastor chris always getting bad publicity?
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by bellisma(f): 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2010
he s just a dumb ass mofo, cant he do sumtin mo innovative.how much was he earning sef?
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by AKO1(m): 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2010
^ ^ ^ He never speaks to the press, so they only feed us what they feel is newsworthy about him i.e. the bad stuff in their xteristic nature.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by AKO1(m): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2010
olaremint:

what is the connection between the superscreen and pastor chris?

None. He stopped over at superscreen for a legit inquiry and blew himself up by mistake there.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by proudly9ja(m): 10:44pm On Jan 07, 2010
^^^^^

yh right
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by AKO1(m): 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2010
^ ^ ^
I'm only restating what he said. Does Oyakhilome own Superscreen TV? Or is there any link that you know of.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by fyneguy: 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2010
^^lol
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by whiteroses(f): 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2010
i know not getting paid for your sweats is frustrating but hes gone into extremes, he could at least inform the police
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by cold(m): 11:35pm On Jan 07, 2010
The bomb courier should face the music for his actions which i condemn in very strong terms.However,that does not exonerate the so called pastor chris from the criticisms of being crooked,pastor chris is a con-& as crafty as they come
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Nizoral(f): 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2010
Wonda seems to never end
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by hubreality(m): 11:45pm On Jan 07, 2010
A_K_O, I do always remember that you're occuping an adored position here in NairaLand. Please play justice with equity in all. Why will anyone advocate any form of ter.rorism despite any lame and unhealthy reasons? Just checkout the slight bad effects on the attempted att.ack on Christmas day telling on Nigerians on transit abroad already. Things are changing, evil is failed in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Paulifendu(m): 1:17am On Jan 08, 2010
Very funny. Naija,e don enter bomb level? God help us
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by pariski(m): 6:07am On Jan 08, 2010
There is more to this story. The victim is only looking for sympathizers for his evil action. He is trying to implicate the church. What connection does Christ Embassy has to do with superscreen?  Why did he go to superscreen station with explosives in his body and Christmas gift offered by him? Has he forgotten the way to his DEBTOR( Christ Embassy Church) to carry out his evil action? Why Superscreen station and not Christ Embassy Church?  To be candid; this man was sponsored by one eminent Nigeria to destroy Superscreen station operation for selfish purpose.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Tes2(m): 6:54am On Jan 08, 2010
I support ur thougt @pariski
.This case is among what USA used in ratin Nig, I mean just 3days diff, its can be solved amicably instead of goin dat far[b][/b]
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by hubreality(m): 7:56am On Jan 08, 2010
My answered prayer is that any evil attempt to destroy lives and properties by any body or group(s) will fail in their hands, some will be cut off by the Spirit before the dawn, and so many will be saved because of His(God) mighty power and love in Jesus Name, Amen. Nigeria is blessed.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by MaxyBrown(m): 8:18am On Jan 08, 2010
There are lots of infants around. I cant imagine any matured/sane mind speaking in favour of a bomber for whatever reason. If bombing would get the attention of a pastor, then all Nigerians should strap bombs to get the attention of Yar'adua and govt at large. Is that what the likes of tudor is saying? Then then sacked bankers should kill the rest of us with bombs and faruk should also get a pat on the back. C'mon, grow up. That line of thinking means you have lapsed into the defeatist mode. Champions don't whine. They go ahead. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by suxes2005(m): 8:31am On Jan 08, 2010
Dat wasnt a good excuse or reason to build a bomb at all. wat if people were killed? So he will say he killed them cos of Pst Chris abi?

Nigerians are somehow and d prob is dat we dont know how to make our feelings known to those people!

After all, it wasnt Pst Chris dat sacked him? was he?

SHALOM
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Tudor6(f): 8:56am On Jan 08, 2010
MaxyBrown:

There are lots of infants around. I cant imagine any matured/sane mind speaking in favour of a bomber for whatever reason. If bombing would get the attention of a pastor, then all Nigerians should strap bombs to get the attention of Yar'adua and govt at large. Is that what the likes of tudor is saying? Then then sacked bankers should kill the rest of us with bombs and faruk should also get a pat on the back. C'mon, grow up. That line of thinking means you have lapsed into the defeatist mode. Champions don't whine. They go ahead. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.
I wonder why people prefer to remain daft in this age of technology.

Where in my post did I condone the bombers actions?

PLEASE provide ONE quote from ME where I said it's OKAY to blow people up. . . If you can't then shut the HELL UP!!

Asking Why did Christ Embassy no pay him has now become "I support bombers". . . . People are indeed stupiid.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by yjay(f): 9:12am On Jan 08, 2010
a lot of strange things happened in December,,,, lipsrsealed
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 08, 2010
http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7013:superscreen-tv-building-hit-by-bomb-in-lagos-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

Twenty five years after Dele Giwa, pioneer Newswatch editor-in-chief, was assassinated by parcel bomb, an attempt to target some top management staff of Superscreen
Television through a similar device on Tuesday in Lagos failed as premature detonation saw the “mail man” as the victim. The bearer of the parcel bomb was said to be seeking his way to the offices of the television company in the 10-storey building when the apparently timed bomb exploded before he could reach his destination as the lift was not working. The broadcast house is on the 9th floor. Investigations revealed that the incident which occurred at about 1-1.30pm, shook the entire 10 storey building on No 151 Ikorodu Road, Onipanu Bus Stop into pandemonium as everybody in the building and its environs scampered into safety. The unidentified young man was said to be making conversation on his telephone on his way to the 9th floor office of Superscreen when one of the bombs was said to have exploded on his face and as well cutting off his two limbs. According to eye witnesses, no sooner that the said young man was thrown off balance by the impact of the explosion on the building than a polythene bag containing three unexploded bombs fell off his hands on the floor. Meanwhile, the spokesman of the Lagos State Police Command, Frank Mba, declared the building safe few minutes after some Anti-Bomb Squad unit of the Nigerian Police had visited the building and detonated the remaining three unexploded bombs. He further informed journalists that the situation had been put under control by officers and men of the Nigeria Police. The station has since been shut down.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20091230020948

Memories of the heady days of military terrorism in Nigeria were rekindled last week when a parcel bomb explosion rocked the premises of a private television station in the bustling commercial city of Lagos. The explosion at Superscreen Television heightened the state of insecurity in a country that Western nations have already described as unsafe for both her nationals and foreigners.

The parcel bomb explosion, the second in the history of Nigeria, establishes a pattern of terrorism suspected to be targeted at the media. And it is coming exactly 23 years after a fearless journalist and founding Editor-in-Chief of Newswatch magazine, Mr. Dele Giwa, was blown apart in similar circumstances during the regime of military President Ibrahim Babangida in 1986.

Luckily, no lives were lost in the latest incident, quite unlike in the first one that claimed Dele Giwa’s life and caused his close associate, Kayode Soyinka, who was with him when the bomb exploded, to lose his hearing for some time. Also unlike the first incident when the source of the bomb still remained a matter of speculation because nobody was arrested, the bearer of last week’s bomb was taken into police custody for questioning. Although his name was not immediately known, the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo, later named 27-year-old Olayiwola Ahmed as the alleged culprit.

Ahmed who reportedly had his hands chopped off in the explosion was said to have entered the multi-storey building where he made enquiries about some senior officials of Superscreen Television. Thereafter, he went down from the sixth floor where the television station is located to pick up the lethal instruments. He was making his way back, using the staircase because the lift was not functioning, when the bomb detonated. As a result, the intended victims escaped unhurt while members of the bomb disposal units who were drafted there succeeded in defusing some other bombs within the premises.

That the bearer of the bomb was taken by security agencies after he was almost consumed by his own weapon of destruction raises hope that the brains behind this heinous crime will eventually be uncovered. This is further reinforced by the step taken by the police authorities to reveal his name. But, until the masterminds are exposed and punished, some Nigerians will continue to fear that this case may go the way of previous unresolved cases of murder and terrorist acts in the country.

For instance, the hush-hush manner in which the incident was initially handled by security agents tended to fuel suspicion that they were trying to hide something. Besides, the refusal to allow journalists to interview the messenger of death before he was whisked away means that if the man dies there is no way of exposing the criminals behind the explosion, which could mean further danger, not only to journalists but to other innocent members of the society. It is also unfortunate that even the television house that was attacked did not show footage of the damage done to the building by the explosion.

The implication of the failure to expose suspects arrested for such high-level crimes is that the case could die down in no time and the suspects would just vanish into thin air. The case of victims arrested in the alleged kidnap of Pa Soludo, the father of the former Central Bank Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, is still very fresh. The police claimed they had arrested the kidnappers but failed to parade them before the media. Till date, nobody has been tried for that crime.

The nation must learn from the case of the 23-year-old Nigerian student, Farouk Abdul Mutallab, who is being held in United States of America for his attempted Christmas Day terrorist attack on a Delta Airlines plane. To show that heinous crimes should be treated quickly and openly, the case has already been mentioned in a US court and Nigerian diplomats have been granted access to the suspect.

If the police have any sense of duty, the right thing to do now is to give the man good medical care, which should go on simultaneously with interrogation. His picture must also be circulated so that he will not just disappear the way a suspected drug courier, Gloria Okon, once vanished from the custody of Nigerian security agents.

Also, in the light of recent killings of media practitioners in the country and the crucial role of the media in the defence of democracy, there is the need to develop a security consciousness among journalists and media houses. The nation’s justice system must be made to respond very quickly to all cases of terrorism and violence against innocent citizens. Otherwise, the sad impression will be created that the government is too weak to enforce its laws or protect innocent citizens.

hey spambot take am easy. . .

going by the above, the best i can say is that the story is nothing more a confession signed for the police - and we know all about those -

LAGOS — SEYI Olayiwola Ahmed, the man who attempted to blow up the Superscreen TV on December 22, 2009, yesterday, on his sick bed at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, said his intention was not to hurt anybody, not even staff of the Superscreen TV, but to draw the attention of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of the Believers’ Loveworld Church better known as the Christ Embassy.
The 30 year-old Oyo State-born film producer and father of one, said he manufactured the explosives himself having learnt it on the internet. He claimed that he had been working for the church for some time now adding that the last job he did was not paid for and that his intention was to actually get the attention of the pastor for financial assistance.
Ahmed said: “I am somebody who learnt things by intuition, and so I was always browsing the net and because I have special interest in explosive I learnt how to make them.

how do i draw attention of oyakilome to my plight by detonating a bomb?

nigerian policework at its best
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by stone07(m): 9:43am On Jan 08, 2010
I am not making Judgements i am only stating the obvious truth as a christian and trying to save losts like you from his likes and partner in crime Bishop Oledepo whom you worship. Talking of judgement are you not the same hypocrtie that is Judging Obasanjo by declaring his wealth as stolen in that filthy thread you created in the politics section? Better be aware Obasanjo is a saint compared to the likes of Oledepo and Oyakhilome
kunle oshob or wht do u call yourself.Why are u talking as if u dont know d deference between d right nd d wrong .if u dont know wht to say go and sleep in your papa house.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by RedRiver(m): 10:45am On Jan 08, 2010
I must confess am not a fan of oyakilome at all at all, but when i see how the issues moved from a bombers crimes to a pasters activities i get worked up. are we justifying a bombers action with the fact the a church did not pay him (assuming he is truthful), are we believing the words and actions of a bomber over the silence of a church or a we saying this "filmmaker" who learnt bomb making on the internet and so dumb as to have "mistakenly" detonated his own bomb on himself should even be listened to at all. the words of any man driven to such extreme measures because he wasnt paid can and must not be used to measure any other man even a dog much more a church. Infact how did the pastors name even get a mention in this whole issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15 Passengers Missing, Driver, 2 Others Escape As Gunmen Attack Bus In Taraba / Okada Ban: "Police Are Exploiting Us" - Lagos Residents Lament / DSS Arrests Fake Medical Doctor In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.