Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network (15062 Views)

Bad Things That Happen At Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna By Commandant / "We Spent N20m To Hack Into JAMB Registration Portal" – Suspect / Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by ebusfav: 6:46am On May 01, 2017
A hacker who was allegedly paid 600K, has been arrested by operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in Abeokuta, Ogun State, for allegedly erecting a radio mast with the aim of hacking the virtual Private network of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board.

He was arrested alongside the proprietor of Bright Technologies, an IT company, whose name was not given. The hacker’s wife and other accomplices were also arrested by the NSCDC team from Abuja. Two suspects were said to be on the run, the Punch reports.
One of the suspects, identified only as Tosin, allegedly confessed that the deal they were contracted for was to extend the JAMB network, from an
accredited Computer Based Test centre in Abeokuta to some cyber cafe operators in the area where candidates can be registered illegally for the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.

The corps claimed that during the interrogation, the proprietor also confessed that he created over 400 User Names and passwords.

“We are using unlicensed spectrum to transmit to our customers using 2.4 gigabyte and 5.8 gigabyte radio. On March 28, they came from Kindle e-Learning Service that they wanted Internet services and after three days, they came again, (Tosin, Segun and Jide) that they wanted us to configure VPN for them.

“They told me they needed our services only during the JAMB registration and on April 1, we went to their office. They gave me the IP (Internet Protocol) address and I did pinging from my own Router. I have collected about N600,000 so far from Kindle e-Learning,” he allegedly confessed.

The JAMB Head of Information, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, said the intention of the group was to completely demobilise the Board process.

“With what we saw, we are of the strong opinion that the DSS should also come in to consolidate on the investigation done by NSCDC.

“This is because if this group has the IP address of any bank; they could take the whole money in the banks" he said.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/civil-defence-corps-arrest-man-his-wife_1.html

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by Chukwuemeka007(m): 9:41am On May 01, 2017
Interesting. But always remember: Crime pays no one. Why couldn't he put his IT skills to lawful, better and productive use?

Meanwhile, FTC

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by chinky202: 9:42am On May 01, 2017
I see
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by emenas(m): 9:42am On May 01, 2017
Another failed plan

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by ukehnonny: 9:42am On May 01, 2017
Too Bad
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by Nobody: 9:43am On May 01, 2017
cheesy
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by bazzyblings: 9:44am On May 01, 2017
cheesy
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by adebayo201: 9:44am On May 01, 2017
As far as this kind of things remain, people will be hellbent in fustrating the sweat of some hardworking claiming they're smart

One thing i will always appreciate the owner of this site for, once someone is being reported, he placed a close eagle's eyes watch on such individual because once beaten, twice shy!

The DSS should step into this case and look thoroughly into it... Jambites need to be extremely careful where and how they register. Once you fall victim, you are on your own oh

Good morning and Happy New Month fellas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by BrutalJab: 9:44am On May 01, 2017
Rubbish

600k to do wetin?

Liars... Nexxxxxt
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by kbams241: 9:44am On May 01, 2017
Okor Ati iyawo ton sa shea(husband and wife way de do yahoo.)...wondering wat wld become of der children
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by Lilaex: 9:44am On May 01, 2017
Make police jus talk say they wan EPP nscdc day cum go given them there case because. Let us be frank with our self to many of this there schemes have been a massive failure.
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by INTERMAN: 9:45am On May 01, 2017
DEMONIC COUPLE
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by brigadier747: 9:45am On May 01, 2017
Space booked
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by GMBuhari: 9:45am On May 01, 2017
hhahahahahahaha

Desperado
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by Tenim47(m): 9:45am On May 01, 2017
this is nigeria, cool

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by Nobody: 9:45am On May 01, 2017
Funny story tho.
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by slawomir: 9:45am On May 01, 2017
these guyz are not hackers. don't ask me why I said so
#increaseminimumwage
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by SuperBlack: 9:45am On May 01, 2017
People waisting money for nonsense since 1890..
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by biafalo90s(m): 9:46am On May 01, 2017
grin

AfonHacker

3 Likes

Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by kinngie(m): 9:46am On May 01, 2017
I love hackers

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by Thisis2raw(m): 9:46am On May 01, 2017
Nigerian criminal are getting smarter by the day
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by DieBuhari: 9:46am On May 01, 2017
Yorubads

6 Likes

Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by holatimmy(f): 9:47am On May 01, 2017
Black hat Hackers grin

CSI cyber where art thou?
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by RealHaute: 9:47am On May 01, 2017
Naso JAMB hard? This generation sef...No wonder __________ (insert moniker of one mumu nairalander) no sabi anything. Smh!
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by Tamzblaze(m): 9:47am On May 01, 2017
I pity those whom have already registered under them. Naija which way?
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by tdayof(m): 9:47am On May 01, 2017
These guys have done something really illegal with nice skills. If I own a company that deals with cyberwarfare, I'll employ them.

Our inteligence agencies need people like this.

5 Likes

Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by Nobody: 9:47am On May 01, 2017
e don red for dem be DAT!
Re: Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network by Nobody: 9:48am On May 01, 2017
Crime crime crime, hmmmmmmmn. Well, let the law enforcement agencies do the needful; better things to think about. No time to waste on these criminals' issue sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students / Yabatech 2015/2016 Post Utme,full Nd Prt Time Nd/hnd Admission / Laspotech Year 2012/2013 Part Time Form?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.