Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,634 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Olx crazy prices - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Olx crazy prices (3332 Views)

6 Crazy Vehicles Built & Used In Nazi Germany During 2nd World War (photos) / Nigerian Man Builds A Mini Jeep, Calls It Crazy Camel / OLX Donates Raincoats To LASTMA As A Token Of Their Appreciation (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olx crazy prices by Readonee35L(m): 1:06pm On May 01, 2017
Can you imagine this level of Fúckery??
I was scrolling through olx in search of a Corolla.
Then i saw this Add.

2016 Corolla
Nigerian used
Registered.
That has been in an accident .
And it's not even repaired.
For 7million naira!!!!. Non negotiable.

How much is the brand new of the car self . Or even a clean title toks.
The guy must think the car is a 2018 Toyota Avalon .

Here is the link
https://www./m/ad/a-mint-condition-2016-newly-bought-toyota-camry-partially-accidented-ID15PPLj.html?code=14fcb64041

Re: Olx crazy prices by diportivo: 1:44pm On May 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

and that guy with the Camry on autos section

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 01, 2017
Probably the power of zero. I am sure he meant N700,000, just call his attention to it. It's an oversight grin

3 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 01, 2017
PaperLace:
Probably the power of zero. I am sure he meant N700,000, just call his attention to it. It's an oversight grin

Lol, so if person want sell u this car the way it is for 700,000 u no go run for ur life? Its not worth 7 million, 2-3 million is fair.

2 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by nurey(m): 7:25pm On May 01, 2017
The car is worth that price

Quote me badly and see if I don't run you and your car over with my battle tank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olx crazy prices by TPound(m): 7:38pm On May 01, 2017
2016 corolla from elizade is about 18m....tink say na lie? enter the nearest dealer mart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olx crazy prices by LeJeun3: 7:46pm On May 01, 2017
TPound:
2016 corolla from elizade is about 18m....tink say na lie? enter the nearest dealer mart

Brand new is 18M!
Tokunbo is now how much?
Naija used is now how much?
That now make an accidented car be 7M . . . . . .

8 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 01, 2017
nurey:
The car is worth that price

Quote me badly and see if I don't run you and your car over with my battle tank

A clean title tokunbo of that car is between 6.5 and 8m. Brand new is between 9-15m depending on where u are buying from. So how would a Nigerian used accidented (not fixed) one worth 7m. The bumpers, doors, windscreen, bonnet, fenders, mirrors, booth will need to be replaced, being a 2016 car that won't come cheap.. Not to mention some parts that are not visible in these photos, plus oven baking which if not dione well can never be like the first body found on tokunbo). For all I care the airbags would have been deployed .Bro the way this car is, if someone pays 4m he be oga.

Re: Olx crazy prices by computerglobal(m): 10:41am On May 02, 2017
Lol
Re: Olx crazy prices by thebigkendo(m): 10:46am On May 02, 2017
Readonee35L:
Then i saw this Add.

2016 Corolla
Nigerian used
Registered.
For 7million naira!!!!. Non negotiable
My mood changed and I felt like calling the guy and inviting him for the beating of his life.

Many are mad.

Here is the link
https://www./m/ad/a-mint-condition-2016-newly-bought-toyota-camry-partially-accidented-ID15PPLj.html?code=14fcb64041

hahaha baba don provoke, such fuckery
Re: Olx crazy prices by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 02, 2017
greenhulk:

Lol, so if person want sell u this car the way it is for 700,000 u no go run for ur life? Its not worth 7 million, 2-3 million is fair.
Hhaahahaha.
I'll be scared o, was just joking. If not that it's accidented, I won't feel comfortable buying at that 2-3mil either.

I've always wondered,how 2016 car done run get Tokunbo. Isn't this May,2017? Why the owners wan sell them now na? angry
Re: Olx crazy prices by Readonee35L(m): 5:16pm On May 02, 2017
PaperLace:

Hhaahahaha.
I'll be scared o, was just joking. If not that it's accidented, I won't feel comfortable buying at that 2-3mil either.

I've always wondered,how 2016 car done run get Tokunbo. Isn't this May,2017? Why the owners wan sell them now na? angry
One thing I always tell people.
Is get Value for your money.
Rather than me spending 7million Naira on a tokunbo Corolla .
I'd rather a buy.
2012 Tl Sh Awd
2014 Accord Touring V6
2014camry V6
2012 is350
2012 C350 Rwd
2011 E350 Rwd
2013 Maxima v6
All toks
Look at this nice list of Standard cars with roaring V6, nice interior and a bad ass Body.
I go say na tokunbo Corolla for 7million. I one buy
Ogun kill the Corolla angry

5 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by nurey(m): 6:55pm On May 02, 2017
Readonee35L:

One thing I always tell people.
Is get Value for your money.
Rather than me spending 7million Naira on a tokunbo Corolla .
I'd rather a buy.
2012 Tl Sh Awd
2014 Accord Touring V6
2014camry V6
2012 is350
2012 C350 Rwd
2011 E350 Rwd
2013 Maxima v6
All toks
Look at this nice list of Standard cars with roaring V6, nice interior and a bad ass Body.
I go na tokunbo Corolla for 7million. I one buy
Ogun kill the Corolla angry

Something tells me this beef of yours is personal abi you toast the pesin pikin he no gree? Tell the truth and shame the devil grin

2 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by elshanAutos: 10:29pm On May 02, 2017
OP, I'm confused as to why you have created this thread , calling someone 'mad' and wanting to assault said person, for advertising his vehicle for a certain price you feel is unreasonable. How and why exactly is it your problem ?

I don't understand. It's his car, his price, his problem. If he sells or doesn't sell, how does it disturb you ? Why exactly are you so angry ?

I actually fail to see how it affects you, except there's more to this thread we don't know, as he is well within his rights to advertise his vehicle for any price he deems fit.

5 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 02, 2017
nurey:

Something tells me this beef of yours is personal abi you toast the pesin pikin he no gree? Tell the truth and shame the devil grin
Walahi!
As the OP take carry the matter for head like darling yaki weave-on, fear come catch me. grin

1 Like

Re: Olx crazy prices by billy187(m): 11:43pm On May 02, 2017
T hat's more than $20,000 if I'm correct. You can buy a tear-rubber 2017 Corolla that nobody's farted in for $18,500 - in the US though.

It's either one of two things; the Corolla was Buhari's official ride; or the weed they sell in Ikorodu is pretty strong. grin
Re: Olx crazy prices by elshanAutos: 12:39am On May 03, 2017
billy187:
T hat's more than $20,000 if I'm correct. You can buy a tear-rubber 2017 Corolla that nobody's farted in for $18,500 - in the US though.

It's either one of two things; the Corolla was Buhari's official ride; or the weed they sell in Ikorodu is pretty strong. grin
Going by your price of $18,500 and current exchange rate, it'll cost circa 10m naira to land said 2017 corolla in Nigeria. So what exactly is your point ?

1 Like

Re: Olx crazy prices by sultaan(m): 12:59am On May 03, 2017
For $18500 I will buy a 2014 Ford fusion titanium maybe a MKZ and those are good rides

1 Like

Re: Olx crazy prices by computerglobal(m): 2:51am On May 03, 2017
elshanAutos:

Going by your price of $18,500 and current exchange rate, it'll cost circa 10m naira to land said 2017 corolla in Nigeria. So what exactly is your point ?

gbam
Re: Olx crazy prices by diportivo: 5:40am On May 03, 2017
billy187:

It's either one of two things; the Corolla was Buhari's official ride; or the weed they sell in ikorodu is pretty strong. grin

seriously

2 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by chukel(m): 7:30am On May 03, 2017
Readonee35L:
Then i saw this Add.

2016 Corolla
Nigerian used
Registered.
My mood changed and I felt like calling the guy and inviting him for the beating of his life.

Many are mad.

Here is the link
How will u know how much a brand new corolla is when u buy toks Honda pilot at 250k from Nigerian customs through the back door. Brand new corolla is about 20m or so. Call Elizade or briscoe or Toyota Nigeria and find out. But this corolla will need extensive work.

2 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by chukel(m): 7:37am On May 03, 2017
greenhulk:

A clean title tokunbo of that car is between 6.5 and 8m. Brand new is between 9-15m depending on where u are buying from. So how would a Nigerian used accidented (not fixed) one worth 7m. The bumpers, doors, windscreen, bonnet, fenders, mirrors, booth will need to be replaced, being a 2016 car that won't come cheap.. Not to mention some parts that are not visible in these photos, plus oven baking which if not dione well can never be like the first body found on tokunbo). For all I care the airbags would have been deployed .Bro the way this car is, if someone pays 4m he be oga.
are u seriously quoting olx prices for "brand new" vehicles? I can assure u those vehicles are not brand new. Just check how much these brand new vehicles sell in U.S. Factor in shipping and clearing and come back and tell me it's brand new that u saw on olx. Those white nonsense they paste on those cars doesnt make them brand new. clearing is more than 2m for ur information.

3 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by billy187(m): 8:06am On May 03, 2017
elshanAutos:

Ok,let's look at it this way .... buying a used econo car that's most likely somersaulted for 7 million would be a terrible idea- especially when said vehicle is a recent model. Why? Repair costs can assume quite ridiculous levels. We're looking at complete body piece replacements + possible airbag module replacement + drivetrain issues and trust me, the side hidden by the seller is not any better. To get this car back to factory spec via certified dealer might cost anywhere around $10,000- give or take. Total cost would be enough to bring down a brand new corolla

You could choose to cheapen out and go all cheap parts and Bondo on the car but then that begs the question: why don't you just buy a certified older, safer car at that price?! I think Readonee35L posted a list of cars that fit that bill nicely.

I typically won't poke my nose into someone's business but then, come to think of it; there's always that poor fool that's gonna see this ad and go like 'darn, this is a good deal' and pull out his chequebook!
Re: Olx crazy prices by kingreign(m): 8:48am On May 03, 2017
Readonee35L:
Then i saw this Add.

2016 Corolla
Nigerian used
Registered.

Many are mad.

Here is the link

in saner climes, this metal pile is meant for the junk yard where only salvageable items are taken off. And total cost of the scrap won't go beyond $3,000 tops.
Well, its Naija and anything goes and this metallic pile up will be panel beaten and put back on the road by evil mechanics, dealers and owner to ignorant, unfortunate and gullible buyer.
The seller even get mind call that thing 'mint condition camry'. So much fuckery going on in auto biz in Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by elshanAutos: 9:26am On May 03, 2017
kingreign:

in saner climes, this metal pile is meant for the junk yard where only salvageable items are taken off. And total cost of the scrap won't go beyond $3,000 tops.
Well, its Naija and anything goes and this metallic pile up will be panel beaten and put back on the road by evil mechanics, dealers and owner to ignorant, unfortunate and gullible buyer.
The seller even get mind call that thing 'mint condition camry'. So much fuckery going on in auto biz in Naija.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

https://www.copart.com/lotSearchResults/?free=true&query=Toyota%20Corolla%202016&page=1

Above link shows even worse damaged 2016 corolla's which cost more.

2 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by chukel(m): 10:09am On May 03, 2017
kingreign:

I laugh when u guys just quote prices out of the blues. Even u kingreing. I'm disappointed o. Just ask about how much these cars go on auction. Even an accidented 05 corolla most times auctions up to $2500 without auction fees.

4 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by elshanAutos: 10:32am On May 03, 2017
chukel:
I laugh when u guys just quote prices out of the blues. Even u kingreing. I'm disappointed o. Just ask about how much these cars go on auction. Even an accidented 05 corolla most times auctions up to $2500 without auction fees.
Honestly. It's baffling!
Something he clearly knows nothing about, coming to claim superior knowledge about.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olx crazy prices by nurey(m): 11:22am On May 03, 2017
@ elshanautos and chukel abeg me i dont know too much about cars ooo.

so checking the auctionexport site, i saw that a camry with just front end or rear end damage bidding goes for $25 to $1225 depending on extend of damage, mileage and whether driveable or not.

now for out right purchase of accidented of those camry driveable you will pay around $7500 to 11,000 for such ok, the one in Nigeria is sold for around $17500 as the exchange price is pegged at ($1 to #400).

so i bought a damaged one for $11,000 that is #4,400,000
export and co is pegged at $3000 #1,200,000
clearing to my door step #2,000,000
total of #7,600,000

the one sold for $7500 has only a front end crash though airbag deployed but still drives and runs. i think that is a fair deal buying accidented car from us than this nigerian accidented one to me as you know the history of the car, No be naija used wey 2018 camry driver will be asking of abro ATF.

Re: Olx crazy prices by diportivo: 2:17pm On May 03, 2017
nurey:
@ elshanautos and chukel abeg me i dont know too much about cars ooo.

so checking the auctionexport site, i saw that a camry with just front end or rear end damage bidding goes for $25 to $1225 depending on extend of damage, mileage and whether driveable or not.

now for out right purchase of accidented of those camry driveable you will pay around $7500 to 11,000 for such ok, the one in Nigeria is sold for around $17500 as the exchange price is pegged at ($1 to #400).

so i bought a damaged one for $11,000 that is #4,400,000
export and co is pegged at $3000 #1,200,000
clearing to my door step #2,000,000
total of #7,600,000

the one sold for $7500 has only a front end crash though airbag deployed but still drives and runs. i think that is a fair deal buying accidented car from us than this nigerian accidented one to me as you know the history of the car, No be naija used wey 2018 camry driver will be asking of abro ATF.

oga,na ur analysis make sense pass for here...and to think dat u were humble enuff to say u don't really know about it

those that are in the know are just ranting and shouting others down on the thread without any meaningful input

oga nurey,come and meet me at be-happy on ijede road this evening make I use Goldberg wound u like dis woman below

2 Likes

Re: Olx crazy prices by nurey(m): 2:58pm On May 03, 2017
diportivo:

oga,na ur analysis make sense pass for here...and to think dat u were humble enuff to say u don't really know about it

those that are in the know are just ranting and shouting others down on the thread without any meaningful input

oga nurey,come and meet me at be-happy on ijede road this evening make I use Goldberg wound u like dis woman below

The issue we have here is lack of quality information customs doesn't even make it easy to know custom duty of goods and all other probable charges.

With absent/absence of this vital information, that's why someone can sell a 1992 Lexus ES (a piece of junk old timer crap) for 1.4million naira $3500 grin
Re: Olx crazy prices by thebigkendo(m): 3:14pm On May 03, 2017
diportivo:

hahaha baba i no mind come replace Nurey for the matter grin
Re: Olx crazy prices by kingreign(m): 3:23pm On May 03, 2017
chukel:

You go buy this car for that price?

Meanwhile, howfa Na?
Any latest for ya guy?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold / How To Tell If Your Catalytic Converter Has Been Stolen / Car Change Of Ownership.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.