Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,449 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (428412 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Mileencoast(m): 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
back2sender:
This is directed to the Lawyer or anyone that has informed knowledge about land issues.

I bought a land from the family surveyor which apparently the land he sold to me and a few other people was his payment for the work he did on the land for the family.

I have the family receipts because the surveyor told me upfront that I have to reach out to the family for this and also pay the foundation money to the head of the family and no one else, he said i should not pay to his children, cousins or etc because they will chop my money and the other family members will not be aware of the transactions.

The family head called 2 of his brothers together with the people that followed me as witness of the payments ( 150K) . 150K was the foundation fee per plot in the area in Igbojiya Village behind Imalatealafia townIbeju LGA. i was not disturbed during the construction of my house except for those touts on motorbikes who came once to ask for settlements from the labourers with the saying that they are not disturbing me but the labourers needs to settle them for working in the area.

the same surveyor did my survey papers for the land I bought, my question is who do see for the deed of assignment in such a case, is it from the family or the surveyor i bought the land from.

Thank you

You will have to meet the surveyor for the deed of assignment and he will take you to the family-and you will be asked to pay for the deed of assignment.

You can't do with out the family- they know it that why each time you need something from them you pay.. Because without the dead of assignment you will not have rest. Because you have not perfected your documents...............

Foundation money
cost of deed of assignment,
money you will pay to the family to sign form 1c,
agent fee,
solicitors fee,
surveyor fee

are the added cost of buying a land
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by bnigu: 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
Vacant Acres of land @ Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos are up for sale. Prices ranges from 500k to 1.5M. Invest today in the most viable area of Lagos and reap over 300% turn over within one year. Title is clear and ready to be transferred. Contact Barr. Ben on 07036346960 or 07086546038.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Mileencoast(m): 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
ifyalways:
@Lawyer, is it wise to buy a land in Lagos which have just excision number ?

What does excision number mean for a layman and what are its pros and con, if any.

Will be much obliged if you can respond. Thanks

@Ify.......I will explain what excision means and other terms that with knowledge of them you will be able to make inform decision

Now during obasanjo regime sometime ago there was a law(an act) passed that all land belongs to the government meaning all land was acquired..and the legal word used to show a land is own by the government is acquisition that why you will hear people say words like the land is government acquisition,that its acquired by the government..........

Proceeding further
If these land or any part of the acquired land is released by the government to the community it is termed excised or excision

So in summary a excised or land with excision status means the land doesnt belong to the goverment,its been released to the community and its free...

Hope these help......look out for a post from me that shows and explain all these terms
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ifyalways(f): 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
Mileencoast:

@Ify.......I will explain what excision means and other terms that with knowledge of them you will be able to make inform decision

Now during obasanjo regime sometime ago there was a law(an act) passed that all land belongs to the government meaning all land was acquired..and the legal word used to show a land is own by the government is acquisition that why you will hear people say words like the land is government acquisition,that its acquired by the government..........

Proceeding further
If these land or any part of the acquired land is released by the government to the community it is termed excised or excision

So in summary a excised or land with excision status means the land doesnt belong to the goverment,its been released to the community and its free...

Hope these help......look out for a post from me that shows and explain all these terms
Thank you very much. One can never be too sure or careful with Lagos land lawyers, sellers and omonile
I appreciate
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
adeekiti:
Perfect touch Aluminium gives a good and satisfying Aluminium works to beautify your building structures at an affordable quotes, you can call and reach us for your projects. Tel:08153665659(whatsapp) 08067079715. Email: perfecttouchaluminium2012@yahoo.com Call us today and we give you a good quote
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Geesanni: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
goodafter nairaland,i jst finised my nysc some few years ago,coudnt get a high paying job as an oil well engineer,i became fustrated but settle for an average pay job in an i.t company as a software engineer.i then needed an accomodation,so me and my new divorce aunty decided to stay together so as to save cost.Meanwhile she had travelled to bury her 11yrs daughter that jst died of accident,so i was the one that search for agent and secure a room and parlour self contain in lagos.my agent introduce me to the landlord(60yrs plus of age),i told him t point blank that it is me and my aunty that is staying together,showed him my i.d card and agree on the amount as(180k for house rent,agreement and agent fee 60k plus 10k refundable damages).Notwithstanding,i have missed 2 good houses i wanted initially even for 150k so i had no choice than to accept the 180k house because the house doesnt worth it.i was also travelling to kano for a field job of which am suppose to stay two weeks,so i called the agent dat am coming,with my money and but am coming with some of my loads because i wud be travelling for field work the nextday,and i dont want to miss the house again and need to sec ure the house with some of my load but am not sleeping or staying there till i come back from 2 wks travelling.the agent said no wahala since my coming with my money.
when i got to the agent with some of my loads,he said why should i come with load,i was so angry dat i said but the agent himself said i can come wth some of my load,(thank god i had a witness when i called the agent if i can come with load and dat same witness too was very angry because he came also with me.)so we headed to meet the landlord,i brought out the money(220k out of 250k i was suppose to pay in total sum and said after when i come back from travelling in 2wks i will balance up and also emphasized i and my aunty is staying together,he agreed ,i paid with an eyewitness and two agent present.i then made a wriiten statement of which we all signed (but the landlord refused to sign)and the landlord kept it,but on the landlord getting to know i came with my load,he changed his mouth dat rent is still 180k,agreement is 70k instead of 60k we agreed earlier,10k for damages and 12k for water yearly which i must pay with my rent,i was so angry,12k for water then why was it flat.i HAD NO CHOICE BUT I agreed(now total sum of 272k).i put in some of my load and left immediately back to my former house.i travelled 3days later and came back after two weeks and balance up,then i ask for receipt but he said he wud give me later(i taught d 12k water fee was for fuel incase there is no light because he sells water,but NO, and HE DOES not even pump water to the flat if there is no light) .After 1wks,my aunty came back to lagos and i brought her in.To my greatest surprise the landlord rebuke me,spark,rage and said i have no right to bring my aunty to stay with me with her(3kids).i go to work and come back late everyday so he want me to always leave empty house and stay only on wknd. i got angry called the agent and told him if i never said i was staying with my aunty,the agent confirmed i said dat but the landlord then changed his mouth dat he thought she was single and i should come and collect my money,i begged him(for 5days) like a cool dude of which am not suppose to do.
He disagree, because i dont want to go to the stress of looking for a house again.i ,my aGENT and aunty WENT TO search for a new house in dat area(because of job location)and got a good one better and cheap (150k).we approached my landlord he should give us our 272k which he said he wud give us,he said he must follow us to the new house and pay by himself.he refused to give us the money and later plead with us to stay.i was so pissed off dat my mind was totally not interested to stay again,but my aunty plead wth me dat we shud stay and 4get wat happen.we stayed, everyday was more fustrating in the house by the man.he wud never let my 3 nieces (little kid )be and get angry unneccesarilly.
Meanwhile i ask for receipt always and he refuses to give us dat he wud give us later. after 4 months(refusing to give us receipt),he called me oneday, when my aunty has travelled leaving his 3 kid with me and said i should fill a form,i read the form and saw dat it was agreement form.
To my greatest surprise,i saw dat he gave a condition in the form that anytime the he needs his house dat am entithle to one mouth quick notice only( instead of 6 months because we pay 1 year rent).i became mad again,but dis time i demanded we needed our receipt first,he said no until i fill dat his form b4 we will collect our receipt.DIS MAN PLEAD with US TO STAY,HE REFUSE TO REFUND OUR MONEY AFTER 2WKS WE PACKED IN,AND UP TILL NOW (4 MONTHS)HE REFUSES TO GIVE ME MY RECEIPT THREATENING ME WITH PARTIAL QUICK NOTICE DAT AM ENTITHLE TO 1 MONTH.PLS FELLOW NAIRALANDER AND NIGERIANS,AS A FELLOW FUSTRATED YOUNG GUY MANAGING HIMSELF,AN OLD MAN WANT TO TAKE AWAY D LABOUR I SWEAT FOR OUT OF FUSTRATION(272K, HE USE MY MONEY FOR BUSSINESS FOR 4 MONTHS AND WANT TO DUMP ME) NOW DAT HE FELT HE HAS USE ME FOR MAKING MONEY.I NEED A HELP URGENTLY,ADVICE ,AN NGO ,LAGOS STATE HOUSING MANAGEMENT,AND A CIVIL DEFENCE LAWYER TO COME TO MY HELP BECAUSE AM LIKE A WOUNDED LION PUSHED TO THE WALL DAT CAN DO ANYTHING TO REVENGE THE LANDLORD,I MAY MAKE HEADLINE(4 BAD NEWS DAT HAPPEN TO A WHOLE COMPOUND) SOONEST IF AM NOT BEEN HELP BY NECESSARY AUTHORITY because I CRY WHILE WALKING AND THE LANDLORD IS MAKING HELL OUT OF ME AND MY PPLE.PLS NAIRALAND AND NIGERIANS PLS HELP ME.u can email me on gee.koko@yahoo.com.au for help ,i stay in lagos,HELP ME ABEG ,NA OJODU BERGER FOR OLOWORA NEAR OMOLE PHASE 2 LAGOS STATE(INFACT N0 8 ALFRED AKEN STREET OLOWORA OJODU BERGER LAGOS STATE,HIS NO IS 08034343551),I HEARD FROM STREET PEOPLE DAT ABOUT FIVE CO-TENENTS HAVE PACKED OUT IN DAT HOUSE B4 THEIR HOUSE RENT EXPIRE DUE TO THE MALTREATMENT OF THE LANDLORD.THANKS
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 24, 2015
when next you are renting a house, pls make enquiries abt the house before paying, you can just look around the street and check any shop you can get informations from, you can patronize the owner and get enough details abt the house before paying.. You should av get the refund when problems started early like dat.
Geesanni:
goodafter nairaland,i jst finised my nysc some few years ago,coudnt get a high paying job as an oil well engineer,i became fustrated but settle for an average pay job in an i.t company as a software engineer.i then needed an accomodation,so me and my new divorce aunty decided to stay together so as to save cost.Meanwhile she had travelled to bury her 11yrs daughter that jst died of accident,so i was the one that search for agent and secure a room and parlour self contain in lagos.my agent introduce me to the landlord(60yrs plus of age),i told him t point blank that it is me and my aunty that is staying together,showed him my i.d card and agree on the amount as(180k for house rent,agreement and agent fee 60k plus 10k refundable damages).Notwithstanding,i have missed 2 good houses i wanted initially even for 150k so i had no choice than to accept the 180k house because the house doesnt worth it.i was also travelling to kano for a field job of which am suppose to stay two weeks,so i called the agent dat am coming,with my money and but am coming with some of my loads because i wud be travelling for field work the nextday,and i dont want to miss the house again and need to sec ure the house with some of my load but am not sleeping or staying there till i come back from 2 wks travelling.the agent said no wahala since my coming with my money.
when i got to the agent with some of my loads,he said why should i come with load,i was so angry dat i said but the agent himself said i can come wth some of my load,(thank god i had a witness when i called the agent if i can come with load and dat same witness too was very angry because he came also with me.)so we headed to meet the landlord,i brought out the money(220k out of 250k i was suppose to pay in total sum and said after when i come back from travelling in 2wks i will balance up and also emphasized i and my aunty is staying together,he agreed ,i paid with an eyewitness and two agent present.i then made a wriiten statement of which we all signed (but the landlord refused to sign)and the landlord kept it,but on the landlord getting to know i came with my load,he changed his mouth dat rent is still 180k,agreement is 70k instead of 60k we agreed earlier,10k for damages and 12k for water yearly which i must pay with my rent,i was so angry,12k for water then why was it flat.i HAD NO CHOICE BUT I agreed(now total sum of 272k).i put in some of my load and left immediately back to my former house.i travelled 3days later and came back after two weeks and balance up,then i ask for receipt but he said he wud give me later(i taught d 12k water fee was for fuel incase there is no light because he sells water,but NO, and HE DOES not even pump water to the flat if there is no light) .After 1wks,my aunty came back to lagos and i brought her in.To my greatest surprise the landlord rebuke me,spark,rage and said i have no right to bring my aunty to stay with me with her(3kids).i go to work and come back late everyday so he want me to always leave empty house and stay only on wknd. i got angry called the agent and told him if i never said i was staying with my aunty,the agent confirmed i said dat but the landlord then changed his mouth dat he thought she was single and i should come and collect my money,i begged him(for 5days) like a cool dude of which am not suppose to do.
He disagree, because i dont want to go to the stress of looking for a house again.i ,my aGENT and aunty WENT TO search for a new house in dat area(because of job location)and got a good one better and cheap (150k).we approached my landlord he should give us our 272k which he said he wud give us,he said he must follow us to the new house and pay by himself.he refused to give us the money and later plead with us to stay.i was so pissed off dat my mind was totally not interested to stay again,but my aunty plead wth me dat we shud stay and 4get wat happen.we stayed, everyday was more fustrating in the house by the man.he wud never let my 3 nieces (little kid )be and get angry unneccesarilly.
Meanwhile i ask for receipt always and he refuses to give us dat he wud give us later. after 4 months(refusing to give us receipt),he called me oneday, when my aunty has travelled leaving his 3 kid with me and said i should fill a form,i read the form and saw dat it was agreement form.
To my greatest surprise,i saw dat he gave a condition in the form that anytime the he needs his house dat am entithle to one mouth quick notice only( instead of 6 months because we pay 1 year rent).i became mad again,but dis time i demanded we needed our receipt first,he said no until i fill dat his form b4 we will collect our receipt.DIS MAN PLEAD with US TO STAY,HE REFUSE TO REFUND OUR MONEY AFTER 2WKS WE PACKED IN,AND UP TILL NOW (4 MONTHS)HE REFUSES TO GIVE ME MY RECEIPT THREATENING ME WITH PARTIAL QUICK NOTICE DAT AM ENTITHLE TO 1 MONTH.PLS FELLOW NAIRALANDER AND NIGERIANS,AS A FELLOW FUSTRATED YOUNG GUY MANAGING HIMSELF,AN OLD MAN WANT TO TAKE AWAY D LABOUR I SWEAT FOR OUT OF FUSTRATION(272K, HE USE MY MONEY FOR BUSSINESS FOR 4 MONTHS AND WANT TO DUMP ME) NOW DAT HE FELT HE HAS USE ME FOR MAKING MONEY.I NEED A HELP URGENTLY,ADVICE ,AN NGO ,LAGOS STATE HOUSING MANAGEMENT,AND A CIVIL DEFENCE LAWYER TO COME TO MY HELP BECAUSE AM LIKE A WOUNDED LION PUSHED TO THE WALL DAT CAN DO ANYTHING TO REVENGE THE LANDLORD,I MAY MAKE HEADLINE(4 BAD NEWS DAT HAPPEN TO A WHOLE COMPOUND) SOONEST IF AM NOT BEEN HELP BY NECESSARY AUTHORITY because I CRY WHILE WALKING AND THE LANDLORD IS MAKING HELL OUT OF ME AND MY PPLE.PLS NAIRALAND AND NIGERIANS PLS HELP ME.u can email me on gee.koko@yahoo.com.au for help ,i stay in lagos,HELP ME ABEG ,NA OJODU BERGER FOR OLOWORA NEAR OMOLE PHASE 2 LAGOS STATE(INFACT N0 8 ALFRED AKEN STREET OLOWORA OJODU BERGER LAGOS STATE,HIS NO IS 08034343551),I HEARD FROM STREET PEOPLE DAT ABOUT FIVE CO-TENENTS HAVE PACKED OUT IN DAT HOUSE B4 THEIR HOUSE RENT EXPIRE DUE TO THE MALTREATMENT OF THE LANDLORD.THANKS
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Mileencoast(m): 11:50am On Oct 02, 2015
olaban:
This land is a complete 5 plots of land at Osere area off Sawmill Garage at Ilorin. The selling price is ₦11,000,000 Naira . Serious buyer ready to buy the 5 plots should call Temitope 08074551280 for further information or inquiries. Contact address 243 Ibrahim Taiwo Road, Ilorin.
It is opportunity of a lifetime to get a land upto this number of plots at already developed area in Ilorin most especially at an economical rate. Documents in regards to the property are available
Please Note:
This property is not for sale plot by plot.
Be rest assured that this genuine ads because you can do all the background checks necessary on this land.

What's the title of the land and the size per plot...
These details must always be included in any land listings
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by BlackBaron: 11:56am On Oct 02, 2015
Hi
Quick question.
Looking for the best possible place to buy land in Lagos. Upscale, (but not keen on the Lekki/VI movement) Or if anywhere else possible to buy from. Sorry if wrong thread.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MrMcJay(m): 7:03am On Oct 07, 2015
BlackBaron:
Hi
Quick question.
Looking for the best possible place to buy land in Lagos. Upscale, (but not keen on the Lekki/VI movement) Or if anywhere else possible to buy from. Sorry if wrong thread.

It depends on if you are buying for residential ot commercial purposes. You may try any of the following areas:

1. Ikoyi
2. Ikeja GRA
3. Magodo GRA
4. Apapa GRA
5. Ogudu GRA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.