Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (428696 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by BlackBaron: 11:37am On Oct 07, 2015
MrMcJay:

It depends on if you are buying for residential ot commercial purposes. You may try any of the following areas:

1. Ikoyi
2. Ikeja GRA
3. Magodo GRA
4. Apapa GRA
5. Ogudu GRA

Thanks very much. Best response so far.
It's more residential.

Also what do you think about Badagry if I may ask?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MrMcJay(m): 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
BlackBaron:

It's more residential.

If you intend to work in and intend to commute from Lagos while living in Badagry? No!

If you want to build a house in a quiet environment with natural sea breeze? Yes!

If you want to acquire a lagoon-front land and build on minimum budget? Yes!

State your budget and the kind of environment you desire and I may be able to assist.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Mileencoast(m): 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
BlackBaron:

It's more residential.

Badagry is great if that's where you want

The residential area is

Agbara
At an
Okun afan

These are residential areas
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MrMcJay(m): 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
Mileencoast:

Badagry is great if that's where you want

The residential area is

Agbara
At an
Okun afan

These are residential areas

Atan and Oko Afo can't be described as Upscale by modern standards. Besides, Atan and Agbara fall under Ado-Odo/Ota LGA in Ogun State while the poster specified Lagos.

Except he intends to live and work in those areas, I'll honestly advise that he looks for somewhere in Lagos mainland or close areas as even Badagry is very far from Lagos.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by BlackBaron: 10:04am On Oct 08, 2015
Let me just add something about omo onile. I know someone building a property who's paid up a few times and now confronted with another payment for the roofing stage. What can be done if possible...

I'll look into the locations listed and so.
Mileencoast:

MrMcJay:

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MrMcJay(m): 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
BlackBaron:
Let me just add something about omo onile. I know someone building a property who's paid up a few times and now confronted with another payment for the roofing stage. What can be done if possible...

Paying Omonile boys is unavoidable but can be minimized if handled with wisdom and tact as it takes a lot of experience to handle them.

Also, there are various factors which influence the payment made to the Omonile boys such as: the location of the land, the families there, the sort of relationship the owner of the land has cultivated with the Omonile boys.

However, you can work on their greed by offering them contracts for supply of building materials in exchange for reduced Omonile fees and security of your land.

Read the topic below, it's very important. The author is an authority in matters like this.
www.nairaland.com/1856610/how-avoid-paying-dreaded-omonile
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by BlackBaron: 10:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
Great read. Unfortunately, most of the stuff listed there was tried out. Seems all to be done is strict enforcement against these jobless thugs.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MrMcJay(m): 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
BlackBaron:
Great read. Unfortunately, most of the stuff listed there was tried out. Seems all to be done is strict enforcement against these jobless thugs.

I agree. These thugs have the patronage of the top guns at LASG.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Mileencoast(m): 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
BlackBaron:

blackbaron.....its encouraging to have people like you asking us questions because it make us have these feelings that we are making impact..but before I give you an answer,what payment has your acquaintance paid. the omonile............with the list of payment he has made I will be able to give my own advice on how he should proceed.

==============================================
these and many more are the reason we encourage people not to buy directly from the ominile#
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by BlackBaron: 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
Apparently paid for different stages (fencing,foundation, etc). New payment is for roofing.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by limmy2(f): 10:29am On Oct 22, 2015
Am about buying a land @ ayobo ipaja I and the owners have already agreed on a fixed price but they are coming up with10% agent and agreement fee of the fixed cost, please is they anything like that in purchasing a land.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MrMcJay(m): 11:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
limmy2:
Am about buying a land @ ayobo ipaja I and the owners have already agreed on a fixed price but they are coming up with10% agent and agreement fee of the fixed cost, please is they anything like that in purchasing a land.

The agent that linked you to the seller is entitled to 5% of the price of the land.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by MrMcJay(m): 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2015
limmy2:

The agent that linked you to the seller is entitled to 5% of the price of the land as his agency fee. If there was no agent, you aren't to pay any agency fee.

The 5% for agreement is payable to your lawyer only. It's the legal fees for drafting the conveyance documents. Don't ever make the mistake of paying this sum to the seller as it isn't their money and they would draft your land documents to suit them and not you.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Greeting Sir, l am interested in a plot of land advertised on NL. Would be going to check it out tomorrow or next. Would like you to do the necessary investigations. Kindly send your contact to uchemaino01@gmail.com. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.