Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (428646 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by adecurtis007(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
lawyer:
[size=14pt]3. Certificate of Occupancy, Government Allocation, Governors Consent:[/size]

These 3 are the dream lands or properties you can buy from with no stress or wahala what so ever. Any property that has any of the 3 is a very Good property to buy and to search them in Alausa is very easy because the records are there. In most situations, i will encourage you to look for properties that have a Global C/O, Private Certificate of Occupancy, Government Allocation or Governors Consent. Its so easy to perfect your papers in Future and your most likely in Most situations going to get compensated from the Government in case anything goes wrong if they attempt to acquire it or query it.

The only problems i have seen is that most properties or lands with a C/O, Government consent or Government allocation letter are quite expensive because of the paper work that has been done thoroughly by the present seller and it almost eliminates omonile from the transaction in most cases. So because the owners know that they have correct papers, they market and sell their properties quite high too because they are selling you gold. But then again you need your lawyer to help you negotiate favourably to make sure the property becomes yours.

The second problem is the issue of fake C/Os, Government Allocation Letters and Governors Consent. In my experience i have seen more than enough fake documents and these agents or omoniles would be so bold enough to dare you to go and check it in Alausa. They will so brain wash you and brag about its validity that you might be tempted to take their word for it but when you decide to go and search it in Alausa, you will find out that it doesnt exist and when you go back to challenge them, you hear new stories and unbelievable song and dance stories that you would almost want to puke.

Always demand for the Document to do the search. Dont listen to their stories. If they go as far as saying they wont release the C/O or Governors consent due to security risks, ask them for the number alone and the rest will be investigated. Dont compromise and get hoodwinked. Its the way they get their bread and butter. You fall for the scam, your on your own.

How much for the land?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chiscolin101(m): 5:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
adecurtis007:

How much for the land?

which of them ? the prices are stated there.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by johnsmith5: 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2017
Thanks for the useful pieces of advice. Soon I'm going to buy a new house in Auckland, NZ. It will be my first house and my broker advised me to check carefully all documents and make meth testing to be aware of the real condition of the property. I've already found local Meth testing service at https://forensicmethservices.co.nz/the-process/. Hope they'll help me to check the building and make sure that it's safe for my family.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Magma012: 11:17am On Dec 29, 2017
How can I sale my landed property in port Harcourt.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by RealEstateStrea(m): 4:49pm On Jan 01, 2018
I wrote an article that is quite similar to this 2months ago. Kindly go through it and tell us what you think.

INVESTORS GUIDE: what to check for when buying land in Nigeria.

https://realestatestream..com.ng/2017/11/investors-guide-what-you-should-check.html?m=1

Dont forget to subscribe, make comment, share, like and follow us on Facebook, Nairaland, Twitter and google plus.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Itydee(m): 6:07am On Jan 10, 2018
Who has a sample of temporary agreement. I just made advanc paymrnt for land. I'm yet to getc a temporary agreement signed with them.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
Itydee:
Who has a sample of temporary agreement. I just made advanc paymrnt for land. I'm yet to getc a temporary agreement signed with them.

Contact me, 08068088866.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Itydee(m): 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
Please send to edidiongumoetuk@gmail.com
Treash:

Contact me, 08068088866.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by musco4me: 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2018
Tonytonic:
I have a plot of land for sell in Asaba, Delta state.owner stays in the compound.contact me for more info
hw much??
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by crazo(m): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
PLOTS OF LAND AVAILABLE FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.