Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

10 Facts About Electric Cars You Might Not Know - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Facts About Electric Cars You Might Not Know (13505 Views)

List Of Cars You Should Buy And Enjoy In Nigeria By Twitter User / List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / 7 Cars You Can’t Afford Even With Monthly N5m Savings For 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Facts About Electric Cars You Might Not Know by GrandGarcon: 8:49am On May 02, 2017
what really killed the electric car then was the invention of the KICKSTARTER, yes the petrol engines were powerful but dangerous, especially when starting, because then, you will need a hand crank to start the engine, and you have to be very careful when using a hand crank, if not it will injure or kill you, it broke so many bones and even killed some. So because of this a lot of people still prefered the electric car, but at the arrival of the kickstarter, starting a gasoline engine became very much safer, quicker and simpler that even women could do it easily, just stay in the cab and turn the key. So that sounded the death knell of the electric car.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Facts About Electric Cars You Might Not Know by EnkayDezign: 9:00am On May 02, 2017
GrandGarcon:
what really killed the electric car then was the invention of the KICKSTARTER, yes the petrol engines were powerful but dangerous, especially when starting, because then, you will need a hand crank to start the engine, and you have to be very careful when using a hand crank, if not it will injure or kill you, it broke so many bones and even killed some. So because of this a lot of people still prefered the electric car, but at the arrival of the kickstarter, starting a gasoline engine became very much safer, quicker and simpler that even women could do it easily, just stay in the cab and turn the key. So that sounded the death knell of the electric car.

1 Like

Re: 10 Facts About Electric Cars You Might Not Know by spacyzuma(m): 11:11am On May 02, 2017
My dream first car is a Tesla Model S.

I really don't want to buy a petrol/diesel/hybrid car.
Re: 10 Facts About Electric Cars You Might Not Know by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 02, 2017
drkay:
I don't think it's pennywise for an average Nigerian to procure an electric car. traffic jam, poor electricity, flood etc.
you can always charge it with power bank
Re: 10 Facts About Electric Cars You Might Not Know by balingaonline(m): 11:09am On Nov 22, 2017
Pls I need a loan, i want to build a charging station, since i cant afford fuel station.
Re: 10 Facts About Electric Cars You Might Not Know by tabithababy(f): 7:00am On May 26, 2019
drkay:
I don't think it's pennywise for an average Nigerian to procure an electric car. traffic jam, poor electricity, flood etc.

Gppd morning drkay Please i need your opinion concerning an ailment. Kindly reply my pm. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drive To Nigeria From The Uk / Europe / Tesla Motors : 11 Facts You Cannot Ignore / Which Of These Is A Better Minivan With My Budget?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.