Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For (707 Views)

Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner / Atheists Are More Intelligent ‘because They Overcome The Instinct Of Religion' / Atheists Are Hypocrites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by Edelweiss44: 9:36pm On May 01, 2017
RICK WARREN'S (BEST selling Author, Inspirational Speaker) Interview...

This is an absolutely incredible short interview with *Rick Warren,*
*'Purpose Driven Life'* author

--In the interview by *Paul Bradshaw* with *Rick Warren,*

Rick said:
*--People ask me, What is the purpose of life?*

*--And I respond:*
In a nutshell, life is preparation for eternity. We were not made to last forever, and God wants us to be with Him in Heaven.

--One day my heart is going to stop, and that will be the *end of my body*-- but not the *end of me.*

--I may live *60 to 100 years on earth*, but I am going to spend *trillions of years in eternity.*
This is the warm-up act --the dress rehearsal. God wants us to practice on earth what we will do forever in eternity..

--We were made by *God and for God*, and until you figure that out, life isn't going to *make sense.*

--Life is a series of problems:
*Either you are in one now,* OR *you're just coming out of one,* OR *you're getting ready to go into another one.*

--The reason for this is that *God is more interested* in *your character* than *your comfort;* God is more interested in making *your life holy* than He is in making *your life happy.*

--We can be *reasonably happy* here on earth, but that's not *the goal of life.* The goal is to grow in *character, in Christ likeness.*

--No matter how *good* things are in your life, there is always something *bad* that *needs to be worked on.*

--And no matter how *bad* things are in your life, there is always something *good* you can *thank God* for.

--You can focus on *your purposes*, or you can focus on *your problems:*

--If you focus on your problems, you're going into *self-centeredness*, which is my problem, my issues, my pain. *But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.*

--We need to ask ourselves: Am I going to live for possessions? Popularity?

--Am I going to be driven by pressures? Guilt? Bitterness? Materialism? Or am I going to be driven by God's purposes (for my life)?

--When I get up in the morning, I sit on the side of my bed and say, God, if I don't get anything else done today, *I want to know You more and love You better.*

God didn't put me on earth just to fulfill *a to-do list.* He's more interested in *what I am* than *what I do.*

--That's why we're called *human beings*, not *human doings.*

The link between man and God is Jesus Christ, and life only begins to have an essence for man when he gets into a relationship with Jesus Christ. Until then life remains a journey in which man keeps searching for a satisfaction of an inner void he is unable to fill. He on many occasions would try to fill this void with pursuit of success, money, alcohol, sex, fame, more friends, religion, etc. He gets more of these, but isn't satisfied, he wants more and more, and it never stops. None of these ever fills that empty void in man, not even religion! Only a relationship with Jesus is designed to fill that innermost void in man.
Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by Emusan(m): 10:23pm On May 01, 2017
They don't even search for anything. They just want to satisfy their unbelief.
Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by MutantMetahuman: 12:41am On May 02, 2017
Emusan:
They don't even search for anything. They just want to satisfy their unbelief.
and you are satisfied with "god did it" as answer every to question right?

3 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by Nobody: 8:16am On May 02, 2017
Only a relationship with Jesus is designed to fill that innermost void in man.

Edelweiss44

So you are saying billions of Moslems, Buddhists, Hindus, Shintos,... have a large innermost void? (since they don't have a personal relationship with Christ)

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by hopefulLandlord: 8:26am On May 02, 2017
onyenze123:

Edelweiss44

So you are saying billions of Moslems, Buddhists, Hindus, Shintos,... have a large innermost void? (since they don't have a personal relationship with Christ)

good question, sounds like we think alike in some ways cuz I wanted to ask this question as soon as I saw the thread but decided to pass
Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by hahn(m): 9:43am On May 02, 2017
[s]
Edelweiss44:
RICK WARREN'S (BEST selling Author, Inspirational Speaker) Interview...

This is an absolutely incredible short interview with *Rick Warren,*
*'Purpose Driven Life'* author

--In the interview by *Paul Bradshaw* with *Rick Warren,*

Rick said:
*--People ask me, What is the purpose of life?*

*--And I respond:*
In a nutshell, life is preparation for eternity. We were not made to last forever, and God wants us to be with Him in Heaven.

--One day my heart is going to stop, and that will be the *end of my body*-- but not the *end of me.*

--I may live *60 to 100 years on earth*, but I am going to spend *trillions of years in eternity.*
This is the warm-up act --the dress rehearsal. God wants us to practice on earth what we will do forever in eternity..

--We were made by *God and for God*, and until you figure that out, life isn't going to *make sense.*

--Life is a series of problems:
*Either you are in one now,* OR *you're just coming out of one,* OR *you're getting ready to go into another one.*

--The reason for this is that *God is more interested* in *your character* than *your comfort;* God is more interested in making *your life holy* than He is in making *your life happy.*

--We can be *reasonably happy* here on earth, but that's not *the goal of life.* The goal is to grow in *character, in Christ likeness.*

--No matter how *good* things are in your life, there is always something *bad* that *needs to be worked on.*

--And no matter how *bad* things are in your life, there is always something *good* you can *thank God* for.

--You can focus on *your purposes*, or you can focus on *your problems:*

--If you focus on your problems, you're going into *self-centeredness*, which is my problem, my issues, my pain. *But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.*

--We need to ask ourselves: Am I going to live for possessions? Popularity?

--Am I going to be driven by pressures? Guilt? Bitterness? Materialism? Or am I going to be driven by God's purposes (for my life)?

--When I get up in the morning, I sit on the side of my bed and say, God, if I don't get anything else done today, *I want to know You more and love You better.*

God didn't put me on earth just to fulfill *a to-do list.* He's more interested in *what I am* than *what I do.*

--That's why we're called *human beings*, not *human doings.*

The link between man and God is Jesus Christ, and life only begins to have an essence for man when he gets into a relationship with Jesus Christ. Until then life remains a journey in which man keeps searching for a satisfaction of an inner void he is unable to fill. He on many occasions would try to fill this void with pursuit of success, money, alcohol, sex, fame, more friends, religion, etc. He gets more of these, but isn't satisfied, he wants more and more, and it never stops. None of these ever fills that empty void in man, not even religion! Only a relationship with Jesus is designed to fill that innermost void in man.
[/s]

7 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:55am On May 02, 2017
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by Edelweiss44: 11:00am On May 02, 2017
onyenze123:

Edelweiss44

Maybe that should explain to you why there are far more people going into hell when they die than there are going into heaven.

Maybe that also explains what Jesus clearly said in Matthew 7: 13 - 14, that the road to hell is broad and very wide and many troop into it, but the road to heaven is straight and narrow, and few find it!

Maybe that also explains why Jesus clearly stated in John 14:6 "I am THE WAY, the truth and the life, no man can come to God except through me". Jesus was not drunk when he made that statement, and neither was he joking! The difference between religion and being born again is that religion tries to make you search for ways to God or attempt to find God through certain rules and regulations, but being born again is getting into a relationship with Jesus Christ that leads you to God!

The fact that majority of human kind are doing a particular thing in the name of religion or finding God does not make them right! In the days of Noah before God destroyed the world by flood, more than 99% of people on earth were living their lives and not following the commands of God. They had other gods and different religions they preferred, and they mocked Noah for being different from them, but at the end of it all, the whole population was wiped off in judgement except a single family - Noah's! So for you to assume that billions of people following Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc means they are also right because they are too many only means you don't understand God works with principles and not democracy. it also means you've either not read or understood Matthew 7:13 - 14 before.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by hopefulLandlord: 11:02am On May 02, 2017
Edelweiss44:

Maybe that should explain to you why there are far more people going into hell when they die than there are going into heaven.

Maybe that also explains what Jesus clearly said in Matthew 7: 13 - 14, that the road to hell is broad and very wide and many troop into it, but the road to heaven is straight and narrow, and few find it!

Maybe that also explains why Jesus clearly stated in John 14:6 "I am THE WAY, the truth and the life, no man can come to God except through me". Jesus was not drunk when he made that statement, and neither was he joking! The difference between religion and being born again is that religion tries to make you search for ways to God or attempt to find God through certain rules and regulations, but being born again is getting into a relationship with Jesus Christ that leads you to God!

The fact that majority of human kind are doing a particular thing in the name of religion or finding God does not make them right! In the days of Noah before God destroyed the world by flood, more than 99% of people on earth were living their lives and not following the commands of God. They had other gods and different religions they preferred, and they mocked Noah for being different from them, but at the end of it all, the whole population was wiped off in judgement except a single family - Noah's! So for you to assume that billions of people following Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc means they are also right because they are too many only means you don't understand God works with principles and not democracy. it also means you've either not read or understood Matthew 7:13 - 14 before.

this is fallacy of circular reasoning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by Edelweiss44: 11:18am On May 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this is fallacy of circular reasoning

Please there is nothing like 'circular' reasoning, it's SECULAR reasoning.

And then, I am not forcing you to believe what is written in the bible, after all you're one of the members of the committee of atheists we have on Nairaland. Like I always tell your type, at some point, every tongue would confess that Jesus is Lord, either while they are still alive here on earth and have opened their eyes to the truth, or when they die and find themselves in torment in hell for blindly refusing the free gift of salvation that Jesus paid for with his death on the cross. The choice is always yours to determine when you will start saying Jesus is Lord
Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by Nobody: 11:22am On May 02, 2017
Edelweiss44:

hopefulLandlord

This one weak me grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by hopefulLandlord: 11:25am On May 02, 2017
Edelweiss44:

And then, I am not forcing you to believe what is written in the bible, after all you're one of the members of the committee of atheists we have on Nairaland. Like I always tell your type, at some point, every tongue would confess that Jesus is Lord, either while they are still alive here on earth and have opened their eyes to the truth, or when they die and find themselves in torment in hell for blindly refusing the free gift of salvation that Jesus paid for with his death on the cross. The choice is always yours to determine when you will start saying Jesus is Lord

this isn't atheist me bro, just try to pretend I'm a Muslim, Buddhist, Shintoists etc and prove I have an "innermost void"

there's no such thing as secular reasoning fallacy

your argument about how Buddhists Muslims etc have innermost void is that some particular verse in your holy book implies that, you're using the Bible to prove the Bible and that's cognitive bias bro

3 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by notjonbellion(m): 11:25am On May 02, 2017
Edelweiss44:

my God
This dude isn't even worth our time man undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by hopefulLandlord: 11:27am On May 02, 2017
notjonbellion:
my God This dude isn't even worth our time man undecided
he's obviously out of his depth

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by notjonbellion(m): 11:28am On May 02, 2017
Die and experience torment in hell because we refused to kiss ass undecided
People from other religions die and experience torment in hell because they kissed a different ass undecided

ReligionChristianity was invented when the first con man met the first fool
-Mark Twain (slightly modified)

3 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by notjonbellion(m): 11:30am On May 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

he's obviously out of his depth
obviously cheesy
Re: Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For by Edelweiss44: 12:27pm On May 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this isn't atheist me bro, just try to pretend I'm a Muslim, Buddhist, Shintoists etc and prove I have an "innermost void"

there's no such thing as secular reasoning fallacy

your argument about how Buddhists Muslims etc have innermost void is that some particular verse in your holy book implies that, you're using the Bible to prove the Bible and that's cognitive bias bro

I need to make one thing clear to you; I have nothing to prove to you! Every man is created in such a way to know deep down in their heart when everything is not right, but many people have found ways to use activities or even religion to attempt to cover up that void. You will always have a thousand and one reasons why you can decide to think Jesus is not the way, but any day you choose to tell yourself the truth, you will realise that there is something wrong with religion. Ask yourself which of those religions has ever given its followers the power to fulfill all its rules and demands? This is why you find people who only practice Christianity as a religion and you see no difference between their lives and every other Tom, Dick and Harry. You see an Imam and he teaches people to obey all the sharia laws, but he himself is secretly struggling to obey them, he secretly and sometimes even openly breaks the rules because the rules of religion can never be kept by mortal man who struggles with his flesh! This is what Jesus died for - to make the sacrifice that pays the price to qualify any one who believes in him to have access to God so that God's Spirit can now dwell in you as a human for you to be supernaturally empowered to live above sin! Because without living above sin, you can not be holy to get into heaven where The Holy God is. No religion can do this for you! They will only keep giving you more rules and regulations that you can never be able to fulfil

(1) (Reply)

Do Everything Jesus Said? - Paul Ellis / Find Dream Meanings And Interpretations In Seconds / Home Of The Elderly Built By Pastor David Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.