Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others (20733 Views)

American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff / Aliko Dangote Celebrates Long Serving Employees / MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by slawomir: 7:36am On May 02, 2017
we all know empty hen are like devil when they give you something with one hand they collect back from you with double hands!
empty hen bad ni. imagine they did the sacking when workers day is about to be celebrated. hahahaha.
happy home staying to those affected.
this is why federal government job is second to known. especially a federal university like Uniben. no one wakes in the morning and threaten you with sack letter.
salary is always paid on time. have been working with Uniben for almost three years now and have never complained of salary because Jonathan was paying on the 22nd of every month and buhari is paying on the 25th of every month
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by discman2k2(m): 7:41am On May 02, 2017
It is well.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by Onyinye15(f): 7:52am On May 02, 2017
Not a good one but since they ar well compensated let them try and start up something small with time it will grow
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by Nobody: 8:01am On May 02, 2017
uckennety:

Wrong quote

It's 145 million unempLoyed

You are the one that is wrong... it is NOT 145 million. Nigeria is estimated to be around 180 million, you don't count retirees and children below the age of 18 years as unemployed.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by emmaitive(m): 8:12am On May 02, 2017
i guess some of them also shouted sai baba and even voted for him..buh now sack has come and d baba seek body is enjoyin himsef in asorock..what a change
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by rozayx5(m): 8:15am On May 02, 2017
Atiku2019:
you can start a good business in Nigeria with 5 - 15million. Any smart worker should have built his house while working with MTN for 15years.

you will surprised some used it to chase women

and have no savings or property
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by CXLVII: 8:20am On May 02, 2017
Labour laws has failed in Nigeria!

As a matter of fact, it does not practically exist!

Every local an foreign company can toss Nigerians at will!
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by CXLVII: 8:22am On May 02, 2017
emmaitive:
i guess some of them also shouted sai baba and even voted for him..buh now sack has come and d baba seek body is enjoyin himsef in asorock..what a change

Silence would have been better if you know nothing about what's happening in the industry!

You show casing height of ignorance on the first working day of the month
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by nikkycool(f): 8:24am On May 02, 2017
gabbasin:
now that a 4 litre paint bucket measurement of garri is 1,100 naira, I advice them to invest their payoff in agriculture
Xenophobic masters indeed.Shebi Nigerians want South African company's closed down before so that the workers will be sitting at home?it's a good one then.As if any of our greedy leaders will establish companies in replacement.Mtchewwwwww.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by Dottore: 8:33am On May 02, 2017
See why entrepreneurs rock. They call the shots
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by nkemjacob2(m): 8:39am On May 02, 2017
HEADLINE:

Another set of nigeria preparing to jump to the river...pls save a life if u find any...

what a collapsed country Nigeria.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by emmaitive(m): 8:44am On May 02, 2017
CXLVII:

Silence would have been better if you know nothing about what's happening in the industry!

You show casing height of ignorance on the first working day of the month
Lolzz...wht is dea dt sombdy does not know aboutEhnyaaah come silence me nah...bro since dis apc came to power do u know how many people have loss dea job because they are not up n doin..all they do is to tell us stories everyday and keep blamin the past...jst pray so dt dsame faith will not befall u...it is only den u will understand d pain apc have brought upon people..
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by Yusufmanusman(m): 8:46am On May 02, 2017
It real make sense. MTN make sense. I love outrider job with another country. Nigeria is a doom with educational illitrate
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by Kobicove(m): 8:49am On May 02, 2017
They were not sacked...

It was voluntary retirement

OP, stop trying to create an issue where none exists undecided
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by TeamSimple(m): 8:50am On May 02, 2017
massinola:
I thought we are out of recession already according to APC? upon all the recovered money, the economy is still sinking deep. What's the problem in this country? Is it that the barber doesn't know his work, or the clipper isn't sharp? Cos me I don tire
The report said over 200 left voluntarily. Maybe they were could get their pay and invest.

Everything ain't politics
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by Joephat(m): 8:55am On May 02, 2017
To all those sacked, Go and start recharge card printing..

Una welcome to the reality, no be to dey advise us wey dey unemployed to go dey self sufficient..

Join us now beside one of them I know voted for Buhari
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by joinnow: 8:57am On May 02, 2017
gabbasin:
now that a 4 litre paint bucket measurement of garri is 1,100 naira, I advice them to invest their payoff in agriculture
Bad advise
Cos Fulani cows.
Or can the 5mlm be enough to fence his farm land against Fulani intruders
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by NLandIsHypocrit: 8:59am On May 02, 2017
By the time about 95% of we the Biafrans wich comprises the IPOB alone will quit their network which is imminent, then if they don't crumble in the so called Nigeria, they will surely and deeply feel the blow. They already know what is about to happen to them and they're already fighting back, but what will heat them will surely heat them and you people will hear about it grin cheesy
The foolish aspect of the scenario is that the zoo government are the ones using them as instrument against the Biafran workers, mtn is successful in the so called Nigeria today is because of Biafran brains within their circle in the so called Nigeria, but see how they were payed back for their contributions, commitments and sacrifices towards the today's success story of mtn in the so called Nigeria. No matter how gigantic you think you are, once you stand out to fight the God of Biafra, you are finished, if you think I'm wrong go ask Buhari, that's if he's still visible.

Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by HSEDeslog: 9:01am On May 02, 2017
Kick start your professional safety, industrial, Oil & Gas, HSE career regardless of your educational background with just a click on www.deslogenergy.com + additional benefits.

With It you can become a Safety Officer, Safety Supervisor.Kick start your professional safety, industrial, Oil & Gas, HSE career regardless of your educational background with just a click on www.deslogenergy.com + additional benefits.

With It you can become a Safety Officer, Safety Supervisor.

Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by chyeexcel: 9:02am On May 02, 2017
Their own better. Me self been dey house since February. Na so I take get my sack.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by Raalsalghul: 9:19am On May 02, 2017
I like reading news such as this. It reminds me to not get too comfortable at work.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by obyrich(m): 9:32am On May 02, 2017
thesicilian:
No matter how good or how close to the manager you are, at the end of the day the interest of the company and owners always comes first.
Hmmm. Very true.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by obyrich(m): 9:36am On May 02, 2017
TeamSimple:

The report said over 200 left voluntarily. Maybe they were could get their pay and invest.

Everything ain't politics
They did not leave voluntarily. They were 'compelled' to resign voluntarily.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by obyrich(m): 9:39am On May 02, 2017
nikkycool:
Xenophobic masters indeed.Shebi Nigerians want South African company's closed down before so that the workers will be sitting at home?it's a good one then.As if any of our greedy leaders will establish companies in replacement.Mtchewwwwww.
When people were shouting MTN should leave Nigeria and all manners of gibberish, I was just laughing. Only a fool will pull down his house in anger because it has a leaky roof.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by Goldenheart(m): 9:40am On May 02, 2017
After spending millions in yeyebrites
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by obyrich(m): 9:45am On May 02, 2017
JayJohnson:
They will now go to employ others that will receive a third of their salary
Cost cutting strategies
That's true. That's what they mean by the changing dynamics of the telecom industry. Some of the people sacked had been made redundant prior to now. So they knew their sack was imminent.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by leonn(m): 10:09am On May 02, 2017
To be sincere the 280 staffs sacked are well compensated. Mtn wasted five years of my life working as a customer care representative, about 1500 sacked last year september 30th with nothing as severance benefit. In fact we only got the last month salary after serious we no gree. But am grateful to God I have moved on. But what is wrong is wrong. Nigeria is gradually becoming a zoo, lawlessness at its peak.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by leonn(m): 10:20am On May 02, 2017
Kobicove:
They were not sacked...

It was voluntary retirement

OP, stop trying to create an issue where none exists undecided
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by Alore: 11:57am On May 02, 2017
obyrich:
That's true. That's what they mean by the changing dynamics of the telecom industry. Some of the people sacked had been made redundant prior to now. So they knew their sack was imminent.

That's not true. A lot, and most of the staff are very actively engaged.
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 02, 2017
sorry men u have just been MTNed... MTN knows how to break people's heart
Re: MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others by missloluwa(f): 12:47pm On May 02, 2017
They were not sacked neither were they compelled to leave. MTN allowed those who wanted to leave to do so, however some people may have felt like it was safer to leave now than find out later that they may need to be made redundant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of A Man With One Leg Doing Menial Job / 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich / Doctors, Health Workers Can’t Receive Equal Pay – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.