Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life (4213 Views)

Men Wise Up, Marriage Favours Women More (photos) / Ladies Give Love To Get Favours Men Give Favours To Get Love / Ladies! Marriage Is Not An Ambition, Follow Your Ambition... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nellychinma20(f): 10:59am On May 02, 2017
Yesterday I was with my friend(a divorcee) and we took a memory walk on her previous marriage. She was pressurized into the marriage by family and they were even the first to place the blame on her when the problems started.
My advice to young ladies, get a life, don't let a man give u meaning. Many rush into marriage even as many rush out. Marriage is not as many think it is.
I created this forum so that we ladies can voice our mind on marriage and everything pertaining to it. And please no insults allowed and don't let the males derail us. so bring it on

7 Likes

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 11:06am On May 02, 2017
Don't let one failed marriage be the parameter to judge other marriage outcomes. People are doing well in marriages and it doesn't just favour only men.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Homers123(m): 11:06am On May 02, 2017
Women and them wahala,confusion break bone.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by thesuave10(m): 11:18am On May 02, 2017
Nellychinma20:
Yesterday I was with my friend(a divorcee) and we took a memory walk on her previous marriage. She was pressurized into the marriage by family and they were even the first to place the blame on her when the problems started.
My advice to young ladies, get a life, don't let a man give u meaning. Many rush into marriage even as many rush out. Marriage is not as many think it is.
I created this forum so that we ladies can voice our mind on marriage and everything pertaining to it. And please no insults allowed and don't let the males derail us. so bring it on

I agree that marriage is So overrated. Every woman needs a man. Women are like a storm of emotions and men are like their rock they hold on to

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by subtlemee(f): 11:53am On May 02, 2017
People marry these days cos of diverse reasons which causes the marriage to crash before it even starts but if it is born out of love it passes the test of time and yes marriage favours the men most cos everything lies on the woman's head but men dread separation the most don't allow anybody fool you

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by yomi007k(m): 1:25pm On May 02, 2017
grin

This op is obviously heartbroken....u need more ladies on ur ship right?

Almost every one has suffered from bad relationship jus as almost everyone hv enjoyed good n r enjoying good ones.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 02, 2017
subtlemee:
People marry these days cos of diverse reasons which causes the marriage to crash before it even starts but if it is born out of love it passes the test of time and yes marriage favours the men most cos everything lies on the woman's head but men dread separation the most don't allow anybody fool you

Hmmm ....at marriage favours the men most . No offence but kindly elucidate and educate me ...
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 02, 2017
kimbra:
Don't let one failed marriage be the parameter to judge other marriage outcomes. People are doing well in marriages and it doesn't just favour only men.

I need you guys to hit that like button on this post ...let's not let fear get into our heads .
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 02, 2017
@ OP ...I believe it should favour both ...I mean it does favour both . While I do admit that this world is a sexist place , I also believe that the exact degree of favour if it could be measured by whatever standard isn't exactly the same for a couple .

Hope your friend is doing well .

Truth be told in this part of the world during divorce the woman gets a raw deal .

I want to ask what happened ...but I fear that would be a breach of your friend's privacy .

My advice to all ladies is this do not let marriage be a yardstick of validation for you .

Relationship no be telemundo but by no means should it be game of thrones .

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Lionessza(f): 1:44pm On May 02, 2017
The problem with many women is that they tend to enter into a marriage /serious relationship without having formed their own identities they expect the marriage to give them identity instead of them giving the marriage life and identity.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Mansions: 2:08pm On May 02, 2017
When you go and buy a commodity for instance a car with your money . You have the right to use it the way you like and park it whenever you choose. So Nigeria girls have chosen to be a commodity and liability to men so I don't blame if any rich guy that treats his wife like trash cos that's what they deserve. You are a girl , you did not learn a hand work, no job, no money .then all you can offer is painted face and expensive hair which still a man's money and then why would the Man value you. You girls should please try to be independent and stop depending on men or asking them for money

5 Likes

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nellychinma20(f): 3:33pm On May 02, 2017
thanks for the contributions, but for those who think am using my friends Marriage to generalize,that's a big lie. Am talking from experience, anyway I wouldn't blame any one maybe with time God will open ur inner eyes to see the not so obvious things

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nellychinma20(f): 3:35pm On May 02, 2017
And for those always looking for something to criticize, I have an advice for u "be quick to listen and slow to speak" ,try to learn from others and don't always be on the defence
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nellychinma20(f): 3:42pm On May 02, 2017
tobianthony:
@ OP ...I believe it should favour both ...I mean it does favour both . While I do admit that this world is a sexist place , I also believe that the exact degree of favour if it could be measured by whatever standard isn't exactly the same for a couple .

Hope your friend is doing well .

Truth be told in this part of the world during divorce the woman gets a raw deal .

I want to ask what happened ...but I fear that would be a breach of your friend's privacy .

My advice to all ladies is this do not let marriage be a yardstick of validation for you .

Relationship no be telemundo but by no means should it be game of thrones .
thanks a lot, I love ur smartness. my point is that if we can be frank with ourselves, we would know that men are the greatest beneficiary in any marriage. let's check this
once u marry a lady, she's expected to cook, wash, clean, arrange, tolerate, endure, appreciate encourage and make babies in addition to warming the bed and being at ur beck and call.
Moreover there are also other things I may not be able to mention. Likewise the society is not helping matters, the whole burden is on the woman. she's expected to take anything from the husbands family :if the husband cheats it's her fault, if he beats her she's at fault cos she talks too much, the man as portrayed as perfect by the society

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by SmellingAnus(m): 3:44pm On May 02, 2017
Marriage favours men the most you said? I guess that's why we have more men that are desperate to get married while the women are relaxed.... grin

7 Likes

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nellychinma20(f): 3:46pm On May 02, 2017
I have an advice for ladies
marriage is not a do or die affair
marriage is not a child's play
Get a life before u get a man
Don't believe the man has ur best interest at heart and know what suits u better
Don't believe because u are married, ur husband will do ur bidding all the time
No man wants a liability
A man would appreciate if u have a life outside the marriage
Your husband is not ur father

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 02, 2017
Nellychinma20:
thanks a lot, I love ur smartness. my point is that if we can be frank with ourselves, we would know that men are the greatest beneficiary in any marriage. let's check this
once u marry a lady, she's expected to cook, wash, clean, arrange, tolerate, endure, appreciate encourage and make babies in addition to warming the bed and being at ur beck and call.
Moreover there are also other things I may not be able to mention. Likewise the society is not helping matters, the whole burden is on the woman. she's expected to take anything from the husbands family :if the husband cheats it's her fault, if he beats her she's at fault cos she talks too much, the man as portrayed as perfect by the society

That's the social contract I keep referring to if you check some of my previous posts .

Wife cleans , takes care of kids , provides sex for her man : man provides housing , food and security . How tenable this model is for modern society is up for debate .

But pray give us a few clues as to what happened to your friend ?

Why was she forced to marry this fellow ?
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 02, 2017
You didn't tell us how marriage favour men the most?
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 02, 2017
Nellychinma20:
thanks a lot, I love ur smartness. my point is that if we can be frank with ourselves, we would know that men are the greatest beneficiary in any marriage. Let's check this once u marry a lady, she's expected to cook, wash, clean, arrange, tolerate, endure, appreciate encourage and make babies in addition to warming the bed and being at ur beck and call.
See...
There's nothing like the men are the greatest benefactors in a marriage. Marriage is a union of two individuals from different backgrounds coming together to pull resources to the best of their interest.

I'm not a churchy person but I know that both man and woman were given duties from the time of creation. God said man would toil before he eats and the woman would undergo labour before bringing forth a child. Do you know that in most marriages the men offer more?. Take for an instance a situation where the lady is a stay at home wife with kids. The man is expected to make all provisions while what the lady is required to do is home chores. Which one seem more of a burden to you?. So as for that list you gave, it's the woman's duties and if you can't do them then stay out of marriage. No be by force.

Mind you, I don't support idleness. Both what you get from any marriage depends on what you put in to make it work. Life is not a bed of roses.

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 02, 2017
op u are suffering from husband scarcity

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 02, 2017
I have a friend, we were talking yesterday about boyfriends aand she said she has some doubts about hers, he drinks although he doesnt get drunk, she was mad when she heard he drank 15 bottles of beer the other day although he wasnt drunk, just a little tipsy. She has recently found out that he smokes occasionally when she thought he quit before they met. These two love each other, even i can see that. She also has concerns that he doesn't have money, he was just starting a business around the time he met her and the business hasn't really picked up, but he is the type that if he has N1000 and she says she's broke, he will give her N500. She has concerns, her mum has been to four prophets who told her that he may not have money now but later will be better and their marriage will be peacful. So my question is should she marry this guy or start seeing other suitors? she told him that she isnt ready to marry but will be ready in 2 years when she would have finished service, she's 24 by the way. We just thought we should throw it open to get advice

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by BoosBae(f): 7:54pm On May 02, 2017
If a lady isn't ready to be a slave, a prostitute to her husband and play the fool to a lot of things, then she isn't ready to stay married in this country.

Just pray for an understanding man, not the one with the typical Nigerian husband mentality and marriage won't be much of a burden to you.

Op I agree with you to an extent, I understand where you are coming from.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by eezeribe(m): 8:02pm On May 02, 2017
Nellychinma20:
thanks for the contributions, but for those who think am using my friends Marriage to generalize,that's a big lie. Am talking from experience, anyway I wouldn't blame any one maybe with time God will open ur inner eyes to see the not so obvious things

Leave God out of this matter,he is not the one that opened your inner eyes,it is probably the devil as he did to Eve in the garden.
Only an ignorant person expects everyone to reason in the same line.
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 02, 2017
funmisticqueen:
I have a friend, we were talking yesterday about boyfriends aand she said she has some doubts about hers, he drinks although he doesnt get drunk, she was mad when she heard he drank 15 bottles of beer the other day although he wasnt drunk, just a little tipsy. She has recently found out that he smokes occasionally when she thought he quit before they met. These two love each other, even i can see that. She also has concerns that he doesn't have money, he was just starting a business around the time he met her and the business hasn't really picked up, but he is the type that if he has N1000 and she says she's broke, he will give her N500. She has concerns, her mum has been to four prophets who told her that he may not have money now but later will be better and their marriage will be peacful. So my question is should she marry this guy or start seeing other suitors? she told him that she isnt ready to marry but will be ready in 2 years when she would have finished service, she's 24 by the way. We just thought we should throw it open to get advice

Hmmm...

My first observation is that you told us a lot about this fellow but little about your friend ...save for the fact her mother knows four prophets ?

The first thing that came to my mind is that ..why does your friend want to get married at such a young age ? How many of her dreams has she accomplished ?

No offence ...but I put myself in her high heels and I said to myself marriage can kill dreams ... Which in itself is not necessarily a bad thing . Let her go into the world and make something of herself and then say yes ...I have found myself ...I need this fellow to start a family .

If I were your friend I would protect my relationship from my mother .

I shudder at the thought of a potential mother in law going to not one but four prophets to see my future ...

Perhaps I'm being to forward ... But tell us more about your friend . That would help a lot .
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 02, 2017
BoosBae:
If a lady isn't ready to be a slave, a prostitute to her husband and play the fool to a lot of things, then she isn't ready to stay married in this country.

Just pray for an understanding man, not the one with the typical Nigerian husband mentality and marriage won't be much of a burden to you.

Op I agree with you to an extent, I understand where you are coming from.

Interesting point of view ... Why do you think this way ...with regard to your first paragraph ?
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 02, 2017
This is not a battle of male and female !
Marriage favours both and as much as we have divorce cases not all marriages end in tears ...

Your advice should be to know each other first , , see if both of you are compatible before deciding . and do not rush ...

The ones who marry early to have lives smiley
No marriage is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 02, 2017
Bumbae1:
This is not a battle of male and female !
Marriage favours both and as much as we have divorce cases not all marriages end in tears ...

Your advice should be to know each other first , , see if both of you are compatible before deciding . and do not rush ...

The ones who marry early to have lives smiley
No marriage is perfect.
Abi o!, how are you?. grin
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 02, 2017
kimbra:
Abi o!, how are you?. grin
Mi Lady ! I'm good just logged in... make i out mouth small grin
How are u ?
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Mi Lady ! I'm good just logged in... make i out mouth small grin
How are u ?
Bored jawe. grin
Marriage issues no be here.
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 02, 2017
kimbra:
Bored jawe. grin
Marriage issues no be here.
Nah by force person must marry
Kilode grin

Yh same here just dry small
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Nah by force person must marry
Kilode grin

Yh same here just dry small
Marriage isn't for the faint hearted.
Re: Strictly For Ladies, Marriage Favours Men The Most, Get A Life by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 02, 2017
kimbra:
Marriage isn't for the faint hearted.
Right now my heart faint
So nah to postpone remain grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"You Are A Rare Commodity" See Reactions To This Girl's Wonderful Facebook Post. / I Want To Die... My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me, Suicidal Girl Cries (pictures) / A Note To Some Fellas Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.