Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) (54206 Views)

Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) / Meet Lilliana Akah, A Talented 13-Year-Old Nigerian Who Has Written 9 Books / Phd, A Must For University Teachers From 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by chimebube: 12:23pm On May 02, 2017
President Buhari's media aide, Tolu Ogunlesi, who is also Head of Digital Communication for the Nigerian President, has slammed @Blacktolive, a Twitter handle which celebrates anything concerning black excellence, for celebrating Esther Okade, a 13-year-old British-Nigerian who is set to earn her PhD by 2018.

Esther Okade came to limelight in 2015, after a CNN report revealed that the British-Nigerian youngster was one of U.K's youngest college freshmen, after she enrolled at the Open University, a UK-based distance learning college, in January 2015 at the age of 10 and was on top of her class.

Tolu Ogunlesi who took to Twitter to disclose how he feels about Esther Okade's celebration on Black to Live, said that he sees nothing worth celebrating there, and further asked what a 13-year-old will be doing with a PhD.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/i-dont-see-anything-worth-celebrating.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by ellagabs(f): 12:27pm On May 02, 2017
i concor...
hia in nigeria som stil dey batle wt 1st degree at d age of 35yrs

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Partnerbiz(f): 12:29pm On May 02, 2017
The guy isn't politically correct.
I think Buhari is the cause.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Tolexander: 12:30pm On May 02, 2017
Tolu Ogunlesi who took to Twitter to disclose how he feels about Esther Okade's celebration on Black to Live, said that he sees nothing worth celebrating there, and further asked what a 13-year-old will be doing with a PhD.
Tolu Ogunlesi could have waited to see what the girl will do with the PhD before that moronic question and imagination.

So far Ogunlesi was preparing for a primary 6 living certificate at that age 13 isn't a reason to downplay what a 13year old will do with an earned PhD certificate.

176 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 02, 2017
Well, it's worth celebrating.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Mikee7(m): 1:25pm On May 02, 2017
We have a genius in our midst that is worth celebration.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Greatigbos(f): 1:41pm On May 02, 2017
typical yoruba guy

but if it was a yoruba person, he will be worth celebrating

African mentality.......if only he knows the worth

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Turks: 1:41pm On May 02, 2017
Only a MO.w.RON would ask this type of question. She could end up at NASA you know or somewhere better.

When you don't kuku have a PhD. How you go know wetin to take am do

49 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by sotall(m): 1:42pm On May 02, 2017
ok
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Crauxx(m): 1:42pm On May 02, 2017
Cant nigerians take thier bad belle and keep it to themselves?
This young girl has done something really incredible and almost impossible for her age mates to achieve. And she is even top if her class.
Help me ask tolu if by 10 years he was done with primary school.

I am so proud of the little girl.

By the way, as for the use of the phd, she can get hired at a very young age, make a ground breaking discovery and even win a nobel prize.

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with having a phd young. Our african mentality is worrying us.

He who is dissapointed by his own life should not try to bring others down by cricticizing them.

Once again I am so proud and happy for the girl.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by gwmlogistic: 1:42pm On May 02, 2017
. Tolu mind ur biz.

In other news. Urgent sales. Fairly used AC @ very reasonable price

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by OVA200(m): 1:43pm On May 02, 2017
Hmmmm, at 13 me I still dey JSS 2 and this one don dey hunt PhD.

But to be sincere she is too young for PhD though she might be brilliant but what about her maturity and intelligence.

9 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by ikombe: 1:43pm On May 02, 2017
e pain am grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 02, 2017
It's worth celebrating biko
Her mate never pass Junior WEAC

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Category1: 1:43pm On May 02, 2017
All the whole Nigerian politicians that has the so called 'PhD" + bubu that doesn't have anyone is not better than that "12 yo girl"

7 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by dragonking2: 1:43pm On May 02, 2017
She is even more educated that the dullard of a president cry cry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by MemphisRaynes: 1:43pm On May 02, 2017
Where did Buhari get all this people from sef? So because Buhari does not have WAEC at 76, someone else cannot have PhD at 13 abi?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 02, 2017
Good for her.

Let her start carrying file around early enough

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by chrisxxx(m): 1:44pm On May 02, 2017
13 years? How?
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by FerrytimCharis: 1:44pm On May 02, 2017
A nice question to ponder on. After PhD.... What next? Lecturing? Who is she gonna lecture? Just wondering though.... angry

7 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Ambode4presdo: 1:44pm On May 02, 2017
Greatigbos:
typical yoruba guy

but if it was a yoruba person, he will be worth celebrating

African mentality.......if only he knows the worth

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 02, 2017
She's not a Nigerian sha? Good for her...our president and Oshomole don't have primary 6.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by hobermener: 1:45pm On May 02, 2017
I understand where the dude is coming from!!

If the president of the most populous black nation on earth can attain to that position without a common secondary school leaving certificate, and still has a prof as his assistant, then what is there to celebrate about a girl bagging a phd at the age of thirteen?

Who's the bastard that laid an eternal curse on this country

Who we offend?

17 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by MrGreenMavro: 1:46pm On May 02, 2017
grin
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by sahapost: 1:46pm On May 02, 2017
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 02, 2017
ellagabs:
i concor...
hia in nigeria som stil dey batle wt 1st degree at d age of 35yrs
Hahahahaha. Funny guy. I guess you are one of these guys.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Basit002(m): 1:47pm On May 02, 2017
A business and entreprenuership blog for sale with media.net ads account attach to the blog, with a twitter account with over 3400 followers, Responsive PC and Mobile template, interested person email me at umarbasit5@gmail.com for link to the blog.
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by ikp120(m): 1:47pm On May 02, 2017
He is right sha.

Some people have extremely amazing memories, so they can handle anything that has to do with books very easily without stress at all. But working in real life(after school) is more than what you read in school books but more of real life stuffs like communication and advanced human relationship.

I also doubt if she is eligible for some kinda real big jobs before she's 18 or there about. I think there are laws in developed countries that govern labour ages.

The truth is that she is a minor. Not just a minor, but a really minor minor.

I just hope that she will be able to cope sha.

10 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by flexrivers(m): 1:48pm On May 02, 2017
Small minded fellow

4 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by iammolise(m): 1:48pm On May 02, 2017
Uncle tolu why u dey beef on d girl progress na?... Na brains carry am go there... Watin be ur own sef!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by bennybaba(m): 1:49pm On May 02, 2017
Wow that's a scholar. ..
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by thunderbabs: 1:49pm On May 02, 2017
Does dt Tolu know or xstand the word/term "prodigy"?

Buhari yaf relegated hz brain to daura % level....

If dey put dt 13 yr old with Tolu in d same class to write a professional exam, we already knw who will be better

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad / Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s / Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.